Posted 5:00pm

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign – Invading Your PSP This December!

Hi again, I’m Ana, the producer of Savage Moon here at FluffyLogic in Bristol, UK. Just wanted to keep you all informed about the latest news on Savage Moon. I’m pleased to say that Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign will be released via PSN on December 22nd. We’re really excited by the PSP version of the game and myself and the rest of the development team have spent the last few months pouring our energy into the game and were very pleased with the result – and we hope you will be too!

Savage Moon PSP

If you’ve not played Savage Moon before; it’s a real-time, tower defense game pitting you (the humans) against hordes of hitinous, carnivorous, bug-like creatures called Insectocytes who are the immune system of living planets – called Imoons – the the humans are trying to mine. The Hera campaign is the third project we’ve done – following on from the PS3 release and the extra levels on PS3 of Waldgeist.

Savage Moon PSP

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign (named after the Aegophagus or goat eating aspect of the Greek goddess of the same name) is set within a huge gathering of Imoons, the Hera Cluster, that drifted into human space. Preliminary intelligence suggests that it consists of, at least, 20 Imoons populated by a rich variety of Insectocyte forms, some of which we have encountered before and some of which are new. We are extremely excited to have Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign available for the PSP, which in fact is not a port but specifically designed for the PSP. It also includes 2 new species, a new interface and the ability to unlock vengeance mode for each Imoon. You can also unlock alternative, specially commissioned soundtracks too.

Savage Moon PSP

To support the upcoming release you can find the latest trailer which showcases some of the gameplay that you can expect to experience. Also, keep and eye on our Support Page as we’ll be posting links to hints, tips and help with the game. The game is set to release on the 22nd December and will be priced at £6.29/€7.99 – enjoy! :)

Thanks!
Ana

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

14 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

AoNekoAmaru 15 December, 2009 @ 5:12 pm   1

I’m still struggling with the PS3 version but, darn, this is going to my PSP Go directly at release! =D Awesome news and an even better x-mas ahead. ;3

day one for sure! I only recently got into the PS3 version and the price of this one is too good.

Is the PS3 version any good? I’d promised myself I wouldn’t use PSN store any more, but I do love tower defence and this looks fun.

Silent_Gig 15 December, 2009 @ 6:36 pm   4

Ana thank you so much for making savage moon, i think youve given the towder defense genre a really good make-over. I love the space desgin and the way the game is set out.

I think this PSP version is going to make me even more addicited then i was with the PS3 version!

Also is there chance for a now DLC pack for the PS3 version.. or beter yet multiplayer play!

Thomas Rawlings 16 December, 2009 @ 1:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words. We have ideas for new DLC – who knows….it is up to Sony…

theshepanator 15 December, 2009 @ 6:53 pm   5

Stop stealing all my spare time! looks promising, good job! Is there any possibility of DLC add-ons for PSP games like this, or an episodic series? ;)

Ravenblade86 15 December, 2009 @ 7:01 pm   6

Thats very tempting, might end up being a christmas day present to myself :) Really enjoyed Savage Moon on the PS3 though I haven’t played that far into it because…well…I got stuck lol. Really challenging tower defence game, but really good.

TOMMO121081 15 December, 2009 @ 8:32 pm   7

looking forward to this. any chance of having the original game ported to the PSP? TBH this is the kinda game, and Critter Crunch and Gravuty Crash, that should be coming out on the PSP anyway.

Thomas Rawlings 16 December, 2009 @ 1:53 pm

We’ve not plans to port the original – when we looked at the PSP we felt that a port does not do justice the PSP, so re-designed the game adding new bits and keeping others from the PS3.

TD games are just a dumbed down strategy games. What is it with those games lately? Is thinking and acting in real time (or even in turns) so hard for the casual gamer these days?

Thomas Rawlings 16 December, 2009 @ 1:57 pm

As a designer, I like the Tower Defence genre because by limiting one area, it allows us to force more out of the gameplay in other areas. I still also play full RTS games but TDs are a welcome addition to the strategy family.

Absolutely love the ps3 version, day one purchase for me and you should feel honoured, I hardly ever buy psp games :D

I haven’t played the PS3 version. I’m getting this for my PSP :)

This is looking great… but what about Pro Evo on the PSP Go on the PSN… is this ever coming?

ninja_tom 16 December, 2009 @ 7:55 am   12

Great price, looks really cool too. This is what PSN is all about!

Prem-aka-Prince 16 December, 2009 @ 9:19 am   13

£6.29? must be a mistake! lol but really I thought it was gonna be around £30, this is a nice price^^

considering how they’re all downloadable releases, and if perhaps you released a fourth title… (whether it be an addon or new episode), for people with both PS3 and PSP, it would be really sweet to be able to buy all of them in a bundle for a bundle-like price. It’s too late for people like me who already bought it, but if I was on the edge I’m sure I’d love something like that. how does that sound to you? =)

AshKorsair 20 December, 2009 @ 10:58 am   14

awesome, i love savage moon on the ps3 (got it 100% trophied :) )
gonna buy this one as well!
here some tips for more aliens!
shriekers: when they die there shrieks of death and alarm cause the others to run faster!
protectors: flying aliens that protect ground ones with a impenetrable shield. kill the flying one before u can kill the ground one!
healers: td standard! when they die they heal all nearby aliens for a small or large amount!

tower tip: more fire! flamethrowers we want!
design a alien sub-species that radiate intense cold and thus slow down rate of fire of your towers…damn that sucks! until…flamethrowers!