Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:08pm

This Week On The SingStore (20 October 2010)

Hello!

I hope you all had a great weekend playing SingStar and of course rocking out to SingStar Guitar which was released last week? For all you guitar fiends I am happy to announce that this is the first time we’re including downloadable add-ons for songs on the store. You can see the full list below. We’ll be adding more in future updates so keep a close eye on the blog and the tracklistings.

This week on the SingStore (20 October 2010)

This week on the SingStore (20 October 2010)

Which leads me to the bit of information a lot of you have been asking for in the past few weeks. Pricing for add-ons in the store has now been confirmed at GBP 0.40 and 0.50 Euros per add-on. You can also check your respective SingStores for prices not in GBP/Euros.

The songs that will definitely make it on the playlist at my next SingStar party next weekend are: ‘Ma Baker’ by Boney M, ‘Teenage Dirtbag’ by Wheatus and Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell’s ‘You’re All I Need To Get By’. I’ll also be getting the guitars out for, well, probably all of them to be honest. :)

This week on the SingStore (20 October 2010)This week on the SingStore (20 October 2010)

Our song pack this week is by the five lovely ladies who go by the name of Girls Aloud and it includes five of their biggest hits to date.

Rock on!

Nina xx

In English

30 Seconds To Mars From Yesterday worldwide
30 Seconds To Mars The Kill worldwide
Agnes On And On worldwide
Boney M. Ma Baker worldwide
Chromeo Needy Girl worldwide
Cinema Bizarre Lovesongs (They Kill Me)
David Fonseca Superstars II
Girls Aloud Love Machine
Girls Aloud Biology
Girls Aloud The Show
Girls Aloud I’ll Stand By You
Girls Aloud I Think We’re Alone Now

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

46 Comments 22 Author replies
Show oldest first
Claudio-Bertozzi 18 October, 2010 @ 4:20 pm   1

This week i’m getting Agnes and Emilia. Nina, any news about Tom Waes? And another thing, can we play Singstar Dance if we haven’t got the disc? Is it possible to update songs for the normal Singstar? I have Playstation Move, so I as just wondering.

Claudio

Nina Scherer 18 October, 2010 @ 4:42 pm

Hi Claudio,

No news about Tom, I’m afraid.

We will be releasing dance add-ons on the store soon after the disc so yes, you will be able to play.

Cheers,

Nina

Outofathens 18 October, 2010 @ 4:22 pm   2

Ma Baker!!!!!! ;)

Dimentio82 18 October, 2010 @ 4:24 pm   3

Tell us Nina,

can we also get the Guitar-Addons for Songs we own on DVD, like The Script and Kaiser Chiefs?
I already got those songs on DVD and i would love to use my guitar with them, but i don’t wanna buy them again, obviously…

Nina Scherer 18 October, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

I’m afraid that won’t be possible. The add-ons only work for songs that have been downloaded from the store.

Any plans for more Britney and Avril? What about some Madonna? :D

At any rate Teenage Dirtbag is a good choice for Singstar and I do like the two 30 Seconds To Mars songs so thumbs up from me for those songs :).

Can I buy just the guitar add-ons (or when they come out dance add-ons) without owning aguitar/dance disk? (I own several singstar disks already but prefer to buy DLC to save clutter)

Nina Scherer 18 October, 2010 @ 4:57 pm

Yes you will. We will be releasing the gameplay extra for both onto the store very soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

BluenosePete83 18 October, 2010 @ 4:29 pm   6

OK again but I can’t help feeling that the regular Singstar users are being pushed to the side in favour of the preparations of the new formats. The updates since June/July time have been diluted, especially for UK/US users.

Will buy Chromeo and 30 Seconds To Mars “The Kill”.

You’ve probably been asked this a thousand times but how do you go about selecting songs? Do they get offered to you, or do you seek out certain songs? I can imagine that record companies are awkward in making it possible to get certain songs but this list is surely not the very best out of the past 50 years of popular music you could find.

Keep up the work though, you no doubt have a stressful time at moment.

philipathens 18 October, 2010 @ 4:32 pm   7

Nothing for me this week :( Oh Well, next time!

I am patiently waiting for Dance song upgrades!

philipathens 18 October, 2010 @ 4:34 pm   8

Correction, I just saw The Boney M song :P… It’s gonna be a blast at parties!

jelly_bean 18 October, 2010 @ 4:37 pm   9

It’s interesting to see 30 Seconds to Mars in the Singstore… I’ll definitely buy both songs… I also hope to see more songs from My Chemical Romance in the future… And nice job on the affordable price of the updated rock songs ;)

martouf-singstar 18 October, 2010 @ 4:37 pm   10

Hi there,

I’ll get one song this time : BONEY M !!! And maybe one more : Emilia’s Big big world but I’m not sure yet… .

See you soon.

amplifiedAnt 18 October, 2010 @ 4:58 pm   11

- Are guitar upgrades going to be free for songs we already own? If not, why not? How much can we expect to pay? What percentage of the current catalogue is getting guitar compatibility?

- Why can’t non-guitar compatible songs be hidden when using the Singstar Guitar disc? Scrolling through all my DLC to get to one of the disc tracks is crazy.

- The menus for setting up a game are getting progressively worse with each update. Now far too complicated to jump into a quick match with your friends.

- The store layout is archaic – hate to think what it’s going to look like when Dance is implemented on top of the guitar section.

- Compared to Rock Band/Guitar Hero the new guitar part looks thrown together and has none of the Singstar subtle style. The scrolling tracks and icons look bland/amateurish and hammer-ons/pull-offs are barely recognisable from normal notes.

Singstar has had its niche for 6-ish years now and did well sticking to it. The existing catalogue has very few guitar-heavy tracks, so unless some seriously good rock and metal is added (none of the indie rubbish that plagued Singstar Rocks on the PS2 and now Guitar on the PS3) it’s going to be a short, feeble fight.

Nina Scherer 19 October, 2010 @ 9:29 am

Thanks for your comments.

SingStar is and will stay a singing game. Some people might be a little shy or don’t like singing in front of people so by introducing guitar other people get the opportunity to also join in party without having to sing.

After all, it’s all about having a bit of fun, right?

invading_space 18 October, 2010 @ 5:09 pm   12

Boney M on the store, bodes well for Christmas carols by them hitting on mass this holiday season! Right Nina? Please tell me to stay tuned!

Nina Scherer 18 October, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

Haha – I COULD tell you to stay tuned but that would not be nice of me because I really don’t know yet. So I won’t!

alleyt1989 18 October, 2010 @ 5:12 pm   13

Good start for Boney M tracks! Will also pick up the 30STM tracks, Emilia and Wheatus!

Andrefpvs 18 October, 2010 @ 5:30 pm   14

Thumbs up for David Fonseca!

xanderencateline 18 October, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   15

Hi Nina,

Thx for the update. Only the Emilia song will do for me. The rest of the songs are really crap.
Can you update some more 80′s hits, like Taylor Dayne “tell it to my heart’ or Glenn Madeiros “Nothing’s gonna change my love for you”… or Pet Benatar “Love is a battlefield”.

And there are no dutch songs this time. Nina, I asked this last week also :(
When can we get some dutch songs like marco borsato?

Nina, hve a good week.
Singstar fan from Holland.

Another one here happy for David Fonseca’s song. Now bring on “A cry for love”! :)

irishbangra 18 October, 2010 @ 5:52 pm   17

My Big three that need to be added to the Singstore
Jason Mraz
Michael Bublé
Black Eyed Peas
Until then Nina the dust collects on my microphones…till Christmas anyway :)

xeryus1984 18 October, 2010 @ 6:02 pm   18

will be picking up teenage dirtbag. is anyone else suffering with the loss of extras like voice control since the version 5 release?

Nina Scherer 19 October, 2010 @ 9:31 am

Hiya -

Thanks for reporting this. We’ll be fixing this very soon.

Cheers,

Nina

amplifiedAnt 18 October, 2010 @ 6:03 pm   19

Hmmph, why has my previous post not been accepted? There was nothing offensive in there, unless constructive criticism is no longer allowed? What I phrased was purely as a Singstar fan who is sad that a favourite series is in slow decline, not as a troll trying to bait a reaction.

No matter, I saved it on my work PC and will repost tomorrow.

Nina, i have a question and ill really appriciate if you gave me an answer :) Now that Turkish PSN Store is open, can we expect Turkish songs on SingStar or a Turkish SingStar game (as a BluRay or even DVD for PS2) ? We already have one for PS2, but thats not enough !..

Do you if in the future, songs on disc can receive the update… maybe there is a way we can register which discs we have…

Love Wheatus… On the message boards it said that song wont ever be on singstar because sony and wheatus parted ways on not so good terms…

any news if guitar is being released in north america

Nina Scherer 19 October, 2010 @ 9:37 am

It’s a complicated business but we hear ya.

Mhh, see what you can learn from messageboards? ;)

There won’t be a disc release in north America for guitar but you will be able to download the extra from the store and upgrade songs that way soon – if available there, of course.

More 30 Seconds to Mars will be getting all of those

Hi Nina,

It doesn’t really say, but will the Girls Aloud songs be available to buy seperately? I know that I have some of those already and I don’t really want to buy them twice.

Thanks!

Nina Scherer 19 October, 2010 @ 9:38 am

Hey

All the tracks from the pack are available as singles in the store.

Nina

MonsterRacer 18 October, 2010 @ 8:12 pm   24

Hi Nina,

Some dutch people are asking for dutch songs the last updates because there’s no new dutch songs in the store now for more than a half year (Maybe it’s already a year) but there’s not coming any reaction???

Have you fogotten the dutch singstar fans?

I hope you will say something about it

Please make the dutch singstar fans proud on the singstar team and give us some new dutch songs ;-)

Thanks Nina

Nina Scherer 19 October, 2010 @ 9:46 am

Of course we haven’t forgotten. Nothing has come through for a while, that’s all.

Nice to see another Stereophonics track with Guitar support.

Please, please, please release guitar add-ons for the Manics tracks on the Singstore!

dividsmythe 18 October, 2010 @ 9:28 pm   26

will I be able to download the songs that I got on my last ps3cuz I cant even redownload them which really peeved me I wouldnt mind so much if had to pay but obviously wouldnt redownload them all!oh by the way I love singstar its a great party game or just when your bored or when you wanna chher my self up a bit

Nina Scherer 19 October, 2010 @ 9:48 am

You can get all your songs transferred for redownload to your new PS3. Please call customer services who will explain how to.

Nina, probably won’t get an answer but here goes

Trophies for guitar / dance songs – how does this work? If I’ve got a song and upgrade it then do really well and get say 9000 points will it earn me the trophy or does this only happen with singing?? Do the upgrades have any trophies? What about the Dance / Guitar discs??

CHAZ1873RFC 19 October, 2010 @ 12:40 am   28

hi there singstar people for the fifth update on the trot there is nothing but pop.i didnt come on here demanding this artist or that artist all i asked was that there be a bit of variety.on this note you have failed so regretfully i am out.ps my singstar disc is lying in twelve pieces so i am afraid there is no turning back LOL.

Claudio-Bertozzi 19 October, 2010 @ 8:45 am   29

Hey, Singstar has the best updates for Karaoke and Sing games on any consoles. It is the only that releases so much songs, so you better be happy with what you get.

Thanks for nice update as always Nina, a bit disappointed that the guitar and dance is not a fully platinium seperate games thought!, I hope you atleast give us more video slots to upload videos as we already used the ones avail for ordinary singstar!, also I’m a bit unhappy to see now that you also will make the addon for guitar and dance avail at the store, I would had prefered that, but I’ve already preordered both guitar and dance addon ofcourse, but to be honest I would prefer dl all games from store as I hate disc swap! you might force me to buy the dl version on store too!, lucky you, but not my wallet! :) – pleace make a dance mat addon for singstar too soon!, then you might make up a bit :)

amplifiedAnt 19 October, 2010 @ 10:20 am   31

Here goes then…

CHAZ1873RFC 19 October, 2010 @ 1:26 pm   32

if i already own a certain track why should i buy an add on to play guitar or dance with it.yet another shameful attempt by sony at milking their customers dry just the same as playstation plus.where will it end with you people.playstation 4 has now officially been crossed off my to buy list

Nina Scherer 27 October, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear you feel like this. Unfortunatley we can’t give add-ons away for free. After all, the production of these isn’t free either. Hope you understand.

Many thanks,

Nina

GameGirlGoneWild 19 October, 2010 @ 1:57 pm   33

Great track and video “The Kill” by 30 Seconds to Mars, can’t wait for that! I’m getting both 30 Seconds to Mars songs and thanks for more Rock. Do I understand you correctly that all the songs on the Guitar disc will be in the download store? I had to do a double take on that. Does this mean they will be available to buy just for singing? (I really want Muse!) And if we get the singing and guitar version the on-screen frets and prompts will not appear unless we have a guitar controller plugged in, right? I don’t want to look at that unless I have a guitar player.

Nina Scherer 27 October, 2010 @ 5:17 pm

Any guitar-enabled track on the disc and the store can still be played as singing only, so if you don’t want to play guiter, just treat it as a normal SingStar song.

As usual we will try our best to get all the disc tracks for the store too but again, some are more likely than others.

amplifiedAnt 19 October, 2010 @ 2:45 pm   34

Apologies for the repeat post Nina, my first wasn’t displaying when I reposted what I had written. The feedback you gave is great to hear, but as you didn’t acknowledge the rest of my post I hope that the points won’t be completely disregarded – they certainly echo the opinions of many of my PS3-owning friends. The interface/hammer-on and pull-off issues are especially important as they hamper the guitar experience massively :(

I’m not saying that Guitar shouldn’t have been introduced – I bought the Guitar disc on day one. Rather that it feels like it’s been introduced rather clumsily and needs some work to get it up to scratch. I was really excited before release and now feel a little deflated by the implementation.

It’s difficult for me to be so critical of the Singstar series, but equally I think it’s important for the fans to point out what’s lacking in the series. I’ve been buying the games since the very start on the PS2 and have amassed a large library of DLC. Of course I just want to see Singstar continue to be popular and the ‘top of the chart’ when it comes to singing games ;)

Nina Scherer 27 October, 2010 @ 5:24 pm

I try and respond to as much as I can on here but unfortunately not every point in every post can be adredded all the time by little olde me. I’d be here day and night (and don’t say now ‘that’s a great idea’ :))!

You’ll be glad to know that the team also closely follow this blog every week so any suggestions/improvements will certainly be acknowledged even though I don’t reply to every bit.

PS: ‘Top of the Chart’ sounds good to me.

BalramRules 19 October, 2010 @ 6:16 pm   35

instead of callin da TBA Game singstar: dance, they should’ve just called it DanceStar! =D

Have to agree that the hammer-on pull-offs are very difficult to see. In general, the Guitar visuals are extremely bland. Also, you get no feedback as to how well you are doing (unlike Rock Band / Guitar Hero, where you can easily see if you miss a note) so it is hard to adjust when you are missing notes.

(cont.)

It is barmy that when we already own a track that also appears on the Singstar Guitar disc that without the Guitar disc in the drive we cannot play the Guitar. For example, I had bought “KT Tunstall, Suddenly I See” as DLC and it also appears on the Singstar Guitar disc. Why isn’t my DLC version automatically upgraded to include the Guitar track without needing the Guitar disc in the drive? It is becoming ever more vital that the next patch, released as soon as humanly possible, introduces a way to consolidate the library from multiple discs so that the game recognises everything that we own, including whether we have bought the guitar or dance upgrade, no matter which disc we have in the drive, or whether it is DLC. I don’t mind having to insert the discs occasionally to prove my ownership, but swapping discs was already getting ridiculous, has got more so with the release of Guitar and will be scaling the heights of ludicrousness when Dance is released!

Nina!

Its great that you got a couple of westlife tracks for the last two updates – but is there any way you can get My Love for Westlife?

Also not sure how I feel about adding the dance and guitar stuff into Singstar… seems a bit of a money grab which is all well and good but if there’s no future potential then why bother… if people want to play guitar hero they’ll play guitar hero. secondly the plastic instrument era is dead and buried… the latest guitar hero sales are 1/10th of what it was last year. and its not just the cluttering of instruments around the house, but the challenge of pressing five notes scolling down a highway is dead.

I dont think karaoke will ever go away look at china and japan and korea – and thats why you should stay true to this genre and make it the best you can possibly make it.

which brings me to requesting chinese/japanese/korean songs… you’ve got bollywood songs in there – i dont see why you can’t get chinese/japanese/korean songs – you better do it before someone else beats you to it! i might not be michael pachter but this stuff is obvious.

Thanks!

Bumblebee 20 October, 2010 @ 9:18 am   39

It still NEEDS to be simpler to swap players in and out for parties! Coming all the way out to the main menu and thus having to re-calibrate the voice controls is a total pain.

Unless I’m missing something, in which case, please educate me.

Also, I wish you had Babies and Disco 2000 by Pulp on there. Classic songs that are played every week at my local indie club and fill the dancfloor with people singing along, yet sadly overlooked by SingStar!

Voice Control and other extras were broken for me and many other users by the last patch, any news on when these will be fixed?

Nina Scherer 27 October, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

Hi –

We’ve got a fix going in the first week in November.

Cheers,

Nina

kalel1981 20 October, 2010 @ 6:16 pm   41

Nina, earlier this week when asked about buying upogrades without needing the disc you said

Whe n I come to buy an upgrade I’m told I need the disc – what’s going on??

Nina Scherer 27 October, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

Hi, until the the gameplay extras for Guitar and Dance are released in the Extras section and you have downloaded them you will need a disc to upgrade your store songs.

SideshowN 21 October, 2010 @ 8:55 am   42

Hello Nina,

You may have answered this question after post 21 but here it goes. I have access to both the US and UK singstore. I have purchased songs from both stores and I purchase from the US store first assuming the songs I want get released in the US. I have purchased the song Band on the Run from Wings and in the US singstore I have no option to upgrade that song with guitar. I load up the UK store and it doesnt recognize Band on the Run in my library probably because it isnt in my UK purchase history. Will the US singstore be getting guitar add on options in the future? I dont want to have to re purchase songs from other region stores to get an add on.

Nina Scherer 27 October, 2010 @ 5:27 pm

Hi – yes, we’ll be releasing Guitar and Dance gameplay as Extras very soon. That includes the US.

hey I messaged last week but you didnt reply :(!

anyways im reallllyyy desperate to see Wind beneath my wings by Bette Midler on the store … PLEASE tell me this is coming up soon :D

thanks nina

teamonkeyboy 27 October, 2010 @ 11:31 am   44

Where has singstargame.com gone? It links back to here. I want to check out the Singstore without booting up my PS3, but I’m going around in circles :(

Nina Scherer 27 October, 2010 @ 5:31 pm

Hi –

So it does. Singstargame.com does not exist anymore BUT a brand spanking new website is on its way to you very very soon. Watch this space.

Nina

Hi Nina,
We recently sold all ’8′ of our PS2 singstar games. We were told that all of the content was available for download at the ‘Singstore’. We were very annoyed to find that many of the songs from the discs are not available. Do you plan to make all of the songs from the discs available for download?
Cheers
Malc (NZ)

PS. “website is on its way to you very very soon” How soon, 1…2…3 weeks?

alexandrone 31 October, 2010 @ 9:26 am   46

Hi nina…when we’ll know about the next update???