Posted 4:59pm

LittleBigPlanet 2 Demo, Beta Trial Expansion And Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

Hi everyone! One of the things we promised when we announced the change in LittleBigPlanet 2‘s release date was that we’d find some ways to give you some LittleBigPlanet goodness ahead of the new game’s release in January. Now is the time to share with you what we’ve got in store…

sackbot_army

LITTLEBIGPLANET 2 STORY MODE DEMO

Let’s start with the great news that there will be a LittleBigPlanet 2 PSN demo coming your way next month. This demo will let everyone out there get a taste of LittleBigPlanet 2′s new Story Mode levels, and some of the new gameplay types that LBP 2 will give you the power to create for yourself. Experience the swinging good fun of the Grapple Hook, rescue some helplessly adorable Sackbots, and see the chaotic multiplayer fun that blows up when competitive scoring mode and some Creatinators armed with rockets are combined.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Story Mode demo will be published on PlayStation Store on 22 December.

SACKBOY’S PREHISTORIC MOVES

Next up is something a little different… a brand new spin-off PSN title that gives a taste of the fun that can happen when Sackboy gets his hands on the PlayStation Move motion controller.

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves contains a brand new 10 level theme – a dinosaur dominated land where the Evil Big Rex is king. You are on a mission to take on challenges engineered by Terrance Dactyl – and you’re going to need help. So put on your bear skins and grab up to four mates to navigate the tricky terrain of tropical jungle and erupting volcanoes – the player with the PlayStation Move controller leads the way, flicking switches and triggering platforms to help the others, using DualShock Controllers, through each level. Leap between Dino heads, use the Move controller to blast aside crates of bubbles, ride dinosaurs through prehistoric cities and take to the heights of the prehistoric tree canopy – then team up to defeat Big Rex, all while collecting Trophies along the way.

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is completely standalone – it doesn’t require either LBP 1 or LBP 2 to run. What you will need is one PlayStation Move controller and at least one friend with a DualShock Controller – it is a Move Required and multiplayer-only co-op experience.

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

The game will be included on the LittleBigPlanet 2 disc when it is released in January. But for everyone who’s desperate to have some motion controlled fun with Sackboy before then – and for the new PS3 and Move owners out there who are intrigued to find out who this Sackboy fellow is – Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves will be released on PlayStation Store on 15 December, priced €5.99.

That’s not all though! A week earlier, on 8th December, all PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free! And, as an extra “thank you” to the amazing community, thousands more LittleBigPlanet fans will receive an email to download Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free at the same time. Listen out for more news on this nearer the time.

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

For all you Move fans, Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is great fun – but it only scratches the surface of what’s possible when PlayStation Move and LittleBigPlanet meet, so look out for some exciting further updates to come after the release of LittleBigPlanet 2…

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

LITTLEBIGPLANET 2 BETA TRIAL

LBP 2 Beta Expansion

For weeks now, a group of trialists have been exploring the LittleBigPlanet 2 closed beta trial – providing the team at Media Molecule with a huge amount of valuable feedback, whilst also using the new tools to create some frankly stunning new levels that I’m sure many of you have been admiring from afar. There’s no better demonstration of just how powerful LBP 2′s new features are than to look at these creations – and I know many of you would love to play around with the new tools for yourselves.

Whilst everyone works hard to get all aspects of LBP 2 ready to release in January, it’s unfortunately not possible to open up the beta trial to everyone who’d like to be on there – the huge flood of Creators would be overwhelming! But the great news is that we are able to expand the beta trial a little further – so in early December, a new batch of PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive invitations to join the beta trial. Look out for more info to follow, Plus-folk!

So, to summarise all of that awesomeness…

Early December – A new batch of PlayStation Plus subscribers are invited into the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta trial.

8 December – PlayStation Plus subscribers and a big bunch of LBP fans get Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free.

15 December – Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves goes on-sale for €5.99 on PlayStation Store.

22 December – Everyone get their hands on the LittleBigPlanet 2 demo.

Woo!

WinterBoyPose

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

111 Comments 19 Author replies
Show oldest first

Sweet! Can’t wait to use my move with LBP 2!!

Wow nice work!!! Cheers.

Galvanise_ 18 November, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   3

Anyone saying PS+ isn’t worth it needs to rethink. Discounts on PSN games day one and a load of free content. Ace.

joshualeuty96-2- 18 November, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   4

Lookin’ forward to everything LittleBigPlanet :)
Hope i get a Code to redeem for Sackboy’s Prehistoric moves :D

nice one guys

Guillemots 18 November, 2010 @ 5:10 pm   6

Woooooooo :D

DANTHEMAN121 18 November, 2010 @ 5:12 pm   7

KICKASS

great stuff guys keep up the epic news

LBP2 Rocks

I hope I have a higher chance to get into the LBP 2 beta because I’m a PS+ subscriber and have the LBP Platinum Trophy.

That’s pretty sweet news about Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free for us Plus people ^^.

*Finger crossed that I get into the beta*

Nice one, looking forward to it.

Skookie30 18 November, 2010 @ 5:22 pm   11

“sigh” What you mean ps+ is worth it, ppl take note it be like KZ3 a lottery once again.

alex what do we have to do to be enter the lottery? thanks :|

Finally PlayStation Plus is paying off :D

shotgun_69 18 November, 2010 @ 5:28 pm   13

Awesome news for all Planeteers everywhere. Is there any way of strengthening our chances of getting a beta invite such as giving out cake or gracious compliments :D.

Alex Pavey 18 November, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

I’m afraid that for ethical reasons we cannot be swayed by even the tastiest of cakes ;)

Carnivius_Prime 18 November, 2010 @ 5:29 pm   14

I love Media Molecule. Great stuff. Keen on trying that Move game out but i have no friends :(

Alex Pavey 18 November, 2010 @ 5:32 pm

Aww, I’m sure you can find someone who fancies joining in a bit of Prehistoric fun with you :)

WOO!!! :D

loving ps+ now it starting to pay off cant wait for move and LBP wooooo

anonymus212 18 November, 2010 @ 5:45 pm   17

hi alex, could you try answer my questions if possible mate.

1) will we be able to create our own move levels with the expansion on the LBP2 disk in January ?

2) also, will there be anything extra for paying the prehistoric moves before release ? like a code for access for a free costume in lbp2. it would be more fair as the huge fans will make you extra money by paying for this early rather than waiting and getting it for free.

3) finally, will the beta for + users be an equal competition (ie the kz3 one) rather than a who has the platinum trophy etc. ?

Alex Pavey 18 November, 2010 @ 6:25 pm

hey anonymus212 – I’ll do my best! :) Regarding #3 – I can’t go into the specifics of that at this point, so apologies for that. On your other questions…

1) On the LBP 2 disc in January you will get Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves, but there will not be any ‘create with Move’ or ‘create for Move’ functionality. Proper Move integration with LBP 2 will come post-launch.

2) That’s a very good point, and it’s why we’re planning to give it Prehistoric Moves for free to a big bunch of people – we don’t want to penalise our biggest fans for their loyalty. Regarding your suggestion – it’s not something that is currently planned, but it’s genuinely something that I will investigate further because I think it’s a nice idea.

max_resistance 18 November, 2010 @ 5:46 pm   18

how u gona choose who gets the beta :)

C_L_O_U_D_M_A_N 18 November, 2010 @ 5:49 pm   19

Fantastic stuff fellas! You’re really spoiling us Plussers now! :D

vonhammer 18 November, 2010 @ 5:49 pm   20

Will the demo be online enabled? Need to know if my brother can get a decent connection this time.

Alex Pavey 18 November, 2010 @ 6:26 pm

Terrance Dactyl. Love it!

V00D00CHARL1E 18 November, 2010 @ 5:56 pm   22

ok, i admit i was wrong to give you a hard time. great price :)

Skookie30 18 November, 2010 @ 5:56 pm   23

Loveing Ps+ Yes ppl love it till they can’t get in KZ3-ß see if your happy faces after you don‘t get in, i also read the phase…

“the new batch of Ps+ subscribers will be invited” does that mean new members sound like it.

i ask a question & no answer so i say again how do we get a chance to enter lottery by a theme from the store. frankly the Plus is a Joke.

Alex Pavey 18 November, 2010 @ 6:32 pm

Hi Skookie30, thanks for your comments. To clarify one thing – “the new batch of PS+ subscribers” doesn’t mean “recently joined Plus members” – it means “the Plus subscribers who will be newly invited into the beta”. Sorry I wasn’t clear there.

Regarding your questions about who will be given entry into the trial – all PS+ subscribers will be considered, and you won’t need to download a theme from the PS Store; that’s all the details I can give for now, I’m afraid.

Red_Memory 18 November, 2010 @ 6:02 pm   24

God bless Media Molecule and everyone else involved in the making of LittleBigPlanet. Amazing game that I’ve enjoyed extremely much – especially in local co-op. It has been even been the reason for some of my friends actually buying an entire PS3 System – just to get their hands on LBP at their own place! So keep up the good work!

And I can’t wait to mess around with the creating in LBP2. I’ve played around with it in LBP1, but haven’t had time to properly creat a full stage that I would be proved of publishing. But with LBP2 I sure will!

mew_frenger 18 November, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   25

nice!

Bloody_Marcel 18 November, 2010 @ 6:08 pm   26

Does Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves support online multiplayer or is it only local?

Wow, PS+ is really paying off for me. Loving it so far.

As a massive LBP fan I’m already in the LBP2 beta and I CANNOT wait for LBP2 to be released next year. Having both LBP and Sackboys Prehistoric Moves free from PS+ on my hard drive should hopefully help make the wait easier!

tristano111 18 November, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   28

but why is the “sackboys prehistoric moves” out, before lbp2 is out?

This is so amazing news! LBP2 is like the only reason I bought PS Move, will be great to get a taste of it already, and free as well! Don’t regret getting PS+ now.

Also hoping I have a chance to get an LBP2 invite here ;) I previously won a key only to figure the competition was for the USA only, haha!

Tempted to sign up for playstation plus just for the possibility of getting in on the beta. So many hard decisions and I’m trying to watch where my money goes, it’s all so hard!
Anyway, still sore about the EU CE but that won’t keep me from saying how cool all this stuff is. Dec 22 cant come fast enough! Love that last pic btw.

Oh, and as people already pointed out, do you know if there will be online multiplayer for this move title?

ShadowFlex 18 November, 2010 @ 6:19 pm   32

Oh god! The Euro CE was a massive let down however I bloody hope I get into this Beta -Teary eyes- It’s so beautiful.

RedBullRacer 18 November, 2010 @ 6:27 pm   33

Faaan-dabby-dohzyyy!

vonhammer 18 November, 2010 @ 6:34 pm   34

“Hey vonhammer – The demo is offline only – it’s a demo of the Story Mode and it does include multiplayer, but only 4 player offline.”

Cheers.
Not in the Beta so I’m not sure if you could play online,but can you share any info regarding improvements in that department?

I guess a lot of the issues were due to the heavy use of physics in LBP,and thinking about it,I’m sure it’s a difficult to send that much info and keep the lagg levels down.

Bloody_Marcel 18 November, 2010 @ 6:35 pm   35

Thanks Alex.

A shame.
Same applies to the one in the disc right? No online whatsoever in any version of Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves correct?

xchris2008x 18 November, 2010 @ 6:39 pm   36

I hope i get a code, bought lbp 1 on day 1 and still play it :P

Cant wait to play the demo on 22nd dec :D

Thanks again

Alastair- 18 November, 2010 @ 6:39 pm   37

Shouldn’t be a lucky dip for beta invites.
In my own honest opinion I think the invites should be distributed to people that:
Buy a lot of things from the store
Have platinumed LBP and maybe got some expansions
Well known level creators within the LBP community

Unless you’re not requiring feedback in which case i’m fine with lucky dip.

Alex Pavey 18 November, 2010 @ 6:52 pm

Thanks for the feedback Alastair- it’s very useful to hear your thoughts. There are some strong feelings from people in either direction on this subject, all of which we do take into account when working out the best approach.

Skookie30 18 November, 2010 @ 6:43 pm   38

Thanks for the response i just read your response about 3) how to get into beta i like the free offer to ALL plus users, but not so sure of the lottery of betas for plus members.

Ask any beta Members & GAP Members Is it right that they don‘t Pay a plus subscribe long before plus come into play they don‘t need to pay for it, but get 100% invite to a beta do you think that fair. :|

anonymus212 18 November, 2010 @ 6:43 pm   39

ok, thanks for the reply alex !

ImperatorA3 18 November, 2010 @ 6:49 pm   40

Nice extra for plus-subscribers.

Hi Alex, while Alastair has some good suggestions about the beta, I personally am very interested in it but don’t agree that you should have platinum, expansions or even buy lots from the store. All i think is that they should use their PSN regularly and have some LBP1 trophies to show they have interest in the game.
I haven’t platinum’d the first game, though I do own all major expansions and buy off the store regularly, but I’d hate to think I wouldn’t get in due to silly restrictions. As long as I get an equal chance, I’m happy.

MalcolmHB 18 November, 2010 @ 7:08 pm   42

Awesome :D Can’t wait!

dam! I have psn + and now i will get the Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free.Now i need to get MOVE!!

parapetti 18 November, 2010 @ 7:22 pm   44

Wow this is sooo COOL :D MM your the best dev. this gen. I mean it! and the most generous at that ;) just a couple of questions : 1) Will every plus user get prehistoric moves for free? 2) What are my chances of getting into the beta being a ps plus user and a littlbe big planet owner :) I really appreciate the work you guys do I ve loved Little big planet and got all the story dlc but I’d like to know if you’ll be making more DLC in the future using move? :D that’d be flipping brilliant :)

tata_arek 18 November, 2010 @ 7:24 pm   45

Wow great info! So free Sackboy Prehistoric Moves(no PS+) will befor those who have LBP2 beta, right

parapetti 18 November, 2010 @ 7:25 pm   46

OOOhh and another question will I be able to play prehistoric moves with one of my buddys online? thanks

Not fair, maybe it are 2 million people which get a key for the beta, while there are much and much more subscribers…

But I´ll grab a pre-order!

Ohw yeh, I can´t edit my comment….

I would like to pre-order the Collector´s Edition, here in the Netherlands…

But I can´t find it anywhere at (online) store… Does this mean I can only pre-order it from like Game.co.uk?

OK will I be getting the code this time because last time my LBP2Beta mail got blocked and that [DELETED] me off!, Gimme my beta key!

bravo9zero 18 November, 2010 @ 7:58 pm   50

I will be so disappointed if I don’t get chosen for the LBP2 beta :(
I’ve been too so many sites giving BETA codes away and missed all of them! after hours of waiting (IGN being the recent)

The user-created levels for the LBP2 BETA(!)
Look amazing. Need to play this game!

Load all