Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:44pm

Ey3 Candy You Might Have Missed

A colleague of mine came along for her first E3 this year and commented, “I would never have known there were so many games journalists in this world.” Everywhere you look, interviews are happening, new games are being played, and it’s indicative of just how much news comes out of the event.

For the keenest of fans, it can be hard to keep up so, now that the avalanche has abated, here are some of the E3 trailers you might have missed. Let us know in the comments which titles you’re most looking forward to and, if you have any questions around any of them, ask away – it’s a lot easier for me to seek out the answers now that I’m back in the office.

PlayStation Vita

Little Deviants

Little Deviants is a series of madcap adventures that will showcase the multitude of features and functions your PlayStation Vita possesses, including rear touch pad, touch screen, the motion sensor, front and rear cameras, augmented reality and the microphone.

LittleBigPlanet

Sackboy comes to PS Vita in a brand new adventure powered by your imagination. Play, Create and Share your own games and levels designed specifically to utilise Vita’s varied set of control methods.

WipEout 2048

In a departure for the classic series, visit the time when the sport of Ant-grav Racing was born. You can either use traditional WipEout controls or try a new control scheme using Vita’s touch, tilt and voice control capabilities. You can even race online against PS3 players.

Sound Shapes

From Jonathan Mak, creator of Everyday Shooter on PS3, comes a musical adventure where you can play, create and share your own compositions via a medium that all self-respecting gamers know well – the side-scrolling platformer.

ModNation Racers

The hit kart-racing game in the play, create, share stable comes to PlayStation Vita and creating your own tracks is quicker and easier than ever thanks to touch screen and rear touch pad controls.

Everybody’s Golf

Tee off with this classic PlayStation Golf series that utilises intuitive touch screen controls and a dynamic new shot system.

Reality Fighters

Augmented reality comes to the beat-’em up genre. Get yourself in the game using the PS Vita camera and fight against advanced opponent AI in the world as you see it.

Super Stardust Delta

The addictive twin-stick shooter comes to PS Vita, bringing new modes and controls, such as using the touch screen to create black holes.

Smart As

The new generation of brain games tests your analytical skills, dexterity and three-dimensional problem solving.

PS3

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception

I’ve no doubt you’ve already seen this but I don’t need too many excuses to play it again. Nathan Drake’s third PS3 adventure draws ever closer and looks just as spectacular as his previous outings.

Journey

From the creators of FlOw and Flower, Journey is a relaxing voyage through a desert-land with an innovative approach to online multiplayer.

Starhawk

The spiritual successor to Warhawk brings Build & Battle to the shooter genre, allowing you to sculpt and shape the battlefield in real time and without taking your finger off the trigger. It also introduces a brand new story and lead character, as seen in this trailer.

Resistance 3

The atmospheric Resistance 3 trailers have been amongst the most viewed here on the PlayStation.Blog since the game was announced, and this new one sees Capelli trudging through snow in his fight against the Chimera.

Dust 514

Announced at E3 2011, this PS3 exclusive shooter from CCP Games feeds into their incredibly popular PC MMO, EVE Online.

Medieval Moves

Adventure through a fantasy world of dungeons and goblins as Deadmund seeks to overturn a curse that has turned him into a skeleton. Featuring instinctive PlayStation Move controls, from the creators of Sports Champions.

EyePet & Friends

You can now raise two pets at a time in the augmented reality sequel on PS3 and two players can join in the fun using a pair of PlayStation Move controllers.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

74 Comments 19 Author replies
Show oldest first
omgwtfdenny 14 June, 2011 @ 2:06 pm   1

I found it hilarious to see one of the guys in the “Medieval Moves”-trailer wear a Resistance-T-Shirt. XDDD

Those games prove that SONY are the BEST! ! ! :P

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

Glad you’re excited by the line-up. I have to admit that I saw at least two Vita games on the show floor that I had never heard of. Either there’s too much to keep up with or I’m a bad employee…

vicheous 14 June, 2011 @ 2:07 pm   3

ROFLOL! At the headline :D

TalllPaul 14 June, 2011 @ 2:07 pm   4

Little Deviants looked great fun. Great interview with the devs aswell, the shooter that utse the inbuilt camera is awesome :D

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

Botz Blast is good fun. My favourite is… erm, I can’t remember the name but it’s a a bit like Whack a Mole, using the touch screen. As it gets more difficult, some of the Little Deviants have their backs to you and you have to hit them using the rear touch pad, which got my brain into a bit of a knot.

JonnyPauz 14 June, 2011 @ 2:08 pm   5

I want to go to E3 next year, can you guys get me in, I can always report on something

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:20 pm

I seem to remember there being some competition winners on our flight so look out for stuff like that next year, I guess. I really like having community reports on events; it’s something we should do more of…

HiddenAway 14 June, 2011 @ 2:09 pm   6

Under Playstation Vita, isn’t Project Gravity/Gravity Daze missing?

Certainly one of the more interesting titles I saw this year.

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:26 pm

I just asked and it’s not appearing on the release schedule as it stands. Bear in mind that a lot of the stuff shown at the NGP launch was very early on.

TalllPaul 14 June, 2011 @ 2:13 pm   7

@James Yeah that looked pretty fun, although the guy demoing during the interview seemed to have trouble hitting one using the rear touch, did you find the accuracy being a problem with not being able to see where you are touching?

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:17 pm

You get the hang of it – the accuracy is perfect but, like you say, it’s tough at first when you can’t see what you’re touching. It’s a new way of playing and I’m sure we’ll all get used to using rear touch soon enough.

Vita + Everybody’s Golf = :D

James, is Ross up to date with the Store now? Are we back to Wednesdays only now?

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:28 pm

To my knowledge, yes. I do know that there is a post being prepared for tomorrow.

VictorAnalogy 14 June, 2011 @ 2:21 pm   9

I’m totally pumped for Journey. That game can’t come soon enough for my liking.

“Uncharted 3: Among Thieves”, hmmm :p

But yeah, really looking forward to Journey and Sound Shapes, loved Flower and Everyday Shooter.

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:30 pm

Deary me, that is the worst boo-boo I’ve made for a while… blame the jet lag!

johnleonhart 14 June, 2011 @ 2:24 pm   11

PS Vita is already preordered :D and I will be getting Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Uncharted in my hands, I just couldnt say no to that! Plus the price for a PS Vita is amazing value for the technology on show. I cant wait. Good show Sony!

Defo getting a vita cant wait any details of launch date ?

demonology7789 14 June, 2011 @ 2:26 pm   13

I still cant change my password for my psp account(shatterproof7789@hotmail.com) this means I cant get my welcome back package, why is your password changeing site STILL undermatanince I bet as soon as the welcome back expires the site springs back up………
I have work and dont have time to sit on the phone for hours to your costumer service to get it fixed so FIX IT

La_Mangouste 14 June, 2011 @ 2:26 pm   14

With Wipeout and Uncharted (and a nice price of 250€), the PS Vita will be mine at launch. ;-)

smokeypsd 14 June, 2011 @ 2:29 pm   15

I’m really concerned about hearing there will be no video out for the launch of Vita. Say it ain’t so. This might mean the difference between a day one purchase for me. It’s been a staple for the psp for a long time. I use this feature currently on my psp even now and will have a big use for it on a Vita. Aswell as no pairing of a ps3 controller.

It would be really silly if I have to find myself waiting for a new iteration right from the get go.

Cpt_Yanni 14 June, 2011 @ 2:38 pm   16

I really hope that PlayStation Vita will come this year and that it’s not like with the PlayStation 3. We (Europeans) had to wait like five months while it was already released in November in Japan and America… °Fingers Crossed°

Will the vita be the same as the go ware you need to download every game of the ps store ?

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

Here’s how it works: every game will be available to download from PlayStation Store. Certain games, particularly larger scale games such as Uncharted, will also be available to buy on memory cards in high street game stores.

Cpt_Yanni 14 June, 2011 @ 2:40 pm   18

@Mony24

No, games will (also?) be avaiable on NVG cards.

Skookie30 14 June, 2011 @ 2:40 pm   19

So we are on normal updates on a wednesdays store been down a Month we had JUST 3 catch up updates & each friging 1 had a same amount of content same before the outage We dont get alot of content scea Gets.

so 3 catch up to catch up a month worth it is NOT, more [DELETED] lies so we end up loseing content after all.

have a look at the 3 updates count the content see how many gaps to fill a Month in fact it over a month. :|

mossy144 14 June, 2011 @ 2:42 pm   20

james please can you contact plus find out if by taking 30 day trial we missed out on 15/12 offer cos i cant buy plus still thanks in advance

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

To my knowledge, it should be fine. Can you not see the option to buy a one year subscription in the Plus section of the Store?

johnleonhart 14 June, 2011 @ 2:42 pm   21

James, any idea of how much the PS Vita games are going to cost in the UK via NVG cards and PS Store, or is this still to be confirmed? Thanks.

Catkiller1 14 June, 2011 @ 2:56 pm   22

@ James

Sorry to post on here James but it looks like you actually reply to members within this thread.

When are we expected to get our Beyond Good & Evil HD refund for those of us that purchased it day 1?

When are we expected to receive our extra 10 days Plus Membership for us loyal Plus Members?

Will we have another BIG update tomorrow as it was mentioned in previous weeks that there is an anniversary & it will also be mid month?

I also seem to remember that Eat Them was going to be reduced for Plus Members before the outage, is this still the case? perhaps soon?

Please may i have an update to all of the above & I won’t pester again?

Thanks in advance :)

vonhammer 14 June, 2011 @ 2:58 pm   23

Uncharted 3 and Journey are it for me from those vids.And Starhawk next year.

Move showing was dreadful,that medieval thing looked rubbish.Starting to regret buying one.

PSV,has nice tech,although the touch looked off during the Mod nation’s state demo.didnt look accurate.
Uncharted would be a system seller,but I want uncharted on my big screen and not huddled over 5′ screen.But I must say,the quality of the OLED looks stunning.

doomsday619 14 June, 2011 @ 3:00 pm   24

Hi James i didnt know where to write this so this seemed best place i have Infamous 2 with the Uncharted 3 beta code but when i type it in it says already used?? What can i do about it?

vonhammer 14 June, 2011 @ 3:01 pm   25

Must add Dust 541.I think it was criminal how little exposure it seemed to get,especially on stage.

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 3:15 pm

We’ll be seeing a lot more of that game on the blog, I’m pretty sure.

Like catkiller i’ve been waiting on questions being answered too.

I want to get the 12(plus 3 free) month plus deal but first wanna know why the date on all the downloaded games i have from plus still says they expire at the end of next month instead of 60 days on from that? The 60 days has been added on the account part of psn, shouldnt these have changed too? Also, would like to know when the extra 10 days will be added.

Would like the answer to this before i resubscribe and the deal finishes soon…

Thanks.

a bit unrelated but when will Sega Rally Online be released for EU PSN? It was up on US PSN on the first day the store came back online, it’s been 3 weeks and we still don’t have it yet!

Shou_Kobayashi 14 June, 2011 @ 3:07 pm   28

Wait .. what… there is a lack of Sly Cooper in this post, you really need to fix that ;)

Bjarno86 14 June, 2011 @ 3:08 pm   29

@doomsday619 The Uncharted 3 Beta is not live yet, so hold on to your code, and use it on the 28th, when the Beta is uploaded to the store.

vonhammer 14 June, 2011 @ 3:08 pm   30

@doomsday619

You’ll be ok,input it again when the Beta is available to download and it should work.

See I said lack of Dust was criminal,I even got the name wrong :(

darthsej 14 June, 2011 @ 3:12 pm   31

hey folks i have a problem that has nothing to do with whats bein shown on this page but i don’t know where else i can post this. ok i bought back to the future the game about 2 days b4 the network went down. i got episodes 1 and 2 wen i bought it. since the net work has been restored 100% i’ve seen on other web pages that episode 3 has been available from the ps store since it came back online i still don’t have it and can’t find it on the store. any help with this would b great as i have paid £15.99 for the 5 episode series and only have the firt 2. thanx

ShadowDoGGG 14 June, 2011 @ 3:14 pm   32

Eh? I was expecting booth babes from that headline

Catkiller1 14 June, 2011 @ 3:15 pm   33

@ SteDE

Unfortunately you have to redownload everything before the outage for the new expiry dates to refresh. It’s a major pain but that is the only work around.

Lucky for me I only joined in March so there wasn’t much for me to redownload.

ShadowDoGGG 14 June, 2011 @ 3:16 pm   34

Oh, don’t think your off the hook Sony with $250 -> €250. That is just disgraceful. Has to be less than £200 for me to even consider PSV.

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 3:27 pm

I think that we should have done a better job of explaining sales tax around the announcement, and that the dollar price doesn’t include tax as it varies by state.

mossy144 14 June, 2011 @ 3:19 pm   35

No if I click on plus it’s got red symbol fir purchased and only preview option is available thanks

XX-Kim1987-XX 14 June, 2011 @ 3:20 pm   36

Hi, long time follower, first time poster here! E3 looked awesome this year, thanks to all the PSN team for keeping us updated! does anyone know when or if the E3 uncharted : Drakes Deception story trailer will be available to download from the PS Store? cant wait to see it in glorious HD! XX

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

Just told the Store team that people want the Uncharted trailer and they are on the case right now. Expect it soon.

ShadowDoGGG 14 June, 2011 @ 3:23 pm   37

Here’s the name for the sequel of Uncharted. Uncharted: Drakes Conception

ShadowDoGGG 14 June, 2011 @ 3:23 pm   38

prequel****

ShadowDoGGG 14 June, 2011 @ 3:24 pm   39

Bah I mean prequel**

vonhammer 14 June, 2011 @ 3:28 pm   40

@SteDE @Catkiller1

It’s just the licence that needs renewing.Sonic 1 ran out on mine and I “proceeded to store” clicked download and it said activating,I’ve now got 173 days left.

Catkiller1 14 June, 2011 @ 3:37 pm   41

@ vonhammer

Thanks for clearing that up & I wish I knew about that earlier as it would of saved some time!!

I was told to redownload from other members…..oh well at least I know now & I will inform my friends of the correct way.

vonhammer 14 June, 2011 @ 3:37 pm   42

@XX-Kim1987-XX

If your using your PS3 browser try this

Follow the instructions to activate the HD mode (really easy) Then under video,click triangle your desired resolution (720p,1080p) This brings up the browser menu.
Select File,Save Target As.and it’ll download to the video section of the XMB.

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

Such a helpful chap! I’m waiting for someone to get back to me on all the Plus queries.

Ah so it’ll direct me to the store and reactiviate it again, thats alright then. Cheers for your help vonhammer and catkiller1.

Do-_One 14 June, 2011 @ 3:43 pm   44

Any news on abandoned for EU been 3 weeks now and we still nt got it.

socom special forces this is plz answer james

Mike939 14 June, 2011 @ 3:44 pm   45

I was also expecting booth babes, now I have a dissapoint:(

the1free_man 14 June, 2011 @ 3:48 pm   46

Any word on a release date for Journey? Or that zombie hand-holding game ign was raving about? Also, what is the name of that zombie hand-holding game…?

obrienlfc 14 June, 2011 @ 3:53 pm   47

quick question about plus james, if i sign up for a years sub now will i be able to download the offers for ps+ birthday at the end of the month? and any updates on what the content might be? SONY RULED E3!!!!!!!

James Gallagher 14 June, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

Yes, sign up now and you can get all content in Plus from that date.

Pro_espace72 14 June, 2011 @ 4:04 pm   48

Please James or someone help me! I just got my old 60GB PS3 working and it won’t let it update on 3.65 version, it stops installing at 71%. I’ve tried 3 times. Is there any chances to get it an update that works? Maybe earlier update?

Carnivius_Prime 14 June, 2011 @ 4:07 pm   49

Still waiting for that Uncharted trailer in lovely HD from the PS Store.

Also I must have missed something but why is Beyond Good & Evil HD a couple pounds cheaper on the store this week than last? Am I getting a refund? It’s a great game but I’m very disappointed it’s only got a basic trophy set when this is a game I would very much love to play to get a Platinum trophy and the other PS2 upgrades have full sets.

Massamo84 14 June, 2011 @ 4:09 pm   50

any idea why not letting me buy a year of ps+ right now

Load all