Posted 18 October

Gran Turismo 5 DLC Out Today

store_bg_hd

If you’ve had a passing acquaintance with PlayStation Blog over the last few weeks you might well have noticed some of the exciting new content being released for Gran Turismo 5. Initially there was the bumper pack of free content within Update 2.0 that became available last week. At the same time last week we also confirmed exactly what was coming your way within the new DLC packs for the game.

NissanGTRGran Turismo 5: Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

Gran Turismo 5: Red Bull X2011 PrototypeGran Turismo 5: Kart Space

SpaGran Turismo 5: Circuit de Spa - Francorchamps

racing_gear_pack_1

racing_gear_pack_3racing_gear_pack_2

Well folks today is DLC day and I am happy to confirm that all of the five packs are now available. So (making sure you have downloaded Update 2.0) head over to PlayStation store and take your pick of the Racing Car, Course, Racing Gear or Special Paint Packs…heck you might even throw caution to the wind, go the whole hog and bag yourself the entire set in the Complete Pack. The choice is yours…

To set the decision making process off (and to see some of the new content in action) check out the re-worked GT5 opening movie that was included in Update 2.0. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

83 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

chrisandsheva 18 October, 2011 @ 5:08 pm   1

just want to say well done for giving away all those extras in the patch, any other dev would definitely added a price tag and called it dlc,..

James Gallagher 19 October, 2011 @ 11:13 am

Hi all, the Complete Bundle is now in the Plus section of the Store with the discount applied. Sincere apologies for the delay.

Got the complete pack this morning, so happy!

Hopefully Polyphony Digital start putting out frequent dlc, because I’d love me some more courses! :)

moriarty1975 18 October, 2011 @ 5:09 pm   3

Will we be getting the PS+ discount tomorrow?

I thought their was a psn + discount on this?

I bought it, and am somewhat regretting it. 1 paint of each, then it’s gone, mostly ok-ish cars but nothing special. 1 great track, and another ok-ish track. Not able to be used on accounts other than the one used to purchase it, if I had known I might have avoided buying it.

Artemisthemp 18 October, 2011 @ 5:11 pm   6

Complete pack is all the Discount, you will get @PSN+ ppl (including my self).

A bit sad over the X2011

Can something please be done about the one-per-use paint chip restriction?

It makes no sense to make paint chips restricted to one usage.

Please Sony, Polyphony, make acquired paint chips have unlimited usage once you have them.

This current system simply makes no sense – including the tiny “paint preview” icon.

It makes the customisation aspect of GT5 deeply, deeply flawed and quite honestly unenjoyable.

moriarty1975 18 October, 2011 @ 5:15 pm   8

Where is the PS+ discount?
Also make this available for all accounts on the PS3, instead of just the buyer.

Skookie30 18 October, 2011 @ 5:31 pm   10

So many complaints can sony or devs learn by their mistakes it a PR nightmare.

i been reading this post and the other 1 from last week devs, sony you never learn about misleading ppl as this clearly is.

this is not the 1st time we read misleading LIES.

why do they not say these things about 1 psn only & paints etc because “PPL WONT BUY IT”

aerosol_grey 18 October, 2011 @ 5:38 pm   11

My daughter and I were looking forward to this BUT, it is locked to a single user id…we share the same disc so should be able to use the same DLC (as we can for every other game) this is a rip off and therefore I will not be buying this… Must say congratulation to the devs for shooting themselves in the foot!!!

vonhammer 18 October, 2011 @ 5:39 pm   12

First + discount I was going too use,turns out it’s not there :( can’t help but feel this was intentional.

RedBullRacer 18 October, 2011 @ 5:40 pm   13

I bought it. Very happy with the DLC, but where was the PlayStation Plus discount? Bit upset at that.

JonnyPauz 18 October, 2011 @ 5:47 pm   14

Not sure if I should be asking this here, I should probably wait for the store update annoucement but are we getting “Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space” as well.

Han_the_Dragon 18 October, 2011 @ 5:49 pm   15

I was looking forward to the discount for PSN+, but….

Also for some reason when I enter the in-game PSN store it says there’s nothing there to buy… do we need to buy it from the actual PSN store to it appear in the in-game store or something?

Portuguese PSN account with Signature Edition, so it shouldn’t be a region problem I think…

¿Where is the promised discount for Plus subscribers?

VictorAnalogy 18 October, 2011 @ 6:10 pm   17

Why have so many plus members, who know there is supposed to be a discount, buy this with no discount? I won’t be picking it up till the discount is applied. It’s a damn sight easier to not give Sony your money in the first place than to try and get it back later.

I have purchased the content but it hasn’t downloaded, do I have load the game up to download it or do I have to wait until tomorrow (the usual UK store update) for it?

moriarty1975 18 October, 2011 @ 6:19 pm   19

@19

Start up GT5, then select downloadable content from the menu, install the DLC from there.

Sadly no PS+ discount :(.

@20

Cheers mate, I owe you a pint

supersmith2500 18 October, 2011 @ 6:22 pm   22

Looks awesome but it did disappoint me a bit since Midfield Raceway which appeared in GT4 and GT3 wasn’t there because my friend and I loved that track but looks great though. :\

Does anyone know if this stuff was already on the disc?

I’m only asking because my PS3 didn’t seem to download anything what-so -ever.

Quite curious.

@24
It was downloaded in the last update (Spec 2.0)

AaronSOLDIER 18 October, 2011 @ 6:35 pm   25

It was within the 2.0 update of course.

Dante_Zero 18 October, 2011 @ 6:41 pm   26

okay so what was the bumper free dlc we got with patch 2.0 i got a 2010 redbull car because Vettel won F1 championship that was about it. Also i though plus subs got a discount on the dlc or was last weeks post wrong?. got say am abit hesitant about getting the dlc now tbh.

Starting to notice alot of things that should be fixed and streamlined in the game these days.

@27
We got the Nissan N24 Schulze GTR and 11 Nascars for free

JaviviManchester 18 October, 2011 @ 7:01 pm   28

SPA is awesome, the only bad thing is that u can only use the paint item once, it doesn’t make sense if u think that u have paid for the paints… Should be patched to give u unlimited use in the paints items of the DLC pack once purchased.

Stonesthrow 18 October, 2011 @ 7:04 pm   29

Awyea finally get to race in Belgium :p I’m getting the full pack.

Skookie30 18 October, 2011 @ 7:19 pm   30

just a question was the download & install quick what was the size of the download & install?

if it was very quick it was a 6kb unlock key so the 2.0 patch added Paid DLC.

Please add some sort of difficulty setting / casual mode to this game!

So I can alse enjoy it.

I can’t get past amateur, and the licenses are undoable :(

NoobBlast 18 October, 2011 @ 7:27 pm   32

Sounds like this DLC isnt even worth the promised PSN+ price.

For the high bundle price, its one of the weaker DLC i ever seen.
The cars dont seem to be much to brag about, and one time use paint color?

To me it looks like you only get one thing worth anything at all which is only ONE new track.

I will wait for a 50% discount of the whole bundle.

PirateThom 18 October, 2011 @ 7:49 pm   33

11th October – “The ‘Complete Pack‘ bundle is priced at €11.99, but there is also a special PlayStation Plus Bundle Price for one month (from 18th October) of only €8.99.”

Unfortunately the playstation plus discount isn’t actually active… despite the announcement date

Cooooooooooooool;)

‘GT5′ makes ‘Forza 4′ look like a N64 game :D

And “PD” makes “GT5″(on some tracks and 100 percent of standard cars) look like a PS2 game…no joke!!! :P

Jefferson050 18 October, 2011 @ 8:29 pm   37

I wanted to buy the dlc but after reading this ill pass…

This is a notice regarding the Gran Turismo 5 DLC, for those who have multiple accounts on the PlayStation® Network.

The DLC released on October 18 is tied to the Account ID used to purchase the DLC. It is not possible to use the DLC with accounts other than the one that was used to make the actual purchase. Therefore please make sure to purchase the DLC with the account that is used to play Gran Turismo 5

Can anyone confirm if Spa has weather settings? Not really interesting in buying it if its sunny only!

MikaelK_70 18 October, 2011 @ 9:16 pm   39

As I bought the DLC right after release in EU, there was no warning/information available, that it would only be accessable by the account used to buy it…
In anticipation of getting the DLC available to my own main-accoiunt, my 2 kids account and then a secondary account of mine used for community-based race-leagues, the disappointment was huge when we discovered that we would have to lay down another 36€, in addition to the first 12€, to let all psn-accounts have access to the DLC.
This is just not going to happend..!

One disc… one PS3… One DLC..!!

As of now, we have been mislead by Sony/PD with inadequate information on limitation in the DLC-product.

Not until a couple of hours later, the information of the limited use for only one account was published..

jacko_gfreak 18 October, 2011 @ 9:16 pm   40

Will there ever be an update for v8 supercars and all tracks?

burnoutparadan 18 October, 2011 @ 9:49 pm   41

DLC is a bit of a con. Still great though, Bought it instantly lol.

manutreble 18 October, 2011 @ 9:53 pm   42

Next DLC Can PD bring some classic tracks from pass Gran turismo games .?

OnE-JoKeR_ 18 October, 2011 @ 10:04 pm   43

Any chance of a tribute to Dan Wheldon? Maybe just add in a helmet or two?

Plus I agree with #41, lets get some V8 Supercars and Bathurst in there.

I am currently unable to start any race at all on Gran Turismo 5, be it A spec, B spec, seasonal event or anything else. The console will always freeze a few seconds into the race start, and will not respond to any button presses. At that point it will not even turn off properly, with the green power light flashing for several seconds before the console finally emits two beeps and then gives up.

No other game is affected in this way, and the last things done before this change were the Indianapolis 500 Endurance race and the Historic Race Cup (both A spec). Has anybody else experienced this, and how can I go about reporting it? It means I now cannot play GT5, which is a terrible shame just as the DLC is coming out!

Opt1mus76 18 October, 2011 @ 10:45 pm   45

So they’ve released the dlc onto the store without also adding the PS+ discount option and then add insult to it by locking it to the purchasers account only. I bought one copy of the game which is played by myself, my girlfriend and my kids on separate accounts but for us all to have the dlc I’d have to fork out three times!!! That may have tipped the balance as far as me in avoiding this dlc :(

CoolRichy007UK 18 October, 2011 @ 11:38 pm   46

for ur info frodouk its now SCE sony computer entertainment because it use to be SCEE the old days of ps1 and ps2 but its now SCE cuz they make games for all countrys

shedboy90 19 October, 2011 @ 12:06 am   47

@one joker
gd idea about dan wheldon helmets
hopefully in next dlc or update
RIP dan wheldon

scottsymons1985 19 October, 2011 @ 3:39 am   48

@10

PD didn’t “LIE”
If you’d have read the news feed on GT News (On the Game) concerning the DLC packs, they tell you.

Remember that old saying – “Read the fine print”

The US haven’t got this till next week. Sucks to be in the US.

Dante_Zero 19 October, 2011 @ 7:16 am   50

um i can’t find the free nissan N24 or the 11 free Nascars in my garage. can someone point me in right direction as feeling pretty stupid that i can find them.

Load all