Posted 7:00pm

PS Vita Launch Line-up, New Exclusive Games And More Revealed

At the time of this blog post going live, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Studios Europe Michael Denny is closing his presentation to journalists at a PlayStation Vita event in London. We are pleased to share the news from that presentation with our PlayStation.Blog readers.

IMG_3498

PS Vita Launch Line-up

We can confirm that the following first party games will be available on 22 February 2012, when PlayStation Vita launches across PAL:

• Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • WipEout 2048
  • Reality Fighters
  • Little Deviants
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip
  • Everybody’s Golf
  • Escape Plan
  • Unit 13
  • Hustle Kings
  • MotorStorm RC
  • Top Darts

Additionally, the following games are in development:

Army Corps of Hell, Square Enix; Asphalt: Injection, Ubisoft; Disgaea 3 Return, NIS America; Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, Ubisoft; Dynasty Warriors Next, Tecmo Koei; EA Sports FIFA Football, EA; F1 2011, Codemasters; Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, WB Games; Lumines Electronic Symphony, Ubisoft; Michael Jackson: The Experience HD, Ubisoft; Ninja Gaiden (working title), Tecmo Koei; OddWorld: Strangers Wrath, OddWorld Inhabitants; Puddle, Neko Entertainment; Pure Chess, RebelPlay; Putty Squad Vita, System 3; Rayman Origins, Ubisoft; Ridge Racer, Bandai Namco; Shinobido 2, Bandai Namco; Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Konami; Stardrone Extreme, BeatShapers; Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz, SEGA; Supremacy MMA, 505 Games; Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Drinkbox Studios; The Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Alawar Entertainment; Touch My Katamari, Bandai Namco; Troopies, Bloober Team; Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom; Urban Trials, Tate Multimedia; Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition, SEGA; Orc Attack, Casual Brothers; Ben 10 Galactic Racing, Bandai Entertainment; Dragon’s Racing, Ignition Entertainment; Robot Rescue Revolution, Teyon; Mortal Kombat, WB Games; Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft; Bioshock, Take Two; Street Fighter X Tekken, Capcom; Call of Duty, Activision Blizzard.

Unit 13 Coming from Zipper Interactive

It was revealed that the developer of MAG and the SOCOM series is working on a third-person shooter called Unit 13, to be released around the launch window of PS Vita. You can find more a more detailed description of the game in this blog post.

Evolution Studios’ MotorStorm RC Revealed

MSRC_Screens_01

Yet another new title coming to PS Vita and PS3 and playable at today’s event, MotorStorm RC blends old-school remote control and contemporary racing gameplay. Cross Play lets PS Vita and PS3 players to compete. You can find out more in this announcement blog post from Evolution.

Social Essentials Shown

We learned that Flickr is joining Twitter, Facebook and FourSquare in Social Essentials, PS Vita’s gateway into the most popular social media channels, and they were available to test at the London event. We’ll be showing you exactly how to Like, Tweet, Tag and all the rest here on PlayStation.Blog soon.

Augmented Reality Markers

Augmented Reality is one of the directions open to PlayStation Vita developers and it was announced that six Augmented Reality markers will be available at launch, with three games available to download for free from PlayStation Store. To see how these are going to be used, we saw this AR technology video:

We hope this news gets you even more excited about PlayStation Vita and we can’t wait to hear what you think when you get your hands around it on 22 February 2012. In the meantime, we’re going to do our best to show you what it can do and hint at the possibilities for the future. If there’s anything you’d like to know, please do ask away in the comments.

IMG_3645

IMG_3632IMG_3624

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

82 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Has to be the best launch line up ever.

Titchy_Penguin 22 November, 2011 @ 7:25 pm   2

awesome but no LBP or resistance on launch????? and will Motorstorm RC feature cross-play with the PS3? also will Uncharted have Mp?

Jacks_Mannequin 22 November, 2011 @ 7:25 pm   3

I have a few questions.

A) Could you please confirm which titles are download only (apologies if this has already been stated) but i was under the impression..Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, Little Deviants and Hustle Kings were download only titles and won’t be available at retail?

B) Is the Vita Region Free? I’ll be purchasing most of the European launch games, but i might be in Japan around there launch and want 100% confirmation from you guys! Thankyou.

For real! This IS the best line up ever!

I’ve pre-ordered mine already, so I’m gonna pick up Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Super Stardust Delta and either ModNation or Motorstorm!

And Hell Yes! Call of Duty on Vita! #GetHype!!! :D

Super Excited for this console!

Sony, you’ve finally hit the nail on the head!
‘Grats!

Titchy_Penguin 22 November, 2011 @ 7:25 pm   5

ignore the motorstorm comment

Awesome line-up!!

Epic line-up!

Awesome launch line-up. I didn’t see Ruin (working title) as part of the games in development. Is it hidden there with it’s real name some where?

fireburn95 22 November, 2011 @ 7:29 pm   9

Whoa info overload

Its looking amazing and im defo getting one

1. Does vita have “R3 and L3″ buttons?
2. Is sfxt cross platform?
3. I need a new pair of pants 2 secs

Ravenblade86 22 November, 2011 @ 7:30 pm   10

That’s an absolutely fantastic looking launch lineup, and that’s only the first party titles! Can’t wait for the 22nd February now. I’m interested to see what Zipper do with Unit 13 as they have a great track record with the Socom games on PSP, and Motorstorm RC looks like fantastic fun, plus the fact that you buy one version and get the other three? That’s great to see.

Oh, and there is a subbuteo style AR game? :o That is so cool! :)

Benjamin81 22 November, 2011 @ 7:30 pm   11

That is a very strong launch line up. Will definitely pick up more games than i would like to. And i really want to know which titles are download only too.

Will there be any bundle’s available in the eu? I don’t want to pre order then a load of bundle’s get announced

Wraith_Bringer 22 November, 2011 @ 7:34 pm   13

I asked PlayStation Access about getting the wallet for UK pre-orders goodies or suggest Sony to retail it separately, any news on that?

Also what third party games will be available at launch and will we be seeing anything about the Killzone title coming from Sony Cambridge soon? :P

Titchy_Penguin 22 November, 2011 @ 7:35 pm   14

the wifi vita uncharted and modnation ormotorstorm or resistance(if its a launch title) and possibly escape plan

mitch_uk_psn 22 November, 2011 @ 7:35 pm   15

Will there be a comics app, been really missing Digital Comics since the service stopped on the PSP.

Stunning software lineup.

Where are KillZone and Resistance on the coming soon list?

Andrefpvs 22 November, 2011 @ 7:38 pm   18

Spectacular line-up, hope the RPGs get here fast (looking at you Persona 4 The Golden ;)

Any word about UMD Passport Service in Europe, and its supported on newest PSP E1000 (cheaper version without build in WIFI) ?

born2destroy 22 November, 2011 @ 8:07 pm   20

Was just wondering if all the augmented reallity requires the cards? Does reality fighters need it? I though they had made a break thorugh with out the cards

RemyX-1988 22 November, 2011 @ 8:09 pm   21

Dynasty Warriors NEXT isn’t a launch title?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :’(

jakster123x 22 November, 2011 @ 8:11 pm   22

Just read this on TSA.

First question: Do we get any AG markers with our PS Vita?

Second question: How much will the AG games be? I’m hoping quite a bit less than the full games

And that brings me onto my third question: How much will the games be in pounds? Both ‘big’ titles like Uncharted and AG titles. I’m hoping they’ll be a bit more reasonably priced than other games on the store atm…

I’m assuming you can’t answer the last 2 but I’d like to know your plans in regards to AG

i need this!

JigsawPieces 22 November, 2011 @ 8:20 pm   24

Will the Vita support multiple user accounts, similar to the way PS3 does?

QuietlyWrong 22 November, 2011 @ 8:30 pm   25

The games lists are very interesting, but the first-party titles that are not launch titles are completely absent from the blog post. Which is a shame…

residentSteve 22 November, 2011 @ 8:31 pm   26

Only uncharted for me but I might wait for a bit I would sooner have a white psv also it would be great if resident evil revelations came to psv.

poisondarter 22 November, 2011 @ 8:38 pm   27

I always wait a couple of months before picking up a console, but considering Gravity Rush is a launch title… don’t think I can hold back… wallet is disappoint…

hectorandjay 22 November, 2011 @ 8:46 pm   28

That launch line-up is too good to be true.I’ll be very happy on launch day, my wallet wont

Wow what an amazing launch and that’s just first-party titles!!!!

3# The last 4games on the list is downloadable only games all the others are both.
#Hustle Kings
#MotorStorm RC
#Top Darts
#Super StarDust Delta

And yes the psvita is Region Free.

IVIaster220 22 November, 2011 @ 8:56 pm   30

Where is Little Big Planet? It should be on one of those list..It is already available for preorder on amazon..

mangaJman 22 November, 2011 @ 8:58 pm   31

I love Sony but those AR games looked really bad

lRussellstrifel 22 November, 2011 @ 8:59 pm   32

1st day for me

Wow i actually want 4 game from that list at launch. Day 1!

Will there be support for Youtube? It would be awesome if you could install Andriod, like ‘OtherOS’ in PS3! (Used to lol)

anonymous3976 22 November, 2011 @ 9:22 pm   34

nice lineup!!! But I’ve always wondered… What are the sticks like on the vita, cause I was thinking what ‘skate’ would be like on it. lol

I´m sure I will play a lot of these games in a year or so on the PS3 or 4.

When will Uncharted Golden Abyss be available for ps3 in HD? :)

bravo9zero 22 November, 2011 @ 9:31 pm   37

Nice launch line-up!
Uncharted will most likely be my first Vita game I buy :D

And nice job on mentioning MotorStorm RC and Unit 13.
Didn’t even know those games existed!

Also will their be Vita demos available on the store on launch?
For all launch games?

bravo9zero 22 November, 2011 @ 9:40 pm   38

Though of course, I would’ve known about those games.
If I’d have scrolled down the blog and saw the articles detailing those games..

Doh!

A lot of cool games to buy day 1:P

Sundersnake 22 November, 2011 @ 9:46 pm   40

Assassins Creed :-) Looking forward to it!

C4N4D4_-Zz 22 November, 2011 @ 9:51 pm   41

That well good and helpful,thanks:)

divine1000 22 November, 2011 @ 9:52 pm   42

Not impressed with that launch line-up unfortunately. I’m only interested in Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, etc. I think I will probably cancel my pre-order & wait until there’s more titles.
Good to see fb, Twitter & Flickr on there, shame I already have ‘em on my 4S.

Alienshade 22 November, 2011 @ 9:52 pm   43

I am going to buy uncharted little d and gravity rush :)

manutreble 22 November, 2011 @ 9:57 pm   44

woo woo sony such a awesome line up for the psvita on my god sorry 3ds but you are history now looking 4word to see assassin creed & call of duty on the vita Sony u got my money again

PS_man1984 22 November, 2011 @ 10:34 pm   45

That is probably the best launch line-up of any console. Uncharted as a launch title guarantees a day-one purchase from me!

Wow. Take my money Sony, all of it. Having a Vita, 3DS, Wii, and PS3 all at the same time makes me a happy gamer. I get the best of Sony’s and Nintendo’s games.

I ave mine pre-ordered since it was announced ;)
I ave a Q
“when is cod gonna b released for the vita”

Stonesthrow 22 November, 2011 @ 10:57 pm   47

Excited to see Motorstorm as a launchgame as well. Getting Uncharted and Wipeout as well.. Can’t wait for this, haven’t been this excited for a portable since Gameboy and the first PSP.
I preordered the wi-fi version when it got announced and was thinking of switching to the 3G version to be on the safe side and get the full package, but I’m not into all that social networking, so I’d like to see some more details on 3G, what its purpose is etc (got a regular old phone too).. If it’s just for online gaming, I’m good with the wi-fi right? Can use that extra 50 euros on a game :p

CoolRichy008UK 22 November, 2011 @ 11:24 pm   48

WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT WHEN IS WORMS MAYHEM COMING OUT

Hi Adam Grant. Great line up definitely getting Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, but what about Resistance Burning Skies?

Any news about a European release of Persona 4 The Golden?

Load all