Just a quick reminder that the Starhawk beta kicks off tomorrow for PS+ subscribers!
Soooo…it’s time to get online, join the fun and get busy playing!!! If you were in the Private Beta you know what to expect, plus some key things listed below. For those of you new to Starhawk and the Public Beta, “Welcome!” You’ll get to try out a truly unique (and damn fun) multiplayer experience. Here’s a quick primer video to get your feet wet…
Here are some helpful pieces of info for you:
Who gets in and when?
As we move forward we’ll invite more and more players into the mix.
- January 18: All PlayStation Plus subscribers and all Private Beta participants (who haven’t erased their original Beta files)
- February 1st: UNCHARTED 3 guys, you will receive an email on how to access the beta. In order to get this email you’ll have had to redeemed your Online Network Pass found inside the boxed copy and made sure you’ve opted into receiving marketing emails.
- February 22: Everyone with a PlayStation Network account…in other words, everyone who wants in, gets in!
What is a Beta?
For all you newcomers, a Beta is a real world “in the wild” test of the core game systems and gameplay. It is NOT a demo. Most of the final game features are not included. You can, however, expect to have loads of fun.
What’s in the Public Beta?
Everything mentioned in the video with a ton of fixes, updates, etc. At the start we’re adding the following content on top of Private Beta content…
Classic Arcade Flight-Mode: Private Beta players asked for it and we’re happy to include the classic arcade flight from Warhawk.
Host Migration: When the host leaves the game, the hosting duties transfer to another player and gameplay will continue, provided the option is checked.
Language Support: European and Japanese languages are included. Korea, China, Latin America and Brazil will be in English…but these will include the appropriate languages for the full game.
Skills: Players will be able to collect unique Skills to use in gameplay based on their performance.
Playstation Network Friend Integration: Friends status, messages, and friend requests.
Bug Fixes: Lots and lots of bugs have been addressed.
You can expect continued updates throughout the Public Beta so stay tuned for more information. (“Yes,” Private Beta players, we know you want more, more, more. Remember, this is a test and we need to continue to take prudent, methodical steps. We appreciate your understanding.)
Where do you report feedback?
You can visit www.StarhawkTheGame.com and have discussions or head to the official forums:
- EN – http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk/bd-p/608
- FR – http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk/bd-p/bFR_Starhawk
- IT – http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk/bd-p/642
- DE – http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk/bd-p/693
- ES – http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk/bd-p/602
What about other Beta details?
Check out our blog post from last week for additional info.