Posted 24 January

Mecho Wars Soars Onto PSN Tomorrow

Happy belated New Year to all our friends and fans on PlayStation Network! This is Tatyana from Creat Studios here but I speak for the whole team when I say that we are incredibly excited to announce our latest game, the minis title Mecho Wars, is coming to the PlayStation Store for €4.99 on January 25th as well as to PlayStation Plus on February 1st at a discounted price. Based on the characters, world, and distinctive visual style crafted by Luc Bernard, Mecho Wars is a turn-based strategy game where you command your troops to expand into enemy territory, control and collect resources, and conquer your enemy’s structures.

MechoWars_SS_1MechoWars_SS_2

Jump into an exciting war between the Winged Crusade and the Landians! The story of Mecho Wars details the rise of the Winged Crusade in the distant land of Divination Deserts. This is not your typical desert, however, as there is plenty of water that separates land masses. To sustain your army capture factories to expand your maximum army support, take-over cities to earn gold from the rich economic hubs, and defeat the enemy by capturing their HQ building while simultaneously defending your own. Don’t forget strategic unit composition and troop positioning as each unit type has its own strengths and weaknesses. The game even features a day/night cycle where the water that normally restricts your movement paths during the day freezes at night, allowing for unexpected skirmishes and ambushes. In addition to the rich, story-driven campaign, the Mecho Wars minis title features a new and extended soundtrack, a special set of individual challenge maps, and remarkable local multiplayer support on a single device for both the PS3 and PSP!

MechoWars_SS_3MechoWars_SS_4

Mecho Wars achieves the perfect balance between the intense competitive strategy of army composition and troop placement and the invitingly casual and leisurely gaming experience lent by its turn-based combat system. The beauty of Mecho Wars is you can spend hours on end formulating the perfect strategy, unit composition, and battle placement tactics to best defeat your foe, or you can take your time and casually complete a turn every once in a while as you eat lunch or watch the news.

Everyone here at Creat absolutely loves playing Mecho Wars and we believe that, if given a chance, it can become one of your favorites as well. Thank you for the continued support you all have given us and we will continue to work our hardest to deliver awesome and ridiculously fun games to you guys. We always value fan feedback so leave us a comment below or get in contact with us on Facebook or through Twitter for all of our latest news and announcements.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

19 Comments 17 Author replies
Show oldest first

Tridentmorph 24 January, 2012 @ 11:19 am   1

Pretty expensive for a mini, hope the plus discount is decent.

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:27 pm

We can see how it could be viewed as a little pricey, but our mini is one of the few that offers local multiplayer so we hope you’ll decide to give it a shot :]

Screenshots remind me “Advance Wars” on Gameboy/NDS. Hope that gameplay is at least comparable.

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:30 pm

If you’re a fan of Advance Wars then we’ll bet you’re gonna love Mecho Wars :D

Is this a mini? Meaning no trophies?

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:34 pm

Unfortunately that does mean no trophies. But, one of the things we love about Mecho Wars is that it can easily lend itself to different gaming experiences whether you want intense competitive and strategic action or just a casual experience where you play a turn every once in a while.

Like a Advance Wars, but interesting stylistics.

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

Thanks for your comment! We think the world, characters, and vibrant visual style of Mecho Wars, created by Luc Bernard, is definitely one of the games strong points.

Solid_Snake1987 24 January, 2012 @ 12:14 pm   5

Obviously big “fans” of Advance Wars then. It’s no bad thing. I did love the series back on the GBA. Might give this a look at some point.

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:41 pm

All we can ask is that you give the game a chance. If you do decide to check the game out please let us know what you think of the game! :]

Mightyowl28 24 January, 2012 @ 12:31 pm   6

looks good, but I wont be buying any more minis until sony sort out the mess they’ve made with the minis pick and mix bundle, sorry creat!

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:42 pm

Aww well we’re sorry to hear that. Please keep us in mind though when you do decide to buy minis again!

if it’s just as good as where is my heart then it’s worth the 5 euro.

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

The biggest difference would be that Mecho Wars is turn-based, but both games definitely incorporate strategy as one of the core fun aspects of gameplay.

dee4life4444 24 January, 2012 @ 1:06 pm   8

I’m sure that I read a while back that PS+ users were getting this for free????

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

Hmmm, not sure were you might have heard that, but Mecho Wars will hit the EU PlayStation plus at a healthy discount!

ImperatorA3 24 January, 2012 @ 1:19 pm   9

With the discount I will buy it.

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 3:59 pm

Awesome to hear! Thanks so much for your support. Don’t forget to give a rating if you really like the game :D

looks like a good game, i’ll wait and see what the plus discount is worth, but i can see me buying buying it.

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 4:05 pm

Thanks for your support! If you pick up the game be sure to let us know what you think about it :]

Carnivius_Prime 24 January, 2012 @ 4:22 pm   11

Not my kind of game but glad to see it finally appear. I may buy it anyways just to support it as I know one of the guys who did graphics from certain pixel art forums :)

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

If you decide to give the game a shot we think there’s a great chance you’ll come to love it :D but thank you for your support!

US Plus users received this item free. Why do EU plus users have to pay for it?

Tatyana Gorelikova 24 January, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

We totally understand where you’re coming from, but one benefit for EU users is you can keep Mecho Wars whereas US Plus users will need to maintain their Plus subscription to keep using their free products.

nfskingrlinworld 24 January, 2012 @ 8:38 pm   13

okay the game

Carnivius_Prime 24 January, 2012 @ 10:13 pm   14

I doubt it. I had Advance Wars on GBA (came with the console) and I hated it. I can’t stand turn based strategy games. But like I said I’ll probably buy this anyways. Would like to see more proper pixel art in Minis. Too many of them look cheaply made and like bad Flash games. Even the lovely Amiga pixels of Speedball 2 seemed to get replaced by choppy looking crud in the Minis version.

Tatyana Gorelikova 25 January, 2012 @ 9:48 am

We hope you’re gonna love Mecho Wars! Please don’t forget to let us know what you think about it:)

Always liked the look of this game (huge Advance Wars fan) but couldn’t really play it with touch controls.

Will definitely be picking this one up.

If this does well could we see an advanced port or sequel released on PSN with online MP and trophies?

I believe Alien zombie megadeath started out as a mini then made its way n to PSN as a full title.

Tatyana Gorelikova 25 January, 2012 @ 3:39 pm

Thanks for your support, we’re sure you’ll find it really enjoyable. And we are definitely open to doing more with the Mecho Wars world whether that be additional platform support or future games.

Carnivius_Prime 25 January, 2012 @ 5:10 pm   16

Oh I thought it was going to be discount on Plus today. Didn’t read that bit that said 1st Feb. Bit strange but ok I’ll wait til then if you don’t mind :D

Carnivius_Prime 25 January, 2012 @ 6:46 pm   17

aw hey never mind I just noticed it’s on the Plus section for £2.39 now. :)

Tatyana Gorelikova 26 January, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

Yes, you are right! Mecho Wars is availible on the PS+ form today. The date was changed in the last moment. Enjoy!

Bought it, its great. finished one campaign already.

BTW the trailer for the game on the store seems messed up (at least for me) its just a black screen with sound but no image comes on at all.

Tatyana Gorelikova 26 January, 2012 @ 2:38 pm

Thanks! We will take into our account your comments regarding the video.

Carnivius_Prime 26 January, 2012 @ 6:23 pm   19

I played it last night for about half an hour on my PS3. I did sorta get into it despite it not being my type of game. I even started swearing at the enemy attacks on my troops which is usually a sign that I’ve gotten quite involved in the gameplay and don’t like seeing my guys get killed. :P