Posted 11:00am

PlayStation Store Spring Sale

Banner---E2_632x263-Spring-Savings_EN

Spring is finally here, YAY!!! Now I could ramble on about how great this time of year is but really, who cares? And why would you come to PlayStation.Blog to read about it? What you will care about though is our Spring Savings Sale which starts on 28th March for 2 weeks until the 11th April.

We have loads of content for you, including some fantastic offers from the likes of THQ, Activision and UbiSoft with additional Plus discounts on some of the content. See below for some examples of what is on offer:

Titles

£11.99

Just Dance 3

€ 39.99

£31.99

€ 29.99

£23.99

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
Special Editions

€ 9.99

£7.99

€ 5.99

£4.79

There will also be a small content refresh half way through the sale, so don’t forget to come back on the 4th April to check out the new arrivals, especially if you like the Wild West..So come to the store to check out what else in on offer.Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

62 Comments 13 Author replies
Show oldest first

Thanks for this great news Andy, do you know if we will have sales on DLC too? Thank you.

turbogeek421 27 March, 2012 @ 11:08 am   2

Dante’s Inferno for £7.99 (+ additional discount for Playstation Plus subs.) sounds good to me! Not played yet, but heard good things!

Andy Stewart 28 March, 2012 @ 9:17 am

Its a great game, if you like your action adventure games, think of God of War but without Kratos.

ALhammadi51 27 March, 2012 @ 11:09 am   3

Nice

So what’s the Plus discount then?

ATIPdante 27 March, 2012 @ 11:14 am   5

i like this and might pick up dragon age 2 but really some of these games should be this price anyway! i think the ps store needs to be updated (price wise ) a lot more like a shop on the highstreet. just one thing that i have noticed, Little big planet 1 is for some reason more expensive than the seccond one! that cant be right can it! i am all for moving onto digital games but the pricing needs to be right and updated as time goes on. thanks for the sales though getting there slowly :P

Skookie30 27 March, 2012 @ 11:19 am   6

Thanks andy there are some great hard hitters in this sale, & more to come. :)

Faustofausto 27 March, 2012 @ 11:32 am   7

Great offers, I will buy some stuff, Dante, Mini Ninjas, etc…
@Andy: US Blog reveal the april Plus offers, EU Blog will publish something about it? Thanks!

Andy Stewart 28 March, 2012 @ 9:22 am

Sadly I do not deal with the PLUS blog or PLUS content. However we should see a PLUS blog post this week but I am not exactly sure when.

VictorAnalogy 27 March, 2012 @ 11:36 am   8

Darksiders at £6.49 is a definite purchase. Would love to know which of the offers benefit from an additional Plus discount.

Falcon1991 27 March, 2012 @ 11:38 am   9

Some good deals, but I laughed at Black Ops for £31.99.

Bargain.

Jammy2211 27 March, 2012 @ 11:49 am   10

Pretty weak imo but will see what else is on sale as this is only ‘examples’. Plus discounts might make some stuff more reasonably priced too.

link1983 27 March, 2012 @ 12:08 pm   11

Hi Andy, Is there any chance of Infamous 2 being reduced to a platnum-esque price? Say Around £20. I bought the Hero edition last year (I still use the bag :D) but after finishing the game completely I traded it in. 9 months later. . . I now live in regret. I have both Infamous and Infamous: Blood Festival on my PS3 HDD and I would love to buy the digital version of 2 to complete the set and relive those stunning endings :D

I agree with others, overall those aren’t the best offers ever yet. Darksiders is a sure bet for anyone who hasn’t played it yet, everything else … well, we’ll see.

DAVIE222 27 March, 2012 @ 12:22 pm   13

Call of Duty: Black Ops is way overpriced, over £50 for a game that is over a year and a half old?? MW3 is cheaper then that! even with it now bieng just over £30 its still overpriced because i can get it at a game shop for about £10-£20!!!!!!

wanderingscotty 27 March, 2012 @ 12:33 pm   14

Lovley Jubbly.

Any chance you could start providing the file size for full price games?

My immediate thought is saying dante and darksiders are fantastic value but not knowing how long they will take to download and how much space they will take up on my HD make me less likely to buy.

Damn, did you guys see the PlayStation Plus April Content: Free Shank 2 and Shift 2 Unleashed!

I hope we get the same!

@14: I don’t think we’ll get that.

They promised that we’d get the February US content in March here.
But it’s the 27th now and we didn’t get a thing (from February).

Splutterbug 27 March, 2012 @ 12:51 pm   17

Darksiders is a cracking game, if you don’t have it already do yourself a favour and pick it up.

Possibly a stupid question, but I’m going to ask anyway, just in case.

playahater94 27 March, 2012 @ 12:55 pm   19

I literally have no interest in any of these games.

And is that a hint of a Red Dead Redemption sale I spy?

@15 We already have that. It was the same for EU in February.

Foolishbean69 27 March, 2012 @ 12:56 pm   22

So, I want to get into the gaming industry, am i diehard Sony fanboy and have been since a young age… And you guys seem to need someone to research the prices of physical copies of the PSN games and to update your prices accordingly to keep them competitive.

Eh eh, see what i’m saying here? eh? I’m pretty cheap too.

I currently work in Marketing and setting prices is kinda my thing here. I just wish i could do it for a company I’m passionate about!!!

Sorry for double post.

@15 Again, yes we did. I have Far Cry 2, Simpsons and Final Fantasy V from this month’s Plus.

AdrianJMartin 27 March, 2012 @ 1:33 pm   24

Some of these ‘deals’ are way more expensive than Amazon…

Bjarno86 27 March, 2012 @ 1:35 pm   25

@22 No, Yeroon #15 is right. The US got 15 (!) free games in February including these:

Battle Fantasia – 2/14
Fatal Inertia – 2/14
Hamsterball – 2/14
Inferno Pool – 2/7
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 2/14
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars – 2/14

Ross confirmed that they had some problems getting all these to us in the EU, but promised in the announcement of the content for March that we would get them as midmonth treats. It’s now the 27th and still nothing…

Let’s hope we get the same April content, as I’d really like to get Shank 2 and Shift 2 for free.

aimeraya 27 March, 2012 @ 1:38 pm   26

I’ll focus on Ninja Gaiden 3 but if there’ll be something really interesting, i think i’ll buy it!

@aimeraya
Didn’t you read any reviews regarding Ninja Gaiden 3?

Alestes 27 March, 2012 @ 2:37 pm   28

Hmm, maybe time to give Moon Diver a try then :)

Sony always say the publsihers decide the prices, so we can clearly see that Activision are among the most greedy ones. Can’t imagine they actually think people will buy at that price.

Otherwise I can recommend Darksiders, especially at that price. I platinumed it awhile ago and I can’t wait for the sequel.

Dante’s Inferno is good, but no match for GoW, it’s a bit easy and doesn’t take long to platinum either…

Leewom69 27 March, 2012 @ 3:04 pm   31

May have to pick up darksiders for a ps3 playthrough if its a fiver with Plus discount. Just wish it wasplayable on the vita…

Really would like there to be a plus perk for vita owners…..

dillusion 27 March, 2012 @ 3:36 pm   32

I want my PS minis from PLUS and PS1 games to work on my Vita!!!!!!!!!!

Leewom69 27 March, 2012 @ 3:47 pm   33

I want it all to work on the vita….

The only thing I think sony have overlooked is the HD remakes, they could have been playable on both formats…. I would love to play shadow of the collusus and Prince of persia on the go. And would have definitely bought the Ico/Shadow pack in the deal if I could play it portable. Got a copy of pronce of persia trilogy waiting to be opened but would love an update to make them usable on vita, wont happen but would add extra value to the HD remakes.

KaiserSoza13 27 March, 2012 @ 3:58 pm   34

Any PSP games in this sale?

Andy Stewart 28 March, 2012 @ 9:57 am

Yes, these are:

Tactics Ogre™: Let Us Cling Together™
    Williams Pinball Classics
    Gottlieb Pinball Classics
    Super Fruitfall
    Impossible Mission
    Crystal Defenders

vonhammer 27 March, 2012 @ 4:09 pm   35

Seems Sony’s fixed the issue with adding funds on my account (finally getting journey :( ) darksiders looks tempting at that price.
I hope Sony shares the sales data with some of the other pubs.hopefully that data shows big jumps in sales fo the cheaper games.Putting games up for 50 on a digital service is mental,and has no future.

WELSHDRAGON_74 27 March, 2012 @ 6:23 pm   36

black ops AMAZON.COM 19.99 why would someone pay 31.99 in the psn sale then buy it cheaper else were is mind-boggling…. if the future of gaming is digital download at extortionate prices then gamin for us consumers looks pretty bleak…. nearly 2YRS old and in digital download format selling at NEARLY R.R,P when launched is a rip-off to us the consumers now i know why we called rip-off britain….come on sony/developers drop prices to below what we pay for games on disc for digital download format

spatsnaz 27 March, 2012 @ 7:36 pm   37

I like how ‘GAME’ in CODBLOPS is written in caps, implying that it’s more of a game than any of the other games on sale.

silmorat1 27 March, 2012 @ 7:37 pm   38

@34 Welshdragon_74

you couldn’t of said it any better mate

robbenslb 27 March, 2012 @ 8:40 pm   39

Most of those are overpriced even with sales.

Catkiller1 27 March, 2012 @ 8:45 pm   40

Don’t forget there will be more on offer as it was stated that these are some examples of what’s on offer! I hope to see PixelJunk Shooter 2, Dragons Lair 2, Elevator Action Deluxe & Galaga DX to name a few ;)

NoobBlast 27 March, 2012 @ 9:32 pm   41

Nice with a sale, and i hope Matt Hazard is on sale this time. It looks like its skipped everytime, and is soon the only one at full price.
I have used loads of money on PSN at full price, but i dont wanna pay full price for Matt Hazard.

JadoreSox 27 March, 2012 @ 10:41 pm   42

Honest the worst ‘sale’ I have ever seen. The majority are awful games that are massively overpriced as it is. Give us what the US store gets. Also give us popular PSP titles at non ridiculous prices so we can use our content barren Vita’s.

ShadowGandalf 28 March, 2012 @ 12:44 am   43

Hmm, nothing there to interest me…. except maybe Mini Ninjas…. MAYBE. The rest is either stuff I have or stuff I have NO interest in whatsoever.

creed47 28 March, 2012 @ 8:18 am   44

kan kjøpe alle disse billigere på cdon.com. skuffet, downloads skulle vœrt billigere

Splutterbug 28 March, 2012 @ 9:47 am   45

@18 “Possibly a stupid question, but I’m going to ask anyway, just in case.
I rented Darksiders on Bluray when it first came out but never completed it. I’ve still got the same save game on my PS3 though. If I download it now, will the save game work with the downloadable version?”

I assume so, when Little Big Planet was given away as a free download last year all my save game data and downloadable content worked fine with it.

Not related to this particular sale, but I have a question which I’m still seeking an answer to. I can summarize it to this: will Rez HD finally see a PSN release?

Yes, it’s my favourite game, but I also can’t think of a better title supporting Move (and stereoscopic 3D for those who like that sort of thing). I have even emailed Tetsuya Mizuguchi and pleaded for some sort of response, but with no luck. Heck, there’s even a petition for a PSN release! http://www.petitiononline.com/rezhdps3/petition.html

Thing is, Rez HD was first announced for both PSN & XBLA, followed by reports of Q investigating a possible PSN release. My guess is that at some point both work & effort was put towards this. Now Sega is revamping Shenmue HD & Jet Set Radio HD, and it would be a great shame if Rez HD wasn’t in there as well.

Splutterbug 28 March, 2012 @ 11:41 am   47

YES!!! REZ HD!

STORMxPYTHON 28 March, 2012 @ 11:55 am   48

Well its now the 28th and STILL NO sign of the plus content the US store had last month that ROSS said the EU store would have as a mid month bonus.
Seriously we’re paying for this service. Why Bull S##t us? It’s simply not on.
Either give us the content promised or in future don’t mention that we’ll get it mid month.

This list sounds good. I’ve been wondering for a while now: will Syndicate ever be available through PSN Store? My wife and I would love to play it together (have to consoles), mut wouldn’t want to play double price for it. Games from PSN Store are installable on two consoles at the same time, arent’ they? :)

And with ‘to consoles’, I meant ‘two consoles’, ofcourse.

Load all