Posted 2:56pm

Resistance: Burning Skies Trophy List And PS Vita Features Trailer Revealed!

Shooter fans everywhere are starting to get excited, since we’re now less than a month away from the May 30th release of Resistance: Burning Skies. Two weeks ago, we introduced the world to Burning Skies’ competitive multiplayer experience, and so far, we’ve been thrilled with how much fans and media have enjoyed playing it! I know many of you are chomping at the bit to get out there and start taking the war against the Chimera online, so you’ll be happy to hear that last week, Resistance: Burning Skies went gold. To celebrate, we’d like to show you our new Features Trailer!

Resistance: Burning Skies brings a lot of “firsts” to the PS Vita – first-ever dual-analog FPS control on a portable device, the first competitive multiplayer shooter experience on the PS Vita, and the first support for Party voice chat. The real question though, is who is going to be the first to platinum Resistance: Burning Skies? In order to help you along, we thought it would be nice to share the game’s trophy list with you:

Trophy Name Rank Description
Platinum Platinum Earn all trophies

Staten Island Bronze Successfully complete level 1

Hidden Trophy Gold
Upgrade Bronze Upgrade a weapon in Single Player Campaign

Combine Silver Upgrade both slots in Single Player Campaign

Customize Gold Upgrade all weapons in Single Player Campaign

Indiscriminate Bronze Kill an enemy with every weapon in the Single Player Campaign

Variety Bronze Use the Secondary Fire of each weapon in the Single Player Campaign

Dangerous Bronze Kill 250 Chimera in the Single Player Campaign

Deadly Silver Kill 500 Chimera in the Single Player Campaign

Lethal Gold Kill 1000 Chimera in the Single Player Campaign

Axed Silver Kill 50 Chimera with Riley’s Axe in the Single Player Campaign

Overheat Silver Kill 50 Chimera by detonating their heat stacks in the Single Player Campaign

Boom Silver Kill 100 Chimera with headshots in the Single Player Campaign

Impaled Silver Kill an Impaler

Executed Silver Kill an Executioner

Giant Gold Kill any combination of 18 Impalers or Executioners

Hidden Trophy Gold
Hidden Trophy Gold
Incite Gold Complete one round of Multiplayer

There are also 5 more trophies we didn’t mention to avoid any spoilers, but that list should get you started. Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks, because there’s much more to come before May 30th. Also, if you missed our last post, we’re offering some nice goodies when you pre-order, so be sure to pre-order your copy of Resistance: Burning Skies today!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first

Allen_46 10 May, 2012 @ 3:28 pm   1

PS Store price please

Andy Stewart 10 May, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

When released this game will be €44.99 / £39.99 / AUS $62.95

Really looking forward to this. One question though. None of the Norwegian internet sites says anything about pre-order goodies. Will we still get it or is it only participating stores?

And do we get those pre-order goodies if we download the game from the PS Store?

Phil Lynch 10 May, 2012 @ 3:33 pm   3

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note. This is the UK version of the trailer, hence the
“In stores on 1.6.12″

It will still be the 30.5.12 for the rest of Europe

a gold trophy for playing a game of multiplayer? cool!

kj11096 10 May, 2012 @ 4:03 pm   5

is this just for ps vita or ps3

I have read that the annoying controll isssues have yet to be fixed from the preview code and are in the final code. Will this be fixed with a day 1 patch?

D-Star_1 10 May, 2012 @ 4:23 pm   7

I will be pre-ordering this tomorrow when I’m in Gamestop. I always enjoyed the Resistance games. But this game looks amazing.

Can’t wait for it. Bring it on already!!! :D

doomsday619 10 May, 2012 @ 4:26 pm   8

Excellent time to dust off my Vita roll on next month.

DarkRedError 10 May, 2012 @ 4:45 pm   9

This has reminded me to put down a pre-order!
The trophy list is looking pretty sweet and though there doesn’t seem to be too many, the nice amount of golds and a platinum is sure to please any trophy hunters out there.
Great job guys! :)

Phil Lynch 10 May, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

As a card carrying trophy hunter, I also approve!

Glad you’re pleased DarkRedError

Nice! i m excited adout this game this is the third best shooter game after uncharted and unit 13 :) I can’t w8 to try the first fps multiplayer mode in portable history :)

Phil Lynch 10 May, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

Hi ABTR,

I couldn’t have put it better myself!

Full dual analog control + Portable + Multiplayer = WIN

Acheron1 10 May, 2012 @ 4:52 pm   11

I already got my hands on a preview copy which allowed me to play the first three levels. I wish I could have played more. If you like the Resistance series you have to get this one too ^^

Phil Lynch 10 May, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

That was nicely put Acheron.

Glad you enjoyed the preview code.

ZabloMisiek 10 May, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   12

Everything looks tempting but a bit worried with refresh rate, hz.. Sorry

almighty-slayer 10 May, 2012 @ 5:59 pm   13

£40 on PSN? Was going to download it. Guess i’ll buy it from a shop for £30.

GreenMekon 10 May, 2012 @ 6:22 pm   14

This is looking awesome, day one for me.

wardragon989 10 May, 2012 @ 6:41 pm   15

Excellent trophy list and features. Its nice to see a small manageable list of trophies and also a platinum which is very important to us trophy hunters :P

Also I think you ruined my chances to win a copy of this game (I entered a similar question in the PlayStation competition)

I don’t mind if I don’t get a copy I would buy this game anyway :)

gspro15198 10 May, 2012 @ 6:50 pm   16

are the controls configurable? i.e. can the touch screen input be switched off as I don’t like covering the screen while I’m playing cause I get sweaty hands while playing and leave marks.

Bealinator 10 May, 2012 @ 6:51 pm   17

Looking better and better! May this sell fifty billion copies on the first day alone. I preordered this game off Amazon… I’m curious to know if I’ll actually get any progress on Uncharted done (yes, haven’t got it yet thanks to the now finished exams!) before this game arrives through the letter box.

Here’s hoping Nihilistic do more Resistance games, they certainly know what they are doing!

mwtkmjJL 10 May, 2012 @ 7:42 pm   18

cool game i have a cuestion how many missions have the game sorry for my bad inglish

uncleniccius 10 May, 2012 @ 7:52 pm   19

Demo? I will pick this up at some point, as I’m going on holiday, so need this and Gravity Rush for the plane! Glad to see you guys supporting Vita! :)

FullAutoNoob 11 May, 2012 @ 12:33 am   20

not enough trophies :( never have too many trophies!

Stonesthrow 11 May, 2012 @ 10:49 am   21

Musthave, although I personally would’ve prefered co op instead of multi.

Allen_46 11 May, 2012 @ 12:15 pm   22

I have money in my PS wallet but at £39.99 it’s to much when i can get it in shops for £29.99. so again am being forced to buy from shops when i really want to download these games

What will the download size be from the store?

SkullbreakerNL 11 May, 2012 @ 1:02 pm   24

This is what the vita needs a good fps :) I loved resistance 3 didnt play 1 and 2 :(

enslavetheweak 12 May, 2012 @ 9:03 am   25

nice trophy list. lots of gold trophys!!!

bakre02 12 May, 2012 @ 6:58 pm   26

ah crap I hate hidden trophies