Posted 30 May

Ratchet & Clank Return This Autumn In Ratchet & Clank: QForce!

Hey folks,

At Insomniac, we are proud to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, which is coming up later this year. We know that the HD remaster of our classic PS2 Ratchet & Clank games is something our community has been requesting for a long time and we’re looking forward to bringing this to fans this summer with The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy.

We’ve also heard a lot of community requests to develop a new Ratchet & Clank game, one that returns to the classic third-person Ratchet & Clank camera. We listened to your requests and this Autumn Insomniac will release our own new Ratchet & Clank game as part of our 10th Anniversary Celebration.

I’d like to officially announce that Ratchet & Clank: QForce will be coming soon to a PlayStation 3 near you.

Ratchet & Clank: QForce is a fun-sized Ratchet adventure that will be available to download from PlayStation Store or purchase on Blu-Ray disc across Europe. We’ve returned to the series’ classic feel, camera, controls and weapons. Even better, the addition of online features means there’s a whole new way to play Ratchet & Clank with your friends! We’re really excited about this game and we hope even these small tidbits about it get you excited too.

We’ve been hard at work on Ratchet & Clank: QForce and today we can unveil the European packshot which should give you a taste of what to expect when the game launches later this year. In the meantime, we hope you pick up The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy and will have more details on its release date very soon.

Ratchet & Clank Return This Autumn in Ratchet & Clank: QForce! - PEGI

Ted

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

51 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Silent_Gig 30 May, 2012 @ 5:07 pm   1

Wow, now this really is a suprise.
Insomniac you sly dogs you!
Cant wait to see a trailer.

Carnivius_Prime 30 May, 2012 @ 5:07 pm   2

Nice. I always enjoy R&C games and looking forward to the HD trilogy and now this. :)

GulfWarVet 30 May, 2012 @ 5:12 pm   3

You’ve just made my XMAS list 1 item longer.

Always love me some R&C goodness can’t wait.

extermin8or_ 30 May, 2012 @ 5:12 pm   4

YAY! And here I thought that after announcing you were no longer making Resistance Games and the release of All for One you’d abandoned PS3 exclusivity glad to see I was wrong :D so can we expect to see something more at E3? Hope you guys make a ps vita game someday (if you feel like revisiting resistance make it for vita I hear Nihilistic have killed it somewhat with Burning Skies I hope it’s not true as resistance 3 was a brilliant game and deserved to sell better than it did :()

thijner14 30 May, 2012 @ 5:13 pm   5

is europe getting a pre-order bonus for the collection just as america????

youdontknow123 30 May, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   6

Woo! Thank you Insomniac! Wonderful surprise! Can’t wait to see a trailer! Personally I like the “Q-Force” name better than US’s “Full Frontal Assault”, just has more R&C charm and humour to it.

sporeboy100 30 May, 2012 @ 5:20 pm   7

have both games for VITA aswell and you just single-companyly added 2 games to my VITA list

Sweet! This sure is a Ratchet & Clank year.

CoolDust 30 May, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   9

A not so good day just got tons better! :D
Cant wait for this!

Quite surprised they didn’t keep the announcement until E3, makes me wonder what Sony has planned since quite alot has been revealed already!

TheNarrator 30 May, 2012 @ 5:25 pm   10

woo, another R&C game! looks like itll be a blast, the case looks cool too 8).

if only the actual release date of The R&C HD Trilogy was ‘very soon’ instead :D

darylsdn 30 May, 2012 @ 5:30 pm   11

Yay! Will be my first Ratchet & Clank game then :)
But… what’s with the title? QForce sounds terribly generic, while Full Frontal Assault continues the funny innuendos :O

tmsmyth 30 May, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   12

When you say the game is ‘fun-sized’ that sounds like it could mean ‘short, streamlined and lacking content’. Hopefully im wrong, im just pessmistic after all4one and we allready have an HD collection on the way, but hopefully this turns out to be a worthy ratchet and clank game rather than another cash in

RobertMorridin 30 May, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   13

Really hoping for a good old R&C game :)
Passed on the Co-op game (apologies if I misinterpreted that game) but if it’s the good ol’ platforming&shooting of before I’m sold!

TED WE LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!
What a big surprise and E3 don’t even start yet :D
Ted also i wait to see some gameplay for Overstrike

Jordyce 30 May, 2012 @ 5:36 pm   15

Very disappointed in the name “QForce”, “Full Frontal Assault” sounded much better. Have always disliked how R&C games always get their names changed for the European market.

That being said, I’ll definitely pick this up on Bluray, I haven’t missed an R&C game yet…

MGS4_80GB 30 May, 2012 @ 5:38 pm   16

Why can’t us North Americans also get a physical Blu-ray copy?

Osahi_be 30 May, 2012 @ 5:54 pm   17

Yey! But is this a budget priced, short adventure like Quest for Booty was, or a full blown title that’s also available for download.

Either way, I’m buying, so don’t worry :P

abdirizak007 30 May, 2012 @ 5:54 pm   18

hello people of Insomniac Games. I am so glad to see that you have made ​​a new Ratchet and Clank game. when I heard it from my friends believed I am not on them. but when I came home took my laptop and went on psn EU, I found it. I was so happy. because I love Insomniac Games when I was about 7years old. I saw that my cousin played Ratchet and Clank 1 he was old age of 13 I learned it from him. and now I am 16 years old and I play it still. it’s really good you have made ​​a new Ratchet and Clank adventure.

from your fan :D answer me plzz

RemyX-1988 30 May, 2012 @ 6:03 pm   19

This is awesome! Glad we’re getting a disc-release, too!

But Ted, I was just reading about the same game on the US blog (different title… why?) and you also hinted at the exclusive surprise for North American buyers of the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection.

From what I could gather there (your slight hint), the US version of The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy will include an HD version of Ratchet: Deadlocked/Gladiator or a digital download for the PS2 original. While this is cool, please don’t let give the US people something and the EU people nothing… that’s unfair!

Quinlank 30 May, 2012 @ 6:19 pm   20

Wow, didn’t think we’d be seeing a new R&C game from you guys at all, let alone so soon after the last.

Very much looking forward to this. Cheers Insomniac.

SKELLY7 30 May, 2012 @ 6:23 pm   21

This is really great. I’m not gonna lie, I felt slightly let down in recent releases from the team. Almost like you were ignoring your fans but to hear you’re making a Ratchet title based solely on fan wishes is incredible.

You can guarantee my purchase of the game.

CoolRichy008UK 30 May, 2012 @ 6:26 pm   22

Ted Price – Founder and CEO, Insomniac Games

i hope ratchet and clank collecton hd is on the ps store next week NO DELAYS plz it was pushed back to early june and it will be out next week hopefully so hurry up sony get your butt in gear and put the collecton on the ps store next week in the update us R&C fans will not wait we want it NOW

and this new game better be longer then the quest for booty make it a full game not a funsize

CoolRichy008UK 30 May, 2012 @ 6:26 pm   23

SKELLY7 leave Insomniac Games alone and i thought us brits moaned alot (NO COMMENT)

fjernbetjening 30 May, 2012 @ 6:27 pm   24

OMG This is the best news I’ve heard in a long time! I’ve really missed the third person Ratchet & Clank games. I just hope this game will be as good as [or better than] “Tools Of Destruction”, and “A Crack In Time”

Good luck with the developing :D

PS: Why didn’t you wait so you could reveal this at E3 though? ;-)

CoolRichy008UK 30 May, 2012 @ 6:28 pm   25

The Q-Force was a group of unlikely “heroic” space cadets formed by Captain Qwark, with the sole purpose of defeating Dr. Nefarious. However, they do prove useful as they help Ratchet and Clank during their adventure in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

a new q forse :D

Cutter-T 30 May, 2012 @ 6:38 pm   26

YEAH!!!!!!!!

Juhal_1234 30 May, 2012 @ 6:56 pm   27

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
TY TY TY TY TY TY TY
AND SOO MUCH FOR CLEAN UNDERWEAR
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OMG
OMG
OMG
PRE ORDER THIS NOOOOOOW!!!!!!!
(OR HELGA IS GOING TO WHACK YOUR BUTT)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN YEEEEEEEEEEAH

Juhal_1234 30 May, 2012 @ 6:59 pm   28

PLAY R&C 3
Q FORCE IS A GREAT NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT
GIVES ME NOSTALGIA
OF QUARK, HELGA, SKRUNK, BIG AL AND SKIDD
YEA BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

radiocaf 30 May, 2012 @ 7:27 pm   29

Wow, thank you insomniac! :) what a surprise. Glad you guys are returning to form with the R&C series, All4One was good, but glitched and not up to your usual standard. Good try, but stick with what’s best :)

That gun looks awesome that Ratchet is holding!

Great news! This is one of the only series that I’ve played through several times. Don’t really care about the online stuff, but a new adventure is something I looking forward to.

CRASHBASHUK 30 May, 2012 @ 7:56 pm   31

i bet there be a trailer at E3

RatchetBoy10 30 May, 2012 @ 8:27 pm   32

Hell yeah!

As you can tell by my username im really looking forward to this relese and i cant wait. Hope for a beta!

DJack442 30 May, 2012 @ 9:20 pm   33

another one awesome looking game to add to the amazing Ratchet & Clank series!!
i haven’t played the first 3 games so i will absolutly buy the triolgy and besides the triolgy, i will buy another Racthet & Clank game and the new Sly game.
It is going to be wait for it…. LEGENDARY!!! “Barney”
but, one question.
i also saw this announcement at the american blog and i saw that the bubtitle of the game is difrent than the europe. and think that it is going to be only launched at playstation store.
why is that?

DJack442 30 May, 2012 @ 9:26 pm   34

judging by the front cover, i think the ZONI’S from Tools of Destruction will be in this game.
we can see that Ratchet & Clank are flying in space with a blue ligth vehind them.just saying…

Carl-G 30 May, 2012 @ 9:42 pm   35

I have played every R&C game & i still want MORE! :P The R&C games ‘never’ get boring + i hope Insomniac will still make more(PS3 & maybe PS4?) R&C’s full games in the future :P

Why QForce and not the funny US titel?
Why not a full game, is it because your credibility tanked after the horrible all for one mess?

TheScottmanPOW 31 May, 2012 @ 12:29 am   37

All I ask is for all the original Q-Force members to unite.
It would be great to see Al, Helga, Skid and Skrunch again…… and of coarse Qwark being the leader XD.
I can’t wait already

quackerzacher 31 May, 2012 @ 10:15 am   38

I hate how you would name it q force and not full frontal assault that name was hilarious. fantastic announcement hope to see more :D

Catkiller1 31 May, 2012 @ 10:35 am   39

Now please release Size Matters & Secret Agent Clank!

I’m glad that Gladiator is coming to PSN ;)

Skookie30 31 May, 2012 @ 10:51 am   40

a name change for EU is plain silly censorship to my knowledge R&C is the only game that have different titles in different region.

“full frontal” doesn’t sit right on a pegi 7 game but the SCEA okay it lol i always thought UK is more comfortable with risky taboo subjects in games by BBFC till TM proves otherwise.

“please think of the children” :P

Kaffikjelen 31 May, 2012 @ 1:26 pm   41

“Awesome!” is an accurate summary of this news. Hopefully the game will be shown at E3.

Commandofin 31 May, 2012 @ 2:24 pm   42

I’m interested as always, 10 years has passed since first R&C and I’m still playing them (except PSP games and A4O). I just hope there would be more weapon combinations as in they would support each other or something really whacky because in that front IMO they haven’t really exceeded themselves.

TehPhilosopher 31 May, 2012 @ 2:25 pm   43

Yesssss! Hints at online multiplayer – does this mean there will be online coop?

RemyX-1988 31 May, 2012 @ 5:38 pm   44

OttoT,
Waarom zeur je in elk nieuwsbericht over Sony en/of hun ontwikkelaars? Als je niks zinnigs te melden hebt, hou dan je mond. Continu lees ik onzin van je. Word daar een beetje moe van…

afarce 31 May, 2012 @ 5:57 pm   45

omg cant wait I must have it now

cheezdoodle96 31 May, 2012 @ 8:04 pm   46

*Dies of awesomeness*

HaRbi011 31 May, 2012 @ 10:01 pm   47

Any wait!

Tyrannic_Puppy 1 June, 2012 @ 1:31 am   48

Can’t wait. Such a good year to be an R&C fanatic. Keep the surprises coming guys, coz I’m sure gonna keep buying them.

Ratchet_Fanboy 1 June, 2012 @ 6:06 am   49

lets see now, EU got both this and q4b booty on disc, special editions of ACIT and A4O, the collection 2 months early and the special bonus for NA for waiting will be released in EU. all i hear is that EU people cry and whine that they get left in the dust but its the other way around. EU gets everything when it comes to ratchet and clank and NA get nothing, this is so unfiar that EU gets everything and NA always gets left in teh dust, EU doesnt deserve it…so unfair,,effing bull!

Catkiller1 1 June, 2012 @ 9:41 am   50

@ Ratchet_Fanboy

Care to explain why you think that the EU doesn’t deserve it or are you just another American, thinking that you’re superior to anyone else?

Load all