Posted 5:00pm

PlayStation All-Stars: Release Date And Pre Order Bonuses!

Hi Everyone,

It’s only been a few weeks since E3 and we’re really pleased with how PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has been received since we took to the stage with several exciting announcements. We announced two new character additions – Nathan Drake and Big Daddy – and we also shared the news that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will have a PlayStation Vita release when it launches later this year. Now you’ll be able to take the battle on the go and seamlessly brawl in cross-platform matches against your friends on either the PS3 or PS Vita.

We’re thrilled to hear all of the great responses to the game and have been reading all of your questions and comments on the blogs and forums. While we’ll get to answering all of them soon enough, we are here to answer a couple of those questions today – “Why pre order?” and “When is the game coming out?”

Aside from making sure you’ve got your very own copy on day-one, pre-order PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and you’ll be able to get access to an exclusive set of costumes for all of the characters in the game!

Here are the costumes for the roster so far, but be sure to check back in with us later when we unveil them all:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Two New Challengers!

We’ve revealed eight of those characters already, but you’ll have to wait until our next announcement to see who will be next.

We will be unveiling two new characters during our colleagues in SCEA’s Exhibition Presentation at EVO in Las Vegas this evening at 6:00p.m PST (around 2am BST). So if you happen to be in town for the tournament, drop by and check us out or stay tuned to the PS.Blog for more information.

When the game launches, you’ll have the opportunity to unlock costumes in-game for each of the characters, but these particular costumes are available exclusively if you pre-order from participating retailers in your locale. I’ll work to get a complete list of which retailers we’ll be working with in the coming weeks to share with you.

I’ll leave you with one last exciting update for now. We’re thrilled to announce that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be launching on October 24th 2012 in most of Europe (25th in Australia and New Zealand and 26th in the UK & Ireland)! We’ll have plenty more details on the game, including pricing for both the PS3 and PS Vita versions soon enough, but we wanted to give you a date to mark on your calendars.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

48 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

Man, having my birthday on that week is so awesome. So many games out around then :)

Lets hope it more than 10 characters I’m hoping for 20 – 30 characters AT LEAST!

Phil Lynch 6 July, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Hey Stocko,

I perhaps wasn’t crystal clear in my post. There are definitely more than 10 characters, we’ve just announced 8 up to now and we’ll be announcing another two and EVO.

There are several more characters still to announce, stay tuned.

Awesome! Love the big daddy doll and deimos costumes!
Wonder if theres any more with the game and who the other character is…
October 26th sounds sweet for me!

uncleniccius 6 July, 2012 @ 5:18 pm   4

If I buy the game on release on PS3 (and subsequently get the DLC), and then buy the Vita version later, will the DLC be cross compatible? I LOVE the new costumes by the way! :)

Phil Lynch 6 July, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

Hi Uncleniccius,

The costumes are cross compatible on both PS VITA & PS3 versions.

Glad you like them!

mike-yazuka 6 July, 2012 @ 5:18 pm   5

Hehe, three days before my birthday. Think I’ll get this as my own gift to me. Perhaps. ;)
Has anything been said on the number of character that will be in the game?

uncleniccius 6 July, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   6

@Mike-Yakuza, there’s at least 2 more, and they didn’t specify that they’d be the last. If they want to take advantage of the first/ third party roster, I would expect about 15+.

mike-yazuka 6 July, 2012 @ 5:24 pm   7

@ uncleniccius: Yeah, I knew there where at least going to be 10. And Phil Lynch comment a few post above sounds good.

According to the US Blog, theres “Plenty more than 10 in the roster”, so awesome news!

Phil Lynch 6 July, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

And according to the EU Blog there are several more characters still to announce, stay tuned.

uncleniccius 6 July, 2012 @ 5:29 pm   9

@Agreed!:) Do you have any idea about the DLC thing??

Rhys001 6 July, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   10

Will there be a bundle deal for the PS3 and Vita versions together?

Xaluku 6 July, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   11

Yes! I hope for 2 or more final fantasy characters. Also I hope There will be many different game modes rather than just 1

ATIPdante 6 July, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   12

nice :) just a little annoyed does this mean I have to buy the game twice like sly copper for ps3 and vita? not a big problem but still a bit weird. maybe you should do a deal on the store for people who want to buy them both!

Phil Lynch 6 July, 2012 @ 5:45 pm

Hi ATIPdante,

Stay tuned for more information about bundle deals

ShadowDoGGG 6 July, 2012 @ 5:39 pm   13

Oh please, just for a laugh – do someone who looks nearly exactly like Mario

supersmith2500 6 July, 2012 @ 5:42 pm   14

2 question marks? I wonder if it’s Ratchet & Clank for and Jak & Daxter if I’m right.

uncleniccius 6 July, 2012 @ 5:45 pm   15

Thanks so much for the reply!
You have me sold, RD buy… screw Cod! ;)

Shunraiki 6 July, 2012 @ 5:47 pm   16

Hope we get the Vita version for free at purchase of the PS3 version. If not, I hope we get a really slick discount.

I mean, I seem to like the game, but buying it twice is a tad too expensive for me..

WEAV3RSON_05 6 July, 2012 @ 5:47 pm   17

Will the crossplay be LAN compatable? I plan on using the vita like another controller, rather than using it for online. Then my buddies would use the ps3 with up to 3 controllers, but I just want my own screen. . .

Spider-jam 6 July, 2012 @ 5:48 pm   18

Awesome! Will we get to see new stages and weapons at EVO too?

Shallashaska88 6 July, 2012 @ 5:51 pm   19

Will it be better than Super Smash Bros, lets hope so, but I think not!

Shallashaska88 6 July, 2012 @ 5:51 pm   20

Will it be better than Super Smash Bros, lets hope so, but I think not!

Shallashaska88 6 July, 2012 @ 5:53 pm   21

Will it be better than it cousin, super smash bros, fingers crossed, lets hope so, but I think not!

RatchetBoy10 6 July, 2012 @ 5:55 pm   22

I bet you there are Ratchet and Clank

vonhammer 6 July, 2012 @ 6:02 pm   23

Just knowing it’s got pre order DLC has put me off any positives in the post.

We all know it’s completed content,will be on disk,need a 100kb key,it’s a horrible gen for taking gamer’s who are already loyal beyond most hobbies,and sticking one in them.
“Here’s a load costumes spread out over 6 retailers” it’s a joke,and i’d feel bad if I was making games and doing stuff like this.

Stormtamer 6 July, 2012 @ 6:02 pm   24

Ive been playing alot of the Vita version of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and having alot of fun with it, so getting this All Stars game in the next few months sounds awesome.

Lordindo 6 July, 2012 @ 6:23 pm   25

I hope that SuperBot doesn’t forget about Folklore as a franchise. To see Ellen or Keats as a playable character would be awesome. But it seems most gamers has forgotten about this great exclusive franchise in the early PS3 days.

Carnivius_Prime 6 July, 2012 @ 6:28 pm   26

I still really don’t like Smash Bros but if this does play a lot better and have much more depth than I’m now very tempted because of the Winter Drake costume. I can’t not own an Uncharted related game (though I still need a Vita and Golden Abyss which I CAN AFFORD this week as I got 5 numbers on the lottery but I’m putting that all into learning to drive so I can find a job) and that outfit is one of my faves from multiplayer Uncharted 2 and 3. So um yeah. Also that Robin Hood Sly looks great too.

Lordindo 6 July, 2012 @ 6:36 pm   27

Besides my earlier comment it is interesting to read that each playable character will have alternative costumes besides the pre-order costumes. So a good question will be: How many alternative costumes will a playable character have?

Falcon1991 6 July, 2012 @ 6:48 pm   28

I will love you guys forever if you put in a Kingdom Hearts character or two. :)

If not then some Capcom or Namco characters would be fab.

kivi95 6 July, 2012 @ 7:12 pm   29

The next two are hopefully Jak and Ratchet.

Bth_Portugal 6 July, 2012 @ 7:38 pm   30

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE! You must put Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Cole McGrath, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter!!!!
Just one thing, if Parappa the Rapper is from the Ps1 era and he is coming for the new game, sooooooo … I think you guys know what I’m about to ask … Is there any chance of Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon coming for this game? C’mon, Parappa isn’t as important as Crash or Spyro, honestly, I didn’t knew who was Parappa if it wasn’t for this game, so please, is there any chance for those 2 characters to be in this game?!?!?!?!
Reply please :)

Cube1701 6 July, 2012 @ 7:39 pm   31

Aren’t Jak & Dexter, Ratchet & Clank and Cole MacGrath (plus one or two I can’t identify) already announced?

They were in the concept art released with the announcement of the game. I was confused at E3 when Nathan Drake was announced as he was already revealed to be in it (in said concept art).

Tijder 6 July, 2012 @ 8:39 pm   32

I hope also for a playstation3/psVita bundle.

bennyrafal 6 July, 2012 @ 8:39 pm   33

Kevin Butler?

Allen_Kirameki 6 July, 2012 @ 9:16 pm   34

One question : These skins will be only available for pre order? Not for buy later?

Wiiman1225 6 July, 2012 @ 9:48 pm   35

A Question: How many characters will be in the game when it’s released? I would really like to know. Thanks for your time.

P.S: I’ll be pre-ordering it soon (by the end of September). :D

Lucreto 6 July, 2012 @ 10:49 pm   36

Good new I look forward to ordering it.

So will there be a collectors edition? Not too many games I want this year so I would buy a collectors edition if there is one.

KARAM_2012_ 7 July, 2012 @ 2:53 am   37

HI THIS GAME IS GOOD GOD LUCK DRBOOOOOOOOOH 7RYH

KARAM_2012_ 7 July, 2012 @ 2:54 am   38

NICE

MikeGold 7 July, 2012 @ 11:16 am   39

Sack boy and Solid Snake? Just my guess… Anyway it would really be a shame if this game had only 10 characters. No matter what, everybody will compare it to Smash bros brawl and if Playstation will only have 10 exclusive characters it will start a big wave of trolling. I’ll buy it anyway though ;).

TINTINTB303 7 July, 2012 @ 1:02 pm   40

@ Carnivius_Prime

Congrats on your windfall :-)

How much did you win if you don’t mind me asking? ;-)

FunkyTheElephant 7 July, 2012 @ 2:05 pm   41

Yesterday at the evo event Kuro and Heihachi were displayed as playable characters.

Also, we better get Patapon!

Right, all i want to know about this game now, do i have to purcahse the game twice to play on both my ps3 system and my ps vita? if that if the case i will not be paying for both, and will buy the ps3 version simply because it has higher specs and will have better quality, the news i would love to hear is “the vita version will be free for those who purchase the game on playstation 3″ even if this is a time deal, like within 2 weeks of the games release, but i would love to have this game for vita as there has been a bad rep about the system and i do not own that many games simply due to the fact of there not being many games available for the system i like :)

Igyoung13 7 July, 2012 @ 6:38 pm   43

Will we be able to preorder on PSN for the PS Vita version got the 32 GB memory card and i want all the games i can on it!!!

LAA612 7 July, 2012 @ 6:48 pm   44

How awesome would it be if sora from KH was in this?!

Tenchuwoh 7 July, 2012 @ 7:51 pm   45

I would love to see “Rikimaru” from Tenchu in this game….
What?Dreaming is free :)

MikeGold 8 July, 2012 @ 3:26 pm   46

Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)

Toro Inoue (PS Mascott and Dokodemo Ishio char.)

Mystery solved.

MikeGold 8 July, 2012 @ 3:27 pm   47

Heihachi Mishima and Toro Inoue. You can find it on Youtube.

Mystery solved.

carnivalofsins 3 August, 2012 @ 6:58 pm   48

So any news on a bundle yet?I’m definitely looking forward to owning both the Vita and PS3 version.