Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:00pm

Rain Forecast For PlayStation Network

Rain on PSN

Fred here with a quick heads-up on a hugely exciting new PlayStation Network title you no doubt spotted during our Gamescom press conference yesterday.

It’s called Rain, it looks absolutely lovely and it’s on its way soon.

Currently in development at Sony’s Japan Studio, it’s a dark fairytale focussing on two young protagonists who are invisible and can only be seen by their silhouettes in the falling rain.

We’ll have much more to say about the game in the coming months but for now, feast your eyes on the trailer below.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Cant wait for this, love quirky little gems like this. In this this FPS and “cinematic” soaked generation, its great to see fresh, innovative and creative little titles like these.

It looks fantastic.Can’t wait.rain <3

What happened to the PSN+ update? EU are meant to have an update at the start of the month and at the middle. Even the US store gets the same treatment, they just received Outland and Bloodrayne. Although EU already has outlands I would really like to see Bloodrayne and our other BR Release title please.

Or do we have to wait to the 26th? Even though the US store had an update yesterday?

Fred Dutton 15 August, 2012 @ 10:41 pm

Details of the update will be posted tomorrow morning (Thursday). Apologies for the delay – Gamescom has caused a few scheduling problems.

3# Dude the ps + content have already been updated to the store :D. The games are Just Cause 2 and Borderlands!!

OT: Love the look of this game just hope it will be a bit challenging aswell.

residentSteve 15 August, 2012 @ 8:17 pm   5

Plus already updated but the blog post is delayed check your ps3 boarder lands (think that’s how you spell it) and just cause 2 are there.

never mind my last post :) I just looked on the blog, and saw no updates. But I just checked my PS3 and we’ve got the update. Cheers Sony your the best.

Can’t wait to get these new games, Rain, AC3:L, Beyond and soo much more that you guys have shown at gamescom. Probably one of the best years to be a PS3/Vita owner

shankyboi 15 August, 2012 @ 8:35 pm   7

this reminds me a bit of clock tower 3 amazing game!

haso0on-BHR-17 15 August, 2012 @ 8:52 pm   8

good

stripysocks 15 August, 2012 @ 9:01 pm   9

Really looking forward to this, love games that are a little bit different from the norm!

Looks interesting although I hope it is deep enough that the visual novelty is not just a superficial gimmick.
Would be interested to hear the expected release date?

Fred Dutton 15 August, 2012 @ 10:43 pm

No more news on this one right now I’m afraid but you’ll hear more soon, promise.

lisatsunami 15 August, 2012 @ 11:16 pm   11

Hi, Fred. Your American cousins are here eagerly gobbling up all the fantastic coverage from Gamescon. First, thank you for making a livestream that I could actually view on my 3G iPADD. Yesterday was the first time that ever worked for me, for a Sony conference. Thank you for featuring Vita games, thank you for the very interesting panel discussion. Your presentation was better than E3 & SCEE is winning the Sony inter-office competition this year. I’ll be sure to check this blog more often this week.

This game reminds me so much of Ico, even the character animations. Can not wait for it :D

@3 We get Borderlands and Just Cause 2

Stonesthrow 16 August, 2012 @ 1:53 am   14

This looks awesome. These are the kind of games I want on PSN.

Darkliquid 16 August, 2012 @ 4:11 am   15

This games looks stunning. I was really impressed with Sony yet again after watching their Gamescom presentation. They seem to be the only ones taking chances on new and exciting IP’s for a good while now.

PS+ has been brilliant to, I already loved it but since the instant game collection was introduced its really stepped up a gear.

Creative_ae 16 August, 2012 @ 5:11 am   16

Amazing game

shadkite 16 August, 2012 @ 8:43 am   17

interesting concept i shall look forward to playing this game

I’m absolutely loving this news initiative at Gamescom. I think Sony has proven that they are number one. Rain looks amazing. Can’t wait to pick it up!

European_Gamer 16 August, 2012 @ 9:40 am   19

“Rain Forecast” sounds just like a typical Danish summer…

I will need to see more actual gameplay and see if you do anything other then running before I decide if I’ll get it or not.

bitbydeath 16 August, 2012 @ 9:51 am   20

Was the puddle at 55 seconds intentional? LOL

Ibrahim4Ibrahim 16 August, 2012 @ 11:34 am   21

rain ni no kuni wraith of the witch are games that is unique on their own way. cant wait to buy it!!

Ibrahim4Ibrahim 16 August, 2012 @ 11:38 am   22

simply amazing. it reminds me if Ico

BlueBomber_ 16 August, 2012 @ 4:00 pm   23

Simply breathtaking! Any chance to see this beauty released as Blu-Ray disc, other than on PSN?

monoliet 16 August, 2012 @ 5:58 pm   24

intresting game + new ip , but only digital = sorry i wil not buy then
why every nice game only digital ????

when u gone understend 100 % digital – 100 % retail disk
only then u reach everyone .

Stonesthrow 16 August, 2012 @ 6:16 pm   25

@24 Some games are probably just too small to justify a physical release.

scottus83 20 August, 2012 @ 10:04 am   26

looks like a gd game very different