Posted 2:00pm

Interview: Insomniac Spills The Beans On Ratchet & Clank: QForce

Ratchet & Clank: QForce key art

While many popular franchises are happy to stick rigidly to their tried-and-tested formula whenever it’s time for a new entry, the Ratchet & Clank series has never shied away from mixing things up. This year’s Ratchet & Clank: QForce – the tenth outing for developer Insomniac Games’ dynamic duo – is no different. Due out on both PS Vita and PlayStation 3 before the end of the year, it adds an intriguing – and, believe me, thoroughly entertaining – new tower defence element to keep players on their toes.

We bumped into Insomniac’s Shaun McCabe at Gamescom last month and immediately thrust a camera in his face to find out more. See what he has to say below, and then remind yourselves of the game’s latest trailer.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first
abdirizak007 3 September, 2012 @ 2:04 pm   1

i love u my Chilldhood game <3

dark_angel69 3 September, 2012 @ 2:17 pm   2

Sooo excited for this!!

Do you have any news on Ratchet Deadlocked HD?

Gamesgbkiller 3 September, 2012 @ 2:20 pm   3

WHY ?
There is SLY 4 .. now new RATCHET & CLANK :)
BUT i don’t see JAK 4 :(
Well .. i hope this game make me busy :)
Thanks .

I played the beta from PS Plus and I didn’t have a clue what was going on or what I was suppose to do lol so I’ll probably just wait for the game to come out so I can just play the single player.

dogwalker4000 3 September, 2012 @ 2:51 pm   5

Been playing the beta on plus, whole lot of fun if you know what you are doing (play the tutorial, its very easy to learn). Had a few issues with people dropping out when they losing which needs looking at but other than that its great mindless fun. Me and one guy had an epic battle that lasted almost 45mins, it only ended when he got disconnected :(

test2

Yeah the multiplayer is awesome really fun with epic battles i can’t w8 for this game when comes out?

Really enjoying the beta, the tutorial is great and gives you a nice quick rundown of things.
Fun gameplay, wish you could have 3 vs 3 though, and sometimes when someone drops from the game, you just instantly lose, hope that gets fixed.

I saw that Insomniac are doing ‘Ratchet: Gladiator’ in HD? They should do a – ‘Ratchet & Clank: Trilogy 2′ with – ‘Ratchet: Gladiator’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters’ & ‘Secret Agent Clank’ on 1 Blu-ray in HD with Trophies for the PS3:P
Anyway i can’t wait to get this game(i LOVE R&C games) ;)

millgate1 3 September, 2012 @ 4:34 pm   10

@Fred
Lol, I don’t know why, but I always thought you were American…where did I get that from? xD

On topic, game looks awesome, perfect game for my Vita.

Fred Dutton 3 September, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

I was living in the US for the past 2 years before starting here at Sony – but yeah, I’m a Brit, obviously!

Yoshikart64 3 September, 2012 @ 5:02 pm   11

Nice to see they’ve done something different with this downloadable. Quest for Booty, while nice, felt a little more like a chunk of a full game while this seems to have fully embraced the smaller format.

Gonna throw a guess out there though – the next full Ratchet game will be on PS4 and will feature Ratchet actually finding the lost Lombax species. Additional guess – it’ll feature next gen crate destruction physics.

@Gamesgbkiller :Naughtydog is busy on their new IP right now, while still supporting the Uncharted series, so don’t get your hopes up of a new Jak game soon :(

abdirizak007 3 September, 2012 @ 9:26 pm   13

Fred:
plasse can´t we get the beta aigan i don’t have that :’(

This is a real trst

CoolRichy008UK 4 September, 2012 @ 1:00 pm   15

no single player – no buy

MoshuaDeath 4 September, 2012 @ 7:51 pm   16

I’m gonna miss Insomniac after they go multiplatform. Won’t bother with them after that, Spyro and Ratchet and Clank were mega parts of my life along with 90% of my generation, not including Jak, Daxter, and Crash… Crash…

I’d definitely buy this though, out of my love for Playstation exclusivity! Crash……… Crash…….

Eminem360X 6 September, 2012 @ 6:55 am   17