Posted 3:00pm

Ōkami HD set to charm PSN tomorrow

At long last, I’m pleased to share that the great goddess Amaterasu is almost here to save the world once again! Ōkami HD is launching on PSN tomorrow in Europe and will be available to download for €19.99/£15.99.

In case anyone needs it, here’s a quick refresher on all the things we’ve added to Ōkami HD:

- The critically acclaimed classic brought to new life on the PlayStation 3
- Full native 1080p visuals brings Ōkami’s stunning visuals into the HD era
- PlayStation Move support allows players to enjoy the celestial brush in new and intuitive ways
- Trophy Support, including Platinum trophies, gives players all new challenges to complete

I’d like to extend a big thanks to the PSN community as well as PlayStation Blog for all their support for Ōkami HD. Your support helped make this project happen and it is greatly appreciated! I can say for myself that this title was hands down the most fun I’ve had working on any project here at Capcom. I hope you all enjoy the game as much as we’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.

Check out our launch trailer below!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

71 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

wardragon989 30 October, 2012 @ 3:04 pm   1

Thank god this didn’t get delayed like a number of games I know.

Its fantastic that I will be able to play this classic that I missed in the PS2 era and to top it off its been HD’ed with trophy support :D

Take my money!

FlyingUberHuzo 30 October, 2012 @ 3:11 pm   2

I hope there are 60fps and that it is a good Port not like Zone of the Enders 2.

Best game for the PS2 and i am looking forward to play it again!

Masterpiece!

Stonesthrow 30 October, 2012 @ 3:13 pm   3

This was one of the games that stood out like Shadow of the colossus. And the Move seems like a perfect fit for the drawing mechanic. Will enjoy replaying this.

Shame this isn’t compatible with Vita, I’d imagine it’d look even more stunning on that, but this is fantastic nonetheless.

This was one of my most defining moment in my PS2 era, If anyone reading this isnt sure on purchasing this read my words: dont be, this game will show you there is more to gaming then pointing a gun to someone and pulling the triger to have fun.

This game will shift and change the way you look at gaming the same way ICO or SOTC did for many.

Just bloody get this game, its astonishing in every sense of the word.

Silver-Seraphim 30 October, 2012 @ 3:22 pm   6

:( why isn’t there a PS Plus discount?

CardcaptorStacey 30 October, 2012 @ 3:27 pm   7

£16? Ouch. Well, I’ll be getting anyway

Croopnick_PL 30 October, 2012 @ 3:27 pm   8

24h left…
:P
Any news how much hdd space is required?

I really hoped this would be free on PS+.

I’ll probably wait for a discount, I’ve got too many games on the go as it is. Definitely be buying at some point though.

Megatrons_Fury 30 October, 2012 @ 3:35 pm   10

Digital download, nope.

19.99 on a disc with a manual in a box to put in my collection and its a yes, why they have decided against this is madness.

Have it on Ps2, have it on Wii the ps3 version can wait.

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2012 @ 3:44 pm   11

Never was that big a fan of this game. I liked the attempt at a distinctive art style and I like that there’s more HD remastering of PS2 games but I did briefly own this game before and I just didn’t enjoy the game itself. Shall pass but I’m sure fans of it will love the upgrade. and at comment #5 I couldn’t stand those Team Ico games. Pretentious and tedious games especially Colossus. I made a nice profit reselling that game though.

BloodMountain88 30 October, 2012 @ 3:44 pm   12

£16 is far too much for a HD re-release of a single game – you can buy Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD for £20, and the Sly Trilogy for £15 on the PS Store. Okami is a fantastic game – so much so that I bought it on both the PS2 and the Wii, but this re-release should’ve been about £10 at the most. Definitely would’ve got it for that price, but I’ll be waiting for a sale before buying this version.

ITACHI_U________ 30 October, 2012 @ 3:45 pm   13

PSVITA Debut PLEASE!!!!

^^

think how great it would be. Such an amazing looking game on the vita. With the touchscreen to make the signs. That would be AWESOME.

Just think about it, and be honest to yourself. How GREAT would that be?

bennyrafal 30 October, 2012 @ 3:47 pm   14

to expensive for me :)

KillaT2501 30 October, 2012 @ 3:48 pm   15

This needs to be a Vita game ASAP.

Is it at least Remote Play compatible?

I imagine if Capcom decide to release it on the Vita we’d have to buy it twice.

MartinB105 30 October, 2012 @ 3:53 pm   16

I was going to buy this on day one, but I won’t buy it until the SingStar icon is removed from the XMB.

supersmith2500 30 October, 2012 @ 4:00 pm   17

£16 for a HD remake? Joining the greed bandwagon I see Capcom. But anyway let’s hope this game makes it on tommorow’s update and doesn’t suffer a week delay like Burning the Rope did.

willbillbill 30 October, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   18

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a vita version down the line

Chocobo115 30 October, 2012 @ 4:06 pm   19

Sorry too expensive, already got the Wii version.
was hoping on a PS+ discount.
Will have to wait for this one to go on sale :/

What about a PS+ discount??

Soulbreaker 30 October, 2012 @ 4:14 pm   21

Like i said before, i would love to buy it again, but this time for PS3, but i don’t buy big games without being on disc.
I only support digital downloads if they are simple games, bigger games i love to collect them physically.

Also 20$=20€ again… Should we be thankful for not being 20$=20£=25€??? ¬_¬

monsterhunter hd ps3 /vita + dragons dogma 2 = onli tings i need from capcom rest = 0000000000000000

xenokiller90 30 October, 2012 @ 4:35 pm   24

16 pounds = tooooo much

Catkiller1 30 October, 2012 @ 4:55 pm   25

£15.99……….PASS!!!!

£11.99, I may have considered it but £15.99 is a joke, regardless of what has been improved!

Huono_peleis 30 October, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   26

20€ for digital copy of a 6 year old game? I think I’ll pass.

Kinda nice to see that Sony isn’t the only company in the games industry that is completely clueless though.

Skookie30 30 October, 2012 @ 5:25 pm   27

I think I pass too, don’t care what other ppl say, saying just get it already £15.99 is to dear as it by it self take a look at other HD classics 3 games each are £11.99 cash com has join EA,square enix unbisoft as the worst Devs EVER.

So I shall wait for a discount but wish for free as it by it self if you really want to make amends SCEE for the delays etc you pay 15.99 give it us free part of November plus IGC. :)

Voodoo341 30 October, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   28

Stupid rip off price and no PS+ discount. It’s a PS2 remake that price is a joke. The no PS+ discount is becoming a bit of a habit now as well. This game deserves to fail.

Tsubaki_14 30 October, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   29

YESSSSS been waiting forever! Will there be any PS+ discount?

I want it on my PS Vita !

£15.99 is $25.7045 ($25.70) – you are not charging America that price you are charging them $19.99 which is actually £12.4370 (£12.44).

If you are unable to accurately convert £’s, euro’s and $ then you might want to consider using http://www.xe.com the figures I have given are from them and they base their conversions on Mid-market rates: 2012-10-30 17:34 UTC not some Sony based currency conversion that expects Europe to subsidise America

will wait for a sale

PIREDERAS 30 October, 2012 @ 5:39 pm   32

It’s a very interesting game. Oh, I’ve missed all those crazy, Japanese games of times gone by. Those games had a very distinctive flavor upon them. Nowadays, the market is flooded with Modern Warfare or Gears of War clones, plus a few action brawlers a la God of War. I missed Okami back in its day, but now I will try it (at a lower price though, €20 for a PS2 era game is too much, even if it is updated visually).

RobertMorridin 30 October, 2012 @ 5:40 pm   33

PSVita would’ve been instabuy. As for now I might as well pop in my original disc.

No offense meant of course, but already laden with PS3 games to play and far too few PSV :)

Player42791 30 October, 2012 @ 5:46 pm   34

@Izorpo

It’s not as clear cut as plugging a number into XE.com after that you’ve got to add VAT and any costs sony incurs by converting £ into $.

Holy hell! Way to burst my bubble Capcom. I was hyped for playing Okami with PS Move, but they I saw the price. €20? Really? It was supposed to be an insta-buy for me, but now I’ll wait for the price drop.

P.S. I’d pay that much for a boxed version without hesitation, but not digital.

P.P.S. Guys, don’t buy it for this price unless you absolutely have to (because you never played it or something). Capcom will only go as far as we let them. Don’t be a corporate enabler.

residentSteve 30 October, 2012 @ 6:22 pm   38

Never understood why people like this game how about getting re zero and re remake on the ps store capcom.

MissDreamer 30 October, 2012 @ 6:56 pm   39

Okami Hd is finally getting released tomorrow. Yay. :)

£16 is a lot but I think it’s worth it for one of the most beautiful games ever made,and if I remember correctly I put at least 50 or 60 hours into the ps2 version and about 40 into the wii one,can’t wait to get stuck into this one.

BoneStorm2 30 October, 2012 @ 7:26 pm   41

I think Capcom lowers the Price soon enough or it will be on the sales.

Everyone who wants to save money why not wait a little.

There are so much games out to play why spend so much on a Digital Remake.

And if you really have to buy it Day 1 don´t complain when the Price drops very soon.

I also thought it would be max 10 Pounds or so.
But thank you Capcom for the nice Remake.

I would love to see Onimusha Trilogy HD or even all 4 Parts.
I think the game i liked most on PS2 was really Onimusha.

Rygar was also great.

Project2insanity 30 October, 2012 @ 7:57 pm   42

I agree with Nivly. Yeah, could (maybe should) be cheaper but this title is an exception (and I stress it being an exception). I bought the PS2 version for roughly the same price and had 100+ hours from it that I enjoyed throughout. The CD soundtrack alone is worth £50 upwards so I’m not hesitating to buy Õkami HD.

@player42791

what planet do you live on? Sony is a global company and deals with all currencies, but it doesn’t deal with money only the shops do either a) via a psn card or a credit card – this has nothing to do with VAT (value added tax) or Sony itself

what it has to do with is various publishers charging Europeans more for the same digital product they are selling in separate territories – Capcom in this case has decided that their digital product Okami is worth $19.99 (that is sans any tax) so once you get the base amount in this case £12.44 even adding 20% VAT (14.93) does not add up to the price they are trying to charge us – they are still OVERCHARGING us – and don’t even get started on euros (both the £ and euro are worth a lot more than the crappy $

I’m someone who has to convert funds from £’s to $’s I am well aware of both bank and post office charges for that service – Sony does NOT act as a bureau du change – and if its charging us a conversion fee to purchase goods from a shop in our own country – I’m fairly certain that is illegal

ukcrazyguy 30 October, 2012 @ 9:14 pm   44

Would really like to try this game as I missed it the first time on ps2, but £16 is wayyyyy too expensive, so I’m out I’m afraid

MartinB105 30 October, 2012 @ 9:18 pm   45

Why is this so overpriced?

The Wii version is only £10.59 (Amazon UK), and that’s a physical copy too which is better than a digital copy, and it has had the same great motion controls years before that you advertise as “new and innovative”!

I already own the Wii version and wanted this one for the trophies, but I’ll definitely wait for a sale.

ShardofTruth 30 October, 2012 @ 9:54 pm   46

I hope the credits aren’t missing as it was the case with the Wii version.

Can’t wait for it. I will play it tomorrow evening and ignore trick or treaters.

Player42791 30 October, 2012 @ 10:34 pm   48

@Izorpo

No need to throw the dummy. The psn has everything to do with VAT. Like you said the advertised US prices don’t include tax but we have to pay VAT on everything considered a luxury so the psn is subject to VAT. Interestingly though Jaffa cakes aren’t. And yes sony takes £ but odds are they trade in $ like most international companies so they probably will be converting money which is an extra cost. Then when you add the fact that broadband in britain is pretty poor which actually makes digital distribution more expensive that’s another extra cost. I may very well be wrong and somebody just thought “i have an idea that’ll make us rich, we’ll charge british users an extra pound” but i can’t see the only reason for the disparity being greed. Obviously these reasons don’t come anywhere near explaining the dollar-euro discrepancy but that’s not a sony specific practice.

Sean_Oberlander 30 October, 2012 @ 10:36 pm   49

£16 for a single digital release of a 6 year old game?

Anarchy Reigns is coming out in January for £20, it’s a brand new game and will have a boxed release. Anyone buying this must be crazy or have too much dosh

The ONLY reason I am willing to pay this price is because I know I’m gonna be getting my hours out of it. And because I know damn well that Capcom will NEVER bring a retail release over here.

I already have the game on PS2 but I’m really looking forward to playing it all over again and optimized for today’s screens. It deserves it.

Also, Im from UK and not EU, but charging them 19.99 Euro’s is outright daylight robbery. I don’t see why we should get different values for the same product. If it were a matter of import/export costs I’d understand. But it’s digital. There are less reasons for over pricing.

Load all