Posted 6:00pm

God of War: Ascension – a closer look at the single player campaign

KvElephantaur-007-FINAL

Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and daughter, his hands stained with their blood – tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved. Swearing to avenge them, Kratos broke the blood oath that bound him to Ares, but oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken. This is where your journey in the story of God of War: Ascension begins…

…It has been well over six long, enduring months you’ve waited since your first look at our Ascension single-player campaign at E3 last year. So, as we get ready to close our multiplayer beta early next week, the time has come to focus on where Ascension and its story will take you this March. Here’s your first glimpse:

This trailer is only a quick taste. You didn’t think Ascension was only 30 seconds long, right?! We have more single-player details to unravel and showcase as we rage towards launch. Most importantly, in late February, we’re bringing you a full single player demo!

We’ll be announcing details in the coming weeks, but if you want to get in early (and earn a ton of exclusive in-game rewards), join the Rise of the Warrior experience at http://www.godofwar.com. We just re-launched with a refined interface and streamlined challenges, making your journey through its story to unlock rewards even better than before.

Stay tuned for more single-player details and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you again to all of our multiplayer beta warriors!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

20 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
ArmouredLukas 19 January, 2013 @ 6:53 pm   1

I think Sony Santa Monica is one of the best studios in market right now, keep it up guys :)

So a prequel to God of War 1, 10 years prior?

It’ll probably be a GREAT game; the other 5 have been. But a new twist was needed I felt. After completing GOW 3; I had all these ideas of directions a fourth could go. Definitely a day 1 purchase for me, and the multiplayer should breath new life into it once completed but…

*still pining for that something extra, and different*

“Most importantly, in late February, we’re bringing you a full single player demo!” OH! GOD! YES!!! :P :P :P

dark_angel69 19 January, 2013 @ 7:42 pm   4

Cant wait to try out the demo. Roll on February!! :D Any news on having co-op?

bennyrafal 19 January, 2013 @ 7:44 pm   5

Rise of the Warrior is a big mistake, it causes my browser goes nuts

CabbageBloke 19 January, 2013 @ 8:02 pm   6

Sony, shut up and take my money!

BiGsMoO7ke 19 January, 2013 @ 8:12 pm   7

My true hope is to see this game in the ps store :(
“Please”

If GoW:A takes place before Kratos killed his family (they are in the teaser), why is his skin white? It became white after he killed them, according to cutscenes in the first game.

Project2insanity 20 January, 2013 @ 1:36 am   9

@BubblesPL; “Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and daughter, his hands stained with their blood – tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved.”

“This is where your journey in the story of God of War: Ascension begins…”

Stonesthrow 20 January, 2013 @ 5:53 am   10

Can’t wait for this! GOW3 was brilliant so I hope this one manages the same level of quality. Looking good so far, the animations are breathtaking. Still not too interested in the multiplayer, but very hyped about the campaign. Too bad the Stig is gone, but I have no doubt this’ll still be epic. Don’t ever kill off Kratos! One of the most epic characters ever :p

loungerman35 20 January, 2013 @ 9:17 am   11

I want gow vita please Sony make it now!!!!!!!

BubblesPL 20 January, 2013 @ 10:22 am   12

@Project2insanity: haven’t read that before posting. But still he’s there with his family and his skin is white. Why is that?

Project2insanity 20 January, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   13

@BubblesPL; That’s a good point. He appears to have an expression of mourning so I suspect they’re in his mind but seems we’ll need to wait until release to answer that..

no more gow to me 1 was supper 2 = good 3= ok

residentSteve 20 January, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   15

Is this a brand new demo? Or the same e3 one that came with total recall?

Bacon_Crispies 20 January, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   16

After GOW3 you could have taken the franchise somewhere new, instead we get a trailer which basically says “Oh look it Kratos again, and he’s angry again, ahh look out”
Also the inclusion of Multiplayer is a stupid idea that never works out for about 99% of games where it causes more damage to a series then good.

I am happy to be proven wrong though.

@16

That was my initial thought as well,give it some time though.
I didn’t like it very much playing the first time,the more you play the more you’re enjoying it.

I am glad to see GoW continues with the series..
I think GoWIII is my nr.1 exclusive thus far.

ibrahim--11 21 January, 2013 @ 8:58 am   18

will this be on the store day one?

Ste_0121-B 21 January, 2013 @ 11:28 am   19

i hope the single player campaign is as good as god of war 3!! im not interested in multiplayer!

prozologgy0 21 January, 2013 @ 12:49 pm   20

playstation is vor noobs i am prozologgy0 on bo2

in a clan cloud bg4e

playstation suks vor life

p.s. add me on playstation and tell me what jou tink of me

ant the men ho maid playstation ant bo2 are gay