Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

Soul Sacrifice: Release date and pre-order extras revealed

Lead image Soul Sacrifice

Combining frantic real-time combat, a thrilling sense of scale, smartly interwoven cooperative play and meaningful character customisation – not to mention contributions from gaming legends like designer Keiji Inafune and composer Yasunori Mitsuda – we believe Soul Sacrifice is one of the most exciting titles on the PS Vita release slate.

For weeks now, you’ve been asking for more information about the game’s Western release and finally we can answer those questions!

Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita launches in stores and via PlayStation Network across Europe on 1st May 2013! We’re not quite ready to reveal our final box art just yet, but rest assured that the studio is working on something really epic that we look forward to sharing with you very soon!

It includes two unique costumes with which players can customise their character…

houi_dansei_zengo houi_josei_zengo

…and three magic items to aid players in battle:

• Spirits’ Flamepike – Shards of the spear provided by Fire spirits, unleashing a five hit combo attack with heat effects

Spirits' Flamepike

• Spirits’ Blightstone – Explosive stones with poison effects provided by the spirits

Spirits' Blightstone

• Spirits’ Fulgurwood – Root provided by the Thunder spirits. Tracks enemies on the ground and attacks with thunders spell

Spirits' Fulgurwood

And there’s more! Do you prefer to play with Japanese audio tracks wherever possible? Then you might want to pre-order…

Reserve Soul Sacrifice and, in addition to the in-game costume and magic bundle, you’ll also receive the Japanese voice-over pack for free. This pack will be sold separately, but the only way to get it right at launch for no added cost is to pre-order.

Thrilled to finally be able to reveal a release date to European gamers, Project Lead Keiji Inafune had this to say:

“I’m excited that we are finally able to announce the release date of Soul Sacrifice. I have put all my passion and soul into the game’s concept and my talented team has made an incredible effort to create the best game it could ever be. I’m confident that we’ve created an extremely engaging game that you will enjoy playing.

“The game has become nothing like any other game with an original and deep world settings which could only be possible in a dark fantasy environment. I’m looking forward to you being able to experience the unique adventure of real heroism in Soul Sacrifice. Immerse yourself in the world of Soul Sacrifice and have fun playing it!”

There’s plenty of information left to share and reveal for Soul Sacrifice. Keep coming back to PlayStation Blog for more updates!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

58 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first
A_Nonny_Moose 29 January, 2013 @ 5:02 pm   1

A DLC language track? That’s a new one.

I had the opportunity to play the Japanese demo. It’s incredible! Definitely getting it once it’s released here.

Dr-abdulelah 29 January, 2013 @ 5:06 pm   3

demo will come to Europe ?

Hey Chris, great news!

Can you tell us what will be the price for this game, both GBP and EUR?

Also can you PLEASE put Mass Effect 3 on sale if possible (DLC also if possible)?

XnoobsquadX 29 January, 2013 @ 5:09 pm   5

OMFG awsome! was scared EU would be left out hanging to dry! Wohoo:p
Now lets hope we can preorder it via the playstation store! March is gonna be the month that Vita will kick some 3ds ass!

AGAIN OMG YUSS!!!

bidbaldwolf86 29 January, 2013 @ 5:09 pm   6

The American box art on their blog looks cool so just go with that. This is definitely a day 1 buy for me. Really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Silent_Gig 29 January, 2013 @ 5:11 pm   7

YESSSSSS!
I cannot wait, this is brilliant news!

Soul Sacrifice is finally coming!!! This game is what I’ve been looking forward to play on my PS Vita for quite some time. I think it resembles Dark/Demon’s Souls, but I’m confident Mr. Inafune would never let it be a mere clone of those games. I expect more to be revealed about this game in the coming months, because I have only a vague idea about it.

Lord_Gremlin 29 January, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   9

Just explain please. Can I preorder a physical copy? I don’t want large games on memory card, especially ones I intend to play for a very long time.

glasgowdave 29 January, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   10

This game just looks fantastic, will be a day one download. Looking forward to hearing more about it and other vita games like Killzone.

SuperJag86 29 January, 2013 @ 5:17 pm   11

This is great news, March is going have quite a few new games for Vita!
I just have a few questions;
Will this be a retail release or digital only?
Do you have an approximate size for the download?
Do you know what the price is likely to be in the UK?
Thanks :)

Game looks great. Day 1 purchase for me
Any news of the demo being released in the EU?

extermin8or_ 29 January, 2013 @ 5:19 pm   13

Hell yeah :D damn I now need even more money in may for this and tlous joel edition… maybe this can wait a month till after my exams are over even though I REALLY want this :p

1= jessssssssss good news ( makes mi week already lots better )
2= digital version to ?
3= demo soon ?

gremlin @9
read tekst = Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita launches in stores and via PlayStation Network across Europe on 1st May 2013

1 of 2 moast wanted games on vita in 2013 :) :) :) :)

edit skip question 2 ( also i need to read better,lol )

almighty-slayer 29 January, 2013 @ 5:28 pm   16

Language track as pre-order bonus? lol.

1 – 16 = total agry = not done

lots new misions (maps + new enemy, quest) ore big pack new weapons /armores/ spels . i have no problem if price % quality + lifespan = correct
i wil pre order but i hope to see then price i gone pay + other extra dlc when u prorder , not some language who needs to be free .

Silent_Gig 29 January, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   18

Anyone want a soundtrack to be released for this game?
I know i do.

Am I missing something from this post? How, where and when can I pre-order physical copy?

Chris Brown 29 January, 2013 @ 6:03 pm

Hey MaxiM_82,

There will definitely be a physical version available at the same time :)

And for those of you asking about the demo and price, we’ll have news on those soon!

Thanks!

CB

19 @MaxiM_82
jes u mis =Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita launches in stores and via PlayStation Network across Europe on 1st May 2013!

store = real stores – psn = digital ( only price them stil not nowh , i hope max 45 €)

maby tip to blog members = make dates + tipe of where u are abel to get + price in red tekst .

pantelis_vaan 29 January, 2013 @ 6:14 pm   21

Any word on a PS Vita Bundle, like the one that Japan gets?
I haven’t a PS Vita and i would get that one ,day 1 !

This made my day a bit more brighter :) I will pre-order it as soon as possible in my local game store :) Also the fact that it will include the original Japanese voices made me happy, but to make it as a paid DLC for those who wont pre-order it seems a bit too much for me :(
I d also like to ask if two-pack (i think its called united front double pack) will be in Europe too and if it will be available for pre-order.

RemyX-1988 29 January, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   23

Glad to see there’s also a physical version. If this game were only digital, I would have had to skip it, because I don’t want to pay full price for a downloadable game. I won’t own it, and it’ll be a waste of money for me, then.

But now that there is confirmation for a physical copy, count me in! And chances we’ll see a Collector’s Edition in a big box? Would definitely go for that one!

flashmozzg_vt 29 January, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   24

I have to questions:
1) What do you mean by pre-order? How can i pre-order psn digital copy? Does it mean I only need to but it on first days from release (like it was with Gravity Rush)?
2) What about EU demo? I want to start progressing as soon as possible (the demo progress should be carried out to the full game, doesn’t it?).

tiago-kun 29 January, 2013 @ 6:30 pm   25

So close to Last of Us, so that leaves me with two options: To buy it at a later date or cancel my Last of Us Joel Edition for the regular and buy this. Sorry Naughty Dog, but regular edition it is!

enzo_ferrari1 29 January, 2013 @ 6:32 pm   26

Any chance there will be a vita bundle for the game similar to Japan? I would buy another vita just for a red one.

Been waiting for this game since the unknown teaser before it was announced D= when will I finally be able to pre-order a physical copy?

24@flashmozzg_vt

i gone give u answord , i hope u understend .

in psn store u have lately new section where u are abel to set preorders ( to some games , i tink nowh ni no kuni )!!! but u need to see u have mony on the psn to buy game
1 day before ( if i am corect ) mony go of u id . then u are abel to download game on 00.00 hr morning .

ps to sony .i hope soon when u do preorders we can dowload +-1/2 days before then download key on day ith self !+ some lower digtale price then store ;)

27@ Btommo, lol
i tink lots of pers. not read tekst , them so happy about the game !

read tekst = “Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita launches in stores and via PlayStation Network across Europe on 1st May 2013!”

ps. 27@ Btommo

depents of the store u go !
1 = them want to sel game jes/no
2 = give them time to put game in data base of store , if not 1 month before u can forgeth it ( best if u ask stores if them gone sel , i already nowh i wil need digital to the reason , them not want to take risk )

Tenchuwoh 29 January, 2013 @ 7:12 pm   31

I can’t wait for this game!It will be the first game that i will preorder in my life.It looks stunning.I hope that i wont get dissapointed with the Online Conection though,please i don’t want lags :)

DiscworldDeath 29 January, 2013 @ 7:38 pm   32

Why is the USA going to get it March 13th, and we have to wait 7 weeks more?

Sad face :(

Chris Brown 29 January, 2013 @ 7:52 pm

The US release date is April 30th – so you only have to wait a few days in Europe :)

DiscworldDeath 29 January, 2013 @ 7:39 pm   33

Hm, unclear now whether it’s the Japanese only release date.

Anyway, I want it, take it in a good way ;) We’re all allowed some friendly kvetching.

Wraith_Bringer 29 January, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   34

Hi Chris,

Can you just let me know if Soul Sacrifice is actually going to be cheaper on PlayStation Network rather than a physical copy. I mean if it’s £39.99 in shops but its the same price or higher on the PlayStation Store then I’ll get a physical copy. I was happy that Silent Hill was cheaper on PSN but game prices are rediculous.

I’m totally aware that Sony’s PS-Store framework allows publishers to name their own price but keeping them to reasonable prices and proper devaluation over time. For example, Deus Ex was done really well and is now priced reasonably. But having games online for £57.99 all year round is a joke. They should not be sold for £57.99 anyway.

You do need to persuade publishers to accept more reasonable launch prices. A digital download is supposed to be cheaper and the parties get more money all round. So a price like that is rediculous when a sale in the UK will get you much more over the US, Canada and Europe sale because of the transfer market.

Please get back to me bud.

Chris Brown 29 January, 2013 @ 7:56 pm

Hey Wraith_Bringer, thanks for your Q.

It seems you’re not alone when it comes to wanting details on the price for Europe :)

But right now, I’m afraid it’s still TBC. But as soon as it’s locked, we’ll make sure we let you guys know ASAP.

Chaosprower 29 January, 2013 @ 7:52 pm   35

I like when preorders and limited editions come with the original soundtrack and other bonus stuff, but this one comes with…a Japanese language pack? I would rather like to know if it will come with Spanish voices.

@DiscworldDeath
the US get it the week before us, Japan get it in march.

@monoliet

I read the text I just want to pre-order asap as its a game I’ve been waiting for since It was first teased, UK sites are usually good and pre-order months in advance so want to pre-order asap and know when it is possible to.

Wraith_Bringer
u tekst

i agree 100% digital neet to be +- 10 € lesser then retail

only not so hapy on u tekst =

u not geting u already have beter service level to other europe contrys ?
i am also not so happy 10 dollar = not 10 € – but 7.44€
u see if them put expensife prices = lesser sale
but if u reach whith lower price lots more sale + geting more income = win win .

Played the Japanese demo. It was amazing! This game is as good as bought. Hope we get better box art than NA (it’s good artwork, but as boxart it’s too cluttered and busy to me). I love the covers for the double pack in Japan – especially the female character art. Will EU regions also have a “double pack” like Japan?

Aww would have liked a April release :(.

AlucardDHK 29 January, 2013 @ 8:49 pm   40

Any chance of pre-ordering the PSN version, or somehow having the pre-order bonuses available on the PSN version? I prefer having my games on the more travel friendly DD format and the collector side of me gives preference to getting the collectors edition when it’s available. Since the bonuses are in digital format, i see no reason not to include them in the PSN version.

Lunastra78 29 January, 2013 @ 9:43 pm   41

This game looks like a mix between Demon’s/Dark Souls + Monster Hunter. It might be the game that makes me buy a Vita!

anunnakid 29 January, 2013 @ 10:00 pm   42

2 days later than Us. OK, I’m game. Thanks for the amazing work. Any news of when the demo will be available?

ShadowDoGGG 30 January, 2013 @ 12:55 am   43

Am I missing something here?

Concept? It is Monster Hunter

Tsubaki_14 30 January, 2013 @ 1:31 am   44

damn, I don’t have a vita yet and saving up my cash for the very possible FFXIV:ARR limited edition, otherwise I’d pre-order it. I just hope the pricetag on the voice over DLC won’t be too much :c

NightRanma 30 January, 2013 @ 2:08 am   45

This game looks cool. So obviously I’m eagerly awaiting news of how Playstation Europe plans on screwing over Australia on it.

razordude 30 January, 2013 @ 8:16 am   46

So, charging for the Japanese voice track is to pay for what – the cost of recording the English track? I remember being able to switch between English and Japanese voice tracks on Dreamcast games like Sonic Adventure but I guess in the modern world we have to deal with “progress” like this.

Oh and one of your photos has disappeared from flickr.

rob_dee81 30 January, 2013 @ 9:08 am   47

first off thanks for letting us know its definitely coming to european shores, i was so happy i almost dropped my morning cuppa tea xD Secondly , to all you guys who are unsure about this still , i played the Japanese demo and WOW !! the game plays amazingly and the online was the best ive experienced , no lag at all :) this is THE game to own in May , trust me…… Personally i couldnt give a you know what about box art… they could ship the game to me inside some roadkill and id be happy lol

Aussieanima67 30 January, 2013 @ 9:11 am   48

Another game not sold in Australia. Thanks for nothing. Please let this game fail.

DarkCrusaderBE 30 January, 2013 @ 11:48 am   49

Will there be a PS Vita bundle with Soul Sacrifice or not? Because atm I don’t have a PS Vita but I would like the buy one with this game :)

rob_dee81 30 January, 2013 @ 11:56 am   50

@Aussieanima67 Just go on ebay and purchase a european copy….. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work that one out, ragnarock odyssey and persona 4 golden arr not out in europe yet so instead of coming on here crying and wishing for them to fail i bought the US versions off ebay …….problem solved

When companies could clean up by eliminating a lot of costs through selling more copies digitally at reasonable prices it is very puzzling why they overprice so consistently.

That said the support of stores is needed to get Vita’s in people’s hands so undercutting physical wouldn’t be the smartest thing to do.

Aussies, you know it is your pathetic governments control over you and strict laws and regulations regarding content that means you don’t get so many games? It’s idiotic to blame Sony and makes it look like you don’t have the brainpower to understand the actual issue.

SHIFTY_NIP 30 January, 2013 @ 12:22 pm   52

Will the EU version be compatible with the Japanese version for online or ad hoc multiplayer?

Unfortunately been burned by this before (EDF…) and would prefer not to find out the hard way!

Definitely looking forward to trying out the demo!

So, I have never pre-ordered anything in my life. This is the 1st game I actually want to pre-order. I guess I’ll have to do it via one of the physical stores, or is it gonna be possible via Soul Sacrifice website or something?

Aussieanima67 30 January, 2013 @ 4:23 pm   55

@rob_dee81,

See the problem is you don’t have to go out of your way to purchase any of the games released by SCEE, whereas “lesser” countries such as AU/NZ and others don’t get treated with the same equality. Both RO and P4G will be released in the UK, whereas its highly unlikely RO will get released in AU/NZ.

Lets face it; the vita is dying, and Sony are pretty much to blame with limited releases and prejudice against some of its consumers. Hence, I hope this game, and the vita, fails :) Good work Chris Brown!

Varyag_Ericsson 11 February, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   56

I have a one little question in my pocket. Is this preorder bonuses available only for those who will buy retail release, or for digital buyers too? Personally I prefer digital, as I live in Ukraine I do not have to wait retail game came to me via national post.
Maybe someone already asked this question.

Varyag_Ericsson 11 February, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   57

@Aussieanima67
Can’t say it actually dying, but disappointing players indeed. At least with only one active account, literally nailed down to your memory card.

When can we preorder Soul Sacrifice on PSN?