Posted 5:29pm

Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut for PS Vita/PS3 – new content detailed

8964459780_113a5d9bb1_o

Since Lone Survivor developer Japser Byrne announced the Playstation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions of the game back in March, both he and the team here at Curve have been working flat out to deliver one of the most unique horror games you’re ever likely to play.

Jasper will be joining Curve developers Sam and Hamish at the Sony area at E3 this week, where he’ll be showing off the very latest developments on the PlayStation version of the game, answering questions and revealing more information about the game, which is due to be released this summer. We are very excited to be demonstrating the very first playable build of the game at E3.

The original Lone Survivor was released last year on the PC and was well received by critics, scoring 81% on Metacritic, nominated for a Golden Joystick as well as other awards and official selections, and picked up by many sites as Horror Game of the Year. The soundtrack was also consistently praised.

For us at Curve, one of the best things about working on a game like Lone Survivor is that we get to take a game that people really enjoyed and use it as an opportunity for the creator to add even more content, and for us to take that and produce something that we believe is the ultimate version of the game.

8964460374_9641407d41_o

We work really closely with Jasper on all aspects of the game development, allowing him to focus on creating cool new elements for the game. That means bringing Trophies, Cross-Buy and Cross-Play support to Lone Survivor, but it also goes far beyond that…

Firstly, Jasper has put in over half a year’s work to bring new content to The Director’s Cut. As well as improving many smaller aspects of the original game, he’s added more than 20 new items, several new locations, new side-quests, new dialogue for all characters, several new pieces of music, a brand new movie-like lighting system and new flashlight effects, and even two completely new endings.

Secondly, we’re working on the little details that make a great game ever better, including a control system that perfectly matches the PlayStation consoles, smoother scrolling and movement, and all those little details that enhance the overall feel of a game. We’re also working on PlayStation specific features, like the ability to manage inventory through the Vita touchscreen.

If you’re lucky enough to be at E3, head down to the Sony area and say hello, but if you’re watching from home, expect even more news about the definitive version of Lone Survivor to follow very soon! Let us know if you have any questions during E3 and we here at Curve or Jasper himself will do our best to answer them!

8964459744_0445c7c903_o

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

13 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
YNA_p4u7 12 June, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   1

Does the game come with a Platinum trophy to unlock?

I can’t wait for this!

RoboAddy 12 June, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   3

I find it sad that people base their buying decisions on Platinum trophies.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 12 June, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   4

This looks brilliant! I think this come to a PS VITA cartridge (boxed copy) among other indie games! That’s the problem, there are loads and loads of Vita Indie games that deserve a physical copy in some type of compilation.
Also, is there a platinum trophy?

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 12 June, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   5

Can I preorder this? It looks BRILLIANT! I’m looking forward to the E3 videos too.

@3
Fair enough, but people care because it adds value to the game. Some people may find yourself sad, but they don’t tell you do they? They’re polite.

YNA_p4u7 12 June, 2013 @ 5:46 pm   6

@3

I own Lone Survivor on Steam already, I like collecting trophies so that is a huge plus for me since I’ve played this game already.
Also I’m asking this because Velocity Ultra and Guacamelee have platinum trophies to unlock and those are pretty much indie titles as well.

Looking forward to playing this on my Vita. Looks great.

GalapagosaraY 12 June, 2013 @ 7:56 pm   8

@3 Agree its quite bizarre some people actually plan their purchases because of this gimmick, the amount of games these days and backlog combined with how quick games drop in price and dlc amount for the biggest games i dont understand people would use their time on trophies at all. Im guessing some people only buy around 1-3 games a year or so though that they actually get fun out of this i cant really see any other reason or maybe because of their economy

@3

Not wanting to start a war here. I most certainly dont worry to much about trophies, but for alot of people its a whole new aspect of the gaming experience which brings with it extended gameplay and can be extremely challenging.

I for one can fully understand another players oncern over whether a game has trophies and I admire those who actually take on the extreme challenge of achieving them as well.

This game really looks interesting…cant wait for it!!!

solarwind12 12 June, 2013 @ 8:20 pm   10

@ 3. agreed. i really miss playing one game for ages, nowdays, if i am lucky/good enough to get a plat, it is more or less end of game.. and theres Way too many good games been put away just because i earned the plat, or worse had to give up as i couldn’t.

Great news! This game went under my radar during the initial release on PC and I never got around to grabbing it on Steam, but this Director’s Cut sounds like a good reason to wait some more. ^^

dogwalker4000 13 June, 2013 @ 8:31 am   12

Will deffo pick this up, heard too many good things about this not too.

As for the Trophy discussion, I can see why people like trophies, I myself have a fair few plats and it does indeed extend the gameplay but I can also see the point of view of people who they don’t really bother. Kinda silly there isn’t an option to turn the notification off in the settings…maybe something Sony should look into.

aros2011 13 June, 2013 @ 11:00 am   13

I’m so excited for this game – definitely a day one purchase. (Like so many other Vita games!)

Hopefully there are plans afoot to be able to pre-order and pre-load Vita PSN games as I would love to get home from work and get straight into a game on its release day.