Posted 7:35pm

Flower, flOw, Escape Plan and Sound Shapes coming to PS4/PS Vita!

Lead image 720p-w-Rays with TM

Hey, this is Nathan Gary over at Sony Santa Monica with some great news for PlayStation fans. For years, the team here at Santa Monica Studio has been pushing the boundaries of gaming with small innovative games. Now some of our best titles are making the jump to new PlayStation platforms, including PlayStation 4.

As some of you know from our previous announcement, thatgamecompany‘s Flower is coming to PlayStation Vita. Today I am happy to officially announce that it is also coming to PS4 and that both versions will launch in SCEE regions on Friday 29th November. Now this beautiful, meditative game can be experienced at stunning 1080p and 60fps.

20131014_141507_0086209220131014_142523_00302447

I’m also excited to tell you that Sound Shapes, the ground-breaking musical platformer from Queasy Games, will also be joining Flower in the PS4 launch line-up on 29th November.

SS PS4 2SS PS4 3

Flower isn’t the only thatgamecompany title making its way to new places. We are also bringing flOw to PS Vita and PS4. This is the first game TGC released and the one that started it all. It will release for both PS4 and PS Vita on 29th November.

Jellyfish2blue vs red manta

But wait, that’s not all. Escape Plan, the dark, funny PlayStation Vita survival game from Fun Bits Interactive, will be making the jump to the big screen and will launch on PS4 on 29th November. We have spent a lot of time reworking the controls for the DUALSHOCK 4 and can’t wait for you to get your hands on it.

Chad Cox-20131011-0037Chad Cox-20131011-0022

Finally, the games above are all Cross-Buy titles, meaning if you buy it on one system, you’ll be able to download it for free on any available system. Oh, and one more thing. If you have purchased these games previously on PSN, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

40 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

Nice that they are available if I bought them already! Thanks!

VitalogyPJ 16 October, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   2

Will ps vita Flower be free for those of us who got it for the ps3 already?

That’s great news all of the above are brilliant games and it’ll be nice to be able to play them on the PS4 at launch, all the better that it won’t cost anything extra to get them if you already own them on PS3 or Vita.

TrevDaRev321 16 October, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   4

No additional charge? AWESOME!!! :D

“Oh, and one more thing. If you have purchased these games previously on PSN, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge. Enjoy!”

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Was hoping to get Flower again on PS4 and the fact that I don’t have to pay for it again is all kinds of awesome. Thank you. :-)

voldemarove 16 October, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   6

Nice news! I already bought these games! Waiting for PS4 release!

HomessaHomem 16 October, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   7

Great news!

Epic news! Thank you Sony!

Sweet! Roll on November!

angrydot2 16 October, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   10

i already bought them all so thanks for the free ps4 games! especialy escape plan!

So I know already now that Sound Shapes shall be my first Platinum on the PS4? Worthy game for that prestigious position. :)

Hi

I purchased the journey collection that contained flow and flower on disc.will these games be available at no extra charge if you didn’t buy them as downloads off of the store?

nice , 2 more games i can play on mi ps vita / ps4

they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge. Enjoy! = ++++++++

Technogamer 16 October, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   14

cheers sony. i’m gonna have more games at launch for my PS4 than than my XB1 for far less ^_^

angrydot2 16 October, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   15

@xistg someome stole your sweet roll?! in november!?

Great news! I love Escape Plan :) 13.12.2013! #CZ #PS4

What about people who have Journey collection Disc?

WOW!!! :P Free? if you got the PS3 version? COOL :P

+ Any chance of bringing the AMAZING Journey to the PS4 soon to??? It’s gotta be done :P

+ Will probably buy ‘Escape Plan’ to for the PS4. Looks cool that game;)

pinkplaybunny 16 October, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   19

Cool, i do want to play Escape plan at some point.

Futureshark 16 October, 2013 @ 3:32 pm   20

Totally wonderful news, great job SONY!!

However,

The people have spoken and we want Journey on PS4!!

Please, please, please, please, please, please.

European_Gamer 16 October, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   21

What if I own the Journey Collection that include Flower and flOw?

Fred Dutton 16 October, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

Unfortunately if you own the disc version of Journey CE, Cross Buy will not be enabled for flOw and Flower.

If you bought the digital version however, it will.

silmorat1 16 October, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   22

This is fantastic news indeed!

andrewsqual 16 October, 2013 @ 3:36 pm   23

Absolutely incredible, I expected nothing less from Sony :)
@European_Gamer I own all the games digitally and still bough it all on disc just because :D
Seriously thought thank you so much for this Nathan. Can we get a 1080p 60fps trailer of Flower on PS4 perhaps? That would set the world on fire. :)

andrewsqual 16 October, 2013 @ 3:39 pm   24

For people asking about the disc version, you know that nothing can be done so why ask? How would they work this? All the digital content that came with the CE was even installed off the disc, there were no redeemable codes inside it. What do you think the answer will be?

sony i hope you also talk to team about zen pinbal 2 to have same posibelity
so we can play al old maps + buy new ones on ps4 / vita
tanks.

Red_Pyramid206 16 October, 2013 @ 3:54 pm   26

Nice! I hope we see a port of Journey to PS4 and Vita as well!

MartinB105 16 October, 2013 @ 3:55 pm   27

Amazing, especially Escape Plan on the PS4 and Flower and fl0w on the Vita!

I own all four and was planning to buy Flower again at the PS4 launch. It seems there’s no limit to how good things can become with PlayStation!

almighty-slayer 16 October, 2013 @ 3:56 pm   28

Well i would have been happy to pay again, but three-way cross-buy is amazing. Great work.

Technogamer 16 October, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   29

any word on how the trophies will be? e.g. getting a platinum for sound shapes on ps3 got you the vita one too if you played it. would we get a ps4 plat?

Fantastic, I’ve enjoyed ALL of those so far :-D Especially looking forward to Flower on PS4.

@24 ( andrewsqual ): Simple, make downloadable versions which only work when you have the disc in. FIFA, etc digital code upgrades only work with the PS3 disc inside, clearly the system can read and recognise PS3 discs.

This is a pretty big ‘screw you’ to people who bought the Journey collection on disc, as unlike other titles like Jak, it was MORE expensive to purchase this physically.

As it should be pointed out, the Journey Collection also didn’t even run off the disc. You had to install the games fully on the HDD to play them as if they were downloaded, except the game did a check that you had the disc in when you played them. So clearly there are open possibilities here.

DoYouLikeMyID 16 October, 2013 @ 4:30 pm   33

Great! I’d just wish Journey would come to PS4/Vita as well. But still, this is fantastic, especially with the cross-buy, so I’m not complaining :)

I just don’t quite remember if I bought Flower on this account, or my other one. I really hope it was this one, so I can get the Vita-version as well. Either way, I can get it on PS4! :D

cowbanana 16 October, 2013 @ 5:45 pm   34

I really liked both flOw and flower. I’m looking forward to playing them again on my Vita. New versions free to existing owners is great!

Nice little Brucie bonus to be able to play flower again when I do upgrade. Not so sure I’ll dip into flow again, but still impressed with the notion, pleased this is happening.

Top news !!

Amazing. Thanks I sure will enjoy

Great news. But the links to the Flickr screenshots say they images are private – would be nice to see the HD screenshots.

Already own Flower and Sound Shapes, so I’ll enjoy Flower on PSVita en Sound Shapes on PS4!

Escape Plan will be free on PS+ somewhere in the coming months, so I’ll enjoy that on PSVita and PS4, as I haven’t bought it yet. Win too!

Flow I’ll see if I get it down the road. Wasn’t on my wish list as its not as much as a game IMO, almost a screen saver with some interaction but hey, still cool it’ll run on all Playstation systems I own/will own with PS4 added to them soon.

Jack_Benoit 22 October, 2013 @ 6:30 pm   40

Any chance to get one day these great games in Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection ?