Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:30pm

Weekend Debate: What are your plans for PS4 launch day? (Update)

UPDATE: Thanks for taking part folks! I’m now officially hyped :) This week’s lucky Tearaway winners are… JezPSN, Coody-Baroody, MafiaCub, Alex-1124 and jonnyalpha. Congratulations! Keep an eye on your PMs on the offical forums – we’ll send your download code in the next 24 hours or so.

ORIGINAL POST: Okay, we’re in the final stretch! Just seven days to go until PS4 launches in 20 countries across the PAL region. Yes, soon this will be you:

Early next week we’ll be detailing our various launch events taking place across Europe and beyond, but in the meantime I’d love to hear what your plans are for launch day. Do you have a new console ritual? Have you taken the day off work? Are you composing a cheeky sick note for school? Or planning PS4 party perhaps?

Sound off below please! Me? Well, I’ll most certainly be here at my desk, but you can bet you’ll find me trying to climb out of the lower recesses of the Resogun leaderboards over lunch.

I’ve a cracking prize for the five most entertaining posts: a download code for Media Molecule’s wonderful new PS Vita adventure Tearaway, out today. Good luck!

Terms and conditions

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

209 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
turbogeek421 22 November, 2013 @ 4:33 pm   1

Finishing off Remember Me and watching the door for my day 1 delivery! Roll on Nov 29th!

Well im going to wait for the midnight launch outside webhallen in sweden.

Get home, swap out the hardrive, play with the interface, download resogun, play assasins creed 4.

I’m planning to get my pre-order copy at the midnight launch and after that it will be hard to go to bed.

wild_ride2010 22 November, 2013 @ 4:38 pm   4

I will be going down to my local game with my mate Carl for the midnight launch :) been saving for a few months and finally have about £515.00 to spend on the console and some games. Will be back at mine about 1230 to install the updates and then get gaming. Don’t expect to see me for a few weeks. I reckon I will be a bit comatosed in the run up to Christmas .

Skiving off work obviously and maybe the next week as well. I sense a bout of flu coming.

Sleep during the day and play during the night! Lots of killzone and anything else I can get my hands on.

In the meantime I’m dogging to campaign outside sony offices to see if I can get my day one order early and perhaps find out why they don’t support my pulse headset on day one.

twenty7LIVES 22 November, 2013 @ 4:38 pm   7

I’ll be pretending my day to day responsibilities don’t exist, of course!

I like the Idea of the debate thing as I can express my views on thing playstation with others but what I don’t like is I aint very good sometimes at saying what I mean, So I pretty much give up on these types of comps to try win anything as I know I wont

naughtyrobot 22 November, 2013 @ 4:39 pm   9

I have work but once I get the confirmation of it being delivered I’m going to change every clock in the building to home time and run home giggling like a child

Have blabbed the day off work and will be sat waiting for the postie to arrive! When he finally shows up I’ll be giving a Homer Simpson style ‘Woohoo!’ before setting up and switching on my new toy

MantaGTJ001 22 November, 2013 @ 4:39 pm   11

I am gonna be sitting at the window on Friday like a dog waiting for its master, ready to play NFS Rivals and MOST importantly Battlefield 4. CANT WAIT ! See you all there :))

RonVonDutch 22 November, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   12

I preorderd the PS4 from day one. When I recieve the new console next week I will check all the new features of the PS4 and download allot of games. Proberly I will end up playing Battlefield 4 at high resolution, 64 players and 60 FPS. It’s so hard to wait another week!!!! #GreatnessAwaits!!! :)

Win

Doh! That should of said blagged not blabbed! Stupid auto spelling >.<

XtremeGamerXD 22 November, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   15

Im going to be waiting at my door for my delivery and as soon i get my ps4 im going to play killzone, assassin creed 4 and playroom and download every free to play game there is!!

FatMachismo 22 November, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   16

I’ll be getting my order pre-paid up at GAME then I’ll in fact be working the midnight launch, going mental about how awesome it is to FINALLY have the PS4 in my grubby little paws.

Then trek home through the darkness, get this badboy plugged in and updated and then I’ll be shooting fools all night with my main homeslice Killzone: Shadowfall.

Not working on the friday (or all weekend ;D ) so will be blissfully playing Knack co-op with my fiance! All in all it’s going to be an absolute superb time. Much better than my all day wait for some other delivery today…

ps Resogun.

I’ve been toying with the idea of a Killzone marathon starting the night before. So that would be Killzone, Killzone Liberation, Killzone 2, Killzone Mercenary, Killzone 3 and of course Killzone Shadow Fall!

Hmm, looks like quite a lot of playtime now that I write them all down like that…..well perhaps just the main trilogy…on recruit ;-)

Cloudstrife500 22 November, 2013 @ 4:43 pm   18

i am sitting outside my local game store for 7 hours with my little brother weather forcast says it should be 3 degrees dont care though will be totally worth the wait and the cold then home for pizza and jack daniels while i play the whole night through the way that i have had it planned since the original announcement :D happy times ahead

salvogdaze 22 November, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   19

Watch some twitch streams and follow up with hardware issues in Europe, we still got 20 more days to get the PS4 over here… Hopefully I can snatch one on the launch day.

@fred my uk account is not recovered yet still waiting so entering on this account still hayzink :)

my plans are try everything lol

im going to film an unboxing as i have never done that before :)
then im setting up a twitch account and ill try my first live feed with resogun(which im planning to try plat in first 24hrs due to remote play basically giving me unlimited access to the ps4 shared tv time is a thing of the past)
i also plan to give twitter updates with screenshots via the share button of my progress as well as posting the platinum unlock vid to facebook.(i think i have the twin stick skills to pull it off)

after thats done i think ill be playing fifa a while, dont have 2 pads ordered so ill play local vs with me on vita via remote play while friends use the pad on the tv(so cool we can do that)

as i said on twitter im hoping amazon deliver early if they do ill be a happy man :)

follow me on twitter to see if i pull it off @hayzink

DeLucaFTW 22 November, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   21

This is the fist time i get to go to a console launch, so i’m obviously super hyped! I will be at my local store the minute they open, to secure my console and hopefully a copy of Need for Speed: Rivals. I can’t wait; greatness is almost here!!

Cloudstrife500 22 November, 2013 @ 4:46 pm   22

also my little brother is ditching college the day of launch saying i have taken ill and need at least a weekends worth of care i know it sounds terrible but it is for the greater greatness

sebbodes0 22 November, 2013 @ 4:48 pm   23

If my preorder doesnt arrive on launch day, i probably gonna hunt down some stores to finally get a console on the first day. IF i am able to get stuff, im getting Killzone for sure!

NikeJustDoItNike 22 November, 2013 @ 4:49 pm   24

Me and my mate are going midnight launch at our local GAME store. When I get back, I’m gonna play some killzone till about 4am. I plan to wake up at 10am (who cares for sleep?) and I’m having a day off college. My friends are going to come round mine and we’re going to do a FIFA 14 league together. When they leave and I have the rest of the day to my self, it will be a mix of Battlefield 4, Assassin Creed 4 and Resogun!

Can’t wait!

Sitting curled up in front of my door until it arrives, then spending all day (and probably all of Friday night!) getting stuck into Killzone! Also really excited to try Resogun and Contrast from PS+, and free to play games like Warthunder and Warframe! The worst thing is how painful the next week will be though.. Greatness awaits!

SethLord3 22 November, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   26

At launch im getting my gaming gear on! Gonna teach everybody on twitch how blacklight is meant to be played :3 preparing for ginormous marathon. its gonna be legendary! yes, i wont have to wait for it (much longer anyhow)

Silverfoxyy 22 November, 2013 @ 4:52 pm   27

Hi there! I am definitely going to throw a great PS4-party at home with my friends, ps camera, playroom and directly stream the party to twitch.tv! Lots of fun, playing games with friends all night and share with the world. It’s going to be AWESOME.

Can I ask when can we expect the Playstation app in Europe? I think Sony said it was becoming available for download today.

evilwitch83 22 November, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   29

Playing Super Mario 3D World on my Wii U.

Now I’ve answered your question maybe you can answer mine. Why were the PS3 IGC games cut from 3 to 2 while America stays the same and why were the yearly Vita games not changed? I am not buying any more games on my PS3 or Vita for the foreseeable future because of the way you are treating your EU customers.

Terrier7n2 22 November, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   30

BOOKED 4 days off work gave the wife 100quid to go shopping and leave me alone all day

DMETHRXANGEL 22 November, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   31

I’m going on a 3or4 hour train ride across the country, to meet up with some friend’s off of the psn. So the plan is for a few of us to meet up for the first time, and open a couple of ps4′s. We might try to do abit of streaming for a giggle as well, prepare for greatness.

Waiting4GodOfWar 22 November, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   32

My plans are to be a good boy and make sure all my outstanding work and chores are done the night before Launch Day. Then, in the morning, I’ll bring my two lovely daughters to their kindergarten as early as its doors open. Or even better, ask Wifey to bring girls to school instead: this way I’ll save time and drive straight to my local game store, where I’ll gladly ask the owner to “Shut Up and Take my money!”, while I walk out the door with my brand new, shiny PS4 under the arm. Then head home, unbox the Beast, make all necessary connections, download all necessary patches, connect it to my PS Vita, browse the new interface a little, and then insert my brand new copy of Watch Dogs and… Oh, wait… O_o

Pelekophoros 22 November, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   33

Got the 29th off work. I’ll be pawing at the door, staring out of the letterbox for much of it before settling down with lots of Pepsi Max and Wasabi Peanuts once it arrives. After hours of debauchery I’ll collect my son from school and introduce him to it.

On the Saturday I’ll take him to the park. And my Vita, leaving him on the swings alone and neglected as I test the remote play. Sunday I’ll make lunch or something, and then I’m off Monday through to Wednesday as well, sitting in my pants and indulging myself massively.

I’m Pele, and I’m 36.

Well, I’m not going picking mine up at midnight as I will have been at work all day. So as Friday is booked off as “holiday” (*cough cough*), it’s a 7.00 am breakfast at a popular fast food restaurant along with a good buddy of mine, followed by an 8.00 am pick up of our Mega Bundle pre-orders from our local Game store.

Once back at home it’s time to setup and update whilst renewing my Playstation + subscription. First stop after that is Resogun to enable me to get my adreneline flowing in preperation for a good long play of Battlefield 4 multiplayer before my boys get home from school.

Once their monopoly of the console is over, I’ll play the Killzone campaign until the small hours with some Twitch streaming for good measure.

Taken the day off work and will be playing Resogun AC4 and PlayRoom. Really eager to see what DoubleFine and some of the other indie developers have cooked up! An evening session on Killzone multiplayer will wind the day up nicely and let me check out party chat and Twitch!

dark_angel69 22 November, 2013 @ 4:59 pm   36

I need to work on release day. :( Seeing my post doesn’t arrive until 2pm, I guess work can help pass the time until it arrives. It takes me an hour to drive home so I will be back home again around 5pm. Hopefully I can sneak out of work early so I can get home sooner. On my way home I will be driving fast! Very very very fast! And will surely be beeping the horn to tell people to get out of my way so I can pass. Hehe.

I just got my Assassin’s creed 4 black flag for PS4 today! YES! But feeling very sad right now that I don’t have the console to play it yet. :(

For the next few days until release day, I will be working hard at home. Doing a lot of work so that when my PS4 comes, won’t need to do any work for a couple weeks after. Will have so much work done so I can pretend I done some of it each week. Shh don’t tell anyone that. Trying to do some work at the moment as I’m typing this but the game keeps staring at me. :(

My plan is to get up early. Wait around for my PS4. As soon as it arrived plug it all in including camera. Do the system update and sign into my account. First thing am going to do then is go to the PSN store. Start downloading PS+ games and the free to play titles. Then have a quick go of play room. Then onto my first real PS4 game Killzone. Then try out FIFA,COD,Battlefield ect. Then play until I can play no more.

First I will be going to school. After school I will swing by Gamestop pick up my PS4 and a copy of Killzone Shadow Fall and just enjoy the weekend and experience my brand new next-generation console. I would like to download some of the free games, like Resogun which should be so great. These 7 days are gonna be painfully long. Glad, I have some PS+ games to play. :)

Opt1mus76 22 November, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   39

On the 29th I shall be sitting by my computer waiting for the email telling me when the courier intends delivering my parcel. I will then proceed to mope around grumbling about how slowly the time is passing until it arrives. That is, assuming it arrives as DPD failed to deliver my PS4 CoD:Ghosts for launch day (its the principle) and then delivered my son’s Vita (Christmas present) to the wrong address. Knowing my luck, having taken some lieu time from work so there is someone home all day, it will arrive just as I have to leave to go into work. This will only amplify my frustration and I will be a miserable so and so at work. Probably biting peoples heads off (metaphorically of course) and kicking boxes around until home time. After which I will alleviate my frustration by shooting people on Killzone, Battlefield or CoD until some god awful time in the morning.
Alternatively, it will arrive early and I will spend most of my available time wiping the drool from my controller whilst blasting away on Resogun

November 29th – A date I have looked forward to for many many months now. Initially I was going to have to wait until Christmas but after negotiating with my wife we agreed I could get my PS4 on launch day.

So I needed a plan – should I take the day off work? Drats! I have no annual leave left this year! So I decided to take a sneaky ‘working from home’ day (hopefully my manager doesn’t read this!) and will be waiting near the door like an excited dog waiting on his owner coming home.

After opening the parcel with my heart pumping like a child at Christmas I will savour every minute, examining the console and controller from every angle. After taking my time to hook up the console to my nice big 1080p TV I will explore the menus, fiddle about with the settings and see how the new store looks. I will go through my friends list, see how the new apps look and have a look at what people are streaming.

After all this excitement I will activate my PS+ account and download and play Resogun which I expect to be a masterpiece. After getting a taste of next gen gaming I will see what a AAA blockbuster looks like by booting up Killzone for the first time. I will then spend the next several hours killing Helghast!

Can’t wait!

n1keman_SH 22 November, 2013 @ 5:05 pm   41

Got 2 weeks off work. So it will go something like this – Thursday night at 12, pick up ps4. Game. Sleep. Take kids to school. Kill stuff. Shoot stuff. Drive things. Save humans. Kill more stuff. Save a few more humans. Kill more stuff. Collect kids. Play with kids. Feed kids. Get kids on the PS4. Get kids to bed. Kill stuff. Drive things. Save more humans. Save the world. Slay monsters. Sleep. Repeat x 14. Back to normal life at work.

I’ll be sending the kids off to grandmas and my wife to the shops, locking the doors and taking the phone off the hook. Then settling in for a good few hours of shameless me-time with my new obsession.

I will Savior this special time and take it slow while we get to know each other but then it is Game-on with some Shadowfall and contrast until I am finally yanked back to reality.

Come on Friday!!!

discordia 22 November, 2013 @ 5:09 pm   43

Apparently ‘Dead Men Tell No Tales’, but my plans can be easily summarised in this photo I took – http://www.save-point.co.uk/random/ps4launchplans.jpg XD

evanom2003 22 November, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   44

Sitting in a dark room, sadly playing Tearaway(if I win) on my vita as I can’t get a PS4 just yet

BRASCO1979 22 November, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   45

I,m just going to open the box, set up the ps4 and then sit and play until my freekin thumbs develop rigor mortis

katamariEU 22 November, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   46

Getting up early, dashing into town to pick up my shiny PS4 bundle, dashing back home to drop it off, rushing into work, be constantly distracted while working thinking of the new games, looking at my watch all evening at the work Christmas party, getting home hung-over at 3am but conscious enough to set up my PS4, then play Resogun until the sun comes up and the birds begin to sing!

KaioRaven 22 November, 2013 @ 5:24 pm   47

What I’m gonna do the moment I get my PS4 is stresstest that remote play using my mobile network.

I’m planning on making a photo collage of me using remote play in weirdest of places using my LTE connection and playing Knack. There’s a skyscraper here in my city that I’d love to play Knack on! Gaming at high altitude baby, yeah!

I’m gonna have another look at my empty bank account and then turn on my ps3 :/ greatness will have to wait.

I’m gonna play some rounds of Killzone, play some Contrast, play some Resogun, play some Fifa…. Damn, and I have to work for school somehow….

CometOnFire 22 November, 2013 @ 5:30 pm   50

My day at work is canceled that day, so I will be at the store as soon as it opens, even thought I have preordered my ps4. I already made 2 game purchases as Fifa 14 and ACIV came out yesterday, and I expect to buy Killzone Shadow Fall at launch. Then im gonna cancel all other plans, turn off the phone and game all day. Have chips and candy and lots of cola to flush it down with. The misses will be tired of me before the weekend is over, in fact she already tired of my cobstant moaning about ps4

Load all