Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

Sing in 2014 with SingStar discounts

Facebook_SingStarNYE_600x338

Hi everyone. With Christmas party season in full swing, we’re offering a great selection of SingStar song packs at 39% off. As many of you know there’s a certain competitive edge to SingStar, so start practicing your singing now and discover how good you, your family, and your friends are!

Visit the SingStar section of PlayStation Store now, and take your pick from the following artists:

• Lady Gaga
  • Amy Winehouse
  • Billy Joel
  • Adele
  • Crowded House
  • Take That
  • Bon Jovi
  • Adele
  • Britney Spears

All these song packs are reduced from £5.19/€6.49 to £3.16/€3.99. Each song pack contains five tracks, so you’ll have plenty to sing in the New Year with. To download your discounted song pack head over to PlayStation Store before the sale ends on 8th January 2014.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

30 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
turbogeek421 20 December, 2013 @ 2:35 pm   1

I really wish these discounts were in place BEFORE the blog post goes out. I will be taking advantage of these discount when they DO get applied though.

^ This. Why??? Discount & then Blog about it.

Also, what a weak selection! From the entire Singstar Store, that is all you are going to discount? Pitiful!

Arkeologen 23 December, 2013 @ 1:21 pm   3

Any words yet on the issue with Pinball Arcade discount bundle for PS4?
Still unable to buy the PS4 Season one discount bundle, even though I own all the tables. The same goes for everybody else.
When will this be fixed?
Will it be fixed before Christmas?
Why has this problem occured?
Thanks for your reply, the sooner this gets fixed the better.

A Singstar post? A SINGSTAR POST! Guess what?

I would still prefer an option to delete/hide that insulting forced icon on my XMB. Still not forgiven. ;)

transpondster 23 December, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   5

Sales are good, nice to see it but…
SINGSTAR
ICON
FROM
XMB

bilalsouda 23 December, 2013 @ 1:51 pm   6

yeah just delete Singstar icon

icecrasher_zero 23 December, 2013 @ 2:04 pm   7

Delete. We do not need it.

Finka_Karfein 23 December, 2013 @ 2:33 pm   8

How about a firmware update allowing us to hide it or better: delete it! What use to have this installed without mics?!

JFCCMcDondy 23 December, 2013 @ 2:35 pm   9

top kek guys just ignore it. It’s like you hate singing. Stay madness.

TheFootster 23 December, 2013 @ 2:45 pm   10

I’m sure this will get ignored but please Sony, allow us to delete the Singstar icon from the xmb, or at the very least allow it to behave like the other game icons and move down the list if we don’t use it, I have no interest at all in Singstar and its the first thing I see every time I load my ps3, why are we forced into this? Why is one game given such prominence? It makes no sense to me, even if I did like it I wouldn’t want it forced to the top of my games list all the time.

GANTZn00b 23 December, 2013 @ 2:56 pm   11

the best xmas gift would be a removal option for the singstar icon from my ps3 XMB

TeddyBearTwinkle 23 December, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   12

YEA REMOVE THE STUPID SINGSTAR FROM THE XMB or il hook my ps3 up to my pc and remove it off my ps3 account and i dont care if i F*** my ps3 up

TeddyBearTwinkle 23 December, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   13

EITHER SONY REMOVES THE SINGSTAR ANOYING ICON or il remove it by smashing my ps3 up

TeddyBearTwinkle 23 December, 2013 @ 2:58 pm   14

REMOVE STUPID SINGSTAR ICON or il contact people i know and have the game banned from ps4 and have it shifted to xbox1

andrewsqual 23 December, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   15

Any sign of Singstar being brought over to PS4 anytime soon? I’m sure that it will be as simple as adding support for the mics (which probably work on PS4 already, I never checked).
Then it is just as simple as bringing the free App over to PS4 which would be awesome ^_^ And then all the DLC purchased already could be compatible too, make it happen Sony London guys and gals. Merry Christmas.

A_Nonny_Moose 23 December, 2013 @ 3:51 pm   16

Is there a reason why we can’t delete the Singstar app? Because it seems like there isn’t one, and yet I can’t delete it. It’s very confusing and annoying.

Mearehear 23 December, 2013 @ 3:56 pm   17

Yeah..never gonna buy anything Singstar related while that icon remains on XMB.

The SingStar icon is a lost cause, they don’t care anymore, and Nina Scherer probably didn’t lose her job or even got a promotion in the meantime :D

I… can’t… resist….

It’s over 1 year from when SCEE impudently invaded our personal space in XMB with this forced, undeletable Singstar thing. Over 1 year of enduring SCEE silence or uselless arogant PR answers about this. Will it ever change? Is it hard to understand that delete option (!!!) won’t harm customers who appreciates Singstar in their XMB, but make happy people who hates it?

Singstar installer belongs to PS Store, not in my XMB!!!

Robnorb17 23 December, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   20

Yep, delete the icon, never going to buy a song so get it off my XMB!

left4bread3 23 December, 2013 @ 5:00 pm   21

I’ll buy a song if you kill that icon on the XMB.

Mardolina 23 December, 2013 @ 5:34 pm   22

Huono_peleis 23 December, 2013 @ 5:54 pm   23

“You know they can’t delete it, right? Obviously they have a signed contract which prevents it from happening.”

Sony signed a contract with Sony? Makes perfect sense.

maxslither 23 December, 2013 @ 10:18 pm   24

Get rid of the icon please. This annoyed me from day 1, why oh why has it endured this long; no-one who plays REAL games cares about SingStar.
Take these comments as a hint sony please. You want to advertise? do it in your store, NOT the top of OUR games list.

transpondster 23 December, 2013 @ 10:20 pm   25

I can’t believe it’s still there… It’s been over a YEAR. Just delete it. Simple

Alphaembryo 24 December, 2013 @ 1:06 am   26

Delete Singstar icon.

As many others, I want Singstar icon to be gone from XMB, it is sitting on the top of my games I bought with real money as constant remainder that Sony can do whatever they want with their custumers.

And as Christmas gift to you Sony someone should (maybe I) bring this problem to European Commision, you cleary need some EU directive to follow in this case, because I bought PS3 in some state I was happy with and your stealth update (or downdate) made me very dissatisfied with your product. Not to mention EU is the only region who must endure your advertising shenanigans.

cink844i1313 26 December, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   28

singstar

MisterKIKI 30 December, 2013 @ 11:20 am   29

Ironically, I needed the Singstar icon on my new PS3 and couldn’t get it. But yes, I understand overwhelming feedback for the option to remove it. People want options.

Bumblebee 2 January, 2014 @ 11:27 pm   30

@24 “no-one who plays REAL games cares about SingStar.”

Speak for yourself. I have been gaming for almost 35 years; I’ve 150+ disc games for my PS3; I’ve plenty for Vita and I got my PS4 on launch day and have 4 disc games already (I’m not even including digital content). My PSN gamer rank is 16 and therefore I should be considered as someone who “plays REAL games”. I love my games. And I love SingStar, despite the flaws.

However, I too would like to see the XMB icon gone as I own SingStar and never use the XMB version. Not even for “convenience”. Because it is bugged beyond reason; I can’t use my custom wallpapers; can’t load previously created players from the disc version; and those spangly idiots on the wallpaper annoy me.

So, yeah, I’m a real gamer; AND I love SingStar.

But I hate that XMB icon too! WHO IS IT FOR? When even fans won’t use it?