Posted 2:59pm

PlayStation Store update: OlliOlli, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, more

First up this week, the brilliant OlliOlli, the cracking console debut from the talented team at roll7. It’s all about racking up mad combos using a mix of kick flips, grinds and other skateboarding magic, with a ton of challenges and “One more go, I swear!” feels to keep you occupied for a long time. Just try not to smash your face into the ground because that would ruin your combo. And it’s painful. It also has a launch week 20% PS Plus discount.

Elsewhere, gather up that Ki energy and turn Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z. Poster boy Goku and his friends (Vegeta all the way for me) are joined by new characters from the latest DBZ movie in delicious over the top multiplayer madness. There’s only one way to play and that’s free-for-all combat.

To top off the week, there’s a PS3 demo for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, a cracking bundle for acclaimed platformer Guacamelee!, and a bunch of Final Fantasy titles on discount today, so don’t miss them!

New PlayStation Network content

Content list is subject to change – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

OlliOlli – 20% discount (ends 28th January)

PlayStation 3

EP0700-NPEB01823_00-HDDBOOTPRODUCT01_en_THUMBIMG
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (available from 24th January)
Price: £44.99/€54.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in India

EP4173-NPEB01924_00-FORESTLEGENDSPD0_en_THUMBIMG
Forest Legends: The Call of Love (Trial available)
Price: £11.99/€14.99
PEGI: 12

EP4001-NPEJ00277_00-B000000000000919_en_THUMBIMG
Grid 2 Reloaded
Price: £39.99/€49.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine

EP2145-NPEJ00289_00-B000000000000941_en_THUMBIMG

PEGI: 16
Availability: Not available in Germany

EP4413-NPEB01394_00-ZOMBEERCHAPT1EUR_en_THUMBIMG
Zombeer
Price: £11.99/€14.99
PEGI: 16
Availability: Not available in Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Turkey

PS3 demos

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
PEGI: 16

PlayStation Vita

EP0700-NPEB01823_00-HDDBOOTPRODUCT01_en_THUMBIMG
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (available from 24th January)
Price: £29.99/€34.99

ComicStation
Price:£1.59/€1.99

Kick it! – football
Price:£1.39/€1.79

PS4 DLC

Killzone Shadow Fall

• Red Star Skin Pack (£1.69/€1.99)
  • Victory 101 Spotlights Pack (£1.69/€1.99)
  • Operation Archangel Voice Pack (£3.40/€3.99)

PS3 DLC

Dust 514

• Starter Pack (£2.3/€2.99)

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

• DC Comics Costume Pack 3 (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Catwoman Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Green Lantern Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Sinestro Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Killer Frost Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Aquaman Costume (£1.59/€1.99)

PES 2014 – Pro Evolution Soccer

• Stadium Pack (Free)

Rocksmith 2

• 9mm Parabellum Bullet – Atarashii Hikari
  • 9mm Parabellum Bullet – Punishment
  • Weezer – Buddy Holly
  • Weezer – Hash Pipe
  • Weezer – Island In The Sun
  • Weezer – My Name Is Jonas
  • Weezer – Undone (The Sweater Song)

Prices: £2.39/€2.99 each

PSVita DLC

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

• DC Comics Costume Pack 3 (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Catwoman Costume (£1.99/€1.59)
  • Green Lantern Costume (£1.99/€1.59)
  • Sinestro Costume (£1.99/€1.59)
  • Killer Frost Costume (£1.99/€1.59)
  • Aquaman Costume (£1.99/€1.59)

Muramasa Rebirth

• Genroku Legends – Fishy Tales of the Nekomata (£3.19/€3.99)

Soundtracks

BreakQuest: Extra Evolution PRO EDITION – Was £5.49/€6.99, Now £2.74/€3.49
Additional 20% PS Plus discount

Run For your Life Bundle – Was £3.49/€3.99, Now £1.74/€1.99

Availability change

Fate/EXTRA (PSP) – Now available in Norway

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

118 Comments 16 Author replies
Show oldest first

Pinball Arcade PS4 season 1 discount bundle is still broken.

It was half fixed a couple of weeks back, and Farsight said they’d contacted you about it not being properly fixed, and that it would be fixed soon…

Please just let us know if you have any intention of fixing it or not. This has been dragging on for six weeks now.

Are we going to be able to pre-order the Left Behind DLC for The Last of Us ?

In the US they can pre-order the DLC and as a bonus they get a theme and a digital comic. Are we going to be able to do that aswell ?

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 3:22 pm

It’s available to pre-order.

We haven’t got anything to announce regarding a bonus. Stay tuned on the blog for any such announcements.

jorispelgrom 22 January, 2014 @ 3:02 pm   3

Note: on the web store, OlliOlli won’t show for me, and in the Vita store, no publisher is shown/set.

guitardevil6 22 January, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   4

When will the Plus update for February be announced?

Silver-Seraphim 22 January, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   5

Yay Muramasa DLC I’ve been waiting for this.
Hey Jawad,
Any idea when the next one that just launched in Japan will arrive over here?

Please, please, please can someone make some calls to find out when Netflix will be available for the Vita?

Olliolli is freekin hard lol

Hoping the ps4 stuff starts launching soon, watched a the gameplay trailer for outlast today and I was pretty freaked out just watching it so I would be glad to buy it but seems to be our next ps4 plus game.

Hope we get a blog post soon giving details of games like hidden ponchos, 1001 spikes and mecenery kings etc I want to play my ps4 more but I can’t lol

no Toukiden demo…you’re kidding right?

cant wait to play battle of z :D its been too long since we got a new dragon ball z game.

@4 fred commented on another topic saying that they will announce them later this week,, thursday at the earliest.

mistachicken 22 January, 2014 @ 3:08 pm   10

As above , do we know when the ps plus update is coming?
Did i dream it or did i see on the playstation this morning that Metro last light and bioshock infinite is coming…..I can only dream x

Any word on Dragons Crown being discounted in the near future?

uberxtechnic 22 January, 2014 @ 3:09 pm   12

Vegeta is my fave, too.
I’m also hoping to see the Toukiden demo appear soon!

PLEASE fix the broken psvita store. Most games does not show up on sales pages and it’s been like this for MONTHS!

Hutchfull 22 January, 2014 @ 3:10 pm   14

Any chance of a UMVC dlc sale or a grand theft auto sale (esp the psp games)

Hi, noticing the Abe Boxx I was wondering when we will see a stand alone Munch HD in Belgium? It is part of the Oddboxx, but I own all the titles minus Munch, so I don’t feel like paying 19,99 to complete my collection…

I know Munch was postponed because of an unfinished french translation, but in the northern part of Belgium where I live (it’s another store even) that doens’t matter, as we like our games in English :)

Hi jawad,
No additional PS + launch discount for DBZ like US? :(

What a surprise. Pretty much absolutely nothing for the PS4 except really KZSF DLC that should be free anyway.

Guess PS4 owners had best get used to this for the next twelve months.

Massiv1027 22 January, 2014 @ 3:13 pm   18

Any chance for Rock Band Blitz in Poland?

Oh and no PS4 love yet again this week? :/

C’mon the momentum for the PS4 is super high right now,the least you could do would be to secure atleast 1 new ps4 game each week.

ZOGSLAYER 22 January, 2014 @ 3:14 pm   20

Thanks, Jawad.

ShadowGandalf 22 January, 2014 @ 3:15 pm   21

Definitely buying Forest Legends. I simply LOVE Hidden Object games. I wish more could be released for consoles.

jawad will syphon filter 2 ever re-appear on the psnstore and will syphon filter logans shadow ever get vita compatability over here?

pinkplaybunny 22 January, 2014 @ 3:17 pm   23

I was just looking in the new this week section of the store and i’m curious where all the random avatars come from? They don’t seem to be related to any game that i’m aware of. Can people design one and submit it for review for you to use on the store and then if people buy it you get a royalty payment each time or something? :-)

ShogunDarius 22 January, 2014 @ 3:17 pm   24

Any chance of a sale on Atelier Totori plus? Sumioni? Cladun 2?

thymeparadox 22 January, 2014 @ 3:18 pm   25

Any word on when we’ll be seeing the Toukiden demo, Jawad? America got it yesterday.

Thank you for the response Jawad was about to say for the love of Guo Jia have Tecmo Koei forgotten us >.>

No PS4 love again… oh well, maybe next week!

I3loodthirsty 22 January, 2014 @ 3:19 pm   28

When will we get the pre order for infamous second son on ps4 or is it like most things and us psn only

Jawad,
regarding DBZ is there one of those pre order character in it if we buy it from the store?

jamie-sixtyfour 22 January, 2014 @ 3:19 pm   30

Another rough week for PS4. I’m glad I only got mine near the start of the month. I’m not sure what people are playing when they’ve had their console since launch.

I’m nearing the tail end of 100% completion for Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. Hopefully Lego Marvel Superheroes can me entertained until some games launch on the PS Store.

I really want to give my money to PS4 developers, but there isn’t much out there. It’s not all doom & gloom though. I’m ecstatic with Resogun & Don’t Starve. DC Universe Online not so much…

Looking forward to future PS4 related updates though. This week was definitely a disappointment, especially with the FF sale on and me without a PS3 or Vita. :/

Now that TxK has been announced for the U.S store,when can we expect it?

Any chance of bringing the PSP version of ultimate ghosts n goblins to the European store, as long as it’s Vita compatible?

You_Better_Hide 22 January, 2014 @ 3:21 pm   32

Whoa, bit of a lousy update. Thought there would be more then… well this.

Also @Jawad, is it true that we get next bioshock and what not next month?? ONE month AFTER the USA… what gives?? Why are we getting it always ONE or TWO months after the USA, it is like they get the royal treatment and we get scraps.

Also heard that PS4 plus users get Outlast next month, or is that for the USA only too?? Care to answer any of these questions? Doubt you will, but Thanks anyway!

Fred Dutton 22 January, 2014 @ 3:25 pm

deadfolk_ie 22 January, 2014 @ 3:21 pm   33

Please can we get some information on the Lego Marvel DLC for PS4?

It’s available for PS3 and the PS4 version is available in the US.

I own the XBO too, and while the PS4/3 is my main console I have to give credit where it’s due. Microsoft have been releasing much more XBO content than the PS4, and worthy DLC for existing games too. Not just new textures and a voice change.

Hate the launch of a new platform (I never learn), and Sony’s track record has been dreadful over the years in this regard. The PSVita launch window made the WiiU look like a veritable game festival, and the PS4 isn’t looking that much better.

ShadowDoGGG 22 January, 2014 @ 3:23 pm   35

Where is the ps+ information? You guys said next week, last week. I presumed it would be the update day. What is taking so long? Usually you let us know ages before the month ends.

I3loodthirsty 22 January, 2014 @ 3:25 pm   36

At least we all this fresh content on ps4 today to make up for the typical fu from psn this time with the infamous pre order but oooooooh wait all I see on the ps4 store is dust and tumble weeds……its nice to feel appreciated ;)

Artemisthemp 22 January, 2014 @ 3:29 pm   37

Square Enix sadly confirm via Twitter, that EU won’t be getting Utsusemi Samurai Garb for Lightning Returns by downloading the demo (unlike US)

Thanks for the answer Jawad !

But since when can we pre-order the DLC ? Is that something that you added with this new store update ? Because I had a look around only a couple of days ago and there was no mention anywhere in the Store about a The Last of Us pre-order …

Sorry, when I said “The Last of Us pre-order” I ofcourse wanted to say “Left Behind Pre-order”.

This Blog really needs an edit function ;)

Jawad, any info on Soul Sacrifice Audio DLC? It’s been out in the US for months, but no word yet about it arriving here. Do you know anything more?

You_Better_Hide 22 January, 2014 @ 3:33 pm   41

The only thing that mildly interests me is the Muramasa Rebirth DLC. The rest is all scrap. So olliolli we have exactly 4 days to buy it when it releases on the 24th to get the discount when it finishes on the 28th? Zombeer, not available in Australia, so a big F.U. to us again from PSN, cause your to lazy to submit for classification, and yes it is your job since you are now the publishers for indie games… can’t expect them to pay for it, I hope we get Outlast for the PS4 (if you bother to submit, which you have not yet) or you better give us something in return.

Graffin_G 22 January, 2014 @ 3:33 pm   42

There’s something wrong with Skylanders Swap Force on the PS4… it won’t connect online, so you can’t view the leaderboards or get the newsworthy trophy (PS3 version is fine).

Will we get the discounts on Sound Shapes, Kickbeat and other musical content the US Store got this week?

You_Better_Hide 22 January, 2014 @ 3:35 pm   43

@39 – agreed, this blog needs an edit function… Have to write two rants on here because i accidentally pressed enter on my last one. What is it 1991? Blogs have edit buttons these days Sony, come on.

CreditDue 22 January, 2014 @ 3:37 pm   44

When can we expect more info on Planetside 2?

Every store update makes me that little bit more sad with my ps4. Absolutely rubbish again this week. Wish I waited…

@ l3loodthirsty (36)

An example of how bad things are becoming:

I was in CEX last Saturday buying some BluRay movies, and the lad next to me was trading in his boxed PS4. When the shop assistant asked why he was selling it, the lad simply said “Games…I want to play some and the PS4 doesn’t have any”. He then proceeded to trade in the PS4 against a 360, a PS3 and a stack of games.

Although he did say he intended on buying another PS4 next year, all the games he wanted for the PS4 this year were PS3 games anyway albeit slightly upgraded and costing more.

I certainly see his point, and the previous owners of another three PS4′s CEX had for sale clearly felt the same.

You_Better_Hide 22 January, 2014 @ 3:40 pm   47

Thank you for the answer Fred, i think… But you completely disregarded my question as to why we get it later after USA…

You guys said last week that this week will be the Plus update, you guys go in circles too much, just post it up here alreaddy, it is leaked all over the net any how.

You lucky i have Don’t Starve to keep me busy, or the PS4 would be collecting dust due to the Lack Luster of games. Finished Killzone, and Black Flag. Now awaiting inFamous, which still is 2 months away. :(

Huono_peleis 22 January, 2014 @ 3:42 pm   48

“We’ll be announcing the February PS Plus update tomorrow – stay tuned for details.”

You allready did. There’s an ad on the SEN store.

Gonna grab the weezer songs for rocksmith

jawad : any chance of seeing these games on IGC anytime soon?

PS3 : WWE 2k14 , Ni no Kuni , injustice , batman arkham asylum ,

PS VITA : Little big planet , ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 , epic mickey 2

Keep up the good work!!!

Btw there seems to be a bug in the PlayStation app. I cant post comments via there. Could you look for a solucion please??

THE PLUS GAMES HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED !!!!!

I’m currently browsing the webstore and on the right hand side of the screen there is a banner saying “Coming soon to PS Plus”. It mentions 4 games :

- Metro: Last Light