PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 16:05 on Thursday 11 August 2011 until 02:00 on Friday 12 August 2011, BST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

• PlayStation Store on PS3 and PSP.
  • PlayStation Network Account Management.
  • PlayStation Network Account Registration.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:05 on Thursday 11 August 2011.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

If you have any questions about this down time, feel free to visit the official PlayStation Forums at community.eu.playstation.com where you can post your query and a member of the Community Team will get back to you.

For the latest maintenance updates, visit the PlayStation Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com, keep an eye on our Facebook page at facebook.com/SonyPlayStation and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/PLAYSTATIONEU.

57 Comments
0 Author replies
Shou_Kobayashi 10 August, 2011 @ 14:24

Thanks for the Heads-Up :)

Carnivius_Prime 10 August, 2011 @ 14:26

Well I neeeeed to be on PSN at thursday midnight for a particular reason so it looks like I’m gonna be having to leave my PS3 on all that time even though I won’t be about til late. So much for saving electricity. Cheers for the notification though.

So the logical decision would be to put the stuff up on the store earlier right?

I dont know why they cannot do this when people won’t actually be playing like in the early morning? That time is when most play online.

@4 Because if they did it any other time it would inconvenience the US and Japan, Europe is just short-change to Sony.

Guri_Tricolor 10 August, 2011 @ 14:32

i don’t get this… is it wrong to assume that most people play at night? why don’t do these maintenance from early morning till the afternoon?

Nice timings for the US users yet again !

“In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com.”

Lol I can’t do that since the hack with my original account.

DARREN200COOK 10 August, 2011 @ 14:40

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARREN200COOK 10 August, 2011 @ 14:42

In peak gaming times- we EU deserve more respect. “But the downtime resolves issues with the 3.70 patch” “Oh- ok then” ;)

Singelplayer for tomorrow guys unless you don’t logg out for 10h

So james mait why is there a matinence? new features? its like 10 hours, it would be great if you could tell me whats gonna be added thanks :)

also any news on the avatar problem? cheers.

IM WORRIED!

psn keeps sighning me out alot even though my internet is 100% heck i even use 2 difrent internet connections: it better not sign me out :( i dont wanna go a night without psn :(

16.05 is 4.05

@James

why does it keep sighning me out?

CANT WAIT FOR WEEKEND DABATE!!!!

@ Carnivius_Prime

i always keep my ps3 on anyway :)

@AndyBeans

read what Guri_Tricolor said.

James if you read this could you please answer the following question:

Why does SCE follow a regional method for sales and marketing while pursuing a global model when it comes to operations?

The consequences of regional sales and marketing have already been discussed at length so I’ll skip that in the interest of keeping this post short, but it appears operational decisions such as network maintenance are made on a global scale and obviously come from SCEA. Hence why the maintenance cycles all occur during US office hours where the customer impact is minimal but has the unfortunate side effect of being after-work hours for us when the demand is highest.

Surely it must be possible to either A: change the way maintenance happens so that it can happen regionally we can have our maintenance when the demand is lowest rather than highest or B: rotate the beginning times by 8 hours so that each region takes it in turns to be “cut off” from the network during peak times.

I’m sure other rea...

Show full comment

James if you read this could you please answer the following question:

I’m sure other readers will be interested in any answer you can give, especially on the question of adapting network maintenance to better suit Europe.

@Jaaay2k

people like me might get autematicly signed out :(

Just for ONCE can you schedule these things at a time that won’t affect European gamers most!? Just ONCE…

@TrueMurton

you need to relize if we all get matinence at seprate times people will be complaining saying

“oh they got new features 1st” or “SCEE is so behind the rest”

what people got to do it apreciate what they got and stop hating on SCEE.

SORRY I MEANT @TrueMurton NOT @Jaaay2k

@greekgoddj

stop complaining! your lucky you can still play online.

If this means the remaining countries finally get the videoservice as promissed in the gamescon of 2009
Yes im happy
Else i wonder what lousy presentation we’ll be getting this year

Now listening to cock robins: remember the promiss you made

Yes why a maintenance a long one when there was new features added today doesn’t make sense, we getting 3.80 next week at gamecoms :P

the golden rule: a long maintenance follow by a update you should know that sony.

james keep up the good work for not answering lol ;)

egnore my number 23 comment.

@ Davie

When that maintenance is launch a new feature that’s fair enough that clearly needs to be global, but when it’s just generic server maintenance? why not stagger it so everyone can still play?

Or rotate the timing so each region takes it in turns to be cut off. Seems reasonable to me. I appreciate the PSN and all the stuff we get with no extra cost, it just strikes me as strange that SCE (not SCEE) seems content to continuously alienate its most lucrative market at every turn. Between the content differences, pricing differences and maintenance timing Europe gets a pretty raw deal, I’d like to see some improvement on that front if possible or if it isn’t possible I’d like to understand why. Surely you feel the same way.

@Skookie30

maby we will get new features added after the matinence, after all its like 10 hours.

i agree, its wierd that sony has put update before matinence and all before gamescom? i wonder what they gonna talk about at games come, not a new update when onb has just been done.

i gues wer all gonna have to wait :D

@TrueMurton true but fact is atleast we can still play online during matinence, lets just hope it dont sign us out atall.

just to let you guys know: im going off for abit but il answer people when i return.

DAVIE222 sure does talk (type) a lot lol

@alc_the_talc

maby because im a good guy who likes to help people.

For all dutch people still wondering about the Identity theft program:

But obviously still no official information from sony…

acousticguy92 10 August, 2011 @ 16:18

@James Gallagher. Hey, I was just wondering when the code for Section 8: Prejudice was going to be sent to my private message inbox?

I’m only concerned about the time as I have peak and off peak downloads, and need to download this game sooner rather than later haha.

@acousticguy92

if you mean the weekend dabate code then you should have gotten it ages ago.

acousticguy92 10 August, 2011 @ 16:34

@DAVIE222 I know your intentions are good, but 80% of the comments you have posted have not been helpful.

I am aware of what I am referring to, and just wish for this comment to stay as noticeable as possible so I don’t miss out on winning such a good looking game.

Thanks again to the judge and PS Blog for the game (once I get the code lol).

thanks for the heads up james im probably out tomorrow from than any way so it wouldn’t bothere me im likein th New update by the way :D

@acousticguy92

i am FULLY aware of my comments today, mostly i help people on the blog but with this blog page i just wanted to answer people, please know im not trying to help, but when i do you know about it.

the reason why i comment alot on the blog is because i want my psn name known and i just like to comment back to people and i get board easly :)

cone_donkey08 10 August, 2011 @ 17:21

@truemurton
Spot on with your thinking m8 I love my ps3 and stood by Sony without complaint throughout the hacking (more than I can say for alot of yanks). I can’t help but notice that America takes priority when it comes to maintenance and your suggestion would be fair to everyone. Please Sony listen to Europe for a change!!!!

@cone_donkey08

same here mait, infact due to the psn outage i got about 100 trophies so its kind a good thing it happend, i find it funny how 10% of psn users went to xbox just because they couldnt play online :D how desprate.

@DAVIE222 you talk too much ha

@laro87

so? i dont care, if you got a problem with me talking then dont say anything. :)

@DAVIE222 Please try to post fewer comments as many questions and requests will not be noticed or read due to your comments taking up a large % of the section. Thank you.

I say Davie222 should be a sony rep he answer you lot much more then mike kebby & ross & even the ever so softly grace SCEA store put together lol.

on the subject i dont think it be any more features, they maybe working on the rumoured new store design or the PSN-PASS they both need maintenance & testing.

but i will Wait with my home-made butter coated pop-corn. :)

to be prove right or wrong. :D

oh yes SCEA & SCEJ is not effected by the maintenance so it due to gamescom.

guitar-hero_6 10 August, 2011 @ 21:07

thanks for the heads up

So can we sign in after 4pm? Becauae last time they said u have to stay online and i didnt, just came home & signed in.

THE_RING_PIRATE 11 August, 2011 @ 03:46

Crap timing again for us in Europe. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

chrisredfield_97 11 August, 2011 @ 09:10

hey guys plz fix the issues for resistance 3 beta and we want video store in greek ps store plz put a videstore in our country

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history