Deathmatch Village brings redneck MOBA action to PS3 and PS Vita

Deathmatch_Village_logo

Greetings PlayStation Blog. Here at Bloober Team, we think it’s high time you unleashed your inner dem… errrm… your inner redneck! Get ready for Deathmatch Village!

Chock-full of frenetic three-on-three arcade action, this free-to-play multiplayer game is a breath of fresh air for the whole MOBA genre. No more run-of-the-mill fantasy worlds – this is the real deal. Enjoy the unique visuals while you blast and hack and shred and… well, you get the idea. Choose from a wide array of weapons and clash with your opponents in totally insane modes!

And when you feel that a brief respite would be welcome, visit your very own village to customise your redneck tough guy (or gal), learn crucial skills, grab tons of useful (and often devastating) items or simply recharge your loyal donkey companion.

DMV_promo_art_NEW

What are you waiting for? Snatch them piggies!

Our closed beta starts really soon! If you’d like to take part in it, feel free to contact us at beta@freekygames.com (who knows? you might even win something!). We’d love to hear from you guys. After all, you’re the reason we create these games, so help us make them better!

Game features

• Available for free! One of the first F2P titles for PS3 and PS Vita
  • Dynamic three-on-three multiplayer battles
  • Innovative Cross Play and Cross Save support
  • Dozens of weapons, items and skills
  • Customisable characters to level up and master
  • Unique redneck design
  • Interactive arenas
  • Compelling Pig Hunt and Pig Race modes
  • Your own village with multiple buildings to visit – from the herbalist’s shop to the training ground
  • A trusty donkey for everyone
  • Pig-snatching!
23 Comments
7 Author replies

Looks like a fun game to me :) I’d like to see a trailer or some gameplay.

Thanks.

Looks interesting. Is the beta for both PS3 & Vita?

Michał Bochenek 18 February, 2013 @ 15:27
2.1

Hello all! The beta is PS3 only.

flaming_fist_17 18 February, 2013 @ 15:26

GOOD … that’s what we want MULTIPLAYER games …

i like your last game A-MEN …

THANKS

“Your own village with multiple buildings to visit – from the herbalist’s shop to the training ground” – Sounds like Farmville.

Michał Bochenek 18 February, 2013 @ 15:47
4.1

Far from it :)

Sounds like a really interesting game, and F2P as well! So, what’s the business model? Added weapons, skins etc for sale? (you have to make a buck SOMEHOW)…
I’ll send you a mail, as I would surely like to help you with the beta.

MordecaiHunter 18 February, 2013 @ 15:40

“Redneck MOBA Action” You now have my full attention sounds fun,

Is there any gameplay videos ? I went on youtube but the game title Deathmatch Village only brings up pages and pages of that game COD

Michał Bochenek 18 February, 2013 @ 17:06
6.1

No gameplay videos yet but you may expect something much better really soon… (does it sound mysterious enough?)

i like the sounds of this and have already emailed you my interest in taking part.

Finally someone got it right, a MOBA must be F2P. Even on consoles.

Awesomenauts did some things quite well, but had the burden that it was the first of its kind and had a price. Guardians of Middle-earth did cost something and added an horrible network code. Kudos WB.

So congrats Bloober Team, you already made one good decision by going f2p. If you don’t fall for p2w, your future shines even brighter. ;)

Sounds good,and being free play will mean my brother and I will put some time into this.

It’s funny,the other week we were talking about how a free to play God Of War MOBA would be a good launch for next gen hardware.

a free 2 play cross play game?!?! holy F!
im so ready!

Michał Bochenek 18 February, 2013 @ 16:48
10.1

You’d better be! :)

Well, that sounds interesting. I will stay tuned. And according ist f2p I will definetely give it a try

As long as it’s not a pay to win game I will give it a try when it releases.

Michał Bochenek 18 February, 2013 @ 16:45
12.1

No worries – it’s going to be a strictly skill-based title :)

E-mail sent ;-)

No Vita Beta? :(

Michał Bochenek 18 February, 2013 @ 16:57

Also, make sure you follow Freeky Games on Facebook (http://on.fb.me/XXSvsy) and Twitter (@FreekyGames) to keep up-to-date with the latest news!

supersmith2500 18 February, 2013 @ 17:00

Have to agree with kivi95. Most FTP titles have PTW content and Home games have it. If it’s skill building to win. I’m fine.

can you tell us which month the Beta will start?

Very interested in this! Moba on a portable gaming device sounds perfect!

Will it be available in all regions? Such as AU/NZ?

Michał Bochenek 19 February, 2013 @ 11:35
19.1

We have plans for AU/NZ as well :)

I’m gonna support it, no doubt. I want more Polish games on Vita :) This is already the third one coming from our country :) I hope it’s going to be good with Vita-level graphics.

This sounds like a lot of fun! I hope it’s similar to Awesomenuts!

I just sent email :) can’t wait :D

Will this have an offline mode with bots? I love the idea of a MOBA on the vita but I only really use my vita when I’m out and have no Wi-Fi.

Michał Bochenek 20 February, 2013 @ 09:29
23.1

I can’t give you any exact timeline but we’re definitely not forgetting about offline users. Not all the features may be available immediately, mind you, as there are anti-cheating issues to consider so we can’t promise a fully functional offline mode from the get-go. We wouldn’t like to have cheaters, would we? :)

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history