Posted

SingStar: Ultimate Party release date and track list announced for PS4 & PS3

The singing game sensation returns to your screens next month

Earlier this year we announced that SingStar, your favourite singing game for PlayStation, was coming to PS4 in 2014. We can now also reveal the brand new version of SingStar and the SingStar Ultimate Party disc will be released on 29th October 2014.

There’s also been a lot of speculation about which songs will appear on the new disc and finally, the moment you’ve been waiting for has come. It’s with the greatest pleasure that we can reveal which 30 hit tracks you will be singing on SingStar: Ultimate Party on PS3 and PS4 very soon.

Check out the fantastic tracklist below.

• 5 Seconds of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
  • John Newman – Love Me Again
  • Kylie Minogue – Can’t Get You Out Of My Head
  • Lady Gaga – Born This Way
  • Lionel Richie – Hello
  • Lorde – Royals
  • Naughty Boy Feat. Sam Smith – La La La
  • Olly Murs – Dear Darlin’
  • One Direction – Best Song Ever
  • One Republic – Counting Stars
  • P!nk Feat. Nate Ruess – Just Give Me A Reason
  • Paramore – Still Into You
  • Pet Shop Boys & Dusty Springfield – What Have I Done To Deserve This?
  • Pharrell Williams – Happy
  • Plan B – She Said
  • Selena Gomez – Come And Get It
  • Swedish House Mafia Feat. John Martin – Don’t You Worry Child
  • The Lumineers – Ho Hey
  • TLC – No Scrubs
  • Train – Drive By

Don’t forget that when the time comes you’ll also be able to use your smartphone as a microphone with the free SingStar app for iOS and Android.

You can pre-order SingStar: Ultimate Party here:

And while you wait for the big day to arrive, why not come and visit us on SingStar.com, Facebook and Twitter @SingStarHQ.

SingStar PS4_2D Pack_ENG

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

53 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

VictorAnalogy 16 September, 2014 @ 3:35 pm   1

Whining about it appearing by default on PS3 in 3…2…1…

johnnycide 16 September, 2014 @ 3:43 pm

I’m going to go against the trend by moaning about the tracklist instead. It’s vile. It’s the most dismal, bland and safe collection of autotuned elevator music I’ve ever seen. It makes my local radio station’s play list look like an expertly curated play list of fine, old school 90’s hardcore punk. It’s what people who don’t give any thought whatsoever to integrity and credibly listen to.

I’m not a fan anyway.

zalwelgoedgaan 16 September, 2014 @ 7:10 pm

Jog on, you brown noser. Go to the American Blog and tell them that they should have mandatory SingStar too.

Sony, please remove the disgusting Singstar icon from my PS3. Singstar represents everything I find vile and revolting about pop-culture. Just look at the sheeple in the banner for this article… ugh!

Just let us delete that abomination! Is that too much to ask? You’re NOT winning friends/users by shoving that thing in our faces. Some of use don’t like cultural vomit. I know it’s hard for people like you to understand, but it still remains a fact.

My children have to look at that icon when they play the PS3, I want to shield them from cultural garbage so that they may grow up to be well balanced, socially intelligent individuals.

Alphaembryo 16 September, 2014 @ 3:36 pm   2

The only big day Im waiting to arrive is the day this disgusting icon of yours disappears from my console…

Waschroe2507 16 September, 2014 @ 3:37 pm   3

What about all the songs, that I had already bought for Singstar on PS3? Possible to transfer or use these songs? This would be a helpful and great service

Chris Bruce 16 September, 2014 @ 6:18 pm

If you have bought a song on PS3 and it is available on PS4 then it will be free to download and play.
    We are working with our licensing partners to make as much content from the SingStore available on PS4 as possible, watch out for more on that soon.

Will we have a SingStar native “app/game” on PS4 just like we have on PS3 for transfering all my songs?

Make Singstar icon removable on PS3!

Literally all of those tracks are trash. Not music.

Please come to NA!

It is going to NA but the difference is the App will be free over there. We have to pay full price and get a load of songs no one is happy about. They get it free and use the money to buy songs they really want.

Oh and on top of that you may as well throw away all your PS2 and PS3 SingStar discs as they won’t be working. Apparently PS4 can’t read PS3 discs, apart from when it does things like check the original PS3 version of a game like Battlefied 4 to make sure you’re eligible for the digital upgrade.

If you’re cutting functionality just tell us the truth, don’t treat us like idiots.

Chris Bruce 16 September, 2014 @ 6:11 pm

Hi, the app will be free to download in NA and across Europe / Australia/NZ.
    Or you can buy the disc with 30 songs – your choice. 🙂
    Disc swap unfortunately won’t be available on PS4.

Fantastic about the free app, will it be released at the same time?

Chris Bruce 17 September, 2014 @ 10:14 am

Yes, the free version of the new SingStar will be released at the same time on both PS3 and PS4.

withe iphone coool

williamhughes 16 September, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   10

i hope you can still use the normal mic.

Dante_Zero 16 September, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   11

Will there be a lot more track updates with newer songs cause the updates for the last year or so have been terrible. I really want some awesome tracks from modern times.

jamie-sixtyfour 16 September, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

I’m quite the opposite. I was really interested in this idea, especially with the smartphone controller mic. However none of those songs remotely interest me. They’re a bit too modern for my tastes.

Oh well, I guess I’ll have to wait for a soft rock classics or the obligatory Queen DLC.

What’s going to happen to the hundreds of songs I have downloaded? Can I use them on the PS4 version?

Chris Bruce 16 September, 2014 @ 6:14 pm

More news on this soon. We are working with our Music Licensing partners to make as much content from the SingStore available on PS4 as possible.
    If you have bought a song on PS3 and it is available on PS4 then it will be free to download.

Please don’t troll us Sony, and don’t make it an unremovable icon, just like with PS3. We already have to deal with the Playroom, even if there’s no PS camera, sigh.

I would give the game a try and start a home party if it wasn’t for the soundtrack. I mean, since we can buy many other songs as DLC, wouldn’t it be better if we could choose the 30 songs we like to begin with, instead of forcing this list down our throats? I don’t care about Lady Gaga or P!nk.

You can do that.
    Don’t buy the disc version but instead download the free digital version and purchase whatever tracks you want from the SingStore.

Stonesthrow 16 September, 2014 @ 4:59 pm   15

So is this going to get an unremovable icon/app that comes in front of all the others and even acts as a horrific opening screen, eventhough I’d never sing or get a game based on that? <3 Jk, adding to the pile :p You stay away from me!

No forced PS4 icon please 😀 (well everyone was thinking it) 😀

With the removal of being able to use the ps2 and ps3 discs on the ps4 version, plus not all bought songs from the singstore being available it feels like a big kick in the teeth to all those who made singstar a success in the first place. By my reckoning if I wanted to replace my disc songs with ones bought from the singstore it would cost me over £1,000. As someone who was looking forward to this… I can’t help but feel disappointed.

*Clears throat*

♫ Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do! ♪

Chris, last time on “SingStar coming soon to PS4 with free microphone app” blog entry, you completely ignored all questions about forced PS3 Singstar icon. Why are all of you affraid to answer? So again – can we expect SCEE to make this anoying, forced, irritating and insulting thing in our PS3’s optional? Freedom of choice, you know, like first class customers in North America.

Why your company refuse constructive discussion for whole two years? Silence and ignorance won’t solve anything. It will only make things worse.

I second this. It’s really embarassing. There were reports about its removal for some users but they were false. “it is staying” like ms. Scherer once said.

Funny thing, SingSpam dissappears from XMB if you restore default settings on PS3. It is not on the menu up until the moment you log into PSN…

Instead of a disc full of songs people don’t like, or certainly a large proportion of them, why not allow a free choice of tracks from the store? That way you get 20 or whatever tracks that you actually like and not a list of chores to undertake.

This may be unpopular, but I say well done Sony for the song list…. you’ve finally understood what I consider to be your target market. I may not like the songs personally, but the majority are current, chart based and popular – my kids will love it and that means more purchases from me. Too many of the PS3 SingStar releases tried to cover all genres and eras.

MEAN_LIKE_DIS 16 September, 2014 @ 10:35 pm   22

sooooooo will there be “MUSIC” with this game? SMH on the song choices :-/ Can we get some classic rock? 90’s alternative like Alice in Chains? SOMETHING?

Will all these songs be available to buy from the store if I do not wish to purchase the disc version?

No Idina Menzel’s version of Let it go?!

I loved this on PS3. I wonder if they will make it interactive with Twitch. It would be nice to see some interactive voting with the streams!

I_iz_deano 17 September, 2014 @ 7:30 am   26

ok so i gotta ask, if say all the songs ie: the near 400 ive bought over the faithful years don’t become free on ps4, will i still be able to use them all on ps3 or after ive downloaded most to ps4 or only the ones that’s not on ps4, your licensing sucks which is why ill probably stick with the ps3 version. My main problem also is all my songs are on an old profile, will all songs be usable to all users of the ps4 version or just the purchaser thanks if i get a decent helpful to me answer, good bye if not Deano…

Nice songs but I hope that I can use the discs from PS3. I know that swapping is not possible but maybe we can download the songs to the cloud on PS Plus. And then download it to my PS4. Otherwise all the discs that I got (4 or 5) are useless.

Will there be a digital copy for PS4 ? On release date ?

RyanSufc1997 17 September, 2014 @ 10:45 am   29

Can I buy a microphone as well, or is it only compatible with phones? And will there be any free songs/trials in the free version or is it all paid DLC? Thanks, and I can’t wait!

why dont make great games anymore since Eight Days and gataway got axe you seem to stick to makeing singstar.

why cant you make Eight Days for PS4 and make other new games than SingStar but recording to sony Eight Days been put on hold and it been in dark for years. :[

PS you where a great game company until keep makeing Singstar.

Please remove the disgusting Singstar icon from my PS3. Singstar represents everything I find vile and revolting about pop-culture. Just look at the sheeple in the banner for this article… ugh!

Just let us delete that abomination, is that too much to ask? You’re winning friends/users by shoving that thing in our faces. Some of use don’t like cultural vomit. I know it’s hard for people like you to understand, but it still remains a fact.

Edit for above: “You’re NOT winning…”

Thank you for “sheeple” word, cowbanana 🙂 . I must write it down. I couldn’t find proper english equivalent for czech word “ovčan” (ovce=sheep, občan=citizen) for some time.

Can you sing without mic’s and smart phones with just the PS4 camera? I think you can do that with the PS3.

An uninspired product, if ever I saw one. Whatever odious mistake was made that lead to you having to make a deal to shamefully embed the previous iteration of that rubbish for all to tolerate (or otherwise), please don’t make it this time. Be about the gamers, not …whatever manner of creature… this is aimed at.

Well, Mr. Bruce. Could you help me understand this? Your company has plenty of time to delete uncomfortable questions on Singstar Facebook, plenty of time to denounce uncomfortable Twitter accounts, but you don’t have few minutes in whole two years to answer questions regarding forced Singstar icon? Isn’t it weird? It’s new SCEE rule?

raging_dave 17 September, 2014 @ 6:35 pm   35

What a truly dreadful and uninspiring selection of song

So it we opt for the PS3 version can we still disc swap our PS3 and PS2 discs?

I’ll likely be avoiding the PS4 version till that function is available as otherwise i’ve a back catalogue that would be rendered useless. This is it here http://www.mattys.net/SingStar

I don’t understand something, they mention two versions for PS4: Singstar and Singstar Ultimate Party. I can’t find anything on the standalone Singstar game for PS4, will it be an app with no songs? Or how are both versions different?

i bought a ton of songs for my ps3 version of singstar vol.1-3, will i be able to redownload them onto my ps4 if i buy the ps4 version of this new game?

t22design 15 October, 2014 @ 8:29 pm   39

I’ll never buy anything SingStar related whilst I cannot remove the icon from my PS3.