Posted

PlayStation Plus in August: Lara Croft, God of War, Stealth Inc 2, more

Plus, Castlestorm, Limbo and Sound Shapes

It’s that time of the month again! The next batch of PlayStation Plus games arrive in just six days, so if you haven’t already done so, make sure you pick up all of July’s goodies before they disappear! Let’s crack on with the great titles coming your way this August……

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)

First up this month on PS4 join the brave Miss Croft as she returns in a new action adventure title. This time around, Lara travels to Egypt and joins forces with rival treasure hunter Carter Bell and imprisoned gods Horus and Isis to defeat the evil god Set.

Featuring a four-player co-op story, you must work together to explore the temple, defeat hordes of enemies from the Egyptian underworld, solve devious puzzles and avoid deadly traps. At the same time, you can compete for treasure, powerful artifacts, and ultimate bragging rights.

God of War: Ascension (PS3)

Six months have passed since Kratos stood before the bodies of his wife and child, his hands stained with their blood – duped by Ares into killing the only people he ever loved. Sentenced to an eternity chained within a prison for the living damned, Kratos battles insanity at the hands of the Furies. He will be tested as he seeks freedom, redemption for his sins and vengeance for his family.

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3 and PS Vita)

Next up, welcome to the ultimate hostile work environment. In Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones you play the role of a clone escaping a sinister and high-tech testing facility in Curve’s brilliant platforming adventure. Stealth Inc 2 tests both your brain and your reflexes over 60 varied levels linked together by a sprawling overworld.

CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3 and PS Vita)

It’s knights vs. Vikings in CastleStorm, where medieval warfare meets 2D physics-based destruction! Controlling the battle in real time, you must harness the power of medieval artillery, manage a fearsome ground attack and cast powerful spells! CastleStorm features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes and more. Building castles and knocking them down has never been so much fun!

Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3 and PS Vita)

Finally this month, we present Sound Shapes. Play through a series of beautiful levels, where sounds and shapes seamlessly mesh together to create an unforgettable platforming experience. You can even create your own levels by building environments and choosing enemies and obstacles – and compose your own music at the same time. Can you shape the perfect blend of sound and gameplay?

Limbo (PS4)

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Next up, the classic black and white puzzle-platforming adventure Limbo, where you step into the shoes of a young boy traveling through an eerie, treacherous world in an attempt to discover the fate of his sister. Playdead’s brilliant creation has never looked better than it does on PS4.

In summary

Leaving PS Plus on 4th August:

Entering PS Plus on 4th August:

*Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE. Replacement title: Flow (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
**Not available in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, India and Turkey. Replacement title: Flower (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Finally, don’t forget that Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition is available for you to download and play now. Pick your club, car and track and go hell for leather in this adrenaline-fuelled driving simulator.

Make sure you add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

205 Comments
0 Author replies
Alphaembryo 29 July, 2015 @ 16:31

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this ps+ update.
Please, click only one (and vote one time only), so that the results are representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

Alphaembryo 29 July, 2015 @ 16:31
1.1

>> I enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

Alphaembryo 29 July, 2015 @ 16:32
1.2

>> I don’t enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

I’m not too enthusiastic about it, but I’ll reward Sony’s turnaround with the “I enjoy” button. Feels like the first month in ages, that wasn’t even worse than the one before.

Show more replies

just lara croft for me on this update.

mind you my soundshapes is the usa version so i guess i could play it again for 3 plats

As far as I know, only the PS4 list is a separate trophy list.

StevenJamesHyde 29 July, 2015 @ 16:47
2.2

Yeah, you’ll only get one additional Plat on top of the three you already have (PS3 and Vita are shared across all regions). Is it really worth putting yourself through Death Mode again?

StevenJamesHyde 29 July, 2015 @ 16:52
2.3

Wait… you can just cloud sync for the Plat. No need to play at all

Show more replies
darkswabber 29 July, 2015 @ 16:35

2 AAA titles and 4 GREAT indies, someone already told me we were getting a great month but wow, now to hope they will keep it like this for the coming 4 months of this year.

yeahh… best month for a long long time !

THIS is for the players.
Thanks Sony

3.2

Surely only one AAA. Lara Croft isn’t AAA. So still no AAA PS4 games

3.3

Implying there’s nothing between AAA and indie.

Like adumr82 said, still no AAA PS4 games. Unless you count MGS V GZ and Infamous FL. But GZ was a demo and Infamous FL was not an AAA title, it was a DLC for an AAA title

Show more replies

I’ll let someone else complain about how 2 of those titles are basically upgrades of things we’ve already been offered. I’m busy playing Rocket League

mike_291990 29 July, 2015 @ 17:01
4.1

2? I only see one title that is an upgrade; Limbo.
We’ve never been given any of the other 5 titles. We were given previous games in the series for 3 of them but never these games. (Stealth Inc, Lara Croft and God of War)

X_Blood_Curse_X 29 July, 2015 @ 17:38
4.2

Rocket League? More like Rocket Lag recently

Zoom zoom zoom!

Limbo and Stealth Inc. were on PS3’s PS+, we pay a premium to get the same games twice, the rest are games that been $1-2 in Steam sales. Scraping the bottom of the barrel, month after month.

Show more replies
SwissColony 29 July, 2015 @ 16:36

Great line-up again. Thanks Sony. Can’t wait to play Stealth Inc 2. Loved the first one and just completed MouseCraft last night. Curve Studios is awesome!

I bought Sound Shapes two weeks ago XD Oh well. It was fun, but some Death Modes were grrr

cognac-vsop 29 July, 2015 @ 16:36

Nice to see Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.. I still don’t forgive the dev tho.. lol

7.1

It’s a little misguided to blame the developers when it’s the publishers who usually make decisions luke this.

WAsn’t SoundShapes aprt of IQC already? At MArch last year…

darkswabber 29 July, 2015 @ 16:43
8.1

I think that was either america or japan that already got it, europe didn’t get it unti now (next week)

8.2

But still NA gets the same games with us now, unless they get seomthing else, but I ahvent seen any post about it.

Only in countries that weren’t allowed Outlast

Show more replies
DarkArchoNx66 29 July, 2015 @ 16:37

It wouldn’t be a complete disaster if I didn’t already owned God of War Ascension, despite being a pretty old game. I don’t care about the rest, so that will be the 5th month without an active subscription. You are gonna have to do a little better next time.

9.1

You will have to email them a list of games that you own so that next month can be better for you

DarkArchoNx66 29 July, 2015 @ 17:06
9.2

You know that’s a good idea..Do you think it’ll work? I don’t own any game on Ps4 ( except those I acquired through plus, assuming they are still available when I come back), and any game that hasn’t been released more than 2 years ago (like this one) might do for Ps3. There’s always a risk, but I think you got the gist..Though, I doubt we’ll ever get another AAA that was released less than a year ago..or more than 2 years xD.

The IGC in August is great. I’ll definitely try Temple of Osiris and CastleStorm.

cognac-vsop 29 July, 2015 @ 16:38

Already have GoW and Limbo but can’t complain.. I’m happy with the line up.

Cool that we’re getting Stealth 2, but I have a few things here.. we, in Saudi Arabia and a few other places, already got Sounds Shapes.. I guess we’re left out?
Speaking of that, I tried reaching out to you on Twitter about Planetside 2 not being available in our store any idea why? I’m sure I saw it when it released for a few days but then it disappeared..

12.1

Read the small letters, you get Flower in Saudi Arabia instead.

SirBlobbyThe1st 29 July, 2015 @ 18:56
12.2

You won’t be getting God of War or Sound Shapes, instead you get Flow and Flower

12.3

Ah my bad.. I didn’t see them below each title and didn’t see them there at the time. Thank you both for pointing it out.

madmanwithabox12 29 July, 2015 @ 16:39

Temple of Osiris is fantastic. I still prefer Guardian of Light, but ToO is still pretty damn good. My brother won’t be too thrilled, he just bought it last week hahaha. Pretty decent lineup otherwise. Though I could never really get into Sound Shapes myself, not for lack of trying. It’s fine, but it’s nothing amazing in my opinion.

I like it! Limbo and God of War :)

Vita disappoints me as usual. Would love to see a Disgaea game for Vita. I mean, what else is there?

Majik_Meerkat 29 July, 2015 @ 17:03
14.1

I’d love to see Disgaea 3

spacedelete2 29 July, 2015 @ 17:19
14.2

is there even a point in owning a Vita nowadays? all it gets are cross buy indie games.

14.3

No there is not unfortunately… Unless you have a Vita with a lower firmware i guess….

Show more replies
damienmcnugget 29 July, 2015 @ 16:40

It’s a good month, nothing new for me, unfortunately but Lara, Limbo and Kratos makes it a solid line up.
I pity those who get Flow in lieu of GoW:A, that’s a raw deal.

Stonesthrow 30 July, 2015 @ 03:36
15.1

Unless you already got GoW.

15.2

Already got GoW on disk so I’m not bothered. And already got 100% on Limbo, which I think makes it so much better as an experience than just finishing the game. Lara isn’t my cup of tea, but at least I got Stealth Inc. 2.
This lineup isn’t really the greatest for me but I see everyone else is happy about it, oddly enough, so eh.. I can live through this :p

I just wish they’d offer Rayman Legends for PS4 one day.. that game is such a good time.

romeo2u2001 29 July, 2015 @ 16:40

So nearly bought GOW: aAscension last month. so happy I didn’t now. Great line up

Mad-Vampire 29 July, 2015 @ 16:41

with the amount of games people buy these days, it is inevitable that you are likely to own some of the games already – but a great line-up this month in my opinion

17.1

Yeah but when the games are on sale right now or have just been on sale, that’s unfair. Also, when they’ve offered a game before, it shouldn’t be offered again (unless everything else is very good to compensate). Finally, if you don’t own a copy of Limbo in 2015, you probably don’t care about Limbo. That thing has been less than a dollar plenty of times in the past, and is on pretty much every modern platform.

Expected Alien Isolation at least for PS4.

spacedelete2 29 July, 2015 @ 17:22
18.1

i wish we would at least get remasters on ps plus like Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 4. its the least Sony could do as they screwed us from having BC. can you imagine if we would get remasters like Bioshock infinite on PS4’s offering on day 1 ?

RodrigoSharingan 29 July, 2015 @ 18:08
18.2

Dont expect any AAA games to hit PS4 IGC. Giving indies that were on sale or never get any sales is the new trend in this service.

18.3

Honestly, just buy it. It’s on sale right now for CHF 18 and is worth every cent.

Show more replies
zalwelgoedgaan 29 July, 2015 @ 16:42

I’ll claim Tomb Raider and get Castlestorm, already have/don’t care for most of these titles.

StevenJamesHyde 29 July, 2015 @ 16:43

Already own Sound Shapes, and played Limbo to death on 360, but Lara and Kratos are most welcome. Best lineup in a good while

I know for a fact we have had some of these games before, not cool guys, I’ve been a sub since day 1 and this kinda blows

21.1

Limbo and castle crashers have been given on different platforms I think. A bit sucky.

21.2

Sorry its castle storm not castle crashers

21.3

Its castlestorm, and we haven’t had it before

Show more replies

But Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones on sale right now?? I thought there was a rule that there would be at least 1 month between sale ending and a game going on the IGC? I’d be rather annoyed if I bought it because of the lower price and then it became free a few days later.

Majik_Meerkat 29 July, 2015 @ 17:02
22.1

I bought it tuesday night, and yep I’m kind of annoyed.

22.2

They chucked that rule out a while ago. Styx was in last month despite being on sale the week before

spacedelete2 29 July, 2015 @ 17:24
22.3

Sony don’t care if people get upset. this is what happens when a greedy company gets too successful.

Show more replies

Seems to be the month of the “repeated” experiences. We already had Limbo, now it is just another system.
And we had Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Stealth Inc, now we get each one’s successor too.

So not bad, but also not quite innovative. At least the quality largely improved, compared to the recent months. Though that was an easy to master challenge. ;)

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4) – 74% at Metacritic
Limbo (PS4) – 90% (for PS3)
God of War Ascension (PS3)* -80%
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – 74%
Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)** – 84%
CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, PS Vita) – 79%

P.S. Getting Flow as a compensation for God of War Ascension is beyond any reason. For shame!

23.1

No we are happy with flow it is just like my tears ಥДಥ

didsburydan 29 July, 2015 @ 16:44

great month. very happy

It’s a nice collection of games, really. GoW Ascension and Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris are the obvious big hitters. Castlestorm, Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones and Sound Shapes are perfect for the Vita. As for Limbo, it’s a nice little game, although it’s been on the IGC some time ago for the PS3.

Good list.

Horrible month, Sound Shapes ALREADY was in Plus!!! Also have Limbo and Castlestrom, only interesting game is Stealth Inc 2….

27.1

Sound Shapes was afaik only on Plus as a replacement title for some countries. And those countries get Flower now instead.

Gamesgbkiller 29 July, 2015 @ 16:47

Thank you for giving us FLOW over GOW.

Very good decision!. Never disappoint.

28.1

Hhhhhhhhh your old comment (:

Flow is way better game than GOW:A (:

It fills my eyes with tears (“:

X_Blood_Curse_X 29 July, 2015 @ 17:08
28.2

I assume you’re being sarcastic. I feel bad for you guys, you got shafted here. Worthwhile PS3 games on plus are few and far away these days too

28.3

I’ve never been actually angry about a PS+ month until now. If they think we can’t handle a little blood the least they can do is replace it with a game with equal value, not that nonsense.

Show more replies

Shame. These game are either old, or have been on sale at prices so low most people who want them already have them.

Hoping we get something really special in september or in the next sale. I have 40 in my psn wallet just waiting to be used… two store screw ups have prevented me spending any of it so far, but hopefully I’ll have reason to try again soon.

In the meantime, back to xbox and Storm Warning this month. Gonna snag tales from the borderlands in the sale, £7 is an awesome price, but I refuse to play it until I don’t have to wait months between installments

Nightmareofkaito 29 July, 2015 @ 16:48

Much better sony great line up.

Just Lara for me this month (already have GOW, SInc2 and Limbo)…

Such an annoying line up for me this month. The games are great, in fact the best games they have given away in a while, however Lara Croft temple of Osiris I brought a few months ago and hardly played it, because I had too many other games to play. GOW Ascension, I already have, Stealth Inc 2 I brought the Stealth inc 1 and 2 a little while ago. Castlestorm sounds crap, Sound shapes sounds crap, Limbo I already have on PS3, but looking forward to trying it on the PS4 as I never got round to playing it much on PS3. Damn so frustrating!

zalwelgoedgaan 29 July, 2015 @ 16:50
32.1

Sounds to me you have quite a backlog. Happens to a lot of us.

32.2

Your right there zalwelgoedgaan!

RedMustang72 29 July, 2015 @ 17:06
32.3

Castlestorm is a lot of fun, I bought the PS4 version a good while ago, had a blast with it. Sound Shapes is also a good game…if you like that type of thing…

Only game I don’t own is Stealth Inc 2, but decent month nevertheless. Don’t write off Castlestorm, good amount of content too with the Complete Ed.

Show more replies
DoYouLikeMyID 29 July, 2015 @ 16:48

Well, I already own everything I’m interested in from this batch. Oh well, here’s hoping next month is more to my liking…

But what’s with us getting Limbo again? It was great the first time we got it for free (december 2012), but what’s the point of getting the same game twice, even if it is on a different console? It’s not like the PS4 version is any different from the PS3/Vita versions…

33.1

I think they’re hoping we won’t notice because it’s so long ago. They were wrong.

Shocking, Tomb raider is good but already have it, Terrible month in my opinion

WayfaringWalrus 29 July, 2015 @ 16:50

I’m really happy that I’ll finally get to complete my God of War platinum collection, but other than that this is a pretty sheep’s testicle sort of month.

Yeah I’ll bite. God of War is a good choice. Not a fan of Tomb Raider so not for me, but I’m pretty happy with GoW. Gutted for those who ended up with flow though

blade1003605 29 July, 2015 @ 16:53

Well, not a bad month. I already have 4 of 6 this games, but still… Glad, that you guys can try GoW and Lara for “free”, this games are good.

nice list, i already played lara croft, limbo, god of war and dont care about indies but still a good list, i would prefer GOW Collection for PS VITA

Inherentdragon 29 July, 2015 @ 16:55

Darn,I bought God Of War years ago..fantastic game.Can’t say if it’s a good month cuz I don’t really know much about any of them..although i have always been interested in Limbo.but considering I bought a load of games in the sales I’m surprised to find not one of them here!:)

PS4 side of Plus is a complete disaster. The only saving grace might have been Castlestorm, but it’s on everything BUT PS4, sigh.

Majik_Meerkat 29 July, 2015 @ 17:00

I like this months games, but I just bought Stealth inc 2 on tuesday during its sale (which finishes tonight). I can’t help but feel a little cheated, even though it is a great game.

Gow is great, sounds shapes is annoyingly addictive, always fancied a shot at castlestorm, the rest meh!!! Lara Croft seems lame and it’s a bit cheap sticking on limbo

noodleboy1972 29 July, 2015 @ 17:06

Ok I guess but no Vita exclusive games..

tired-hippo 29 July, 2015 @ 17:29
43.1

There aren’t really any vita games to give away anymore outside of the Japanese/anime game style releases…..and they never give them away (annoyingly).

43.2

There are TONS of Vita games (and indeed Vita exclusives) that they could give out with PlayStation Plus. Besides, the majority of the Vita library is comprised of Japanese-made games, and a lot of them happen to use a Japanese animation style (“anime”), so saying that there aren’t any games outside of those is quite the ridiculous and unfair statement.

Flipside666 29 July, 2015 @ 17:08

Wake me up for next month yeah.

*sigh*…I suppose some of it’s ok but most of these people already have. Especially GOW Ascension. That’s worth like £5 now.

Lividity111 29 July, 2015 @ 17:12

Love it! Only have a ps3 and very am happy with those games thank you.
I have so many games waiting having been subscribed to PSplus for so long, that when I do get a ps4 and vita I’ll be well set up :D

bluemoon1987 29 July, 2015 @ 17:14

Much better this month. A nice mix of bigger AAA games and worthwhile Indies.

tired-hippo 29 July, 2015 @ 17:16

A solid month, but things need to improve a bit. technically the PS4 has only ever had one full fat game on PS+ (injustice). That needs to change.

48.1

They will come but only when its strategic (Christmas)

dark_angel69 29 July, 2015 @ 17:17

I was going to buy Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris around it’s release but ended up not as I was very angry with Square Enix over Rise of the Tomb Raider so didn’t want to give them my money. Always wanted to play God of War Ascension and waited a long time for that but here’s the funny part, I already played it when I was playing the closed PS Now beta when it was free. lol. But great to add it to the collection for if I ever decide to play again. Don’t know of any of the others but I did not like Limbo when we got it for ps3.

overall, just Lara Croft for me I guess. Got too many games to play at the moment so not enough time to play them all.

Great stuff. A lovely mix of “big-name” titles and indies I’ve been eager to play for a while now. Thanks!

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.