Posted

PlayStation Plus in August: Lara Croft, God of War, Stealth Inc 2, more

Plus, Castlestorm, Limbo and Sound Shapes

It’s that time of the month again! The next batch of PlayStation Plus games arrive in just six days, so if you haven’t already done so, make sure you pick up all of July’s goodies before they disappear! Let’s crack on with the great titles coming your way this August……

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)

First up this month on PS4 join the brave Miss Croft as she returns in a new action adventure title. This time around, Lara travels to Egypt and joins forces with rival treasure hunter Carter Bell and imprisoned gods Horus and Isis to defeat the evil god Set.

Featuring a four-player co-op story, you must work together to explore the temple, defeat hordes of enemies from the Egyptian underworld, solve devious puzzles and avoid deadly traps. At the same time, you can compete for treasure, powerful artifacts, and ultimate bragging rights.

God of War: Ascension (PS3)

Six months have passed since Kratos stood before the bodies of his wife and child, his hands stained with their blood – duped by Ares into killing the only people he ever loved. Sentenced to an eternity chained within a prison for the living damned, Kratos battles insanity at the hands of the Furies. He will be tested as he seeks freedom, redemption for his sins and vengeance for his family.

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3 and PS Vita)

Next up, welcome to the ultimate hostile work environment. In Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones you play the role of a clone escaping a sinister and high-tech testing facility in Curve’s brilliant platforming adventure. Stealth Inc 2 tests both your brain and your reflexes over 60 varied levels linked together by a sprawling overworld.

CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3 and PS Vita)

It’s knights vs. Vikings in CastleStorm, where medieval warfare meets 2D physics-based destruction! Controlling the battle in real time, you must harness the power of medieval artillery, manage a fearsome ground attack and cast powerful spells! CastleStorm features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes and more. Building castles and knocking them down has never been so much fun!

Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3 and PS Vita)

Finally this month, we present Sound Shapes. Play through a series of beautiful levels, where sounds and shapes seamlessly mesh together to create an unforgettable platforming experience. You can even create your own levels by building environments and choosing enemies and obstacles – and compose your own music at the same time. Can you shape the perfect blend of sound and gameplay?

Limbo (PS4)

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Next up, the classic black and white puzzle-platforming adventure Limbo, where you step into the shoes of a young boy traveling through an eerie, treacherous world in an attempt to discover the fate of his sister. Playdead’s brilliant creation has never looked better than it does on PS4.

In summary

Leaving PS Plus on 4th August:

Entering PS Plus on 4th August:

*Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE. Replacement title: Flow (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
**Not available in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, India and Turkey. Replacement title: Flower (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Finally, don’t forget that Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition is available for you to download and play now. Pick your club, car and track and go hell for leather in this adrenaline-fuelled driving simulator.

Make sure you add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

205 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Alphaembryo 29 July, 2015 @ 4:31 pm   1

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this ps+ update.
Please, click only one (and vote one time only), so that the results are representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

Alphaembryo 29 July, 2015 @ 4:31 pm

>> I enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

Alphaembryo 29 July, 2015 @ 4:32 pm

>> I don’t enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

I’m not too enthusiastic about it, but I’ll reward Sony’s turnaround with the “I enjoy” button. Feels like the first month in ages, that wasn’t even worse than the one before.

X_Blood_Curse_X 29 July, 2015 @ 5:17 pm

I give it a solid 6. A better effort than usual.

Nice to see PS3 getting God of War, and Castlestorm looks alright for Vita, but Limbo is just cheap on Sony’s part & Tomb Raider is really buggy and unpolished compared to the original.

It’s a step in the right direction, but pre-PS4 Playstation plus still destroys it.

TerrorOfDeath86 29 July, 2015 @ 5:49 pm

For us in the MiddleEast this month is the worst so far.

Tsubaki_14 29 July, 2015 @ 6:30 pm

This month is garbage

CluckNuggets 29 July, 2015 @ 9:18 pm

Wow, the scores are pretty equal for the first time in a fair while. I think this is encouraging.

KaneTheGoth 30 July, 2015 @ 1:51 am

First time in quite a few months I am voting “I enjoy”. Games aren’t ideal for me.. but it’s a good line-up, nonetheless 🙂

Why did they not include the Vita version of Limbo !!!!!

MaxDiehard 30 July, 2015 @ 7:38 am

Because Limbo isn’t Cross-Buy.

Grozniev 31 July, 2015 @ 8:30 pm

Another crappy month, the only good that came out of these worthless psn+ were Binding of Isaac from last year, The Swapper and Rogue Legacy the rest has just been cheap or/and unwanted fillers IMO. I know a lot of people think this also, Its the naive fan boys that makes the Sonys fat cats taking us for granted by praising anything that ever gets “free” for ps+ members. You pay for this service it aint free stop being a member and its all gone Pete Tong!

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:49 pm

And because Limbo on Vita was already free on PS+ almost three years ago. This is just Sony’s way of showing us the entire staff’s middle fingers.

just lara croft for me on this update.

mind you my soundshapes is the usa version so i guess i could play it again for 3 plats

As far as I know, only the PS4 list is a separate trophy list.

StevenJamesHyde 29 July, 2015 @ 4:47 pm

Yeah, you’ll only get one additional Plat on top of the three you already have (PS3 and Vita are shared across all regions). Is it really worth putting yourself through Death Mode again?

StevenJamesHyde 29 July, 2015 @ 4:52 pm

Wait… you can just cloud sync for the Plat. No need to play at all

VenomUK 30 July, 2015 @ 2:12 pm

To be honest, after Square Enix stiffed PlayStation owners with the Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusive, I don’t think Sony should be doing them the favour of promoting the franchise. Just my opinion!

darkswabber 29 July, 2015 @ 4:35 pm   3

2 AAA titles and 4 GREAT indies, someone already told me we were getting a great month but wow, now to hope they will keep it like this for the coming 4 months of this year.

yeahh… best month for a long long time !

THIS is for the players.
    Thanks Sony

adumr82 29 July, 2015 @ 4:55 pm

Surely only one AAA. Lara Croft isn’t AAA. So still no AAA PS4 games

jerlaak97 29 July, 2015 @ 5:49 pm

Implying there’s nothing between AAA and indie.

Like adumr82 said, still no AAA PS4 games. Unless you count MGS V GZ and Infamous FL. But GZ was a demo and Infamous FL was not an AAA title, it was a DLC for an AAA title

CyraxPT 29 July, 2015 @ 6:35 pm

@jerlaak97 You’re forgetting Injustice GAU Ultimate Edition.

But yeah, PS4 continues to get the short end of the stick, Lara Croft game is the only one that i find interesting, getting tired of these “alternative experience” type of games aimed to a ninche market and since they don’t sell they end up on ps+…

adumr82 29 July, 2015 @ 6:49 pm

To be fair, yes injustice was AAA. December was that? This is now the august titles. Ho hum, maybe we’ll get another in 4 months.

SirBlobbyThe1st 29 July, 2015 @ 6:50 pm

Who the damn hell cares? People move the goalposts of what makes a AAA all the time to suit themselves as there is no one strict definition, Injustice and Ground Zeroes are most definitely AAAs, but you could also call Styx and First Light AAAs, you could even consider games like Strider, Temple of Osiris, Valiant Hearts etc AAA by some definitions due to the developer. and at the end of the day it really doesn’t matter if a game is AAA or indie, a good game is a good game, and PS+ has been offering predominantly good games, at least one-two solid title a month for PS4, in some cases as much as 3-4, sure the artsy niche games are kinda crap, but the good games each month make up for the bad.

Scuffy_P 3 August, 2015 @ 2:51 pm

There is only one definition of a AAA game, and that’s the marketing budget. That’s all AAA means. A game that cost £100 to make can still become a AAA game if the publishers spend millions on marketing it. Equally, a game with a £100 million development budget but only £10,000 spent on marketing drops it from being a AAA title.
    This particular Tomb Raider and Styx etc, are not AAA games by definition.

monkelus 29 July, 2015 @ 4:35 pm   4

I’ll let someone else complain about how 2 of those titles are basically upgrades of things we’ve already been offered. I’m busy playing Rocket League

mike_291990 29 July, 2015 @ 5:01 pm

2? I only see one title that is an upgrade; Limbo.
    We’ve never been given any of the other 5 titles. We were given previous games in the series for 3 of them but never these games. (Stealth Inc, Lara Croft and God of War)

X_Blood_Curse_X 29 July, 2015 @ 5:38 pm

Rocket League? More like Rocket Lag recently

Zoom zoom zoom!

Limbo and Stealth Inc. were on PS3’s PS+, we pay a premium to get the same games twice, the rest are games that been $1-2 in Steam sales. Scraping the bottom of the barrel, month after month.

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:47 pm

I’ll give you Limbo (because I’m not happy that they’ve given us the same game on a different platform), but this is Stealth Inc. 2, which is new. The previous one on PS+ was the first Stealth Inc. game.

The rest are typically dirt-cheap, though, yes.

SwissColony 29 July, 2015 @ 4:36 pm   5

Great line-up again. Thanks Sony. Can’t wait to play Stealth Inc 2. Loved the first one and just completed MouseCraft last night. Curve Studios is awesome!

I bought Sound Shapes two weeks ago XD Oh well. It was fun, but some Death Modes were grrr

cognac-vsop 29 July, 2015 @ 4:36 pm   7

Nice to see Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.. I still don’t forgive the dev tho.. lol

johnnycide 29 July, 2015 @ 9:09 pm

It’s a little misguided to blame the developers when it’s the publishers who usually make decisions luke this.

WAsn’t SoundShapes aprt of IQC already? At MArch last year…

darkswabber 29 July, 2015 @ 4:43 pm

I think that was either america or japan that already got it, europe didn’t get it unti now (next week)

Rochala 29 July, 2015 @ 4:44 pm

But still NA gets the same games with us now, unless they get seomthing else, but I ahvent seen any post about it.

Only in countries that weren’t allowed Outlast

mike_291990 29 July, 2015 @ 5:05 pm

I can confirm that Sound Shapes has never been available on PS+ for us.
    Just checked my download list and I don’t have it available (I’ve had PS+ and redeemed every game except for 1 since 2011)

Rochala 29 July, 2015 @ 5:07 pm

Ok guys, thanks for the replies and the clarification 🙂

fps_d0minat0r 29 July, 2015 @ 6:21 pm

No, but Limbo was… 5th December 2012
    I played it because of the hype… turned out to be the most over-rated garbage ever.

mike_291990 29 July, 2015 @ 6:59 pm

True, fps_d0minat0r but they get away with giving us the game again because it’s on a different platform.
    I still never got round to playing that. Got it from PS+ back then and also on steam from a humble bundle and I’ve never played it.

DarkArchoNx66 29 July, 2015 @ 4:37 pm   9

It wouldn’t be a complete disaster if I didn’t already owned God of War Ascension, despite being a pretty old game. I don’t care about the rest, so that will be the 5th month without an active subscription. You are gonna have to do a little better next time.

hadenrulz 29 July, 2015 @ 5:00 pm

You will have to email them a list of games that you own so that next month can be better for you

DarkArchoNx66 29 July, 2015 @ 5:06 pm

You know that’s a good idea..Do you think it’ll work? I don’t own any game on Ps4 ( except those I acquired through plus, assuming they are still available when I come back), and any game that hasn’t been released more than 2 years ago (like this one) might do for Ps3. There’s always a risk, but I think you got the gist..Though, I doubt we’ll ever get another AAA that was released less than a year ago..or more than 2 years xD.

Gogata7 29 July, 2015 @ 4:38 pm   10

The IGC in August is great. I’ll definitely try Temple of Osiris and CastleStorm.

cognac-vsop 29 July, 2015 @ 4:38 pm   11

Already have GoW and Limbo but can’t complain.. I’m happy with the line up.

G-IH-O-S-T 29 July, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   12

Cool that we’re getting Stealth 2, but I have a few things here.. we, in Saudi Arabia and a few other places, already got Sounds Shapes.. I guess we’re left out?
Speaking of that, I tried reaching out to you on Twitter about Planetside 2 not being available in our store any idea why? I’m sure I saw it when it released for a few days but then it disappeared..

Phixion0 29 July, 2015 @ 5:20 pm

Read the small letters, you get Flower in Saudi Arabia instead.

SirBlobbyThe1st 29 July, 2015 @ 6:56 pm

You won’t be getting God of War or Sound Shapes, instead you get Flow and Flower

G-IH-O-S-T 30 July, 2015 @ 4:38 pm

Ah my bad.. I didn’t see them below each title and didn’t see them there at the time. Thank you both for pointing it out.

madmanwithabox12 29 July, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   13

Temple of Osiris is fantastic. I still prefer Guardian of Light, but ToO is still pretty damn good. My brother won’t be too thrilled, he just bought it last week hahaha. Pretty decent lineup otherwise. Though I could never really get into Sound Shapes myself, not for lack of trying. It’s fine, but it’s nothing amazing in my opinion.

jessesam14 29 July, 2015 @ 4:40 pm   14

I like it! Limbo and God of War 🙂

Vita disappoints me as usual. Would love to see a Disgaea game for Vita. I mean, what else is there?

Majik_Meerkat 29 July, 2015 @ 5:03 pm

I’d love to see Disgaea 3

spacedelete2 29 July, 2015 @ 5:19 pm

is there even a point in owning a Vita nowadays? all it gets are cross buy indie games.

jessesam14 29 July, 2015 @ 9:57 pm

No there is not unfortunately… Unless you have a Vita with a lower firmware i guess….

CleverTwigboy 29 July, 2015 @ 11:47 pm

There’s still plenty of games but Sony insist on crossplay for Plus so they can give more to Ps4/Ps3 users….

matthewbarr 30 July, 2015 @ 11:02 am

Castlestorm on Vita is great! (Although I already bought it…)

nexusdroid 30 July, 2015 @ 1:23 pm

@spacedelete2, that’s the exact point of owning a Vita and what any non early adopter bought it for

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:45 pm

There are plenty of original Vita games still coming out. The vast majority are Japanese, but a good chunk are getting localised, too. Unfortunately, they are all fairly niche, so I don’t blame anyone for not caring about them.

Disgaea 3 on PS+ would be nice, though. I already own it, but I don’t care if I own something on PS+ if what they’re offering is actually decent and wasn’t just on sale.

damienmcnugget 29 July, 2015 @ 4:40 pm   15

It’s a good month, nothing new for me, unfortunately but Lara, Limbo and Kratos makes it a solid line up.
I pity those who get Flow in lieu of GoW:A, that’s a raw deal.

Stonesthrow 30 July, 2015 @ 3:36 am

Unless you already got GoW.

G-IH-O-S-T 30 July, 2015 @ 4:48 pm

Already got GoW on disk so I’m not bothered. And already got 100% on Limbo, which I think makes it so much better as an experience than just finishing the game. Lara isn’t my cup of tea, but at least I got Stealth Inc. 2.
    This lineup isn’t really the greatest for me but I see everyone else is happy about it, oddly enough, so eh.. I can live through this :p

I just wish they’d offer Rayman Legends for PS4 one day.. that game is such a good time.

romeo2u2001 29 July, 2015 @ 4:40 pm   16

So nearly bought GOW: aAscension last month. so happy I didn’t now. Great line up

Mad-Vampire 29 July, 2015 @ 4:41 pm   17

with the amount of games people buy these days, it is inevitable that you are likely to own some of the games already – but a great line-up this month in my opinion

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:43 pm

Yeah but when the games are on sale right now or have just been on sale, that’s unfair. Also, when they’ve offered a game before, it shouldn’t be offered again (unless everything else is very good to compensate). Finally, if you don’t own a copy of Limbo in 2015, you probably don’t care about Limbo. That thing has been less than a dollar plenty of times in the past, and is on pretty much every modern platform.

ANDROID-TM 29 July, 2015 @ 4:42 pm   18

Expected Alien Isolation at least for PS4.

spacedelete2 29 July, 2015 @ 5:22 pm

i wish we would at least get remasters on ps plus like Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 4. its the least Sony could do as they screwed us from having BC. can you imagine if we would get remasters like Bioshock infinite on PS4’s offering on day 1 ?

RodrigoSharingan 29 July, 2015 @ 6:08 pm

Dont expect any AAA games to hit PS4 IGC. Giving indies that were on sale or never get any sales is the new trend in this service.

WearingFin 29 July, 2015 @ 6:09 pm

Honestly, just buy it. It’s on sale right now for CHF 18 and is worth every cent.

fps_d0minat0r 29 July, 2015 @ 6:24 pm

@ spacedelete2
    sleeping dogs was already on ps3 PS+ but Sony didnt care about long-time subscribers when they recycled guacamelee and limbo, so theres a chance.

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:41 pm

I agree that we should have got something not-crap, but saying we got screwed on backwards compatibility is ridiculous.

Most high-end PCs can’t emulate the PS3, at least not well. The Xbox One poorly emulates the Xbox 360 (the frame-rates are all at least 4FPS lower, which makes some games almost unplayable), and only certain games are available (i.e. no games with remasters available and no games that publishers won’t pay to make backwards compatibility, because even though it’s just an emulation wrapper, someone still has to manually inject each game into it, regardless of how quick/automated the process is).
    Furthermore, the PS3 is extremely complicated when compared to the relatively simple Xbox 360 architecture.

TL;DR PS4 will never play PS3 games via emulation, so enjoy crappy PS Now or buy a PS3; stop whinging about backwards compatibility not existing. It sucks on Xbox One, anyway. You’re better off buying a 360 to play those games.

zalwelgoedgaan 29 July, 2015 @ 4:42 pm   19

I’ll claim Tomb Raider and get Castlestorm, already have/don’t care for most of these titles.

StevenJamesHyde 29 July, 2015 @ 4:43 pm   20

Already own Sound Shapes, and played Limbo to death on 360, but Lara and Kratos are most welcome. Best lineup in a good while

EgoCity 29 July, 2015 @ 4:44 pm   21

I know for a fact we have had some of these games before, not cool guys, I’ve been a sub since day 1 and this kinda blows

adumr82 29 July, 2015 @ 4:58 pm

Limbo and castle crashers have been given on different platforms I think. A bit sucky.

adumr82 29 July, 2015 @ 4:59 pm

Sorry its castle storm not castle crashers

Its castlestorm, and we haven’t had it before

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:37 pm

No, but we’ve had Limbo before. Okay, only one game and on a different platform, but it’s still shady.

SgtBats 29 July, 2015 @ 4:44 pm   22

But Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones on sale right now?? I thought there was a rule that there would be at least 1 month between sale ending and a game going on the IGC? I’d be rather annoyed if I bought it because of the lower price and then it became free a few days later.

Majik_Meerkat 29 July, 2015 @ 5:02 pm

I bought it tuesday night, and yep I’m kind of annoyed.

They chucked that rule out a while ago. Styx was in last month despite being on sale the week before

spacedelete2 29 July, 2015 @ 5:24 pm

Sony don’t care if people get upset. this is what happens when a greedy company gets too successful.

I guess that they can’t hold up that rule anymore, since our IGC is identical with the from SCEA, while each one still runs their individual sales.

nexusdroid 30 July, 2015 @ 1:26 pm

Anytime I buy in a sale I ask my self “am I going to get $X of value out of this between now and when the next PS Plus games are announced”

Stonesthrow 31 July, 2015 @ 12:51 am

Yea they really have to quit doing that..

Seems to be the month of the “repeated” experiences. We already had Limbo, now it is just another system.
And we had Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Stealth Inc, now we get each one’s successor too.

So not bad, but also not quite innovative. At least the quality largely improved, compared to the recent months. Though that was an easy to master challenge. 😉

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4) – 74% at Metacritic
Limbo (PS4) – 90% (for PS3)
God of War Ascension (PS3)* -80%
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – 74%
Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)** – 84%
CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, PS Vita) – 79%

P.S. Getting Flow as a compensation for God of War Ascension is beyond any reason. For shame!

didsburydan 29 July, 2015 @ 4:44 pm   24

great month. very happy

PIREDERAS 29 July, 2015 @ 4:45 pm   25

It’s a nice collection of games, really. GoW Ascension and Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris are the obvious big hitters. Castlestorm, Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones and Sound Shapes are perfect for the Vita. As for Limbo, it’s a nice little game, although it’s been on the IGC some time ago for the PS3.

omrkcmn 29 July, 2015 @ 4:46 pm   26

Good list.

Vytautas20 29 July, 2015 @ 4:47 pm   27

Horrible month, Sound Shapes ALREADY was in Plus!!! Also have Limbo and Castlestrom, only interesting game is Stealth Inc 2….

Sound Shapes was afaik only on Plus as a replacement title for some countries. And those countries get Flower now instead.

Gamesgbkiller 29 July, 2015 @ 4:47 pm   28

Thank you for giving us FLOW over GOW.

Very good decision!. Never disappoint.

MdodoBat 29 July, 2015 @ 5:00 pm

Hhhhhhhhh your old comment (:

Flow is way better game than GOW:A (:

It fills my eyes with tears (“:

X_Blood_Curse_X 29 July, 2015 @ 5:08 pm

I assume you’re being sarcastic. I feel bad for you guys, you got shafted here. Worthwhile PS3 games on plus are few and far away these days too

Tsubaki_14 29 July, 2015 @ 6:35 pm

I’ve never been actually angry about a PS+ month until now. If they think we can’t handle a little blood the least they can do is replace it with a game with equal value, not that nonsense.

johnnycide 29 July, 2015 @ 9:12 pm

@Tsubaki
    I can 100% understand why you’re annoyed here. I’d be livid as well, but the fact that the game isn’t available in your territory is more likely to do with censorship. It’s disgusting, insulting, and wrong, but it’s not Sony’s fault.

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:36 pm

Hey, at least they told you guys. We got screwed over here in New Zealand (and Australia, too) a few times and they didn’t even tell us that we weren’t getting the listed games. We had to find out for ourselves, and once we did, no one actually cared enough to even say sorry.

MafiaCub 29 July, 2015 @ 4:47 pm   29

Shame. These game are either old, or have been on sale at prices so low most people who want them already have them.

Hoping we get something really special in september or in the next sale. I have 40 in my psn wallet just waiting to be used… two store screw ups have prevented me spending any of it so far, but hopefully I’ll have reason to try again soon.

In the meantime, back to xbox and Storm Warning this month. Gonna snag tales from the borderlands in the sale, £7 is an awesome price, but I refuse to play it until I don’t have to wait months between installments

Nightmareofkaito 29 July, 2015 @ 4:48 pm   30

Much better sony great line up.

stathmos 29 July, 2015 @ 4:48 pm   31

Just Lara for me this month (already have GOW, SInc2 and Limbo)…

Such an annoying line up for me this month. The games are great, in fact the best games they have given away in a while, however Lara Croft temple of Osiris I brought a few months ago and hardly played it, because I had too many other games to play. GOW Ascension, I already have, Stealth Inc 2 I brought the Stealth inc 1 and 2 a little while ago. Castlestorm sounds crap, Sound shapes sounds crap, Limbo I already have on PS3, but looking forward to trying it on the PS4 as I never got round to playing it much on PS3. Damn so frustrating!

zalwelgoedgaan 29 July, 2015 @ 4:50 pm

Sounds to me you have quite a backlog. Happens to a lot of us.

Your right there zalwelgoedgaan!

RedMustang72 29 July, 2015 @ 5:06 pm

Castlestorm is a lot of fun, I bought the PS4 version a good while ago, had a blast with it. Sound Shapes is also a good game…if you like that type of thing…

Only game I don’t own is Stealth Inc 2, but decent month nevertheless. Don’t write off Castlestorm, good amount of content too with the Complete Ed.

spacedelete2 29 July, 2015 @ 5:28 pm

Sony’s reply to you: “well thats what you get for buying games. STOP BUYING GAMES”.

DoYouLikeMyID 29 July, 2015 @ 4:48 pm   33

Well, I already own everything I’m interested in from this batch. Oh well, here’s hoping next month is more to my liking…

But what’s with us getting Limbo again? It was great the first time we got it for free (december 2012), but what’s the point of getting the same game twice, even if it is on a different console? It’s not like the PS4 version is any different from the PS3/Vita versions…

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:34 pm

I think they’re hoping we won’t notice because it’s so long ago. They were wrong.

Hanzoadam 29 July, 2015 @ 4:49 pm   34

Shocking, Tomb raider is good but already have it, Terrible month in my opinion

WayfaringWalrus 29 July, 2015 @ 4:50 pm   35

I’m really happy that I’ll finally get to complete my God of War platinum collection, but other than that this is a pretty sheep’s testicle sort of month.

johnnycide 29 July, 2015 @ 4:51 pm   36

Yeah I’ll bite. God of War is a good choice. Not a fan of Tomb Raider so not for me, but I’m pretty happy with GoW. Gutted for those who ended up with flow though

blade1003605 29 July, 2015 @ 4:53 pm   37

Well, not a bad month. I already have 4 of 6 this games, but still… Glad, that you guys can try GoW and Lara for “free”, this games are good.

WolfiePL 29 July, 2015 @ 4:54 pm   38

nice list, i already played lara croft, limbo, god of war and dont care about indies but still a good list, i would prefer GOW Collection for PS VITA

Inherentdragon 29 July, 2015 @ 4:55 pm   39

Darn,I bought God Of War years ago..fantastic game.Can’t say if it’s a good month cuz I don’t really know much about any of them..although i have always been interested in Limbo.but considering I bought a load of games in the sales I’m surprised to find not one of them here!:)

PS4 side of Plus is a complete disaster. The only saving grace might have been Castlestorm, but it’s on everything BUT PS4, sigh.

Majik_Meerkat 29 July, 2015 @ 5:00 pm   41

I like this months games, but I just bought Stealth inc 2 on tuesday during its sale (which finishes tonight). I can’t help but feel a little cheated, even though it is a great game.

ten-bucks 29 July, 2015 @ 5:04 pm   42

Gow is great, sounds shapes is annoyingly addictive, always fancied a shot at castlestorm, the rest meh!!! Lara Croft seems lame and it’s a bit cheap sticking on limbo

noodleboy1972 29 July, 2015 @ 5:06 pm   43

Ok I guess but no Vita exclusive games..

tired-hippo 29 July, 2015 @ 5:29 pm

There aren’t really any vita games to give away anymore outside of the Japanese/anime game style releases…..and they never give them away (annoyingly).

TankedThomas 1 August, 2015 @ 1:32 pm

There are TONS of Vita games (and indeed Vita exclusives) that they could give out with PlayStation Plus. Besides, the majority of the Vita library is comprised of Japanese-made games, and a lot of them happen to use a Japanese animation style (“anime”), so saying that there aren’t any games outside of those is quite the ridiculous and unfair statement.

Flipside666 29 July, 2015 @ 5:08 pm   44

Wake me up for next month yeah.

*sigh*…I suppose some of it’s ok but most of these people already have. Especially GOW Ascension. That’s worth like £5 now.

Lividity111 29 July, 2015 @ 5:12 pm   46

Love it! Only have a ps3 and very am happy with those games thank you.
I have so many games waiting having been subscribed to PSplus for so long, that when I do get a ps4 and vita I’ll be well set up 😀

bluemoon1987 29 July, 2015 @ 5:14 pm   47

Much better this month. A nice mix of bigger AAA games and worthwhile Indies.

tired-hippo 29 July, 2015 @ 5:16 pm   48

A solid month, but things need to improve a bit. technically the PS4 has only ever had one full fat game on PS+ (injustice). That needs to change.

dark_angel69 29 July, 2015 @ 5:17 pm   49

I was going to buy Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris around it’s release but ended up not as I was very angry with Square Enix over Rise of the Tomb Raider so didn’t want to give them my money. Always wanted to play God of War Ascension and waited a long time for that but here’s the funny part, I already played it when I was playing the closed PS Now beta when it was free. lol. But great to add it to the collection for if I ever decide to play again. Don’t know of any of the others but I did not like Limbo when we got it for ps3.

overall, just Lara Croft for me I guess. Got too many games to play at the moment so not enough time to play them all.

Envirasu 29 July, 2015 @ 5:23 pm   50

Great stuff. A lovely mix of “big-name” titles and indies I’ve been eager to play for a while now. Thanks!

Load all