Posted

The Last of Us Remastered goes on sale to celebrate Outbreak Day 2015

Plus, pick up a brand new dynamic theme for a limited time

We’re celebrating Outbreak Day for The Last of Us this year a little early. If you haven’t played one of the most critically acclaimed video games of all-time now is your chance.

The Outbreak Day sale will run from 23rd September until 7th October in various regions. You’ll be saving 30-50% on select content for The Last of Us and The Last of Us Remastered, including a price reduction on the PS4 game itself (was €44.99/AU$62.95/£39.99, now €19.99/AU$29.95/£15.99). Please check PlayStation Store in your region to see exactly what’s being offered up.

In addition, we’ve created a new dynamic theme specifically themed around Outbreak Day, featuring the fungal growth from our amazing title sequence and the hauntingly beautiful melodies of Gustavo Santaolalla. You can buy the theme for only €0.99/£0.79 for a limited time. Be sure to get it while the sale lasts.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Happy Outbreak Day 2015!

114 Comments
1 Author replies
StevenJamesHyde 22 September, 2015 @ 15:08

Ooh, nice theme

Carnivius_Prime 22 September, 2015 @ 15:13

Thank you! Been waiting for Remastered to be price reduced again as I got my PS4 a few months ago. Already completed it twice on PS3 at beginning of 2014 and looking forward to playing through again in an upgraded fashion on my newer shinier console. :)

2.1

It really does play a lot nicer on PS4 with the unlocked frame rate.

Agreed! No multiplayer in Uncharted… In fact why not take it iut of Uncharted 4 ehile your at it, keep it about the story.

Carnivius_Prime 22 September, 2015 @ 18:54
2.3

Uh no. I want multiplayer in Uncharted 4. It’s the thing I’m most looking forward to.

Show more replies

we the gamers demand multiplayer to be added back into the Uncharted collection or else we won’t buy it.

Carnivius_Prime 22 September, 2015 @ 15:20
3.1

‘We’ meaning pretty much just you. Rest of us are happy to wait for Uncharted 4’s multiplayer. Shush now. :)

StevenJamesHyde 22 September, 2015 @ 15:23
3.2

“We the gamers”? Get over yourself

3.3

Agree. Keep multiplayer out of Uncharted.. or, at the very least, don’t add MP trophies.

Show more replies
RodrigoSharingan 22 September, 2015 @ 15:28

Hate the sale price.

Love the theme.

Nice video preview for the theme

I’ll probably pick up the theme. Already have TLoU:R though. TLoU2 announcement incoming? ;-)

I hate this game, but I like the look of that theme…

So I’ve heard a few people say they “hate” the last of us.
I enjoyed it a hell of a lot. I gave it 5 stars but I don’t think it would ever make my best of all time. (Unless your taking about acting within video games”
I’m just curious as to why some people “hate” it? I thought the gameplay was pretty strong.

7.2

I think I fell for the hype with it, so I was expecting something amazing. And then I didn’t get it. I thought the gameplay was awful and clunky and the set pieces got very repetitive. There’s also buggy AI which removed any kind of immersion.

It was a chore to finish for me. Not sure how it was voted best PlayStation game ever in OPM.

CookieMonsterES 22 September, 2015 @ 18:24
7.3

It did because there’s a large consensus on the quality of this game. The awards it received were all well deserved. If perfect games exist, The Last of Us is surely one of them.

Show more replies

That’s cool, but what about the rest of the titles on sale?

8.1

Look out for a list tomorrow morning.

This is a dedicated event, nothing to do with the normal sales that happen.

Oh great, thanks!

Is the theme branded with any logos or text, or is it just the (animated?) fungus? I would prefer the second case.

Will the last of us remastered for ps4 go on sale on the 23rd for us in the UK, Fred?

Really liked the game when I played it on ps3 but was disappointed to hear the multiplayer was censored for Europe and Australia.
Better to get the US version if you can.

For Outbreak Day I’ve volunteered to roll around in a puddle of Ebola.

RodrigoSharingan 22 September, 2015 @ 20:47
12.1

Wow, so hardcore! xD

Actually not a bad price.
“Sadly” I already got it on both PS3 and PS4. It’s an amazing game so would definitely had bought at the price if I didn’t already own it.

This is perfect timing for my friend who has wanted to get it but didn’t have the money, he literally said to me he would get it at the end of the month and now he can get it for cheaper :) Thanks PS

Should release the multiplayer for free with lots of cosmetic dlc to keep it alive

I can’t see the Theme on Australia’s PSN store. Is it going to available for us? *sigh…. :(

Carnivius_Prime 23 September, 2015 @ 08:03

Cool. The sale is on now and it’s £14.39 cos of Plus discount (which most PS4 owners should have especially if they play online). :D I don’t see the theme yet but I’ll get that later.

I can’t buy it, no button to add to the cart and no price D:

18.1

Same for me. No button.

same here. no price no cart button

18.3

Same here.

Show more replies

Can’t find this theme on the hungarian store…

Bungeejumping61 23 September, 2015 @ 10:33

Does this discount include Left Behind and will it be avaible in Turkey?

Bungeejumping61 23 September, 2015 @ 10:39
20.1

Edit: I saw in the store that PS4 version of it half price but PS3 version is still same isn’t it ridiculous?

20.2

Left Behind comes with TLoU: Remastered as standard.

Carnivius_Prime 23 September, 2015 @ 11:16

Playing it now and man it’s good. And this is an early PS4 title AND mostly a PS3 port? Then a PS4-specific game such as Uncharted 4 is going to be frickin’ incredible. Naughty Dog, you do indeed rock!

I cant buy it from ps store. Hope they fix this soon.

Not seeing this theme…

I hope the PS3 version will be on sale as well. I would like to buy the Left Behind DLC

where is theme?

Doesn’t seem to be available in the Australian store. When will this be fixed?

can some1 share a link for the theme ?????

It seems they are not available yet

Can’t find the theme on the UK store.

where is the theme???

we want that theme now!!! :)

It’s working now. Thanks.

30.1

link for theme please.

You’re advertising theme, WHERE IS IT?

You have time till midnight.

it is out but for 3,59€ and not 0,99€….

Yeah, it’s £2.99 on the UK store too. Hopefully the pricing gets fixed soon.

GewoonHetzelfde 23 September, 2015 @ 18:08

I see the Outbreak Day theme in the store now, but it’s priced €3,59 and not €0,99

How do they even do this… Turning €0,99 into €3,59 can’t possibly be a typo…

I guess it’s the normal price and they forgot to turn on the limited time price.

FIX THE PRICE!!!

This new “0.99 euro” theme is on our hungarian store now, but it costs 1090 forint which is 3.5 euros. Why??

4 the payers!

Fix the EU price of the theme! It’s 3.55€ and it was supposed to be 0.99€ !!

The Theme is now on the store but the price isn’t the same as mentioned in this article, saying £2.99 for me not £0.79.

Figures — EU PSN Store can NEVER get anything right. The US store lists the correct ‘sale’ price

I was planning to get both but these lazy store shenanigans dissipated my enthusiasm. By the time of writing the theme is still not discounted and no theme should ever cost 4€, especially one looking as cheap and generic as this one (look it up on youtube).

RodrigoSharingan 23 September, 2015 @ 19:58

Wow… false publicity! That theme is supposed to be 0.99 not 3.55!

They want to robe us! I demand it to be priced correctly.

US STORE 0,99$ !!!

Store is down for maintenance which could mean they are correcting things or it’s just another one of those PSN customary downage for no reason

Store is back, price is not fixed.

Store is back up but price remains at £2.99

Tsukuyomi_Moon89 23 September, 2015 @ 21:14

I should have checked the price on this post first, ended up buying it at the price tag of 25kr which is 3,35 euro… Goddamnit…

45.1

claim or send sony a demand.

RodrigoSharingan 23 September, 2015 @ 21:45
45.2

Demand a refund. Sony has to learn!

Just another post to outline the content in this article….

“You can buy the theme for only €0.99/£0.79 for a limited time.”

The store is still currently showing £2.99…. I want this theme but that price is utter madness…. I certainly hope this gets amended!

I purchased it but it won’t let me download it. It has the download button and I click it and it does not work.

Great theme and price but is the discount applied yet?
For Saudi Arabia? Because I just saw someone say they have the sale price applied but from a different region.. and I still have it at ~$4.89

48.1

You probably already know but it’s up so thanks.
For what it’s worth, it’s $1.39 now.

One day SCEE will update the store and all content will be correctly listed and correctly priced. As usual, this is not that day. How is it that Microsoft/Steam/SCEA etc can get it right 99% of the time yet SCEE can barely hit 1% accuracy? The mind boggles.

Because Microsoft/Steam/SCEA only have to deal with one currency, one country at the time. Sony Europe deals with multiple countries and multiple currencies at once. Multiple publishers who demand different prices for different regions.

What? MS/Steam deal with all nations, currencies and pricing and do it a damn sight better than SCEE. Don’t make excuses for their utter incompetence.

The theme is listed at 33kr in Sweden, which is quite a bit higher than 0.99€. Actually tried to find somewhere to report the pricing error, but no luck.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history