Posted

5 big new PlayStation Store releases you need to check out this week

Hidden Agenda, Knowledge is Power, SingStar Celebration all debut this week

This week, PlayStation Store welcomes a host of new releases in our PlayLink range hitting. Gather some friends and smartphones and compete in quick-fire game show quiz Knowledge is Power, unravel the mysteries of Supermassive Games’ crime thriller Hidden Agenda, or make the right choices for the survival of your clan in Planet of the Apes.

PlayStation VR also gets some awesome new content with fishing simulator Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV and Rec Room VR, a virtual social space filled with mini games!

1. Knowledge is Power

Grab up to five friends and compete in this irriverent quiz game, boasting a huge variety of themed questions that you’ll have to answer as quick as you can. Use bonuses to throw off your opponents and climb the Pyramid of Knowledge all the way to its summit!

• Why you should play it: Game show glory is in your hands as you either outsmart your opponents or use power plays and distractions to battle your way to victory!
  • Available: 22nd November

2. Hidden Agenda

From the creators of Until Dawn, Hidden Agenda is a narrative-driven adventure that puts you in the shoes of a detective. Play with up to five friends and make the tough decisions that will dictate how this tense crime thriller will unfold, but be careful… each of you will have an objective to complete and your allies may end up working against you.

3. Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier

The conflict is raging between the Frontiersmen and the apes, and you and your friends will be deciding both groups’ fate. Planet of the Apes joins the growing range of multiplayer PlayLink titles for PlayStation 4. Grab a few friends and connect your smartphones to play this rich narrative-led adventure.

4. Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV (VR)

Want to take a fishing break after a day of adventures in Final Fantasy XV? Put on your PlayStation VR headset and dive into the picturesque world of Eos to hang out with Noctis, Ignis, Prompto, and Gladio. Armed with your fishing rod, the aquatic world is at your mercy… but be wary of the menace that lurks in the depths.

• Why you should play it: Fish through a variety of thrilling encounters and enjoy the world of Final Fantasy in PlayStation VR.
  • Available: 21st November

5. Rec Room VR

Create and stylize your avatar and enter Rec Room, a virtual reality world where you can play a tonne of mini games with friends from all around the world. Paintball, epic co-op quests, disc golf, charades, and more awaits you!

• Why you should play it: With a versatile list of activities , you’re sure to find something you’ll like.
  • Available: 21st November

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

PS4 DLC

20th November

21st November

• Assassin’s Creed Origins

• Horus Pack (Not in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)

24th November

Enjoy!

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store on your mobile, tablet or computer.

What did you think about this story?
36 Comments
0 Author replies

You can tell there’s no proper games coming out this week when the top 5 is this, sparse.

It’s 3 play on your mobile phone gimmick games and an overpriced VR minigame and something. I’m not sure there is even one that i’d bother with for free.

I wouldn’t exactly call any of those “big releases”.

2.1

To be fair, there isn’t really much to replace it…

They could have just called ’em “small releases”!?

What happened to the Stranger Things VR experience? Any new release date?

3.1

I look up since look on gamespot site since news post on November 7 . Since it said got no reasle date only said coming soon . Sorry couldn’t help.

Fishing in FFXV was very booooored and annoying.

MiseryPrincess 20 November, 2017 @ 16:14
4.1

FFXV in general is very boring and annoying.

4.2

And that game waste of money since just fishing game .

Game in general was very good. 2 things was bad game has not russian dubbing and isnt’t 4k

Show more replies

I miss Buzz! so much. Looks like Knowledge is Power could be fun if it only got two things. Local language support and a lot of different topics to choose from. If it will have it, you’ll have one buyer.

Yea local language support is nice :) .. we used to play Buzz dutch version so much during xmas/new years. But i fear this will be english only.

edit:

hmm storepage says :

Audio (audio)

Knowledge is Power™DuitsPortugeesEngelsItaliaansFransSpaansNederlands (german portugese english italian french spanish dutch)

Ondertitels (subtitles)

so will it be after all ?

On PSN store says that Hidden Agenda will be released at 7 March 2018, which one is correct?

6.1

Amazon UK also says 22nd November 2017, so I think the date here is the correct one.

blacksheepwall_ 20 November, 2017 @ 17:25

If this was the list of free games with plus, I still wouldn’t be impressed.

MiseryPrincess 21 November, 2017 @ 08:38
7.1

Just wait a few months and it probably will be…

Cool, play link. Of course my kids don’t have phones… But they have PS Vita’s so they’ll be able to play along aswell right? Right?

AlexJones_Bankai 20 November, 2017 @ 22:25
8.1

If only

Playstation 4 owner need to

stop doing playlink games and spend money on great indies games or AAA Games . Nothing for me this week.

PlayStation 4 owner need to

keep as much diversity in games as possible. Play link has potential, just try jackbox

Weak week. Oh, Project Cars 2 demo! I’ll wait for A Hat in Time.

But for how long. Gears for breakfast never respond over on their twitter feed unless you are talking about the already released PC Version. They aren’t filling me with confidence at all.

10.2

Don’t know. But I saw the trophy list of the game. 1 person is already playing it.

Carnivius_Prime 20 November, 2017 @ 18:49

AH nothing for me. Maybe Mutation Nation. And maaybe Elevator Action though I really wish it was the much later sequel Elevator Action Returns which is awesome and still looks good to this day. I need to save anyways. Christmas is coming and folk are expecting gifts for some reason

11.1

Finally at long last with KOF 97 Which should have been released 2 weeks ago delaying the release of fighting History & Soccer brawl which should have been released.

I love these Arcade Archive i own all 88 titles with a little bit of importing wi tTop Hunter (SNK) on the way & Irem now signed up to the series Zippy racer & R-tyoes being the first 2 titles its getting better & better

Carnivius_Prime 20 November, 2017 @ 18:52

By the way whatever happened to that supposed Nex Machina demo that was actually listed in one of these blog store updates months ago? Housemarque have now said they’re not gonna make those sorts of arcade games anymore due to disappointing sales. Well some folk like me were waiting for this supposed demo to find if I was to pay £16 on a game that might be a lil too overwhelming for me (it does have a whole lot going on).

looking at DWVR, RecRoom and Final Fantasy Fishing makes me even more happy we finally got a real game with Skyrim VR.

Hopefully its success will convince bethsoft to give us Fallout New Vegas next and other devs to follow the lead and release older games in VR. imagine Deus Ex Human Revolution !!

MiseryPrincess 21 November, 2017 @ 08:32
13.1

Wasn’t that series put on permanent hiatus for doing terribly?

13.2

might have, I don’t know. mankind divided was pretty bad gameplay wise imho. the controls were all over the place and annoyingly long loading times punished every failed stealth attempt. that was the reason I just stopped playing.

But visiting the world in VR would be really cool. Raw Data on PSVR has this nice loft with a view over a future tokyo skyline and it make me think the setting of deus ex would look great.

I had a chance to try Hidden Agenda and Knowledge Is Power early and they are a lot of fun. I tried KIP with 2 players and again with 5 players and had a great time with it, although it moves between questions a little slowly. Hidden Agenda is really impressive, although I had it crash after one of the 5 players dropped out because his phone died, then we couldn’t get the game to work again on that save file without it crashing.

That is probably the biggest downside of these games, they can potentially chew through your smartphone battery so if you want to play them for an extended period of time everyone needs a phone charger close at hand. Having said that I still had a lot of fun with them.

When’s Valhalla out for Vita?Came out couple weeks ago in US.

Is the payday 2 DLC confirmed for coming out this week because it was on last week’s blog as well to release on the 17th of November.

What’s the master plan DLC for payday? I thought they had given out all the DLC already?

Why can’t I purchase the horus pack for assassin’s creed origins? It just says it’s because I already own the season pass this happend with mine craft not long ago please fix this so I can purchase it

I already own the Season Pass for Assassin’s Creed Origins yet when I try to download the Horus Pack through the Playstation Store on PS4 console , all that comes up is a message saying “sorry, this item is not availible to for purchase at this time.” I have also tried through the Playstation Store website but a different message saying “You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s): You already own Assassin’s Creed Origins – Season Pass”

Edit history