Posted 10:03am

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (24th September 2009)

Howdy all, another week, another dollop of content for you all

I know it’s a tough act to follow last week’s offering, but I think we’ve done a good job of carrying on the momentum – but I leave it to you to see what you think.

Heavy Weapon joins the PSN game list on the store, we have three demos for you this week, starting with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, then a slice of Lost Planet 2 (with those extra bits to play for us PS3 owners) and if you didn’t check out The Punisher: No Mercy when it was released a while back, we also have a demo for that title now available too.

The standout bit of content this week for me (and that’s because I am a self-confessed fanboy) is the Broken Steel pack for Fallout 3, but we also have more challenges for Batman: Arkham Asylum, and extra content for UFC Unleashed 2009, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Madden NFL 10, Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Speaking of Guitar Hero we also have some special offers on a selection of tracks for this week only, and there are more details on this in the content list below.

For our PSP users you can test your rallying skills with Colin McRae DiRT 2, play with your food in Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs as well as get additional content for Prinny, and Rock Band Unplugged.

Not too shabby this week eh? As usual, leave your thoughts in the comments section and I’ll do my best to respond to as many as possible.

Special Offers

As detailed last week, PixelJunk Racers, High Velocity Bowling, Super Stardust HD Double Pack, Echochrome Micro and Disney’s Action Game feat. Hercules are still on special offer this week, however, we also have the below Guitar Hero Tracks available for one week only starting today:

Guitar Hero World Tour – all tracks (£1.19/€1.49)

• Mr. Brightside by The Killers

PEGI 16+

Lost Planet 2
PEGI 16+

The Punisher: No Mercy
PEGI 16+

Add-On Game Content

Fallout 3 – Broken Steel Pack (£7.99/€9.99)
PEGI 16+

Batman: Arkham Asylum – Prey In The Darkness Pack (free)
PEGI 16+

UFC Unleashed 2009 – Additional Fighters (£2.99/€3.99)
PEGI 16+

Madden NFL 10 – AFL Legacy Pack (£5.25/€6.59)
PEGI 3+

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Sheshan Course (£4.79/€5.99)
PEGI 3+

Guitar Hero 5

• Dull Life by Yeah Yeah Yeahs (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Geeks Were Right by The Faint (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Munich by Editors (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs/The Faint/Editors Track Pack (contains the three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.49)

PEGI 12+

Rock Band

• Amongst The Waves by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Force of Nature by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Gonna See My Friend by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Got Some by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Johnny Guitar by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Just Breathe by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Speed of Sound by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Supersonic by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • The End by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • The Fixer by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Unthought Known by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• MAG Leadership Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Warden’s Calling Trailer
  • Fallout 3 Trailers
  • Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Trailer

Wallpapers (free)

• Heroes Over Europe Heroes Wallpaper

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

Colin McRae DiRT 2 (£23.99/€29.99)
PEGI 3+

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs (£23.99/€29.99)
PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Prinny Can I Really Be The Hero? – Li’l Asagi Comes Home (£2.99/€3.99)
PEGI 7+

Rock Band Unplugged

• Flathead by The Fratellis (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Wake Up Dead by Megadeth (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

565 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Great update. Thanks guys.

Hello. Good update. But where is Final Fantasy Dissidia and all the other psp games?

Nothing specific to mention about Dissidia – but next week sees a LOT of PSP content coming to the store.

I’m probably going to be quite sparse with comments this week because I have so much planning to do for next week…but I hope next week you’ll all agree it’s worth it ;)

TGS week and only one PS3 game? Oh well at least i’ll get to play some Fallout again. Do we get another update tomorow with some TGS videos??

lost planet oh yeah! :D

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 24 September, 2009 @ 10:09 am   5

nice and early this week i see :-)

not a bad update…..no psone classics again, but saying that, alot of nice demos to keep me going for the week.

xKillerMonkeyx 24 September, 2009 @ 10:09 am   6

Nice update, does the six axis work with the Ninja Gaiden demo lol

Also get a reminder out about Dizzie Rascal later in case people forget

Isamu_Kanashii 24 September, 2009 @ 10:09 am   7

BROKEN STEEL!! Mike, you never cease to please me when it comes to the store updates.
:D

It’s all about Broken Steel this week, that’s my evening and weekend taken over (at least!!) :P

Lost Planet 2 demo!

I played it on my 360 and it was really good. Can’t wait to check out the new exclusive demo levels (which I think you should mention in your post ;p).

Any news on more Dynamic themes and the first wave of avatars??

Nice update Mike m8.. any news on the updzte 1.3 for Home. gonna defo try out Lost Planet 2 demo later before work

Awesome! More Batman: Arkham Asylum goodness! :D

And finally.. BROKEN STEEL !!

uno ??? store jap !

That Guitar Hero pack is tempting. But still annoyed I brought the export key for £3 something and most of the songs from Guitar hero World Tour are not even on my Guitar Hero 5 list…

Great update though :)

kingofscotland 24 September, 2009 @ 10:13 am   14

Mike – I am so ANGRY – where do I start, there is just too much content!!!

We’ve been had again – too much content – it’s a disgrace – sort it out Mike :-)

rage rage!! Sorry, won’t happen again, for the next few weeks we’ll release a couple of trailers only or something, that’ll teach ya ;)

Hhhhmmmmmm, busy planning next weeks update? Mike if you just want to head home and play Broken Steel you can tell us. We are all gamers here, lol

somethingatt 24 September, 2009 @ 10:14 am   16

Cheers.

Glad the Fallout DLC is finally here but at that price better of waiting until the 16th october and getting the game of the year edition for £29 with all 5 add ons included.
Anywho the Forza 3 demo is on live today so goodbye PS3 at least for the next week!

Excellent store update, Mike! Gonna have alot of fun with Fallout 3 DLC, Batman DLC and the Lost Planet 2 demo.

For tradition’s sake, what’s the status on MGS1 hitting the PSN? :P

To carry on the tradition I don’t know :) I’ll be able to share some info soon though I hope.

top update, I am EAGERLY awaiting the next update for some psp loving though!

Great update Mike! Looking forward to play Broken Steel, in between heavy NHL 10 sessions.

golden_gun83 24 September, 2009 @ 10:16 am   21

Great up date, looking forward to trying out The Punisher, and some more Batman challenges is good, cos it’s been on my mind to trade it in after finishin story mode in a couple of days……..

The big question though is ” is there any truth to the CoD WaW Map Pack 4 talk” ??????????? it’s not on your update list and i know alot of people are saying it is due out today, but is it just rumours ??????????

Nices demos ! I take them :). But I keep my money this week, nothing for me

Seems like a very good update. Lot of interesting content for me, few good demos and great DLC. Keep up the good work.

slayerking69 24 September, 2009 @ 10:20 am   24

Hi Mike,
Any ps1 classics coming to the store ever again?

Gavin_Rozee 24 September, 2009 @ 10:20 am   25

Hi Mike.

Can’t say anything in this weeks update interests me.

Do you have a figure for the amount of PSP content coming to the store next week? The US/Japan are apparently getting like 400 games uploaded to their stores.

Any input would be appreciated by myself, and I’m sure PSPgo consumers.

Are those figures exaggerated?? 400, wow that’ll be something. I don’t have visibility on the US Store content for next week, but that’s a lot.

As long as everything I’m tracking for next week comes out of QA safely, then you’ll need a lot of fingers (borrow a few friends perhaps) to count each game being released next week :)

OMG,

25 songs for guitarhero?? for 1.49?
are you guys high?
Keep up the good work! your doing an awesome job!
cheers

“UFC Unleashed 2009 – Additional Fighters (£2.99/€3.99)”

Do you mean UFC Unlimited 2009? ;-) Do you have the name, or at least numbers, of the new fighters?

Thumbs up for the LP2 demo but still no TMNT2 for us EU dwellers…. Meh! Pull your socks up and get it sorted! The US store has had it for 2 WEEKS now! :(

loonytoon1982 24 September, 2009 @ 10:26 am   29

Mike, can you shed some light on this Heavy Weapon game?

I MIGHT buy it but I’m undecided as I know nothing about it. I was kinda hoping to see Zombie Apocalypse though, where is it?

“Actually it’s Undisputed over here – that’s my typo error”

lol, by correcting you I was wrong too, a good way to look stupid.

loonytoon1982 24 September, 2009 @ 10:28 am   31

Scratch that comment about Heavy Weapon, it’s just another PopCap Game :(

No Zombie Apocalypse this week? Or is that next week? 360 got it yesterday, thought we’d get it today. Fun Game. Nice Job this week Mike! *Thumbs Up*

Gavin_Rozee 24 September, 2009 @ 10:29 am   33

Sweet, thanks Mike.

I think Kaz Hirai said at TGS that when the Go launches in Japan it will launch with 700 titles. Also, I read somewhere that it’ll launch in the US with 400. I guess they probably were referring to games already available on the store as well.

How much are miniS going to cost?

CinderShadow 24 September, 2009 @ 10:29 am   34

Disappointed not to see Zombie Apocalypse on your list, here, Mike. Are you able to confirm either, or hopefully both of:
* It’s coming next week?
* Its demo will accompany it?

Also, I’d be delighted if you could offer an ETA on Hustle Kings.
Also, for the information of whoever decides if we get foreign releases: DO WANT FF8 downloadable from the Store! ;)

For those asking about ZA – it’s had to go into QA again, so we likely won’t see it for a fair few weeks yet. Sorry :(

Carnivius_Prime 24 September, 2009 @ 10:29 am   35

Nothing for me this week it seems. I loathed Fallout 3 (easily my least favorite game I bought in the last 5 years) and while I liked Arkham Asylum I sold it already to pay a bill.

What’s Heavy Weapon like? Not heard of it before.

Looking forward to more PS1 classics. Hopefully some of my faves will be coming at some point.

Hey wow, thanks for all these trailers from the Tokyo Game Show, they’re really good, especially The Last Guardian and FFXIV!

OH WAIT.

I can’t see how downloadable games will become common. DiRT 2 for PSP is listen on PSN for £24, while you can buy the UMD brand new for £18 (play.com).

Other than that, decent update :o)

off topic guys

have you all whom registered for MAG beta got the codes already?

i am still waiting:(

not so sure now if ill get a code at all:(

Gavin_Rozee 24 September, 2009 @ 10:32 am   39

If ZA passed Microsuck’s QA, what stopped it from passing SCEE’s?

Sorry guys next week isnt good enough im canceling my PSP GO preorder, you need to at least announce whats coming next week, im not spending £225 on a handheld console, when you cant promise a single new title will be available for it other that GT5.

I know youve said lots of content is coming but for all i know thats just a load of rock band dlc and demos.

Very dissapointed :(

Not a bad update, some interesting demos to pick up there as well as more free DLC for Batman.

I never got Fallout 3 but I’m glad about that, at £7.99 (£6.80 on 360 ;) ) for each of them it will be miles cheaper to get the upcoming Game of the Year edition!

Also the pricing of Heavy Weapon has finally gotten it right! $9.99 in the US, €7.99 in Europe, £6.99 in the UK – THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE! None of this $9.99, €9.99, £7.99 nonsense!

I know publishers are free to set their pricing, but they must follow your lead, and you must see the logic in giving the Euro a more reasonable exchange rate to the Dollar, which then can filter to the UK release using a more realistic £/€ exchange rate! Plus it keeps you in line with your competitors pricing!

I really wish SCEE would address this and apply a transparent, consistent, and fair rate of exchange across all their PSN releases. If your competitors can do it why can’t you?

I know you’ll not be able to comment on this, if you reply to it at all, but please feed it back to your manager or whoever it is that is responsible for these decisions – it’s what your customers want and will no doubt drive up sales (think back to all those I’m not paying £11.99 for Fat Princess comments etc).

What do you say Mike? Don’t make me call Watchdog about it – I’ll set the AnneDroid on you again! :D ;)

Any news about Brutal Legend demo?

BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! BROKEN STEEL! lol

Omg Mike, your a legend :D

Any news on if we will be getting any more PS1 Classics any time soon? I’ve recently got my PSP all up and running on the latest firmware and playing FFVII on it is just the beginning hopefully.

Any chance we will get some of the stuff the US store has seen? Or something else? What about more Final Fantasys? lol

Also, any news on Disgaea 3 trophies?

Sorry for all the questions

Great update, but where is “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled”?

£7.99 for Broken steel? If that’s how much they’re all going to be then I think I’ll hold out for the GOTY edition!

Hi Mike, with the release of the psp go and store content next week, will any psone games be uploaded or is just past umd titles? Don’t need to go into specifics, just a yay or nay would be appreciated :) Cheers fella, b0yr6c3r

Gavin_Rozee 24 September, 2009 @ 10:39 am   48

Oh yeah, do you know anything about Dreamcast and/or PS2 titles becoming available on the store, Mike? Sega seem to think so…

loonytoon1982 24 September, 2009 @ 10:39 am   49

Posted on 24 September, 2009 at 10:30 am by Mike Kebby

That sucks :(

It was the one game I was looking forward to tiding me over until FIFA and Uncharted 2. I already Platinumed last weeks big release in Trine so that’s no use to me now.

“(…)and Disney’s Action Game feat. Hercules are still on special offer this week”

Hi Mike, great update today :D but the Hercules PSOne classic is not at the Spanish Store, any idea about that?

Load all