Posted 11:59am

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (8th October 2009)

Howdy all, I hope you’ve had a good week!

It’s been pretty hectic here since last week’s store update (and Media Go store launch), but that’s not to say we haven’t been busy putting together more content for you this week. We should also be back to normal service regarding update times, but we’ll update the post once the stores are live (I believe Jem may even be planning to tweet you all once it’s live too).

I think we’ve carried on the PSP momentum fairly well this week, with a few more minis titles available; Sudoku, Mahjongg Tales, Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam, (and made those released last week available to some additional stores) another batch of PSP games such as Tomb Raider Legend, Daxter, Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman! and Prinny? Can I Really Be the Hero?, as well as NBA Live 10 releasing this Friday. We have also added some special offers to the PSP Store (and Media Go) and more information on these can be found in the content list below.

Our PS3 content also grows this week, with the addition of two games, Comet Crash and Digger HD, whilst we also finish off the Fallout 3 DLC with the final two packs Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. There is also additional content this week for Red Faction: Guerilla, IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, Topatoi, LittleBigPlanet, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 , Guitar Hero 5 and Rock Band.

Does any of that appeal to you? What are you going to be planning to download and play this week? What do you want to see coming to the store? Leave your feedback in the comments section and as usual I will respond to those questions that I can, or I’ll just leave some random responses (which will get more random as the day goes on) which won’t necessarily answer your questions, but may leave a smile upon your face.

Okay, that’s enough from me. Take it easy all.

PlayStation Store via PS3

Special Offers

• Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) (£16.99/€20.99)
  • Magic Carpet (PS One) (£3.99/€4.99)
  • Populous (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99
  • Sim City 2000 (PS One) (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Theme Hospital (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Theme Park (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Blast Factor (£3.99/€4.99)
  • Ape Quest (PSP) (£3.99/€4.99)
  • The Little Mermaid II (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Disney’s Action Game feat. Hercules (PS One) (£3.19/€3.99

Downloadable Games

• Comet Crash (£6.29/€7.99) PEGI 3+
  • Digger HD (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 3+

PSOne Classic (PS3 & PSP)

• A Bug’s Life (PS One) (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content

PEGI 18+

• Red Faction: Guerilla – Smasher Pack (£3.19/€3.99) PEGI 16+
  • IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey – Mission Pack (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 7+
  • Topatoi – Arcade Style Pack (free) PEGI 7+
  • LittleBigPlanet – MM Music Maker Pack (£2.39/€2.99) PEGI 12+
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Riviera Course (£4.79/€5.99) PEGI 3+

Fallout 3

• Point Lookout (£7.99/€9.99)
  • Mothership Zeta (£7.99/€9.99)

Guitar Hero 5

• Everybody Wants You by Billy Squier (£1.59/€1.99)
  • The Stroke by Billy Squier (£1.59/€1.99)
  • When She Comes To Me by Billy Squier (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Billy Squier Track Pack (contains the three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.49)

PEGI 12+

Rock Band

• Dance Epidemic by Electric Six (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Gay Bar by Electric Six (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Handlebars by Flobots (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Head Over Feet by Alanis Morrisette (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I Don’t Like You by Electric Six (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Ironic by Alanis Morrisette (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Many Shades of Black by The Raconteurs (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Salute Your Solution by The Raconteurs (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Steady, As She Goes by The Raconteurs (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Electric Six Pack 01 (this pack contains three Electric Six tracks) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • The Raconteurs Pack 01 (this pack contains three Raconteurs tracks) (£2.49/€3.99)

PEGI 12+

• WET Video Short 2
  • WET Video Short 3
  • WET Video Short 4

Premium Themes

(static themes)

• Amplified (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Alpine Winters (£1.19/€1.49)

Theme (free)

• Army of Two: The 40th Day Theme

Wallpapers (free)

• IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey x2 Wallpapers

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Special Offers

• Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (£16.99/€20.99)
  • Magic Carpet (PS One) (£3.99/€4.99)
  • Populous (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Sim City 2000 (PS One) (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Theme Hospital (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Theme Park (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Ape Quest (£3.99/€4.99)
  • The Little Mermaid II (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Disney’s Action Game feat. Hercules (PS One) (£3.19/€3.99

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

• NBA Live 10 (£29.99/€39.99) PEGI 3+
  • Daxter (£14.99/€19.99) PEGI 7+
  • Tomb Raider Legend (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 12+
  • Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? (£31.99/€39.99) PEGI 7+
  • Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (£23.99/€29.99) PEGI 12+
  • Holy Invasion Of Privacy Badman! (£23.99/€29.99) PEGI 12+
  • Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 12+
  • Sonic Rivals 2 (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 7+
  • Sega Mega Drive Collection (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 12+
  • Alien Syndrome (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 12+
  • Impossible Mission (£4.99/€5.49) PEGI 3+

PSOne Classic (PS3 & PSP)

• A Bug’s Life (PS One) (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+

minis (also available via the PS3 store)

• Sudoku (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+ (except New Zealand, South Africa and UAE)
  • Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+
  • Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 (£3.49/€3.99) PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged

• Red Barchetta by Rush (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Know Your Enemy by Green Day (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

1419 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

AT LAST!!!!

FALLOUT
FALLOUT
FALLOUT!!!!

Cant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!!!!

i might aswell start the usual comment first> wheres FF8. wheres Resi 2. wheres are they!!!!

LOL

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:07 pm   2

First – hehe.

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:08 pm

Haha, I couldn’t even do that right – okay I’m going home, it’s all going to go downhill from here :P

Great update, been looking forward to Tomb Raider Legend. Much love.

Hey Mike

Any news about Final Fantasy 8 yet?

Just wondering :)

xenokiller90 8 October, 2009 @ 12:09 pm   5

cool update thanks

Dutch_Rootsman 8 October, 2009 @ 12:09 pm   6

FFVIII?

What about some Capcom PSP games?

Tetris for Australian store?

How bout an answer Mike?

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:13 pm

What about them? To be serious, I don’t know what’s going on with them Dutch, I saw some were on the schedule but I don’t know their statis anymore.

Tetris is not hitting the Australian store at the moment I’m afraid.

Goion to have to get that monster hunter deal, thanks!

Domino2097 8 October, 2009 @ 12:09 pm   8

Will there ever be a Fallout DLC bundle some time in the future?

Oh yeah, how long does it last?

Hahaha..

dont go i didnt mean it.

LOL

the only old skool game i’d rather we have first is xenogears to be honest

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm

I actually meant the fact I tried to make a ‘first’ post and failed – not your comment KAP ;)

ljforlozz 8 October, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   11

A bugs life :-( are we getting resident evil 1,2,3?

How much for Prinny!

Does that include all the DLC too?

Gavin_Rozee 8 October, 2009 @ 12:14 pm   13

Nothing for me this week.

I was hoping for either Astro Tripper or Burn Zombie Burn 2D (Minis).

BTW Mike, last week’s Motorstorm AE dynamic theme is on the store for free, so either last weeks heads up or the store has the wrong pricing.

pretty juicy update mike. i was wondering, i signed up successfully to the pspgo rewards programme last friday, and i still havent recieved my download codes :-( what gives? :P

loving the little sale btw, gives me an incentive to buy that hercules game again. played a beta build at a disney event insingapore when i was a kid. heres hoping nostalgia doesnt bite me :P

also, could you ask ubisoft to submit rayman 2 for the ps1? they put rayman 1 up on the store, so i dont see it as too much of a stretch :-D

cheers mate!

Smileybonex 8 October, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   15

Mike,

Any idea if the Army of Two: The 40th Day Theme is static or Dynamic?

Cheers for all the hard work!

Seeing how much you like Fallout 3 Mike…

And so it was that the Lone PSN Store Team member ventured forth from company desk No.101, intent on disseminating the list of DLC and willing to fight on unbowed, for the future of humanity, desktop themes and DLC.

The blog proved a cruel inhospitable place, but the Lone Store Team member refused to surrender to the vices that had claimed so many others. The values passed on from store manager to store manager – selflessness, compassion, honour and the ability to accidentally announce release dates.

But it was not until the end of this long road that the Lone Store Team member learned the true meaning of that greatest of virtues – sacrifice. Stepping into the irradiated cesspit that is the blog comments section, the Store Team member followed the example of the previous store staff, sacrificing sanity itself for the greater good of expansion packs.

So ends the story of Mike Kebby, who stepped through the great door of the blog comments section and into the annals of legend. But the tale of DLC will never come to a close, for the struggle for release dates is a blog comments section war without end, and comment sections – comment sections never change.

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:21 pm

X201 that made me chuckle :P

Although I wouldn’t say the blog comments section is a cesspit (well much anyway) ;)

hey mike, you got any contacts in the home team that you could ask about the, lack of, update?

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:26 pm

What exactly did you want to know Hazel? There have ben two home posts this week, is there something else that you still want addressing that wasn’t covered (I’m not being pedantic here, just want to know what info you’d like to find out)?

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:17 pm   18

Hey what gives with the low scores by the way – here I am sweating blood for you all and I’m getting down-voted, that makes me a sad panda :(

RadioactiveMouse 8 October, 2009 @ 12:17 pm   19

Any news on Hustle Kings Mike?

Also some new dynamic themes would be more then welcome. But it’s nice to see you keeping up the flow of content following the PSPGo release. :)

Now if only I could hatch a scheme that would net me a Go…… :D

mmm. Sega Megadrive Collection on PSP for £11.99 you say? Yes please!

TrevDaRev321 8 October, 2009 @ 12:17 pm   21

Yes more PSP games, so if this keeps up, come Christmas I’ll be spoilt with Choice with games for my brand spanking new PSP Go..:D

yeah just like kap said where are the good ps1 classics ?

these ps1 classics your pushing out are embarrassing you think not? I want resi 1,2,3 dyno crisis etc…

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:22 pm

I’m not pushing them out, the publishers decide what they want to release.

No demos? :(

ChocoladeEter 8 October, 2009 @ 12:18 pm   24

I’m really depressed over here. Bought Monster Hunter a few days ago for twice as much! Could’ve used the extra money for so many other things. *Cries and runs away*

ljforlozz 8 October, 2009 @ 12:19 pm   25

Just that we get rubbish ps1 games A BUGS LIFE!!! and just want better classics can you say what ps1 games are coming soon ????? if sooo i’ll love you forever!!!!

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:23 pm

I’m trying to get a more comprehensive list, but it’s more difficult that people imagine (I know it shouldn’t be, but it is I’m afraid)…

Hey Mike, any updates on those Avatars? No offense meant towards you or anything, but how hard is it for Sony to get up little pictures that Xbox LIVE seems to do just about every other day.

I mean, Avatars were the most promising feature of 3.0, considering I didn’t really like the rest of it, and yet even when it releases, they’re still not here. It’s kind of ridiculous.

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:23 pm

I still don’t have any information I’m afraid. Soon, I really hope I’ll be able to share something soon.

Oh well in that case you gotta be quicker then that m8.. specially when im off work til later today on lol
Got a question for ya btw mike……..demos……. you know?…. those things we get to play for free….. where are they this week? YOU KNOW I CANT LIVE WITHOUT SOME DEMOS!!!!!

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

I even know when the update is going live and still couldn’t do it, haha.

Sorry for the lack of demos this week, we have out a lot our recently though, have you rally tried all of them already? :P

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:28 pm

Apologies for the many typos in that last message – I need to get some food in me I think.

Yo Mike good update, might pick up Prinny :D What was the LBP stuff you mentioned? Couldn’t see that on the list, cheers matey! :D

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:24 pm

LBP will have a music makers pack released today, it is in the main list, promise :)

please please please go onto sony about releasing abes odyssey, final fantasy viii, metal gear solid, spyro the dragon, cool boarders 3. they have already been thru the age certificate process.

have you heard any news on any of these games?

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 8 October, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   30

fairly nice update,

i might as well be the first person to ask if crisis core is coming to the store soon? :-)

noruraeus 8 October, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   31

Hi Mike,
Noticed on the US blog that Demon’s Souls needed a European publisher, maybe you should look into making it a PSN game in the SCEE area? Can’t be that much bigger than Burnout Paradise, GT5P or Siren.

xbox lvie users can have family guy gamer pics, and as premium avatars have been annoucned for the psn, is there any chance you could get the following avatars for us psn users:

1. James Bond Avatars
2. Toy Story/Pixar characters avatars (A Buzz Lightyear please)
3. Family Guy/South Park/The Simpsons
4. Mirrors Edge Characters

I would love to have some of these avatars to go next to my name. Make it happen, Mike.

hi mike

me again any news on marvel ultimate alliance 2 for psp yet?

Angeland89 8 October, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   34

still just crap updates, are there no good games for the ps3 you guys could launch over PSN? yes there is.

stop the launch of indie games over PSN and launch all games over PSN, might as well

StefNighthawk 8 October, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   35

What’s up with the PSOne classics.
Seems only Disney Interactive found out how to submit their classics to SCEE.

MartinWallis 8 October, 2009 @ 12:24 pm   36

Prinny £31.99, surely that’s a misprint?

Hey mike hope your doing well bud :)

unfortunately nothing for me this week either :(

Is there nothing at all you can share about FFVIII?

1 last question any luck in finding info about about the info bar?

Another great store update guys good work. Will have to pick up Sim City 2000 and Theme Park Oh the memories. Will also grab Digger it looks great. But is there any word on Tetris for Australia?

Nothing there I want to download. See you next week.

Mike, Blue Toad Murder Files will be in your December 17th update, make a note of it. ;)

Ah yeah, thanks mike, i’m going blind… BTW anyone who doesnt pick up Monster Hunter for that price is insane! Get it done people!!

@Mike Kebby

Thanks for the response to my earlier comment (#25). I’m in the US and you’re lucky if you get a response on the US PlayStation.Blog.

Ash_Firelord 8 October, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   43

I know that pricing is not up to Sony, at least not for non-Sony games, but it’s still a bit jarring that you can buy Prinny on the USA Store for under 10€. There are other similar price gulfs, but this is the biggest one, I believe.

Any thoughts on that?

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:30 pm

I believe the publisher agreed a sale with the US Store, we haven’t had any such request :(

Cool, But when we getting new avatars?!

Not especially thrilled with this lot, Monster Hunter Unite looks like a bargain though.

Any news on Ridge Racer 2 and Smackdown 09 or Smackdown 10 coming to the PSN??

Solid_Snake1987 8 October, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   46

My heart rose when I saw Prinny and Badman, but then sunk when I didn’t see Disgaea:AoD on the list. It sunk a further time when I saw the pricing. Not wanting to become one of those who moans but why do the US get it better than us? Pricing especially, I can handle the fact that localisation is a major issue.
My heart rose again when I saw the Fallout DLC so alls not bad. You do a great job Mike so this isn’t aimed at you, just the publishers. Why can’t we have NIS’s special offer?

ljforlozz 8 October, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   47

is monster hunter online game?

Blasteroids 8 October, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   48

Hi Mike,

5 weeks and still waiting for the prices to be adjusted for the RockBand Packs and still NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED!
So, are these packs going to be fixed this weeks update?

—> “Tracks are sometimes available in packs which are cheaper” <—
Says the in-game advertising!

Mike Kebby 8 October, 2009 @ 12:35 pm

I reported the issue to Harmonix myself, so here’s to a quick fix once we get the confirmed information back from them.

you can’t play Monster hunter online you need ad hoc party for that i believe

What Hazel is asking Mike is do you have any information on todays Maintenace for Home it was due to go offline at 8.00pm this morning and appears not to have, People have been posting on the forum and the Home blogs wondering whats happenen, if you have any information it would be appreciated as we have heard nothing from anyone else

Load all