Posted 22 January

New UNCHARTED 2 DLC Out Next Week!

Hi all

I’m Richard Yap, European Product Manager at SCEE and I’m looking after the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves DLC. I have some fantastic news to share with those of you who haven’t yet experienced the joys of this award winning and high-acclaimed PS3exclusive: you will be pleased to hear that a demo will be available on PSN store next week! This is your chance to revel in the much talked about action blockbuster. Make sure you download it, you won’t be disappointed.

UC2AT-PS-Heroes-Chimera-Sev[1]

For existing fans, well… we have a special treat in store for you as well. The guys at Naughty Dog have spoken to a few of their friends at Guerilla Games, Insomniac Games and Sucker Punch Productions, and have been able to a pull off something unique within the UNCHARTED 2 competitive multiplayer modes – their first DLC release is the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack!

Uncharted 2 DLC

The ‘PlayStation Heroes’ pack will give you the chance to run and gun through the UNCHARTED 2 online multiplayer maps with some Sony PlayStation favourites! The pack includes seven incredible character skins, where you can battle it out as good Cole, evil Cole or Zeke from inFamous; tear it up as Sgt Nathan Hale or a Chimera Hybrid soldier from the Resistance series; and defeat your enemies as a Helghast Trooper or Tomas “Sev” Sevchenko from Killzone 2.

Uncharted 2 DLC

Both will be available to download from PSN when the store is updated on the 28th January (the demo is, of course, free and the PlayStation Heroes pack will be €4.99). In the meantime check out the Heroes screenshots!

I look forward to answering any questions you may have.

Cheers

Uncharted 2 DLC Uncharted 2 DLC

Uncharted 2 DLC Uncharted 2 DLC

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

106 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

£4.99 does not equal 4.99 euros!!

Well….4.99 EU is not the same as 4.99 pounds Thats seems highly expensive for a few characters. They should be sold individualy at a cheaper price as there is only two chars I would actualy use. So tho I love ND and stuff, I wont be purchasing this pack.

JPKooper616 22 January, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   3

As far as I know Japan are getting this pack for free…

addyjones1234 22 January, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   4

yeah im hoping thats an error @#1 but come on they’re pretty cool, should be about £2.99 imo, there are only 6? skins

PirateThom 22 January, 2010 @ 6:13 pm   5

I liked this idea more when it was rumoured to be free… :(

Galvanise_ 22 January, 2010 @ 6:13 pm   6

Its $4.99 for the US. I am not prepared to pay £4.99 for this pack. £3.79 maybe, but not £4.99. Dear God. When FFVIII releases on the UK store, I could effectively buy two discs worth of awesomeness for £4.99.

Matt_FireWire 22 January, 2010 @ 6:14 pm   7

Great idea ND but I won’t be buying it.

Really, nice I also hope the two other packs announced in Japan comes here. Especially the 3rd one which supposedly contains more co-op play. I absolutely loved the Uncharted co-op levels.

addyjones1234 22 January, 2010 @ 6:15 pm   9

yeah $4.99/4.99euro/£3.99 better but wasn’t it announced as free yesterday?

3.99 sounds slightly better but I still have to add 5pounds to my PSN as thats the lowest amount I can add. Still wont be purchasing.

IrushSpud 22 January, 2010 @ 6:16 pm   11

This looks awesome. Quite wait! Two questions:

1) May I ask is each character divided into the catergory of “Heroes” and “Villains”?

2) Once we download the pack we get the Playstation Heroes in game, or do we need to spend in-game money on them?

Thanks!

Carnivius_Prime 22 January, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   12

I’m not a fan of Resistance or Killzone at all (hate FPS games) but I loved inFamous and will buy this even just for Cole. I’ve put far, far more hours into Uncharted 2 than any other game I’ve ever owned and I feel like I owe ND more money.

I’d still like to see Solid Snake in Uncharted 2 though.

Good news for the “look at me” attention whonnabes.

TrulyALie 22 January, 2010 @ 6:21 pm   14

I still need to get into Uncharted multiplayer (I’m still treasure hunting, and ModNation beta has my attention for a while), but I’ll be getting this definitely. Nathan Drake, Sev, Cole and Hale on the same team? That sounds like the most epic crossover in history. Will be fun to see Chimera and Helghast together as well. Agree with above, Snake would be welcomed too.

CloudStorm87 22 January, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   15

Asking us to pay £4 when American get it for $5 is just unfair. It should be at most £3 IMO.

That said, in this particular case I’ll still shell out the extra quid because I think ND gave us a game that was well worth its value and I’m actually excited to play as other PlayStation protagonists in the game.

Carnivius_Prime 22 January, 2010 @ 6:28 pm   16

By the way £3.99 sounds like a fair price for 7 skins, moreso when comparing it with other games (about 57pence per character I think working off the top of my head and other games are 79pence or even £1 and over). Dunno what people are complaining about. Few extra pounds for looks like some well done model work work in the screenshots sounds good value for the best damn game on the PS3.

Great skin pack overall, but the price tag is a bit underwhelming…

I guess I’ll still buy it though…

GamesPlayer 22 January, 2010 @ 6:41 pm   18

Is this going to become a new way for stealing money from people?
This is not Playstation Home, we don’t pay for skins. Skins??

ABC-Warrior 22 January, 2010 @ 6:43 pm   19

Superb! Only a week or so ago on a forum, someone was asking what skins gamers would like to see on UC2 multiplayer and I said a Helghan soldier! Woo Hoo!

Forget the price, this is fantastic :)

Well wo things I still think that £4 is a bit to dear for my blood but what I find funny is:
$5 = 3.1009675 £
$5 = 3.53907135 Euro
So the Euro is getting the worst deal here haha :P
More information?
5 Euros = 4.38104689 £
5 Euros = 7.06400 $
Convinced? I am :)
p.s. Thats at the exchange rate on http://www.google.co.uk and may not be 100% accurate and is probably 50% accurate by the time you are reading this because of how often the exchange rates change for full terms and conditions…. haha :P

Sounds and looks COOL ;P

ssorc_bro 22 January, 2010 @ 6:53 pm   22

OH YEAH BABY!!!
I will definitely be buying this pack!!!
£3.99… 57p per skin… awesome!!!
I [DELETED] love this game!!!
:D

I don’t want to see heroes from other games running around in Uncharted 2 :( .

Made my day.

Dosnt Japan get this skin pack for free? And can you give us any info about these packs for Europe?:

February 25
Additional content pack 2 (price TBA)
- Two Multiplayer maps, one from Uncharted 1’s ruins
- Multiplayer skins from Uncharted

April 15
Additional content pack 3 (price TBA)
- Multiplayer cooperative mode
- Four multiplayer maps
- Five multiplayer skins

remanutd5 22 January, 2010 @ 7:04 pm   26

Excellent !!!! sackboy? Kratos? Ratchet? Motorstorm ? lol im asking too much anyways i will get it for sure

Thanks Richard Yap !

But….Isnt There Also New Game Modes Coming Out ?!

Thanks Richard Yap !

But….Isnt There Also New Game Modes Coming Out ?!

EDIT : And Maps Too ?

Prem-aka-Prince 22 January, 2010 @ 7:05 pm   29

yea… good idea but… I already worked hard to earn the two skins I want. Plus two skins came for buying it on release day. I mean I can only wear one at a time so what’s the point. I’m pass. I don’t want more multiplayer. What’s the main thing you market uncharted 2 on? the award winning story?
…then that’s what we want to pay for. If ALL the DLC’s multiplayer you can count me out. You should have DLC that supplements BOTH.

remanutd5 22 January, 2010 @ 7:08 pm   30

ohhh i forgot 1 more iconic character NARIKO!!!!! we havent forgotten you !!!! we want Heavenly Sword 2 sony !!!!!

FINALLY! :D

Bahamut44-4 22 January, 2010 @ 7:09 pm   32

Best. Idea. Ever.

Whoever came up with this idea should have a big raise.

But still, someones missing aren’t they? I mean, I wouldda loved to have gunned down Helghast or Chimera with Sackboy! ^_^

almighty-slayer 22 January, 2010 @ 7:15 pm   33

Hint: $4.99 is not £4.99

Won’t buy it until you learn this.

cool costumes.
but 4,99 is pritty mutch! :O

funnydude6556 22 January, 2010 @ 7:17 pm   35

wait I got told the Playstation Heroes pack was free? I’m ok with paying for it if you want to charge. Also is there any news on what the next two DLC packs I’ve heard of are going to be?

This should be also unlockable with the ingame money… even if it’s $5,000,000

funnydude6556 22 January, 2010 @ 7:18 pm   37

@almightyslayer

You got it wrong. They put it in euroes because the majority of europe is using that form of currency.

Isnt this abit over priced? €4.99 is the price of a PSOne Classic, thats a full game you can buy right there for the same amount of money. The Assassins Creed 2 DLC was also priced today that thats only 3,99€ for a full chapter with several missions in it.
Come on, i’m not sure who decided on the price for this but he’s going abit insane it would seem.

funnydude6556 22 January, 2010 @ 7:20 pm   39

@N30RYU

You want to make gamers earn content they bought with money? Are you even listening to yourself! Nobody wants to do that, should we have people earn the tracks they download from guitar hero and rock band as well?!

Ryusennin 22 January, 2010 @ 7:25 pm   40

I’d like to remind Naughty Dog and Sony Europe that the Indra skin pack is not even compatible between different European versions of the game. Many European gamers have bought their “European” copy of Uncharted 2 in the UK (especially the Limited Edition), and have found out that the Indra skin pack they bought through their “local” PSN just doesn’t work at all.

To my knowledge, Uncharted 2 is the first PS3 game that is not “pan-Europe” compatible. I live in France and buy most of my games in the UK. All the “French” DLC I bought for those “UK” games (Burnout, Genji 2, Dead Space, BioShock, Valkyria Chronicles, The Force Unleashed…) are perfectly compatible. The only exception is Uncharted 2.

Considering that the Indra pack “bug” was not fixed already, chances are the next DLC will be “EU-locked” as well. If this happens to be the case, I’ll have no choice but to pass on these multiplayer extensions.

Awesome guys – I especially like the helghast soldier!

Will the dlc come with trophies?

Sty_Azores 22 January, 2010 @ 7:33 pm   43

Great news, i’m really excited for this skins, but I got the game form the UK, and i’m from Portugal, if I buy them from my store they won’t work like the ones that came with the comic book. Could you guys do something about that ?? I have a UK account but I can’t ad funds :(

MaikelSteneker 22 January, 2010 @ 7:33 pm   44

Not bad, but I won’t get the DLC, simply because I’m not interested in skins from these games. Now if I’d be able to used Solid Snake…

The demo is a great thing. The Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune demo is still a good example of how Uncharted 2 is, but in these two years there’s been a lot of improvements. A Uncharted 2 demo can truly show people how great the game is.

Simple solution Ryusennin: Get the DLC off the UK Store. It seems that SCEE games (offixial ones) come in 2 versions: Central European and UK. Thats why the UK has been getting games later then the rest of Europe.

Great way to waste your money, wouldn’t pay 50p let alone £4.

Seraphus-Y 22 January, 2010 @ 7:43 pm   47

Too bad you’re actually charging for these things. It would be nice to have those as unlockables when one would receive the platinum trophy of the corresponding game.

Andy-McK-4ever 22 January, 2010 @ 7:47 pm   48

Good to see the skins confirmed for the EU. Although, I’m only really interested in the inFamous skins (Evil Cole looks kick-ass holding an RPG), I’ll definately be buying this since ND deserve it for supporting the game for so long (by the time the April DLC comes around, they will have been supporting it for around 7 months). It’s a good thing I was planning to get a PSN card tomorrow. I guess I’ll get a 50 euro one instead of the 20 euro one I was planning to get

Cringles88 22 January, 2010 @ 7:47 pm   49

I read on Joystiq that the skins were free, but the new maps would cost. Or is the free skins just for Japan…Here’s the link

Cringles88 22 January, 2010 @ 7:49 pm   50

Make sure you hit back space beside pack..not sure why it came out like that.

Load all