Posted 4:02pm

Magic Orbz DLC

Hey PlayStation bloggers! It’s Scott again, from Tik/Creat. Do you all mind if I just crash out on the couch for a while? Since I’m here so often, I figured I might as well just move in for a while. That cool?

In exchange for food money, how about a new announcement? TikGames/Creat Studios is proud to deliver another Add-On Pack for our hit game, Magic Orbz. Since breaking apart pirates, witches and igloos just wasn’t enough, it’s now time to take our destructive tendencies into the JUNGLE!

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 06

On Thursday, April 18th in North America and April 22nd in Europe, you can download the Jungle Pack for Magic Orbz for just $2.99/€2.99. The Jungle Pack is loaded with wild beasts, ancient ruins, dense foliage, harsh weather, and everything else you could want to destroy with your little orb.

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 08 Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 03

For those not in the know, Magic Orbz presents a fresh spin on classic brick-breaking gameplay, enabling players to bust apart bright, colorful 3D environments, piece by piece. Using realistic physics and a super-high-tech system of object destruction, Magic Orbz is presented in stunning 1080p with Multiplayer Online and in-game live voice communications. (Now you’re “in the know”.)

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 07

As always, everyone at TikGames/Creat Studios thanks you all for your support and feedback. We all work very hard to bring you great games, and read everything that comes our way from our fans. We can’t do what we love without you!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first
Demadred 13 April, 2010 @ 4:16 pm   1

I love the game, but not sure if i’ll buy it… i used to play it alot with my ex, but not anymore, so it just isn’t the same… maybe i’ll just buy it to support you guys and play it sometime in the future though

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 4:19 pm

Thanks for your support, Demadred. We hope you come back around and enjoy the Jungle Pack soon!

i buy lots from store but sorry not this as im gettn sick and tired of europe always getting stuff late so wont be buying ,hamsterball scott lol thought so no word u can keep it

great! Keep the great games coming to PSN!

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 4:48 pm

Thanks, niked! So long as you keep playing them , we’ll keep making them. Let us know how you enjoy the Jungle Pack.

DANNY3194 13 April, 2010 @ 4:55 pm   4

Why the delay for Europe Scott?

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

The delays for Europe or North America just happen. We always try to get them to launch at the same time. Fro the record, we’ve released as many games a week early in Europe as we have in North America.

Are people honestly complaining about a 4 day delay between us and the U.S?

Seriously??!?

Love the look of the new pack Scott, I have to admit I have yet to purchase Magic Orbz but it looks like the type of game my girlfriend and I would love to co-op together with.

Will there be any trophies hidden in the jungle pack as well by any chance?

I will check out the PSN when I get home from work and most likely give this a punt, looks right up my street. :)

Thanks for taking the time out to post this up, looks like you just made a sale from it. ;)

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 5:16 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Ikkarus. I understand people’s frustrations. Nobody wants to feel like they’re intentionally left behind, even by a few days. We always push to get our games to both North America and Europe at the same time, but it often ends up that one continent or another has to wait a week.

So glad that you’re enjoying Magic Orbz. Please let us know how you enjoy the jungle pack.

HAMSTERBALL scott been longer than a week since u.s gt it

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

Hamster Ball is the one exception, Seany1. We’re working hard to get it to EU as fast as possible. We’re not holding back on you, I promise. :-)

valkyrio 13 April, 2010 @ 5:30 pm   7

Is there going to be a dedicated TikGames/Creat Studios Publisher Page in Europe too ?

Or is that another US only thing ?

xchris2008x 13 April, 2010 @ 5:33 pm   8

On Thursday, April 18th in North America and April 22nd in Europe,

april 18th is a sunday not a thursday, i should know my 21st birthday is on monday 19th april. :)

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 5:36 pm

That would be a typo, xchris2008x. It’s Thursday, April 15th in North America.

I’m sure that the hard working folks at Sony are just checking that you’re paying attention. No getting that by you!

Darkscorpius 13 April, 2010 @ 5:37 pm   9

Sweet more Magic Orbz dlc. I don’t play that much atm (too many games out right now) but I’ll pick it up anyway. Magic Orbz is one of those nice PSN games useful for those moments when you don’t feel like playing anything else.

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

So happy to know that you’ll pick it up, Darkscorpius. Whether it’s a fun diversion or a devoted obsession, we just want you to have fun playing Magic Orbz.

valkyrio 13 April, 2010 @ 5:37 pm   10

Thanks for the answer Scott !

scott to make it up to us for the hamsterball 2 week delay lol any chance you guys at tiki can make some psn avatars and dynamic themes to buy

Darkscorpius 13 April, 2010 @ 6:10 pm   12

It’s a bit of both Scott. When I start playing it I play for hours, reminds me of all those hours of fun/fustration I had playing Arkanoid many moons ago.

which reminds me of another game that I loved back then but it also drove me insane. It was Anarchy on the CPC464, I’d love to see you guys or someone else something like it on the PSN.

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 6:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Darkscorpius. I’ll pass it along to the dev team.

Bilouze 13 April, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   13

How about a new add-on for Cuboid ?

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

We’ve chatted about it, Bilouze. Always good to get some love for Cuboid.

I didn´t had any expectations when I bought this game but it´s a lot of fun. The gameplay is easy to start with but gets more difficult the longer you play.
Let me say it in 3 words; fun, fun, fun!!!

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

How about 6 more words:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So glad you’re enjoying it, Tielo!

xchris2008x 13 April, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   15

Will you be doing the TikGames/Creat Studios sale in the Eu like you did in america?

moriarty1975 13 April, 2010 @ 6:18 pm   16

Anything else planned for the game, apart from new levels?

Deak-in 13 April, 2010 @ 6:45 pm   17

Excellent news! Magic Orbz is my favourite PSN game, it’s just a whole lot of fun and was worth all of the £7.99 I payed for it. I’ve been wondering when the new DLC was coming because on the Level Select option it had coming soon under a little picture. Keep up the great work guys and I look forward to playing this new DLC. :D

P.S – Will the new DLC have trophies? As I have 100% on the game and would love to earn some new ones on it. :)

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 7:05 pm

Thanks, Deak-in! So glad that you’re enjoying it.

And yes, there will be new trophies!

Hi Scott,

The prices say $2.99/€2.99, I’d assume the UK price is £1.99, but just to check, How much will this be in the UK?

Thanks

Bonyman 13 April, 2010 @ 7:32 pm   19

Sweet, i’ve bought all the DLC so far so i’ll get this too. Great price too btw.

Scott Hyman 13 April, 2010 @ 7:41 pm

Thanks, Bonyman! It means a lot to us that you’ve enjoyed all the DLC.

moriarty1975 13 April, 2010 @ 8:38 pm   20

You know….other stuff! PS Move support, 3D, Custom soundtracks, A level editor….cant think of anything else….!!

Nice, so what came out of this chat, Scott ? I know there are always new levels thanks to the editor but let’s be honest, most are just crap from people who just want the editor trophies. The Booster Pack was really good though, really challenging, loved it.

Also, any chances for a Magic Orbz bundle with the full game + all add-ons ?

Oops, i spoke too soon Scott. It appears Sony would rather not have me make any further purchases on PSN as i’m keeping the linux option i paid dearly for. What a shame, it doesn’t really seem fair but perhaps Sony will actually do something in the future to welcome us loyal PS3 owners back ‘into the fold’. With over 60 PSN games bought it must surely stand for something other than a fool and his money being easily parted.
My apologies for changing the tone of your blog entry Scott but this is how things currently stand for me. Magic Orbz is great and I will buy the DLC if i can reconnect to PSN in the future.

amplifiedAnt 13 April, 2010 @ 10:51 pm   23

Isn’t this a bit expensive for more re-skinned levels that essentially play exactly the same as the originals? I like the game and Tik/Creat (you guys have brought out some cracking little games), but I’ve had Magic Orbz (née Magic Ball) since day one and it’s getting a bit dry with no new features in the DLC.

What are we at now; circa £17 for the people that have been buying the content as it’s been coming out? I don’t mind splashing out for new levels etc – it’s good to add to a game’s longetivity – I simply feel that we aren’t getting our money’s worth. Unfortunately I’m something of an avid trophy collector and will hate losing my 100% on Magic Orbz, so I expect I’ll end up buying it anyway…

I hope I’m wrong, but it looks like the screenshots prove my point unfortunately. Sorry to go off on one in a largely positive thread of conversation, it’s just something that’s plagued my mind regarding Magic Orbz ever since the Winter pack came out.

Well “rymanb” posted on 13 April, 2010 at 7:10 pm and you kindly reply back 7.12 pm say you where going to find out the price in UK/GB as only stated the price as $2.99/€2.99. Well by now you should know the UK £ price by now.

kevinpage1 16 April, 2010 @ 3:56 pm   25

i love this game will pick this up asap still have the winter pack to pick up aswell

i think you should release a level designer pack so you can make your own levels too share on the network if its possible