Posted 10:03am

New Square Enix Game LORD Of ARCANA Is Coming To PSP

Hi everyone, I’m Rob from Square Enix and I’m pleased to be able to announce today an exciting new PSP game coming soon called LORD of ARCANA. Set in the world of Horodyn, players take on the role of slayers trying to get their hands on the incredible power of Arcana.

Here are some early gameplay details and screenshots direct from Japan : )
‘LORD of ARCANA is a new action game from Square Enix for the PSP (PlayStationPortable) system!

ss004

Set in a unique and beautiful fantasy world, this new action game with exciting multiplayer gameplay is coming soon.

Simultaneous multi-player gaming is available for up to four players, allowing you to team up with friends to face tough monsters and battles together.

The stunning monster artwork in the game has been designed in collaboration with many well-known illustrators who have been successful both abroad and in Japan, including some renowned Square Enix staff.

ss002

With incredible visuals and non-stop action, mixed with great multiplayer co-op and creatures designed by a variety of world-famous illustrators, LORD of ARCANA is not to be missed when it comes to the PSP system.’
We’ve also launched a new website, lordofarcana.com, where you can go to find out some more info on the game, so go and take a look!

ss001

Keep your eyes open for more news on LORD of ARCANA here over the coming weeks and months.

It’d be great to hear your thoughts on the game below, feel free to comment and I’ll try to answer what I can : )

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Looks interesting.

I will add this to my must watch list. :)

Roxas598 1 July, 2010 @ 11:39 am   2

since your the product manager could you answer my question please :(

can you please say if KH birth by sleep will be released on the playstation store here in the UK on release?

don’t mean to go off topic about this game (it looks really good tho!)but i’m a massive KH fan as you could tell by my PSN ID xD

GothPunk 1 July, 2010 @ 11:39 am   3

Can you give us a hint at a release date window? Will I be playing this by Xmas or waiting until next summer? The website says ‘Coming soon’, hmm…

People have called this a Monster Hunter clone like that’s some kind of dirty word. I for one am looking forward to this game ^^. (Especially if it has infrastructure play *hint hint S-E*).

lulufeena 1 July, 2010 @ 11:40 am   4

looks cool, cant wait to hear more,

btw can you answer a quick question. will kingdom hearts birth by sleep be released on the playstation store at the same time as the umd?

Rob Rutter 1 July, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

Hi lulufeena, glad you think the game looks cool!

I know a lot of people are interested in whether Kingdom Hearts BBS will be on PlayStation Store, but I’m afraid there’s no comment on this yet.

lulufeena 1 July, 2010 @ 11:41 am   5

haha asked the same q as roxas!

robotiod 1 July, 2010 @ 11:51 am   6

Definitely looks like something I will want to play, when the first picture came up I literally said WOW. Can’t wait to get this now :)

Looks awesome, I love PSP RPGs!

Hi Rob
Is this better or worse than Monster Hunter?
PLEASE REPLY!

Rob Rutter 1 July, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

Seeing as you asked nicely iELL, I can say this – if you buy the game, you’ll find out ; )

lambchoplad 1 July, 2010 @ 12:03 pm   9

Is this like another Final Fantasy game? Like Final Fantasy 2,734,666? Try doing that with roman numerals!

wow Direct from Japan aswell… loving that! Will you be able to play the game in Japanese? See I’m learning at the minute so think it would be helpful…. maybe you could give me some pointers Rob?

GrumpyMcGrump 1 July, 2010 @ 12:09 pm   10

hi rob,
first off, this game looks really cool, reminds me a bit of the monster hunter series. and i hope you can answer some square enix questions^^
1. is crisis core going to be released on the psn store anytime soon?
and 2. is kingdom hearts birth by sleep going to be released on the psn store? i heard it wouldnt because ob something with disney not allowing online distribution or something. idk
best regards :)

Thanks for the reply Rob.
Love your avatar btw!

lulufeena 1 July, 2010 @ 12:26 pm   12

thanks for the reply, please keep us updated on the psn version of BBS.

will there be a long wait between the japenese version of lord of arcana and the eu release?

Carnivius_Prime 1 July, 2010 @ 12:27 pm   13

einhander, brave fencer musashi and xenogears ps1 games on our store please? :)

AaronSOLDIER 1 July, 2010 @ 12:49 pm   14

Please can we have FF6 on the PS Store, and a KH Collection on PS3 with Final Mix+ 1 and 2.

Red_Memory 1 July, 2010 @ 1:34 pm   15

This does look very interesting.

I just hope it will be available on PSN and not for some absurdly high price.

xchris2008x 1 July, 2010 @ 2:17 pm   16

Square Enix could you plz make some more Jrpg’s for the ps3, as it is severely lacking of them :(

Hmm. Looks like an interesting take on an RPG. If it’s at all possible, could there be a demo before release? I really need to give it a try before buying :D

Angel_mass 1 July, 2010 @ 5:17 pm   18

I cant wait to see what Square Enix can do with a game like this, the possibilities are endless. Maybe is to early to ask this but It will have DLC?

Focalpoint 1 July, 2010 @ 5:17 pm   19

i love rpg’s, especially action rpg’s.

if this appears on the playstation store to buy as a digital download then ill definitely get it for my psp go….. and as long as its priced lower than retail recommended price unlike the recent metal gear which was, borderline illegally, priced above RRP on the store.

Akira_Tenshi 1 July, 2010 @ 8:25 pm   20

Is this being developed by Square or just published by them?

nemesisND1derboy 1 July, 2010 @ 8:56 pm   21

Looks awesome Rob! Can’t wait for Birth By Sleep either! Just wondering, is this being dev’d in-house or are Square publishing it? Thanks!

bluespook 2 July, 2010 @ 5:20 am   22

This game is looking really good,
Now all i have to wait for is kh:bbs, ffIv to come out & the ff13 avatars (hopefully we get the avatars especially the chocobo chick) & ill be set.
Oh & 1 more thing if square-enix bring ffversus13 to 360 & ruin it like they did ff13 then im going stop buying square-enix games.

djax-djax-djax 2 July, 2010 @ 7:43 am   23

Messy graphics, these games a bunch, not interesting for me

Ragnarok-NZ 2 July, 2010 @ 11:56 am   24

Any idea when we can expect the game to launch in Europe?
This year?

PSN release as well?
Please and thank you :)

Ragnarok-NZ 2 July, 2010 @ 11:57 am   25

Any idea when we can expect the game to launch in Europe?
This year?

PSN release as well?

iDanGeR_8 2 July, 2010 @ 7:19 pm   26

Thanks

saholic 4 July, 2010 @ 1:54 am   27

Do square-enix plans to release a “monster hunter like” game, or a port of LORD of ARCANA, to the PS3?