Posted 20 December

A ‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update Special – SCEE Festive Sale 2010

Banner-E_festive_offers_EN

Happy holiday wishes from all of us at SCEE!

I’ve hopped on the blog a couple of days early to give you the chance to prepare your wallets for the Festive Sale, which will run from 22nd December to the 5th January.

We’ve got loads of fantastic offers for you, new titles and old, to help you swell your games collection this holiday, spanning both PS3 and PSP from a wide selection of publishers. You may have noticed that some publishers are not involved in this sale – while I won’t go into details yet, I’m sure you can figure out what’s going on and if not, all will be revealed in the new year.

But enough about what’s not here – let’s focus on what is. There’s a great selection of PSN titles on offer at some great prices, including around 50% off Joe Danger, Worms 2: Armageddon and Lead and Gold. We’ve also got half-off on episodic titles with Blue Toad Murder Files and Tales of Monkey Island – perfect if you’ve passed on them so far. We’ve also got a couple of classic PSN titles in the form of Bomberman Ultra and Burn Zombie Burn! And at these prices you have the perfect excuse to revisit them. minis are also in on the action with six great titles available for only £1.74/€1.99

We’ve also got a selection of titles from some of the biggest publishers in the gaming world who have gone out of their way to offer you some early Christmas presents in the form of some fantastic discounts.

Disney has slashed the price on Toy Story 3 for PSP and are offering you 50% off all the expansion packs too. They’ve also gone all Christmassy with half-off The Nightmare Before Christmas Premium XMB theme.

EA has gone all out by bringing you discounts on their incredibly awesome DeathSpank titles, as well as massive reductions on Dante’s Inferno and Need for Speed: Shift for PSP. Theme Park and Theme Hospital? One word – Fantastic.

Namco Bandai have done us proud with 25% reductions on two almost new titles: DeadStorm Pirates for all you rails-shooter fans, and the mighty Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. If that weren’t enough they’ve dropped four of their classic PSP titles by 50% – including Tekken 6 and everyone’s favourite handheld driving game…it’s RIIIIIDGE RACER!

SEGA are not to be outdone either (everyone say thank you to Mike) because they’re bringing us Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode One at almost half-off, Sonic Adventure and After Burner: Climax at 50% off and even Valkyria Chronicles 2 gets the half-price treatment.

Square-Enix have dropped the prices on all their Tomb Raider content, including Underworld for PS3, Legends and Anniversary for PSP and the original Tomb Raider for PSone. If you missed the frankly fantastic Space Invaders: Infinity Gene when it released, it comes highly recommended at 30% off.

Ubisoft have bundled together some of the best PSN titles, old and new, at compelling prices and have cut the costs of PSP racing to round off the new year with price drops on Asphalt Urban GT2, Driver ’76 and Street Riders.

There’s also a few classic PSN titles of our very own on offer – take a look at the full list below.

I’m out of space but I’ll be back on Wednesday with the final PSN Store update of the year. See you all then!

PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)

Festive Offers (available on PS3 and PSP where applicable)

(Offer prices available until the 5th January)

• Alien Breed: Impact (was – £14.99/€11.99 now – £8.99/€7.19)
  • Blue Toad Murder Files: Episodes 1-6 (was – £17.49/€21.99 now – £9.99/€12.99)
  • Bomberman Ultra (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Burn Zombie Burn! (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
  • Burn Zombie Burn…In Space! (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
  • Ferrari: The Race Experience (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
  • Flight Control HD (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
  • Gottlieb Pinball Classics (PSP) (was – £8.79/€10.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Joe Danger (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £4.99/€6.19)
  • Lead and Gold: Gangs of the West (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Tales of Monkey Island: Complete Season (was – £13.99/€17.99 now – £7.19/€8.99)
  • Worms 2: Armageddon (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)

Festive minis Offers

• Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter (was – £3.49/€3.99 now – £1.74/€1.99)
  • Rocks n’ Rockets (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £1.74/€1.99)
  • Freekscape: Escape from Hell (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £1.74/€1.99)
  • Arctic Adventures: Polar’s Puzzles (was – £3.49/€3.99 now – £1.74/€1.99)
  • Vibes (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £1.74/€1.99)
  • Stellar Attack (was – £3.49/€3.99 now – £1.74/€1.99)

Festive Offers from Disney

• Toy Story 3 (PSP) (was – £27.99/€34.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Alien Escapades Add-on (PSP) (was – £1.59/€1.99 now – £0.79/€0.99)
  • Buzz’s Adventures Add-on (PSP) (was – £1.59/€1.99 now – £0.79/€0.99)
  • Woody’s Round Up Add-on (PSP) (was – £1.59/€1.99 now – £0.79/€0.99)
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas Premium Theme (was – £1.19/€1.49 now – £0.59/€0.75)
  • Lilo and Stitch: Trouble in Paradise (PSone)

Festive Offers from EA

• DeathSpank (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Need for Speed: Shift (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £9.99/€12.99)
  • Dante’s Inferno (PSP) (was – £31.99/€39.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Theme Park (PSone) (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
  • Theme Hospital (PSone) (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)

Festive Offers from Namco Bandai

• Deadstorm Pirates (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £5.49/€6.99)
  • Me and My Katamari (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • Ridge Racer (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PSP) (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Tekken 6 (PSP) (was – £31.99/€39.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)

Festive Offers from SCEE

• Fat Princess (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • PixelJunk Shooter (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
  • LBP Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit (was – £4.79/€5.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
  • LBP Pirates of the Caribbean Costume Kit (was – £4.79/€5.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
  • echoshift (PSP) (was – £14.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake (PSP) (was – £19.99/€29.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Gravity Crash (PSP) (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)

Festive Offers from SEGA

• Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode One(was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £5.49/€6.99)
  • Sonic Adventure (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
  • Sonic Adventure DX Add-on Pack (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
  • After Burner: Climax (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP) (was – £27.99/€34.99 now – £13.99/€17.99)
  • Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP) (was – £19.99/€34.99 now – £13.99/€17.99)

Festive Offers from Square-Enix

• Space Invaders: Infinity Gene (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £5.49/€6.99)
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £7.19/€8.99)
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld (was – £16.99/€20.99 now – £8.79/€10.99)
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Tomb Raider: Legend (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Tomb Raider (PSone) (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)

Festive Offers from Ubisoft

• Prince of Persia Classic + Cell Factor Bundle (£7.99/€9.99)
  • Scott Pilgrim + Turtles in Time Reshelled + Voodoo Dice Bundle (£11.99/€14.99)
  • Asphalt: Urban GT 2 (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • Driver ’76 (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • Street Rider (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

131 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Okey NOW I WILL BUY JOE DANGER

Noting of interest to me. When is the PS3 Protection plan coming to UK PS3 users? I really need one for my 60GB PS3. Thanks indvance.

deltaman-3 20 December, 2010 @ 3:05 pm   3

wow might get tombraider for £3.99.well done ps store

There’s a couple of things I wouldn’t mind but knowing my luck they’ll be free for PS+ users in a month or 2…….

beardyweirdy 20 December, 2010 @ 3:08 pm   5

is Bad Company Vietnam out on Wednesday

Great savings there, shame I own nearly all of them. But great deals all the same.

Chocobo115 20 December, 2010 @ 3:10 pm   7

O M G

Only thing i got to complain about is that I’ve already paid full price for a whole bunch of nice stuff there, like MI, Fat Princess & Deathsp.

CRASHBASHUK 20 December, 2010 @ 3:10 pm   8

hay is rayman origins out this wed? it says on there blog it be out before xmas can u plz confurm this? http://raymanorigins.uk.ubi.com/

I will be grabbing a couple of these.

What is the proper price for Ferrari The Race Experience? The full price is wrong, so I assume the sale price is too.

Ross McGrath 20 December, 2010 @ 3:39 pm

Thanks for spotting that – the correct price for Ferrari: The Race Experience is £11.99/€14.99

The reduced price is £7.99/€9.99

flamingcarrot 20 December, 2010 @ 3:11 pm   10

Merry Christmas Ross – there are some absolutely cracking deals there. Just glad that I have stocked up on PSN credit :)

Ill take sonic 4 thanks, but gutted there is no peace walker!

Neo-Renzokuken 20 December, 2010 @ 3:12 pm   12

Will be getting quite a few of the games on this list :D

Cool to see some PS1 classics on sale as well though was hoping Crash Bandicoot 3 would be among them, and some more of the PS1 classics that are currently above £5.

Kanyeeezy 20 December, 2010 @ 3:12 pm   13

Oh wow ! Im really looking forward to this, got to play Tomb Raider again, oh and try Deathspank as everyone has been raving about it, oh and Sonic adventures. This really is something to cheer about, nice one Ross. I have a funny feling there is a even better surprise coming . . .

Holy crap, that’s quite the sale! Awesome :D

Happy holidays and thank you for the fantastic deals !

almighty-slayer 20 December, 2010 @ 3:15 pm   16

It’s called Christmas ;)

cakeforme288 20 December, 2010 @ 3:17 pm   17

Nothing for me im afraid, ill have a looky on IGN to see if any of them are must buys

any word on the next round of treats for the plus members?

MrAlakija 20 December, 2010 @ 3:17 pm   18

Finally, im actually leaving a positive comment here… good work guys. Does anyone understand the cryptic message saying “You may have noticed that some publishers are not involved in this sale…..”

Maybe this is why Konami and the rest of em aren’t on the list, yes?

Carnivius_Prime 20 December, 2010 @ 3:18 pm   19

I’ve already got everything on the listthat I would have been tempted by. I’m still waiting for the first Watchmen game to get reduced.

Nice to see a great range of offers in addition to the store update (that’s right isn’t it?)!

Looking forward to it, might bpick up a few more to plug the holes in my collection.

MrAlakija,

I’m going to guess that there’s going to be a second crop of deals in the new year. :D

Pacman_Ownage 20 December, 2010 @ 3:24 pm   22

>.>

How about a jolly nice festive treat in the form of a very certain card based battle game, with “Gathering”, and “The”, and “Magic” in the title :D

Go on… I know you want to :3

sentry-23 20 December, 2010 @ 3:24 pm   23

Nice update :)

‘good job’.

By the way, could any of you bother Ubisoft for an update on the Rayman Origins release date ?
It seems like it wont make a 2010 release, having heard nothing after July :(

MrAlakija 20 December, 2010 @ 3:28 pm   24

V_Ben

Fingers crossed on that one mate…. Still waiting MGS Peace Walker :)

Raider197 20 December, 2010 @ 3:30 pm   25

There’s a few good deals in there, may pick up Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light if I get a PSN card over the holidays.

KeizerKuzco 20 December, 2010 @ 3:31 pm   26

Thanks for the heads-up; gives me enough time to run to the shop and get me a €20 PSN-card!

I think I’ll buy Flight Control HD, Pixeljunk Shooter and perhaps Joe Danger! Thank god I didn’t press “buy” yesterday when I was thinking about buying Flight Control HD :)

Great offers!

Will there be any similar festivity update for PS+ members ? :D

johnleonhart 20 December, 2010 @ 3:48 pm   28

Awesome sauce Ross. I like this. Will def be getting the wallet out over Xmas. I have 2 weeks off over the festive period so will be able to get plenty of gaming time in.

Thanks :)

Skookie30 20 December, 2010 @ 3:48 pm   29

Hurrah a double dose of Ross this week it is great to see some my Fabs devs on the sale 9 quid for TR-Underword is a steal some others i like as well.

the cyptic clue is konami and others are getting ready for Imports store or my name is jack frost ;)

i give this update a good one but what new game? you said old & new. :|

9/10

FlunkYou2 20 December, 2010 @ 3:51 pm   30

Just wanted to say thanks and Merry Christmas ;)

Skookie30 20 December, 2010 @ 3:55 pm   31

edit: Nevermind i will check out Deadstorm Pirates on youtube i never knew that 1 that went off my radar what it like? :|

TheSabreman 20 December, 2010 @ 4:01 pm   32

Some good games at excellent prices – Joe Danger, Lara Croft & Pac-Man Championship Edition DX all PSN essential purchases (Just look at Metacritic).

With incoming demos this week of Dead Space 2 & Mass effect 2 PSN Store fans should be ecstatic !

Shifty_Geezer 20 December, 2010 @ 4:04 pm   33

Any word on Under Siege? I’ve been hording my Christmas Pennies for that, but it looks like it won’t be out for Christmas and I’ll be a bit bored. :(

CYBER-SNAKE55 20 December, 2010 @ 4:05 pm   34

I only have enough money left from my Christams shopping to buy Fat Princess or PixelJunkShooter. Can someone help me decide which one to get?

(Does anyone still play Fat Princess online?)

Tridentmorph 20 December, 2010 @ 4:07 pm   35

Great stuff but just added up my wish list to over £60, oh well, call it a christmas present to me I guess, better get the wallet up.

Thanks Christmas!! =D

There are some very great deal. I’ll wait for the 22th December update for write my personal list of PSN gifts.

Most probably I’ll buy Tomb Raider Underworld at 10,99€!!
Here in Italy I found it, new, retail, at 16,90€.
Just today I was searching an e-mail for contact Eidos and telle them why the game cost 20,99€ in Europe and 14,99$ in US. Now I think I can forgive them a bit.

And I’ll see for PixelJunk Shooter (I never loved shot’em up shooter and in generally the PixelJunk series) and Joe Danger (same discourse, I don’t like this Racing/Arcade/Time Trial game).

damn you ross, i bought scott pilgrim 2 weeks ago and i coulda paid an extra could quid and got 2 more games if i waited 2 more weeks fuuuuuu
also SE seem to have good deals a whole £2 off tomb raider guardian of light *sarcasm* seems the only game ill be buying is pixeljunk shooters and maybe burn zombie burn

AaronSOLDIER 20 December, 2010 @ 4:10 pm   38

Sony, my wallet = dry. :’(

PS3 Protection plan for UK users?

CinderShadow 20 December, 2010 @ 4:14 pm   40

Dear Ross,

I know, chances are that there’s NO WAY it can make this festive season, although it would make my 2011, and I don’t know that it even can be brought in to being, but PLEASE, do all you can to bring the EU Xenogears, next year if at all possible! :)

Great offers here, thanks muchly to the publishers, and Merry Christmas to all. :) Now, to stop writing letters, and set about making lists!

Pamperdamps 20 December, 2010 @ 4:21 pm   41

Doh!!!! Brought Jo Danger yesterday, any chance of £5 back to spend on one of these other offers!

GutsBerserker 20 December, 2010 @ 4:22 pm   42

OMG what have you done?

Lara Croft, Pacman DX and Sonic 4 for me please…and then there’s still BF:Vietnam! My wallet will cry itself to sleep until new years eve ;)

@ “January Sales”, is there going to be something of this magnitude hitting our wallets next month??!

sully1311 20 December, 2010 @ 4:23 pm   43

Arrgh! My PS3 and Bravia are stuck 40 miles away from me coz of the snow!! I want Joe Danger!!

Some nice offers there!

CookieMonsterES 20 December, 2010 @ 4:35 pm   45

Awesome deals! My credit card won’t be as happy as I am :D

TheNarrator 20 December, 2010 @ 4:35 pm   46

holy purse-ripping, Batman! loads of awesome deals in there! :) (though id argue that most should have been those prices when first released, but whatever :P)

hope the Store doesnt sell out of the games i want to grab too soon. oh, wait, hehe.

Nice selection, not bought any PSN games in a while so I think I’ll pick up Joe Danger (been waiting for it to drop), Sonic 4 Episode 1, and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Merry Christmas Ross & SCEE!

WOW! Some nice offers there! :O

I’m definitely going to buy Flight Control HD, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, Sonic Adventures + the DX add-on, Joe Danger and anything else that takes my fancy. :D

Also, hope I’m not the first one to say this, but:

THANK YOU MR MIKE KEBBY!!! :P

Awww, I miss him already. ;)

Prem-aka-Prince 20 December, 2010 @ 4:46 pm   49

Good to see a set of sales from playstation^^ Glad to see Blue Toad Murder Files on sale, as I’ve yet to pick up episodes 4-6, but I have mixed feelings about 1-6 going for the same price as 4-6 with no mention of a sale on the half bundles… well one can only hope.
I’m also losing hope Watchmen part 2 will ever see a sale haha but that was a longshot xD

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
As this is the UK & Europe maybe you could wish us ‘Merry Christmas from SCEE’ instead of the American ‘Happy Holidays.’

-but apart from that, thanks for the update. Is the Mass Effect 2 demo still coming this week?

Load all