Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:57am

PlayStation Official App Version 1.1 Is Now Available

I announced a few weeks ago the next version of the PlayStation Official App. We have since then discovered an issue with the PSN sign in the current version (1.05). I want to thank all the users who took the time to report this problem and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you all.

I’m happy to say that we have now released the new version (1.1) and the problem with PSN has been resolved.

What’s New In Version 1.1:

Compare Trophy 1

In My PSN:

• Sort your PlayStation Network friends by online status and filter them by presence.
  • Search for PlayStation Network friends.
  • View specific trophy details and compare them against your PlayStation Network friends.

Add Comment Portrait

In News & Blog:

• View comments and rate PlayStation.Blog posts.
  • Write comments on posts in both portrait and landscape mode.

Share and Discuss

In Share & Discuss:

• View updates from PlayStation on Facebook, and Like, Share and comment on updates.
  • View updates from PlayStation on Twitter, with the ability to Follow, Retweet and Reply.
  • View and share videos from PlayStation on YouTube.

The application is available for Android handsets with Android version 1.6 and above (We do not support Android handsets with smaller screens including Xperia 10 mini) and iPhone.

You can update to the latest version directly from your handsets or use the QR codes below to go straight to the download page:

Android QRiTunes QR

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

130 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first
vcdert545tgb 22 July, 2011 @ 4:07 pm   1

Manu – you need to win more trophies!!!

rabiuddin 22 July, 2011 @ 4:08 pm   2

C’mon why only Andriod !! Anyways Comment Option is available so there’s a possibilty of Messaging in later uptdate ;)

Emmanuel Orssaud 22 July, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

The app is available for iPhone and Android. We can’t give you PSN messaging in the app at the moment but hopefully this feature will come at some point.

This has been up for a few days. It’s a great update but could still be improved. I know that chat is difficult but can we not have access to the forum from the app?

Nice! This comment is from my xperia arc :)

UK-Danny 22 July, 2011 @ 4:29 pm   5

Much more functional now. Oh and erm… the new start-up splash is awesome!

Commenting from the app, i wondered why the text entry wasn’t working then i realised it was just a picture ^-^
Now the app works it’s actually pretty cool

snow_hawk_88 22 July, 2011 @ 4:36 pm   7

Thanks for this great app. I posted on the wrong blog post before this one. lol

EpicImmenseCurry 22 July, 2011 @ 4:38 pm   8

Please let us update our Portable IDs in the next version of the app.

psychobudgie 22 July, 2011 @ 4:48 pm   9

excellent, I can now moan via my Neo. woo yay

I forgot to mention that when selecting text the background and text are both grey under the magnifying glass on an iPhone so it’s difficult to move the cursor to the right point!

hybrid_snyper 22 July, 2011 @ 4:49 pm   11

Great update, I love the little splash screen, was that your idea?

Emmanuel Orssaud 22 July, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

Thanks! We’ve also added some animations in the MyPSN section.

End still no word on the Indentity theft protection plan for Netherlands (and other countries).
This is not going to happen, right?
I´m VERY disapointed in Sony. And to know they are putting money in an app like this…
:-(

LIKE-NO-ONE 22 July, 2011 @ 4:56 pm   13

Is there anyway to give a direct link for downloading the app? because I cant find it in my Market. Though the older version was working for me perfectly.

Emmanuel Orssaud 22 July, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

We released the Android version only an hour ago so it might take a few hours to replicate on all Markets.

kalim1993 22 July, 2011 @ 5:07 pm   14

awesome!! I love it, hopefully we’ll be able to message friends in the future? comment from my Sony Ericsson xperia x8 ^_^

XxT_I_K_IxX_PR 22 July, 2011 @ 5:07 pm   15

No US? :(

i think I found a bug in it already, it doesn’t show all the games I have If o compare with a friend it shows that he has it but says that I havnt played it I’ve tried reinstalling the app rebooting the iPhone
Other than that the app is awesome and now I can comment on the blog anywhere like I am now

Emmanuel Orssaud 22 July, 2011 @ 5:17 pm

thanks for letting me know – we’ll look into this issue.

almighty-slayer 22 July, 2011 @ 5:18 pm   17

Commenting from my HTC Desire S. Good update. Love the animation at start up, and the ability to comment and rate articles will be great when i am bored at work ;) thanks guys

Nice!! now i just need to wait for my HTC Desire to be returned from repair….. unfortuanitly, this wont work on my blokia…

@1

Haha Emmanuel shut you right up lol.
Such a great come back, didnt know you SCEE lot had it in you, seriously.

As for the update, every journey starts with a single footstep i guess. A start of great things to come n all that. Msging PSN friends is on my top 3* things like most of us on PSN really but i still love what you guys have done, even if it is 4-5 months later.

Im on my iphone now and was just wondering how do i search for friends on the app?

Oh and before you look at my trophy collection……. Yes. I. Have. No. Life. lol

*Top 3 most wanted features:

3 – Keep user signed in on the app, VERY VERY annoyed to have to input my long email address and password which i sometimes get wrong.

2 – queing up content you from the store to be ready straight to play once you get home, alot like that other mechine out there.

1 – Sending comments to friends which are on the PSN.

Emmanuel Orssaud 22 July, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

You can search for friends in the MyPSN section, click on the magnifying glass at the top.

your top 3 most wanted features:
    3. For security reason, we haven’t been able to implement a perpetual login solution. We are still trying to find a way to keep you logged in.

2. love the idea. not possible now but I’m hoping we can do this later.

1. That would be the best feature, we can’t do this at the moment but hopefully soon.

divine1000 22 July, 2011 @ 5:25 pm   20

I reported the bug with the games count on the last blog post, I can confirm this is still the case on my iPhone 3G. The report comment link is also really vulnerable, I have already reported one blog comment by accident, it maybe should have a ‘confirm’ request.

Emmanuel Orssaud 22 July, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

good point, we can improve this. We’ll look into the games count bug.

ocelot07 22 July, 2011 @ 5:28 pm   21

How come I can’t find it on my Android phone? I scanned the QR code but is said no matches. Am guessing this app dose not support my phone?

My phone is a Vadafone 845.

ALhammadi51 22 July, 2011 @ 5:30 pm   22

Thx , good job

DeathLord25 22 July, 2011 @ 5:40 pm   23

wow this is really good compared to the last version. sent from my Sony Erricson Xperia Play!!!!!! *Amazing PSP Phone* One step down from the ultimate PS Vita

RenanChagas 22 July, 2011 @ 5:43 pm   24

finally the ps app work on the xperia play….weeks without being able to log in on my phone

jason54400 22 July, 2011 @ 5:45 pm   25

Great app I like it so far much easier to comment from my samsung galaxy s now

kingcrowbaruk 22 July, 2011 @ 5:47 pm   26

Any chance of supporting landscape mode. Would make it more usable for my tablet while it’s in the stand.

Shadow-King 22 July, 2011 @ 5:53 pm   27

works great now, good app!

Mr__Stig 22 July, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   28

Can you tell me if i can link my PS3 sub-account 2 facebook plz? I have 5000 trophies almost and 83 platinums. And really want to link it 2 facebook.

Please add the option to filter only minis.

VIPER-G1 22 July, 2011 @ 6:04 pm   30

Gonna start commenting on these posts thanks to the convenience of using my smartphone ;)

ijeffers 22 July, 2011 @ 6:05 pm   31

very nice and great to be able to comment and rate on the blog! :)

dragon_unleashed 22 July, 2011 @ 6:13 pm   32

Awesome update, finally able to comment and share the posts, awesome!

Really cool update. Love that we can comment and see trophy descriptions as well. For people with a lot of games, not all of them appears. It’s the oldest games that doesn’t show up.

Like the new app… Though for som reason Infamous (which I’ve platinumed) dosen’t show up on my trophy list. When I do a compare with a friend his show up but mine are blank.

Else, on my HTC Desire, the virtual keyboard dosen’t capitalize the first letter of a sentence when writing comments like it normally does.

bw_ran93r 22 July, 2011 @ 6:28 pm   35

Doesn’t want to connect when running “internet passthru”. HTC Sensation (android). Fine on standard mobile network.

SeLwOoD-X 22 July, 2011 @ 6:52 pm   36

Nice update, like the new trophy feature, its still a bit slow though :(

Djvilas 22 July, 2011 @ 6:57 pm   37

The android QR code is bugged, I scan it and I get a url but the market says it doesn’t exist.

HostileI7 22 July, 2011 @ 7:04 pm   38

Glad that the sign in problem has been fixed.

Very nice update, doesn’t disappoint. Much smoother and slicker now and the added features are great.
I haven’t had to login again yet and while I understand not have a perpetual login, can the app not simply remember your username and password to save entering it each time?

One thing I would like to change are the huge iPhone skinned “show/hide comments” and “comment and rate” buttons. There is no need for these to be so big or to remain onscreen all the time. Androids at least have a menu button perfect for such things.

iPhone message: “Your request cold not be completed.”

gr0undp0und 22 July, 2011 @ 7:31 pm   41

you need to sort the log in issue. ridiculous.

Anon_of_cro 22 July, 2011 @ 7:45 pm   42

Why can’t I install this app in Croatia? I mean we have PSN here…

Nicarella 22 July, 2011 @ 8:29 pm   43

Certainly an improvement, needs work though, especially around the psn list loss times and details. Thanks for the update though, any chance we can get the next one a little bit quicker?

SHUV__iT 22 July, 2011 @ 8:32 pm   44

Im on it! Samsung galaxy S

jfontyman 22 July, 2011 @ 9:13 pm   45

Seems to work very well, shame about the perpetual logins though.

JigSaw1st 22 July, 2011 @ 9:22 pm   46

very nice, keep up the good work Sony.

JigSaw1st 22 July, 2011 @ 9:22 pm   47

very nice, keep up the good work Sony.

Mat_Husky 22 July, 2011 @ 9:28 pm   48

Well it looks like this new update has completely broken the app, it worked fine before, but now when you press any button on the main menu it crashes. I’ve tried many times but always get the same result, even other people I know have been experiencing the same problem.
So until the next update which will hopefully fix it the app is entirely useless.

mr_xzibit 22 July, 2011 @ 9:34 pm   49

love it. Good job guys

SHAKIRALOVER 22 July, 2011 @ 9:49 pm   50

Yep also loving the start up splash… More than I should to be honest.

Load all