Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:01pm

PlayStation Plus for PS Vita: Launch details confirmed

PS_PLUS_-featured-image

Hello everyone. I know that you’ve all been eagerly anticipating news of the PlayStation Vita Plus service so I am very happy to say that I can finally spill the beans.

We here at Sony PlayStation are very happy to announce that as of 21st November, the Plus service will be extended to the PS Vita. I can also confirm that if you already have a Plus subscription for your PlayStation 3 there is no additional charge whatsoever for the PS Vita service, meaning that you still get all the great PS3 content as well as the additional Vita offers, all for the same one-off price of £39.99 a year.

I am also happy to announce that to compliment the 1GB of online storage you currently receive for the PS3, we will be supplying another 1GB of online storage space for the PS Vita, along with the automatic update facility as standard. As part of the launch of this service the next PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00) will be available to ensure that your operating system is fully up to date with all the latest security patches as well as updated applications, features and settings.

Now, moving on to the important aspect and what you are all here for – the games line up…

At launch there will be four Vita titles available to you instantly. Please note that this is not going to impact the amount of PS3 games available at all – you will still receive the same amount of games as before. However, with the great Vita titles we’re adding to your Instant Game Collection, at any one time you will always have access to a minimum of 14 games a month across both platforms. Not bad, eh?

As with the PS3 service, we will have titles that will be available to you for a longer period of time than usual so you have the chance to play them when and where you feel like, without worrying about them leaving the service anytime soon. For the PS Vita, these two titles will be Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush.

uncharted

Uncharted: Golden Abyss is Nathan Drake’s first adventure on the Vita platform, and follows our hero as he investigates the dark secrets of a massacre of a Spanish expedition to Central America around 400 years ago.

The game is visually stunning and the touch screen display lends itself to a whole new depth of gameplay, making it one of the most exciting Uncharted adventures yet! A must for any Vita owner!

The second title that will be available to you for a prolonged period of time is brought to you by our friends in Japan Studio in the form of Gravity Rush.

gravity rush

You take on the role of Kat, a young girl struggling with amnesia in the troubled city of Hekseville. She awakes with the extraordinary ability to bend and shape gravity with the help of her feline companion Dusty the cat. The townsfolk quickly place the fate of their home in Kat’s hands as she endeavours to understand why she has these new powers and who commands the sinister forces wreaking havoc across her city.

We really love this game and think that everyone should give it a go, as it really highlights the impressive features of the PS Vita.

As promised we also have two further titles launching on the service on 21st November, the first of which is Chronovolt.

Chronovolt

Chronovolt is a brand new 3D puzzle platformer game for the PlayStation Vita family in which the player must guide their Chronosphere through the twists, turns, traps and hazards of Escher-like arenas. Chronovolts scattered around the levels give the player the power to control time in various fashions: stopping it for selected objects, rewinding it and creating time warps.

Time is controlled through use of the PS Vita’s front and back touch panels while the Chronosphere can be controlled either with tilting or with the more classic dual stick controls.

Finally the remaining title that we will have available in your instant game collection comes from our friends at Drinkbox Studios in the form of Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. This side-scrolling platform game is extremely enjoyable to play and its humorous cut scenes make it a light-hearted journey from start to finish. Please take the time to check it out.

talesfromspace

With all this great content lined up for launch and more to come, it couldn’t be a better time to be a Plus subscriber. If you are not currently a member visit our PlayStation Plus site or all you need to know about the service!

Oh just one more thing… as an added bonus, because we think it’s worth celebrating the launch of the service we have secured 20% off a range of PS Vita titles for the first week of the service. Remember, these are only around for one week and will go live as soon as the store update has rolled out so grab them while you can!

Titles to be included are:

• Escape Plan
  • Unit 13
  • Hustle Kings
  • MotorStorm RC
  • Super Stardust Delta and Advanced Star Fighter Pack Bundle
  • Top Darts
  • Little Deviants
  • Modnation Racers: Road Trip
  • Reality Fighters

I think that pretty much covers everything about the impending launch of the Vita Plus service which is going to be a great addition to the PlayStation family. If you have any questions please post them on here and I will try to get round to as many of them as possible.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

415 Comments 21 Author replies
Show oldest first

I might now need to pick up a Vita :)

Megaton!!! Uncharted GA is fantastic, cant wait to try Gravity Rish and other titles. Thanks!!!

w00t, that is just to impressive, glad I already have plus! Thx PlayStation.

DanteofSmeg 13 November, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   4

Awesome , thank you so much well worth the wait.
Good work guys

Oh my goodness!! I am overwhelmed, thanks guys, this is incredible!!! Many memory cards are going to have to be bought now ;) You should think about releasing bigger memory cards now :P

Hi Chris,
nice stuff. :)

quick question,

is there a chance of a + discount for PS All Stars Battle Royale?

anyway thx for this stuff

SpitelordDekka 13 November, 2012 @ 4:06 pm   7

After months and months of negativity from the community (myself included) I am genuinely happy at this line up. It looks like a good cross-section of the Vita’s library.

almighty-slayer 13 November, 2012 @ 4:07 pm   8

Great line up.

Shame US gets Wipeout for free and we don’t though.

Also, i own all of those except Chronovolt.

INS1GHTFUL 13 November, 2012 @ 4:07 pm   9

this is great. but one question. the us are getting jet set radio. i dont care that its not included in Plus but is it coming out in EU next week for vita too?

PsychoDantis 13 November, 2012 @ 4:07 pm   10

Hmm, great news, though I hear the US gets six titles, including Wipeout, which is obviously another Vita retail release.

Why the discrepancy?

Chris Howe 13 November, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

No real reason we just feel it is a better set up for EU this was, but there will be a few surprises over the coming months so look out :)

Great time to be a Vita owner and a Plus subscriber. Thanks a lot, people. :D

Buying bigger memory cards is a must now. XD

ShogunDarius 13 November, 2012 @ 4:08 pm   12

with the wording used you make it sound like that if your not a ps plus subber by 21st you have to pay extra for a vita plus sub, this true?

Chris Howe 13 November, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

Nope, if you are not a Plus subscriber there is no better time to sign up as you will now get all the VITA and PS3 content for the same price as before, we have not changed this.

Confused by the wording of the ‘prolonged period of time’ thing. Will we still be able to download these if we’ve previously ‘purchased’ them (added them to our account) and they then go off the service, as with the PS3, or is this changing?

This is awesome but I give you one guess at which two titles I picked up when I bought my Vita last month ;)

Actually, I’m confused, how does this tie in with PS3 PS+ do we have to choose between Vita games and PS3 games now? I’m not complaining if that’s how it works ‘cus that’s a great deal. I am just highly confused as to how this will work for you guys if it’s included in the same price.

Chris Howe 13 November, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

You don’t have to choose!! You can have both if you have a PS3 and VITA console :)

This is pretty amazing, such great games, and all for such little money! I am just wondering the following: I don’t own a vita yet, I’ll be buying one after christmas. Will I be able to “buy” these games from the PS3 store, so I can still play them when I get my Vita?

Mr_Writer 13 November, 2012 @ 4:09 pm   17

*adds PSVita to basket*

I was holding off untill this was announced. You now have at least one sale.

Three of the four Vita games in November are games I already own. Well, here’s to hoping the content in December fares better for me.

Okay, that is awesome. Guess a Vita is required now. :)

great info

mulletboyjay 13 November, 2012 @ 4:11 pm   21

You state both 20th and 21st in the article. Presumably you meant 21st for both of them?

Wow, that’s fantastic stuff.

Megatrons_Fury 13 November, 2012 @ 4:12 pm   23

WOW

Impressed by this beyond belief.

I currently have no VITA console although i did purchase DISGAEA 3 for it for the day i knew i would get one.

PS PLUS for me is a bit of a wet blanket as i always seem to have the games you offer but considering i dont have anything for the VITA this makes the service so much cooler for me.

Can i ask the community how large games like Uncharted and Gravity rush are please?

Well done Sony, praise earned, praise given.

Mr_Writer 13 November, 2012 @ 4:12 pm   24

Sorry quick question… How often do the games refresh? Is it two will last 6 weeks and the other two 8 weeks?

Chris Howe 13 November, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush are going to be available for you for some time. The other two titles will change on a regular basis

planeet32 13 November, 2012 @ 4:13 pm   25

I think i’ll wait with entering PS + for the Vita as I already own and finished 3 out of 4 games from the instant game collection. Too bad. I was really looking forward to this… How long will Uncharted and Gravity Rush be part of the instant game collection? I might pick PS + up at a later time when there will be games available that I didn’t play yet. Good collection of games though :-)

Amazing!
Can we donload them trough the Vita store or do we need to do it trough the PS3 (not so wondeful) store?
How will games change and when?

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Dante_Zero 13 November, 2012 @ 4:13 pm   27

awesome sauce although already have owned both gravity rush and Uncharted (platted both :) ). Great way to launch for those on the fence regarding PSVita although I have to be that guy and ask why the US also got Jet Set Radio on PSVita as part of Plsu but we miss out on it?.

p.s For the love of god dont add PSP games to the instant game collection as that’s really not cool .

Good line up and im glad the service has been announced but im dissapointed modnation will soon be free as chris specificaly said in the racing sale that the vita titles were a safe buy when asked if they were going to end up in plus and this post shows that is not the case.

Feel a bit let down by that as i did buy modnation as a direct result of that reply.

Chris Howe 13 November, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

Modnation is not free it’s just got a 20% discount for one week to celebrate the launch of this new wonderful addition to our PlayStation family

Great games but to bad I already have them :(. Later on I hope you won’t pick the most popular games to be for ps+ as most people who own the psvita will already have them.(Like Uncharted and Gravity Rush)

Can’t wait to play Chronovolt doh.

asadkhan87 13 November, 2012 @ 4:14 pm   30

Time to invest in that 32 gig card ;).

Worfthedog 13 November, 2012 @ 4:15 pm   31

Ambassador, with the launch of Playstation Plus for PS Vita you are really spoiling us!

Im Still waiting for my PS Plus trial from the playstation access facebook competition. Its been a week with no email :(

I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!!! I just bought Gravity Rush yesterday for £20 :P Damn!!! Thank god i held off from getting Super Stardust though. Been wanting to get that game for ages

Good stuff but shame about the discrepancy. Is be interested to know why we are worth less. Good starting line up though. Might have to see how much trade in I get on uncharted

turbogeek421 13 November, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   35

Finally, PS+ is coming to Vita! Uncharted is an excellent game, this is an excellent excuse to complete it all over again. Looking forward to getting Gravity Rush, been on my list for ages.

No excuse for Playstation gamers not to have PS+ now!

Carnivius_Prime 13 November, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   36

Uncharted Golden Abyss as a freebie? I may have to go get a Vita now then as that’s one of the games I was planning to buy with a Vita when I eventually got one. Methinks I will have to check my bank balance and for any good deals around for a Vita. How much space does Uncharted use up by the way? Just asking for when choosing which memory stick I can try to afford.

Or have i read it wrong and the titles listed at bottom are planned sale titles?

Flame-cro 13 November, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   38

Great games, but it’s little hard to not be disappointed when seeing games US will get.
Not making sense why they always get more then users in Europe
If we could get wipeout as them it would be great

bournewilder 13 November, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   39

absolutely incredible. thanks

Not bad at all, thanks!

Obviously a little disappointing that America would get 2 extra games for both PS3 and PSV but I have plenty to occupy my mind.

Just wondering though; will PS+ for Vita ever include PS1 and PSP classics?

Dr-abdulelah 13 November, 2012 @ 4:20 pm   41

thanx for this Awesome games lineup
i was hope to get wipeout 2048 , but i think it will come in the coming months as free for PS+
thanks again :)

Dante_Zero 13 November, 2012 @ 4:20 pm   42

18 titles each month on US for ps plus, 14 titles each month for EU on plus. ? what gives. Also any word on apps such as NicoNico, Netflix, wake up club, t@g, Imaginstruments etc. I ask on the store updates but no one there cares about vita.

Fred Dutton 13 November, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

We’ll have news on many of those apps soon. t@g in particular is very, very close…

This is a great line up for plus on Vita – nice one :)

Can I suggest a tie up with psn plus and music unlimited? A special price if you have plus and music unlimited?

I have had and completed Uncharted (even got platinum on it) but I have been craving to play it again. I have not played the other 3 but I have heard good things about Gravity Rush.

Looking forwards to trying the other 3 out.

Chris Howe 13 November, 2012 @ 4:43 pm

Gravity Rush is awesome! Enjoy it as it’s a brilliantly designed game with a really engaging storyline

napalmjam360 13 November, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   45

once again i have all the games psplus is a waste for me i never seem to get any reward for being loyal sony just seem to reward casual gamers

RossyWilson 13 November, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   46

Well done Chris, this is a fantastic line up. I will definitly be getting a vita now. also how long before the two other games change.

Chris Howe 13 November, 2012 @ 4:44 pm

I don’t want to give away all our surprises at the moment but there will be regular changes, we may throw in a few surprises here and there as well

I guess I’m in the minority as I had hoped some of the psp titles playable on vita would be available I won’t be getting a vita until christmas so was hoping there would be something for the psp

future request Touch My Katamari please

Wow… It even made me forget that I can’t grab Cubixx HD! This is excellent, even if I already own two of the games it’s still great!

@Max. Got the receipt still? Take it back and say “Uhh, sorry, I don’t even own a Vita…”

@Carnivius_Prime

I have it on my card now and its over 3gb think its close to 4gb

I have a 16gb card and i think im buying another at end of month as i already lack space b4 plus

Load all