Posted 3:00pm

‘Heads-up’ PlayStation Store update, 16th January 2013

DmC_FeaturedImage_PVWIMG

First up this week, face your inner demon in Capcom’s newest entry into the Devil May Cry series. Streamlined controls, accessible gameplay and crazy combos make this a familiar yet different experience.

RetroCityRampage_FeaturedImage_PVWIMG

Elsewhere on the Store, 8-bit nostalgic throwback Retro City Rampage warps open-world carjacking BACK TO THE… ’80s.

Play story missions and arcade challenges! ‘Borrow’ vehicles and outrun the law while mowing down pedestrians! Jump on civilians for coins, or use them for target practice with weapons and POWER-UPS!

Retro City Rampage isn’t the only PS Vita game this week, nuh-uh! It’s been a long time coming but Sumioni: Demon Arts is at last available and we’ve also got Orgarhythm and Earth Defence Force 2017 releasing as well.

Don’t forget, our January Sale is still going on, with some new offers going up. Check out Chris’ post for all the info!

Whether you’ll be racking up style points in DmC, saving the world in Earth Defence Force 2017, or maybe playing other games, have a great week!

New PlayStation Network content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

• Jet Set Radio (Vita) – 100% off
  • Derrick The Deathfin – 30% off
  • Rocksmith – Classics Pack – 20% off
  • Rocksmith – Metal Gear + Megadeth – 20% off
  • Rocksmith – Alternative Rock Pack – 20% off

ResEvil_630x250_enGB

Between 21st and 24th January we are giving UK Plus members exclusive access to buy Resident Evil: Retribution here first. It will be available on Sony Entertainment Network before anywhere else.

As a PlayStation Plus subscriber we are giving you the opportunity to take advantage of this exclusive offer. We’ve seen a phenomenal response over the years to the Resident Evil franchise from the PS Plus community, and wanted to give you something back to say thank you.

To view the trailer or buy the film, please log in via your PlayStation or on sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and head to the PlayStation Plus category, or search Resident Evil: Retribution.

PS3 games

Price: £34.99/€39.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: All

Orgarhythm
Price: £11.99/€14.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in Australia, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, India, Kuwait, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Retro City Rampage
Price: £8.99/€11.25
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in Australia, New Zealand

Sumioni: Demon Arts
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in Australia, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, India, Kuwait, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

mini

PS3 DLC

Borderlands 2
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
Prices: £6.49,€7.99
Availability: All

Far Cry 3
Deluxe Bundle DLC (£7.99/€9.99)
High Tides (Free)
Availability: Not available in Turkey

Gran Turismo 5
2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype ’13
Prices: Free
Availability: All

Rock Band 3

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rocksmith

Prices: £2.39/€2.39
Availability: Not available in Turkey

Videos

Access TV

Availability: GB only

Mad Dog Mccree

Availability: Not available in Turkey

Planets Under Attack

Availability: All

Dust 514

• The Endless Arsenal Of Dust 514

Availability: Not available in Germany

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

340 Comments 26 Author replies
Show oldest first

PLEASE REPLY PLEASE REPLY PLEASE REPLY PLEASE REPLY

Hello Jawad,

How are ya? Hope all good :)

I keep asking this question every week, I have never felt so let down with Playstation since 1995, so I’ll ask again and try my luck this time.

Is there any update regarding Uncharted 2 (digital) DLC map packs incompatibility? We’ve been asking for a response non stop in the community forums here. We keep e mailing customer care and when we’re lucky enough to get a reply we get stuff like “we request you to please wait”. I have waited four long months for this, me and everyone else who bought Uncharted 2 digitally are very frustrated, why is this title even still on sale if it’s broken and cannot recognize DLC? The very same DLC that it’s bundled with?

I still have little patience inside, and I believe in you Jawad.

Thank you.

Jawad Ashraf 16 January, 2013 @ 3:07 pm

I haven’t heard anything else on this but I’ll see what I can find out, if anything.

Playtoy_17 16 January, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   2

Hi Jawad

Please Answer

Any chance we will get Closure, Minecraft and Trials Evolution?

P.S. is The Cave coming next week? As it has been announce for the 23rd Jan?

Many Thanks

Any sign of Skyrim dlc coming our way soon m8y?

Splutterbug 16 January, 2013 @ 3:04 pm   4

Any chance of seeing the Netflix app for Vita in the UK?

looks like it’s only jetset radio and RCR for me this week, how much will RE:R be and will the 3D version be available on this ps+ offer as well?

ShogunDarius 16 January, 2013 @ 3:04 pm   6

EDF is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced. I’m a huge fan of the series but with that price I won’t even consider it. Sumioni, RCR and Orgarhythm are way better priced in there respective areas. Even 34.99 would have been a bit high at retail, and Namco can’t blame retail on this. it’s all them.

smallgaffer 16 January, 2013 @ 3:04 pm   7

Wake up club delayed?

@ Jawad (1/2):

Hi Jawad! How are you? As for me, I have something else to say about the Spyro trilogy: I literally devoured it, reaching 100% completion in each games within a single week. Suffice to say, you can tell I’ve been waiting for it for a while!

So, you said in your post about the Spyro trilogy (either that or the 12th of December one) that you wanted us to ask for more titles. Well… there are four games I’d really love to have on my handheld. Namely:

1) Crash Bash, which is often requested here. Personally, the game lacking the “Naughty Dog factor” is very noticeable, but still, it was a very respectable swan song for Crash on the PS1 nonetheless.

(continues in next post)

When are pre-orders going up for Dead Space 3 & Aliens:Colonial Marines ?

thanks

sasukeluffy 16 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   10

Hey, when are we getting Black Ops 2 Nuketown Zombies? I have the season pass and nuketown zombies was supposed to come this month. Where is it?

AlexPSN89 16 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   11

@ Jawad (2/2):

2) Chocobo Racing, Squaresoft’s (now Square-Enix’s) “Final Fantasy Racing” game. The game may pale in comparison with Crash Team Racing, but I really used to enjoy it back in the day.

3) Hogs Of War, which may be tricky to get on our Store given it’s an Infogrames title and therefore the publisher holding its IP is Atari, but still, it’d be awesome to see here.

4) Destrega, arguably my most obscure request, as it’s a fantasy-themed fighter by Koei, and a lesser-known predecessor to their Dynasty Warriors franchise.

These are my requests, but don’t worry if there are still problems about them. As I previously said, the Spyro games will make up for any wait, no matter how long it is. ;-) See ya!

I thought Derrick The Deathfin should be 50% off not 30% off for PlayStation Plus members?

Jet Set Radio for the Vita goes free today on PS+?

Hiya

When will the english version of munch’s oddysee be released on the belgian/flemish store, its way past the release date now…

almighty-slayer 16 January, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   15

Another week with nothing for me.

diogompereira 16 January, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   16

Where’s my free megaman 10? Or atleast a discount :(

Isn’t Derrick the Deathfin 50% off for PS Plus members?

SpitelordDekka 16 January, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   18

Retro City Rampage is Cross-Buy, right?

Sumioni: Demon Arts and Orgarhythm is not available for us (many countries).

Yeah, lots of Vita content really as it’s said in your Twitter account: 2 games.

Just wondering if the Derrick The Deathfin price reduction is correct?

States 50% off for plus members on the January sale update post.

Hey Jawad,

Do you have an update on the release of Munch’s Oddysee over here in Belgium? We had to wait for the French translation (which is a bit sad for us northern Belgians from the Dutch language store, who play their games in English anyway)…

Anyway, a free Jet Set for me, picking up Borderlands 2 DLC with my season pass (still have to finish that bugger btw, haven’t even fired Capt Scarlett up yet :( ) and have a blast from the past with retro City!

Angry Bird trio shows up in the psvita section, you should take it off.

AussieOutsider 16 January, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   23

[DELETED]… waited so long for Retro City Rampage to finally come out in the PAL markets and find out it’s not available in Australia – What a Load of [DELETED]

So what’s the reasoning behind that?

Phantom_Blaze 16 January, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   24

PLEASE REPLY PLEASE REPLY PLEASE REPLY PLEASE REPLY

Hey Jawad!

Please can you add the Assassin’s Creed 3 Avatars to the PS Store, as America has had them since June last year.

Also, why is it taking so long for Wake Up Club, America had it this week, it’s an app made by you, so what’s the hold up?

Adam.

RagingAvatar 16 January, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   25

When’s Wake Up Club being released in Europe?

Is it me or are these updates getting worse are you even trying to get the stuff we ask for Jawad no avatars,well nothing for me this week then.

Can you explain to us why Earth Defense Force is £35 despite it being a port of a budget priced Xbox 360 game and despite it being £25 on the US PSN and despite you saying it would be £32 yesterday? I certainly will no longer be buying it

borderlands 2 dlc
normal we get dlc map nuke town this week if we have season pas = when?

Silent_Gig 16 January, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   29

Brilliant update, any idea when dokoro and ragnarok is coming?

Mr_Pickle 16 January, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   30

Why isn’t Retro City Rampage available in Australia. Are we likely to see it soon?

dominater444 16 January, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   31

hello Jawad,any chance that we get the Sly Cooper thieves in time demo for ps+ next week like the US is getting?i really cant wait anymore! Sly FTW! 70 days left! and maybe over a week the demo!

I’m counting on you Jawad, please update me as soon as you find out what’s wrong with Uncharted 2 (digital)

OMG seriously? No Sumioni:Demon Arts OR Orgarythm…. I was really looking forward to these 2 especially since they had good prices.

The week I thought was going to be an awesome psvita week now is just a boring with an overpriced game and an retro game. On top of that we donät even have PSM that could have made the week look a little better.

Nightmare966 16 January, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   34

Hi Jawad, I have some questions I hope you can answer for me today:

1 – This is about LBP2 DLC Tron Evolution Minipack. I purchased it on December and noticed that it didn’t give me the Vita version DLC. I checked the Store and it seems it isn’t there, neither, so we have a missing DLC case here. Any chance you can take a look about it?

2 – I’ve seen that the US Store released yesterday an Injustice: Gods Among Us theme, and was hoping to see it on today’s update (alas, no luck :( ) do you know if it’s been submitted for EU? Otherwise I’ll try to contact WB to see if they can help.

3 – Another case of missing DLC. I’ve noticed that the Prototype 2 RADNET Pass isn’t available for purchase, but I’m pretty sure it should be up for 9.99€ (I guess this one is because of Activision, since I haven’t seen it on any Store Update post).

(to be continued)

Jawad Ashraf 16 January, 2013 @ 3:30 pm

I’ve raised the issue of LBP DLC.

We may or may not get the theme for Injustice, I can’t confirm anything at the moment though.

RADNET is in-game content.

jos3moreira 16 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   35

Nothing useful for VITA.

When do you guys offer the top games PSP for VITA? Instead of releasing some crappy ones (sorry, this month is really bad for vita users).

BTW, when do we Portugueses get Youtube for VITA? I really cant believe we have no access yet. COME ON!

samuraidino 16 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   36

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Yup,thats my week planned.

Also on an unrelated note,any chance of convincing Konami to release the MG Ac!d games on PSN? Itd be nice to have them on my vita

@kivi they are both there

Artemisthemp 16 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   38

#23 Wake Up Club release in EU the first week of February.

Nightmare966 16 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   39

(continued)

4 – And the last one (which is more of a suggerence), do you think it’s possible to have the LBP DLC organised a bit like the US Store? They have all the costumes available for all versions available, and the festive/seasonal ones are not active unless the right date comes or you already own the other version DLC. I believe that would be really good for people with both, LBP2 and Vita :)

On the other hand, that DmC sure looks good!

That’s all from me, thanks in advance :)

Jucksalbe 16 January, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   40

Haha, lots of new Vita content, but only for half of Europe.
I guess the Vita version of RCR is also not available in Germany (says so for the PS3 version but not the Vita version)?

Jawad Ashraf 16 January, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

The RCR difference is being sorted out as I type this, so both should be available in Germany soon!

nicolajNN 16 January, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   41

Probably a better question for the XSEED guys, but do you why Sumioni is unavailable in so many countries, and whether we should it expect to get it later?

RCR and JSR for me and my Vita!

Any news on Dokoru coming out in the EU?
Also what’s happening with Resident Evil 2 PSone for the Vita??

SSJVEGETA2007 16 January, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   43

Just went on to the PS store on my Vita have I really just got Retro City Rampage for free?

TINTINTB303 16 January, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   44

@ANY MEMBER OF THE BLOG TEAM

I hate to be “that guy” but Jet Set Radio is borked on the Vita!!

Try and start a game or tutorial and it gets stuck in an infinite loop and just will not let you get off the menu screen (apart for about half a second)!!!

I am not the only one suffering from this problem either!

Please reply

Thanks

Nazar_Ops 16 January, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   45

Any info on when Wake Up Club arrives? Its a freaking free app! Why isn’t it released over here?! I want an explanation, no English translation BS.

BTW, what a joke Suminoi (or whatever) isn’t available in Sweden, wow what a job. I do not regret at all bashing the Dev. He deserves it.

Jawad, can you help me?

I bought Uncharted: Fight for Fortune Complete Edition for Vita and it says it is trial version and tells me to buy full version. I thought that I did buy full version when I bought Complete Edition?
I have tried to reload it again directly from Vita and via PS3, but that doesn’t help. Also Vita Store doesn’t know I have bought the game. PS3 Store does know, and I can see U:FfF in download list in Vita Store and PS3 Store.

I have tried to contact customer support via email (five times so far), but I have not recived any reply from them (customer support).

Frankly I don’t know what to do.

Jawad Ashraf 16 January, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

Sadly there isn’t anything I can do on my end. I would recommend giving customer service a phone call to explain the problem and they’ll be able to see what the issue may be. Sorry :(

Carnivius_Prime 16 January, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   47

I bought Retro City Rampage. Feels nice to finally play it on my PS3 rather than my friend’s cruddy PC. And I loves me some proper retro pixel art and music.

KillaT2501 16 January, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   48

4 good looking VITA games in one week!

Vigilante89 16 January, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   49

Hi, Dino crisis 2 is a hard game to buy :(. What are the chances of it ending up on the store? Just for me ;)

ste_the_legend 16 January, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   50

Hey Jawad,

Any idea when Europe will get the NBA 2K13 All-Star Game DLC that the US got last week?

Keep up the good work :)

Load all