Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:00pm

Zombie Driver HD crashes into PSN today

ZombieDriverHD_PS3_01

Hi PlayStation Blog, this is Pawel Lekki – co-founder of EXOR Studios. I’m very happy to finally be able to tell you that Zombie Driver HD is coming out on the PlayStation Network in Europe today, priced at £7.99/€9.99.

Some of you may remember that I announced the game to be “coming soon” quite a while ago  and I’d like to assure you that we spent all that extra time on making sure that the PlayStation 3 version is polished in every detail.

It took us a lot longer to finish the game than we originally expected, but in return we were able to add a lot more content. Check out the trailer below to see what I’m talking about:

Zombie Driver HD on the PS3 is the first console version of the game rendered in native 1920×1080 resolution with no compromise. We wanted to make sure that the game looks really good in Full HD and a simple “up-scale” of our 2D art was out of the question. Instead we took the extra effort of actually manually re-making all of the HUD elements, character images, cutscene subtitles, etc. to make sure all elements of the game are extra crisp.

ZombieDriverHD_PS3_Drifter01 ZombieDriverHD_PS3_04

ZombieDriverHD_PS3_03

Not only that, but we also prepared an exclusive reward on the PS3 for completing the Story Mode. If you like smashing zombies with your car, you’re going to enjoy it a lot more with a super-fast Drifter super car. It is the fastest car in the game and as soon as it is unlocked, it becomes available in all game modes.

There’s also a bunch of extra free content that you can download from the PlayStation Network like the dynamic Harodeh boss theme, Zombie Driver HD Taxi Theme, Zombie Driver Taxi Wallpapers and a few premium avatars.

If you aren’t convinced yet, be sure to check out the demo on PSN and see you on the rankings boards!

ZombieDriverHD_PS3_Drifter02

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first
INS1GHTFUL 23 January, 2013 @ 2:13 pm   1

looks cool
will it come to vita?

AZAG-THOTH 23 January, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   2

Hell yeah, i was eagerly waiting for this one. Awesome game.

FlyingUberHuzo 23 January, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   3

looking really good.

checking the demo out for sure.

VitalogyPJ 23 January, 2013 @ 2:24 pm   4

It’s kinda of Dead Nation on wheels :p

brightchild0 23 January, 2013 @ 2:29 pm   5

Would love this on the PS VITA!!!!!!!

looks fun , but not mi ting .from next week i getting some stuf
febr=
ni no kuni ( hope patch bug soon )
terraria ( ful game ) why no demo nowh ?
9/10 also cod bo 2 dlc

hope also soon soul sacrefice /ragnorack odysee demo + games
march= noting = mh ultimate wi u
april = dragon´s dogma / 9/10 gta v = why al on same month ?

dominater444 23 January, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   7

when do we get the Sly Cooper thieves in time demo????!!u guys said:Its coming soon you don’t need to wait long,… well the US has it and we not so how long do i need to wait?!its already a shame that the US is getting the game 50 days earlier!so plz give me a date!

im already downloading it

im playing it

Witcher70 23 January, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   10

As good as this game looks on video, i will not be supporting the developer or its games in the future as you deleted my comments and a few others before me regarding the video issue, i am disgusted by this. you could have post a reply saying you are fixing it instead of the delete button.

Pawel Lekki 23 January, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

Hi,

we have not deleted your posts. I do not know what issue you have in mind. As far as we are aware of all issues have been fixed in the PlayStation 3 version of the game.

Lord_Gremlin 23 January, 2013 @ 2:45 pm   11

I had the original on Steam/PC, played it a lot, then got this PC re-release and played it to death too (it was 50% off for those who owned original). If I’ll have any spare time in next 2-3 weeks I will buy this release as well.
Disregarding all the marketing stuff this game is about 1 simple thing. Driving through and shooting zombies which explode into gore. And a physics engine that makes it look and feel great.

Now, as someone who played both games for hundreds of hours… It’s a very dumb game but also a very enjoyable one. I can see how it can run in 1080p 60 FPS – it’s not demanding at all. Now, demo is a good thing. Don’t expect any good story (it’s dumb and serves no purpose, also contradicts itself). It’s all about smashing zombies into meaty chunks. With cars, tanks, bulldozers, guns, rockets etc.

I would appreciate Vita version too. As far as I remember EXOR are a very small team, but I hope they will consider Vita version too. This game is not something you just play once to completion. It’s like tetris. Which you can have at various different platforms just to play it anywhere. And if it made sense to release 2 PC versions surly it will make sense to port it to Vita. Ask Sony to promote it.

XnoobsquadX 23 January, 2013 @ 2:48 pm   12

ill be picking this up next month game looks great awsome job Exor team and i would also buy a vita version!

@Witcher70 LOL, get over yourself. SCEE Blog staff delete the messages, not the developer.

As for the importance of your mail – they fixed the issue and your post was no longer relevant so they deleted.

Suck it up.

Lord_Gremlin 23 January, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   14

Yeah, PC version also had an issue. It would always crash on certain mission. then they fixed it, quickly enough. They’re not Bethesda.

bennyrafal 23 January, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   15

huh tested it on US PSN, it had Polish subs +1 for that.

AZAG-THOTH 23 January, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   16

Btw, any dlc expected in a near future?

Pawel Lekki 23 January, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

Yes, we have already one DLC package coming. It will feature new cars that will be playable in all game modes and a new arena for the Slaughter mode. It is scheduled to be coming in mid February.

Aces73High 23 January, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   17

Yet another really cool looking game that I’d be buying if there was a Vita version! I reckon, that if all the PS3 games I’ve fancied had Vita version, I’d have spent well over £200 more than I’ve have already this year. Well, at least it’s keeping ‘her indoors’ happy. Well, ish.

VitalogyPJ 23 January, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   18

No Vita version = no buy for me. This is the kind of game that fits perfectly on the Vita and I’m sure you’d sell the double.

Plenty of internet articles say that sony’s killing the Vita, I say developers are killing the damn device, they simply don’t bet on it go figure why.

It’s already been proved that the Vita is a lot easier to develope to still it’s been neglected by devs. Shame!

Could be great on Vita!

Vita Version?

The game looks awesome, but ever since I got my Vita I’m not interested in this kind of experience on my PS3. I only play huge AAA games there and this kind of games I prefere on my Vita, so this game should land there.
Also on PS3 it’s just one of many games, on Vita it would be much more visible, be bigger and more important, so the sales should be high enough to validate the port.

Would defo buy this for the Vita…. Shame there isn’t a cross buy or at least Vita version in the works.

Bassmonkey_Mike 23 January, 2013 @ 9:55 pm   23

as with above comment, I too only play these types of games on vita now, triple a titles only on ps3…bring out a vita version…go on, get on with it! ;))

dirtyCAT79 24 January, 2013 @ 12:15 am   24

Sad to see no vita version once again of a game that could have totally handled it. I understand you are a small team though.

It’s a shame that Sony doesn’t offer more support for stuff like this. It’s these types of indie games on the vita that would really start to make a difference.

It’s also painfully clear that the number of debs we see here saying the same thing “sorry no vita support planned” which make everyone realise that the vita has already peaked and now faces a long slow death.

I’m really disappointing this is not coming to Vita. Better to be an above average fish in a small pond than an above average fish in the Nile.

salvogdaze 24 January, 2013 @ 1:25 pm   26

I guess everyone agrees that this should be on the Vita.

GoGetLost 24 January, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   27

Is there co-op in this? online, local?

Vita version please :-) Pretty pretty please with cherries on top :-) I think if we ask enough they’ll make Vita version :-D. Everybody chant with me – VITA, VITA, VITA, VITA, VITA, VITA!! :-D

Lord_Gremlin 24 January, 2013 @ 8:15 pm   29

@Pawel Lekki Although I enjoy your game a lot as you might guess from my previous post, I must point out that your previous DLC efforts were meh. I mean, summer of slaughter, 1 survival map… Meh. I hope this time you just release all those cars and maps in one pack.
Got PS3 release, happy to confirm that it plays just as good as PC version. Also, did you make it a tad easier, or it’s just me playing too much of the game previously makes me feel so?

And I would join others in hopes for a Vita version. I would buy this one too, which at this point would be 4th copy of the same game. But correct me if I’m wrong – aren’t you guys just literally 2 people? If so it’s unreasonable to expect more than 1 version of a game at a time. But I just hope that Vita port will be your next thing.
P.S. Ditch campaign for Vita and make more survival maps.

Pawel Lekki 25 January, 2013 @ 11:14 am

Thanks for the opinion about the DLC. Yes, the DLC which is coming to PS3 is being created as a whole package. There will be 2 new cars (one very big and the second rather small but very maneuverable) plus one more survival arena – all in one package.

The difficulty in ZD HD is exactly the same on the PS3 as on PC so I guess you are getting better at it :)

As mentioned above we are not planning a Vita version for now. There are 9 of us at EXOR Studios at the moment and supporting so many platforms by only a handful of people is a very difficult task.

We will see what we can do about the Vita version. We will try to find some people who could port the game but we cannot promise anything at the moment.

TECHNO_1992 27 January, 2013 @ 11:23 am   30

Not a bad game! Would be better online, Anyway dose anyone know when the ps4 is coming out also is youtube watchablie on the pspvita? thanks!! (^_^)

mrtrevster 1 February, 2013 @ 11:29 am   31

How much is the DLC going to cost.