Posted 11:00am

Welcome to the PlayStation Summer Festival!

SummerFestival_FeaturedImage_EN

Hello everyone! It’s mid-Summer here in the northern hemisphere (and the sun pretty much always shines in the south, right?), so with that in mind we’re extremely happy to present our Summer Festival!

Between 17th July and 28th August we’ll have some amazing deals on games, movies, music and all the usual great content on PlayStation Plus. Over the next couple of months the PS Store can become your entertainment hub – why would you need to go anywhere else?!

I’m sure you’ve noticed that we unofficially kicked off our summer celebrations last Friday with some great savings on a few Naughty Dog titles from the Crash Bandicoot and Uncharted franchises. If you haven’t picked up any of those titles so far make sure you check them out before Friday.

Like doors though, as one deal closes another one opens. As of this Friday, 19th July, for one week only you can pick up the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider for just £16.99/€20.99, with PlayStation Plus members getting an additional 10% off.

Tomb-Raider-2012

Don’t forget, we have also moved on to PlayStation 2 with our #PlayStationMemories promotion. It’s been great to see so many of you discussing your favourite PS2 moments here on the Blog, and in our forums, Facebook and Twitter pages. Keep checking back for new discussions and challenges to get involved in! If you want to re-live a few of the best moments then get yourself down to the PS Store for some great deals on some classic titles.

The deals keep on coming through. Fancy listening to some great tunes while you relax in the sun? Right now you can pick up a whole year’s subscription to the Music Unlimited service for just £59.99/€59.99, or if you’re a PlayStation Plus member you can pick up the same deal for just £41.99/€41.99!

And when the sun goes down it’s time to catch up on the latest movies, so make sure you visit this section of the store before Friday to rent Quentin Tarantino’s latest blockbuster Django Unchained from as little as £0.99/ €0.99/$1.99 (UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia only). Then, from Friday onwards, for the same small price and for one week only, make sure you check out Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in the explosive Gangster Squad.

Django Unchained UK

Finally if you’re a PlayStation Plus member don’t forget to check out the brand new July content Battlefield 3, Saints Row The Third, Payday the Heist, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and Unit 13.

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99/€49.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Make sure you keep checking the PlayStation Blog over the coming weeks for all the latest deals on games and movies including all the details of our upcoming Summer Sale. Have fun everyone!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

100 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first

MASPALOMAZ 17 July, 2013 @ 11:05 am   1

Looking forward to the Summer Festival here and on beach, nice offer on Tomb Raider. Thanks :)

planeet32 17 July, 2013 @ 11:05 am   2

Nothing for me, but a nice deal on Tomb Raider right there. ^^

luckysalt81 17 July, 2013 @ 11:06 am   3

Thats it! Thats the big sale starting Tomb Raider at a price its already been available for on disc.

No other games at all? I thought this was going to be at least 10 games every week and I’ll say it before the rest do, where’s the Vita love?

Disappointing.

Fred Dutton 17 July, 2013 @ 11:18 am

If you check the bottom of the post you’ll see we have a full summer sale coming soon. Hold tight – it wont be long.

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 11:23 am

We will have more information on our big summer sale next week :)

MASPALOMAZ 17 July, 2013 @ 11:07 am   4

@planeet32

how you know nothing for you when its 6 weeks of deals they havent even announced any except tomb raider and some other stuff, LOL :D

odyhunter 17 July, 2013 @ 11:08 am   5

I was hoping we could get 50% off like US… maybe I was too greedy…

Nightmare966 17 July, 2013 @ 11:12 am   6

Hi Chris, I’d like to know if I’ve understood this correctly:

We’ll have a weekly deal from now until the 28th of August going across games and movies, plus any other sales you might throw in the mix plus a proper Summer Sale starting at the end of July/beginning of August?

If so that’s quite amazing :D

Also, I was wondering if you were able to confirm if Injustice is getting a discount anytime soon. Just in case :P

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 11:26 am

You have summed it up pretty nicely there, we will have weekly deals on games and movies as well as a summer sale :)

infernalmonkey1 17 July, 2013 @ 11:12 am   7

Looking forward to seeing whatever eventually becomes part of this sale, but wow is that a depressing way to kick it off. Existing PSOne and PS2 sales, a movie discount, and a music subscription discount.

Oh, and Tomb Raider, but that’s not for another two days.

The_7th_King_ 17 July, 2013 @ 11:12 am   8

Is this “Summer Festival” the Summer Sales?

That’s it ?

Where’s the update on Augusts PS+ titles ?

Brodiesan 17 July, 2013 @ 11:15 am   10

“UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia only”

Why won’t SCEE provide the community with an update about the roll-out of this service to more that SIX EU countries?

The silence is deafening, and the fact that SCEE as a company thinks it’s perfectly okay to renege on promises (for the uninitiated, Andy House said back in 2009 that more countries would be getting the service before the end of that year) is pretty shocking.

Chris, I know that this is not particularly your area but surely SOMEONE in SCEE can comment on this service’s expansion.

We have been kept in the dark for too long. Please update your loyal fans. Sony is riding a wave of goodwill at the moment with the PS4 and how they’re putting gamers first. This issue is a terrible blemish on how European customers outside of the favoured six countries view the company.

We matter. If we don’t deserve comparable services as the aforementioned regions we at least deserve to be told the truth, which is that these services are never coming to other countries. At least be honest about it. Thank you.

planeet32 17 July, 2013 @ 11:17 am   11

@MASPALOMAZ

Offcourse I ment this update! Duh. There will be more updates which might have something for me.

Rancid_Undead 17 July, 2013 @ 11:20 am   12

Am I right in thinking that this is the SCEE equivalent of the ‘Summer Blast’ sale?

Grave_uk 17 July, 2013 @ 11:20 am   13

Hi

Loving sale for Naughty Dog Stuff, got Uncharted 2, keep the good stuff coming.

Would be cool if you could add Spelunker HD and it’s DLC, Retro City Rampage or Walking Dead to summer sale. :p

Also when is Spelunky coming to PS3? Still in July?

@Chris

Is it safe to buy Metal Gear Rising and Fuse ?

It’s really frustrating not knowing what will be on sale :(

Why are you not announcing all games on sale like SCEA ?

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 11:32 am

I don’t see any issues with buying these now ;)

We can’t share everything at once, we wouldn’t be able to surprise you then :)

uncleniccius 17 July, 2013 @ 11:29 am   15

Hey Chris, might we get a plus deal during the sale?

NightRusticDawn 17 July, 2013 @ 11:30 am   16

I’m curious about if there is going to be any good PS and PS II titles coming along this summer sale, really would like to see something cool and unique, maybe Timesplitters,Harvest Moon?´

I’m also waiting for the Trophy patch for PS and PS II titles, Sony where are they? I’m ready with my wallet for about 50 games but you won’t let me buy any! Come on!

chrisboers 17 July, 2013 @ 11:31 am   17

Bring it on! I’ll have to check if steam has left anything in my wallet by then, though. (if the offers are good, I’m sure it will)

Carnivius_Prime 17 July, 2013 @ 11:34 am   18

Well, I hope they got some good deals coming. That’s still far too much for the extremely medicore Tomb Raider reboot…

aboood619 17 July, 2013 @ 11:39 am   19

So the ‘Summer Sale’ doesn’t even start this week?

Will there be a sale on Capcom DLC and titles?

hilts663 17 July, 2013 @ 11:42 am   20

Chris, we dont want to be surprised! We want to have games AND money! :) It is always better to know up front which games are going to be discounted…

EMORTAL9 17 July, 2013 @ 11:43 am   21

i want know when you post august plus?! Will be fantastic if we get fuse for free!

hoping for some good deals on the summer sale =)

Massacre2011 17 July, 2013 @ 11:48 am   23

I already picked up TR at one of your other big sales a few months back. Come on SONY give us something new, something worth buying. If you want people to buy digital then you really have top put some great titles out there.

Too bad you can pick up TR a lot cheaper already and rest of the sales were already announced and up. Can you guys list whats coming the next few weeks please like they did on the US Blog also. Do we get Munch and JSR Free also? US had way better deals lately and more IGC content compared to EU, sales should at least be equal imo since EU customers are paying more subs.

RE: Tomb Raider – ‘As of this Friday, 19th June…’

Need to get someone to check these posts before they are posted surely that should read 19th July

luckysalt81 17 July, 2013 @ 11:55 am   26

Its very confusing to be honest the Summer Festival starts today for six weeks but the ”summer sale” doesn’t start until next week. I thought the summer festival WAS the summer sale.

So there’s gunna be the odd game/film every week for six weeks but a big sale starting next week for a limited time.

Fair enough. I’m not buying Tomb Raider btw, after Hitman and Sleeping Dogs both hit plus I see no reason why this Square Enix title won’t also and if it doesn’t I’m not fussed.

BTW guys Last of Us is £29.99 on play today only

GreenMekon 17 July, 2013 @ 11:55 am   27

Any chance of discounts on the tomb raider psp games?

Too bad, but I bought Tomb Raider for £15.
I hope you will do deals like another game publisher did a few weaks ago (I don’t call a name :p). But I have all the trust in you guys! :)

Chris, please give Plus some love… If you know what I mean :)

ExtremeGamer1995 17 July, 2013 @ 12:00 pm   30

Music unlimited costs more then PS Plus? I won’t be renewing my subscription, I got it for £9 last Christmas in a deal.

TheMART 17 July, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   31

“Posted on 17 July, 2013 at 11:18 am by Fred Dutton

Posted on 17 July, 2013 at 11:23 am by Chris Howe
We will have more information on our big summer sale next week :)”

This may better hold some really REALLY good asskicking summersale for PSVita too.

Waiting for a decent sale since Xmas 2012 already, when USA had a blast and EU had nothing for PSVita. And since then, only deals on stuff that pretty much already had deals before or even worse: were free in PS+ months before…

Don’t disappoint me again SCEE. As a PSVita owner, I am better off scoring deals in a retail shop as most PSVita games dropped to 18 Euro there already for no one buying them. If you don’t support your handheld like you support the PS3, and even PS1 and PS2 or PSP in sales, why would people go out and buy such a device?

korkodilaki 17 July, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   32

Is there a chance to get the Resident Evil Chronicles HD in the sale?

Since we saw a big AAA title in this sale,maybe we get some borderlands 2 sale..Or in the normal summer sale..Hopefully

night_sign 17 July, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   34

Borderland 2in the sale please.

@night_sign huh ,someone other than me is excited for borderlands 2 :)

johnnycide 17 July, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   36

@Chris Howe,

I’m really tempted to buy Tomb Raider, but it seems to be one of the games that’s a prime candidate for a lead title in the IGC. I hate to put you on the spot, but is it safe to buy this for say, the next six months?

It looks great, but I’ve quite a backlog to get through, and I may not be able to play To,b Raider for a while.

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 4:35 pm

We can never be 100% what will be coming up until we finalise deals but I would say that you are safe this side of Xmas

PIREDERAS 17 July, 2013 @ 12:28 pm   37

@ Chris

The games are always nice, but I believe Music & Video Unlimited could improve.

Come on, Music Unlimited for €42 (or more) per year? In an age where everyone either resorts to Youtube in order to listen to whatever they like instantly, or rip their CDs to the PC and transfer them to smartphones/mp3 players?

On the other hand, Video Unlimited is at a better point, with €1 rentals. My only complaint is that the service is restricted to a handful of countries.

Lots of people asked questions on the naughty dog sale post, but no staff member bothered to answer.

My question:

Any chance of putting the Uncharted dlc for the Fight for Fortune on this sale? Since you never mentioned the full bundle on release of the game so a lot of us bought the main game without being aware of a bundle for the dlc content. Hence why I have the game, but not the DLC as waiting for price drops/sale.

miky_magawolaz 17 July, 2013 @ 12:49 pm   39

Yesterday Tomb Raider was 12€ on Steam.

Also, Vita am cry. There’s NOTHING coming out for it, at least put some discounts on older titles. PLEASE ;_;

Hi!

Just a quick question about the Music Unlimited:

I have bought a subscription for 1 year, and it is from last december.

Can i buy another year of subscription before the current one runs out?

And can that one be added on top of the one i have?

Actually, maybe i could buy an additional two years now, when the price is lower than usual…?

Matt Webster 22 July, 2013 @ 10:11 am

Hi simPSN.
    Unfortunately we can’t offer you the discounted 1 year product if you purchased the offer at the end of last year. However, we will notify you when your current subscription comes to an end, and will inform you of the best deal we can give you at that time. Hope this helps.

Bailstar666 17 July, 2013 @ 12:56 pm   41

@Chris Think this was mentioned on the PS Memories post, but the Twisted Metal Black price hasn’t changed to the sale price yet?!
(Unless it happened today whilst I was at work)Any ideas of when this will change? =[

littlered786 17 July, 2013 @ 12:58 pm   42

Can we please have Persona Golden in the summer sale?

The game is $29.99 in the US PSN store and yet it’s £34.99 in the UK.

Jamesyp00 17 July, 2013 @ 1:00 pm   43

PLEASE list what’s coming up on the sale, it’s really annoying you guys keep doing these stupid sales like this, how are we supposed to budget and know what we want to get if you keep hiding it all?

littlered786 17 July, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   44

There’s a few games I’d love to purchase right now like Persona Golden and I have the funds waiting in my PSN wallet. Please include Persona Golden in the summer sale.

Shadow_Storm_uk 17 July, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   45

Unbelievable, Do you really call this a SALE???. Honestly, Sony PSN sales are going from bad to worse, at least the USA had some great deals last week, especially on vita games. For your information you can buy a brand new copy of Tomb raider at most retailers, between £10-£15.

me personally i was looking forward to VITA SALES, guess what THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED AGAIN. EU gets shafted once again. the lesson i have learnt, i will not purchase any hardware addons from Sony until it shows some support for the device in future.

The only problem is – it is to ‘HOT’ to play games at the moment :( (well in London it is anyway) I am trying tho :D

Tiberius4327 17 July, 2013 @ 1:26 pm   47

@Shadow_Score_Uk:

No, they don’t call this a sale. If you read the last paragraph, details about the big summer sale will be next week.

obiadekanobi1980 17 July, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   48

im trying to buy music unlimited, took advantage of the plus deal last year for £12 and my sub is currently still running for another 2 months, but when i go to buy it the option to buy is greyed out and it tells me i cant currently buy it is this getting sorted???

if not i will not be buying again if i cant stack subs and i like to stack me subs

please give me a answer thanks

Matt Webster 22 July, 2013 @ 10:13 am

Unfortunately you can’t stack your subs with the 1 year offer of Music Unlimited We will email you when your current subscription comes to an end though, and let you know of the best deals available.

crusher915 17 July, 2013 @ 1:36 pm   49

when will we be able to pre-order PS4 games on the web store? (offer some competition against Amazon :D )

crusher915 17 July, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   50