Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 11:30am

PS3 sale starts today – what are your favourite #PlayStationMemories?

PSMemories_PS3_featured_image_PVWIMG

I hope everyone has been enjoying our #PlayStationMemories promotion over the last few weeks.

Moving on from the joyous PS2 era, we now come to the current generation console – PlayStation 3. PS3 moved into a new world of high-definition gaming and online connectivity, where games looked like cut crystal and playing online with your friends became a norm for many.

PlayStation 3 has hosted countless popular franchise updates, such as new instalments of Grand Theft Auto, Tekken and Metal Gear Solid to name a few, as well as brand new IP such as the Uncharted and Assassin’s Creed series.

We also saw great new games thanks to the evolution of the digital space, such as the much lauded Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Braid and Limbo. And the system’s future still looks bright, with the likes of Gran Turismo 6, Grand Theft Auto V, Beyond: Two Souls and Puppeteer still to come.

I remember getting my PS3 quite clearly, despite my original pre-order agonisingly falling through. I purchased Devil May Cry 4 before actually having the system, but Uncharted and Ninja Gaiden Sigma were thrown into the bundle that I bought. Believe it or not, I had no real interest in Uncharted at first, but since I was low on games I gave it a shot. Duly, I fell for the gorgeous environments, the stunning cinematics and yes, Drake’s wisecracks.

My memories aside, let’s take a look at the new discounts starting today.

Additional 10% PS Plus discount on all deals, unless otherwise stated

Alice: Madness Returns
Was €29.99/£19.99, now €19.99/£15.99
Not available in Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE

Ape Escape

The Walking Dead-Season Pass
Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

WipEout HD
Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD
Was €24.99/£19.99 – €12.49/£9.89
(No additional PS Plus discount)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

170 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
RunningManUK 24 July, 2013 @ 11:33 am   1

Any news on sales for vita owners?

spikewestphal 24 July, 2013 @ 11:33 am   2

my best playstation one game is dino crisis my faverote ps 2 game is god of war and there sooo many great ps3 games it hard to choose so im just gonna list a few the last of us uncharted mass effect 2 asssassins creed mortal kombat 2011 reboot and metal gear soild 4

chrisboers 24 July, 2013 @ 11:35 am   3

I know we shouldn’t compare platforms, but:
Store:
Alice: Madness Returns
Was €29.99/£19.99, now €19.99/£15.99

Origin (PC):
Alice: Madness Returns
€3.00

I know where my money goes this summer… Sorry, very disappointing sale.

Any chance of a Deadly Premonition price cut anytime soon?

miky_magawolaz 24 July, 2013 @ 11:35 am   5

Why only the first Ratchet? Americans got the whole Trilogy for that price ._.

Arkeologen 24 July, 2013 @ 11:37 am   6

This looks like a pretty poor sale :(. was expecting more, much much more…

what about Vita?
Will We see a sale for vita games as well? US has Persona 4 Golden as a sale.

Liam_Croft 24 July, 2013 @ 11:40 am   7

…PLEASE don’t tell me this is the full Summer sale you guys were on about last week?

hilts663 24 July, 2013 @ 11:40 am   8

This… I mean… Propably waste of words… You guys want to make all games digital but still sell them way overpriced even after discount?

Grave_uk 24 July, 2013 @ 11:40 am   9

Thanks guys, loving that sale, getting Wallking Dead Season Pass. Thanks guys. Can’t wait for new titles you will add.

Witcher70 24 July, 2013 @ 11:41 am   10

I’m going to wait for the actual store update post to decide what i want but i have my eye on two of these titles. Thanks Jawad.

Sadodee 24 July, 2013 @ 11:42 am   11

Ape Escape and Resident Evil 4 looks very tempting, probably will have to check those out. Though I would love to see a Vita sale soon as well..

randomboi-NT 24 July, 2013 @ 11:42 am   12

When are a getting spartacus legends !?!

woodypride 24 July, 2013 @ 11:42 am   13

@Jawad Ashraf

LEGO Lotr will be in the PS+ in August, can we expect a discount for the PS3 version ?
Thanks.

littlered786 24 July, 2013 @ 11:42 am   14

What about the Vita?!

Don’t tell me you’re going to make us wait for anther week.

MASPALOMAZ 24 July, 2013 @ 11:43 am   15

Looks like most of these titles already were on sale recently, still thanks for the news on this “summer sale” :)

Rochala 24 July, 2013 @ 11:43 am   16

Why no Vita games for sales? or even psp ?

Can you please give us a reason?

Also most , if not all, of those games have already been on sales and some of them more than once, or even as PS+ IGC :/

MegastarMATT 24 July, 2013 @ 11:43 am   17

Is this it? I got the impression that the summer sale was going to be as big as last year!

Jestersoil 24 July, 2013 @ 11:43 am   18

not bad of a sale but nothing for me…
i guess that the list of games will change each week up to 28th of august?

PLEASE ADD RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA X HD!
it’s the only RE i’m missing in ps3 :)

thomaas23 24 July, 2013 @ 11:43 am   19

are you serious sony? Most of titles are still more expensive than retail copys.

this is the big summer sale? No sign of dlc, and you have mis-advertised again. You show last of us in the picture but no last of us items on sale. Ive been waiting for mass effect 3 dlc to go on sale as i am not paying £40 for them.

MASPALOMAZ 24 July, 2013 @ 11:45 am   21

Does anyone know if RE4 HD has spanish audio? Or subs at least?

And that walking dead season pass, it was on sale for $5 in usa a couple of weeks ago, is there any explanation on this price differences?

this sale has nothing to do with the summer festival right?
we’re going to see some vita games there? i’m also guessing after the PS3 memories sale we’ll get a Vita focused sale? that would be nice =)

odyhunter 24 July, 2013 @ 11:45 am   23

@Jawad

Any chance we got the Japanese voice dlc for Soul Sacrifice on PSVita?

US PSN had that, and some of us missed the pre-order…

Panos_GRE 24 July, 2013 @ 11:46 am   24

How about a good sale on PSP games for the Vita?
NBA2K12 PSP would be nice if the ridiculous price of 30€ was dropped since there are no basketball games for the Vita and there won’t be for a long time.
I remember Sony used to make some basketball games for the PSP. Why can’t you work on something for the Vita?

Nightmare966 24 July, 2013 @ 11:48 am   25

I was also expecting much more, and I agree over the R&C trilogy. At least I’ll be able to grab LBP digitally thanks to the price. I’ve got much left to do in that game.

Is there another sale starting today Jawad?

Anyways! Here goes my PS3 memory: I first played on a PS3 at my cousin’s place, he had Assassin’s Creed and I wanted to play that badly. So I made a random sequence and… I kept dying :P But I knew I wanted that machine. I was saving for 6 months to get me a 500€ (that hurts) PS3 40GB, with two Sixaxis controllers and DBZ: Burst Limit, while waiting for Soul Calibur IV to release a month later. And 2 years later I bought a Sony Bravia with a Slim 120GB bundle. And it was like I discovered a whole brand new world when I plugged that HDMI in the TV: So sharp, so colorful, so… awesome.

And here we are, reading the PS Blog. Quite the fast forward :P

Oh, and I also got that Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Grabbed the last copy on a mall — in fact I remember I couldn’t find new copies of the game for a long time, and I found it just by chance :P Man that was difficult.

PS: Ico and SOTC with a 10% for Plus members. But it’s free for us til September — keep it mind when updating! :P

Arkeologen 24 July, 2013 @ 11:48 am   26

Why are the sale prices higher than the US sale? Why are the EU prices higher than the UK prices?

Panos_GRE 24 July, 2013 @ 11:49 am   27

@odyhunter
You are not missing out on the Japanese VA for SS!
The english VA suits the game better imo. I tried it for a while and didn’t like it.
Unless you can speak Japanese that is..

Nothing for me :(

When is the summer sale coming jawad??

Can you give us a hint please?

JoystickJedi 24 July, 2013 @ 11:49 am   29

Also quite disappointed by the sale :(

Assassins Creed 3 has been discounted on every other platform and still remains very expensive on PSN, was really hoping to pick this up with the season pass. Any discounts planned you can share?

Arkeologen 24 July, 2013 @ 11:51 am   30

is it true that its only the first ratchet game for that price and not the trilogy? Atrocious if that is the case.

Again a lot of games listed as PS3 titles which arent PS3 titles. Its a better sale compared to last week though and ill be picking up LBP and maybe Walking Dead.

This isnt the big summer sale as they said multiple times it ll start end of the month, so prolly next wednesday. Would be nice if they posted the sales a bit earlier though so we know what to expect. And yea i know you guys want to surprise us, surprise us today with announcing them :P

Nightmare966 24 July, 2013 @ 11:53 am   32

Woops, and here is hen the Edit Button would be useful: I just read that ICO doesn’t have the Plus discount — I didn’t say anything! :P

BartsBlue 24 July, 2013 @ 11:53 am   33

Right, now I have a silly question: I already own Wipeout HD + Fury on a disc, but I have Wipeout 2048 on Vita and I would like to buy digital Wipeout HD in order to unlock tracks in 2048 (especially my beloved Sol-2). Could anyone confirm if that option still works?

INS1GHTFUL 24 July, 2013 @ 11:55 am   34

will walking dead vita be cross buy? If so then thats a good price for the PS3 version.

cowbanana 24 July, 2013 @ 11:58 am   35

This is surely a joke, right? A funny jest before putting the real sale up.

And Vita?

KureizuPS 24 July, 2013 @ 11:58 am   36

Yet another awful sale. GG SCEE.

Nightmare966 24 July, 2013 @ 11:58 am   37

@BartsBlue: Yes, it’s still on. Purchase the PS3 version here and the Vita one should be Free/on your Download List: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/cid=EP9000-NPEA00057_00-GWIPEOUTHD000004

:D

kategorierna 24 July, 2013 @ 11:58 am   38

The “Wipeout HD” link seems to direct to the store page for Wipeout on the PSP, which wasn’t the intention, right? Already got Wipeout HD/Fury myself, but I’m trying to pester all my friends into buying this classic at the very nice sale price.. ;)

Sadodee 24 July, 2013 @ 12:00 pm   39

@Arkeologen

The British pound is worth more than the euro, which is why it evens out when Sony lowers how many pounds you need to pay. Otherwise, it would be a set-back for a lot of British people.

I don’t see the whole picture regarding the US sale, but I’m guessing that a game in the US costs for example 6 dollars while in Europe, it costs 6 euros? In that case, it has always been like that. The digits always corresponds the same in all territories, except for the UK. The worth of the currency doesn’t matter, if the game is 10 dollars in the US, it will still cost 10 euros in Europe.

Lance_87 24 July, 2013 @ 12:01 pm   40

What a huge disappointment… always the same games over and over again… i wanted stuff like Legasista and Hard Corps Uprising on sale :(

jffreey 24 July, 2013 @ 12:04 pm   41

What happened to the discount on InFamous? When I click the link to the store page it’s still €34,99 for me.

Jamesyp00 24 July, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   42

This isn’t everything…..right?
Any more sale stuff to add later on?
And any chance of the assassins creed 3 season pass going on offer?

Nightmare966 24 July, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   43

@BartsBlue: I’m having a bad day today >_<

That's the right link for WipEout HD everyone: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/cid=EP9000-NPEA00057_00-WIPEOUTHDBASE000

andrewsqual 24 July, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   44

Lol Resident Evil 4 HD at €9.99 on sale. Not blaming you here Sony, I know it is all down to Capcom. Back when this was released it was already their 100th screw up this gen. Conforming to Microsoft’s terrible Games on Demand pricing because the game couldn’t be released as an 2GB or under Arcade title (still a dinosaur size in 2011 for digital games) and Playstation fans suffered for this too.
Thanks again Capcom for the Playstation Memories this past 6 years, I still haven’t bought anything off you for that long. How well did RE6 do again for you after releasing it for the lowest common denominator i.e. US gamers? Stay cool Capcom.
Can’t wait for The Evil Within though, Bethesda will get my money that day.

For once I actually have a lot of the stuff in this sale :)

ChaosMash 24 July, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   45

Ok PS3 memories, I bought mine on launch day, my first game was Resistance: Fall of Man.
Unfortunately the console broke after 3 years and after struggling with a good amount of refurbs I opted for the 250Gb Slim version, how I miss you my big fat retro-compatible console.
I also bought Devil May Cry 4, I even got the Collector’s Edition with the metal case and art-book for the same price as the standard edition.

@Jawad Did you also get the Devil May Cry 4 Collector’s Edition or the standard one?

Regarding the sale, nothing for me unless that Ratchet is the trilogy edition.

Also does Sony not want my money? I mean if you make a Disgaea and Persona Sale it’s all yours, I mean it, also a few JRPGs would be nice, both for the Vita and PS3, I reiterate if you do this my money is yours.

Also, I assume this not to be the “Official” PSN Summer Sale.

Do we get a Plus discount on LBP cause it doesnt add a Plusdiscount atm, it does show the 7,49 price though

Rancid_Undead 24 July, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   47

@cowbanana

This is no joke. EU sales are never a time for smiles or laughter.

wils_69nd_u 24 July, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   48

this along with the ps2 #playstationmemories sale is a bit disappointing i must admit. although i was greatful to get crash bandicoot 3 and abe’s exodus for under £4 when the psone sale was on. looking forward to seeing what’s in store for the summer festival later on!

MASPALOMAZ 24 July, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   49

Its probably that Sony put all money in the great new Online Store so there is not much room for discounts, my greatest Memory of the Store is bringing Loading Times to Online Shopping.

But I am confident we will get a real summer sale maybe then next week or next year or on PS6. :)

TheEternalGamer 24 July, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   50

Do you remember there is a handheld called Vita? yes, you sell another console aside PS3.

Load all