Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

Weekend Debate: What aspect of PS4 are you most enjoying? (Update)

The Weekend Debate

UPDATE: Apologies for the slight delay in announcing winners this week – there were lots of posts to get through! The following five posters have secured a download voucher for Tearaway on PS Vita: wright593, Veldrin, PanasonicRock, stfndt and S-o-h-a-i-l. Congratulations! Look out for a PM to your ID on the official forums later this week.

ORIGINAL POST: So, PlayStation 4 is one week old. If you’ve picked one up, we really hope you’ve had a great time with the console. And apologies if the PSN issues around launch impeded your enjoyment in any way!

For this week’s debate, I’m interested to hear what your favourite aspect of the machine is so far. Is it a particular game, or game mode? Is it a console feature? Remote Play? Perhaps, the feel of DualShock 4? Let us know below, and feel free to include thoughts on any improvements you’d like to see or new features added.

As ever, I’ve five prizes for the most entertaining or thoughtful responses. Alas, I don’t have any PS4 codes to give out just yet, but five more vouchers for Tearaway seem like a pretty good alternative. Good luck!

Terms and conditions

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

209 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
adumdum4000 6 December, 2013 @ 5:04 pm   1

I’m not sure if this is the right place to put it, but seeing as it concerns PSN, I think it’s appropriate. I was just wondering when new Vita owners who purchased one after November 15th will be seeing their PS+ Code? I’m not sure how many people have been given theirs yet, but it seems quite a few people in the forums have been neglected, me included. Could you shed any light on this?

The part of waiting, one more week!

The Dualshock4 definitely. Feels so nice improvement all around

I have a group of friends who aren’t gamers and they were blown away by the PlayRoom and had great fun kicking the bots around my living room.

I really like the Live on PlayStation feature as it lets me view games before I buy them. I was put off of buying Knack by the reviews but since watching some player’s live streams I have ordered it on Amazon and I can’t wait to play it.

Also very impressed with how well Remote Play works! Now I don’t have to get out of bed to play my PS4 :)

for me its system link fred.

i have 2 twins under 1 yo who watch cartoons all day and i cant use the tv and this is a god send.

also only have 1 pad and the vita sorts that right out so i can play multi player :)

I’m still waiting for mine so so far the best feature has been queuing up content on the browser store using my phone and staring longingly at the “download to ps4″ button. Actually the new android app and the connectivity with psvita are pretty good features. I will have to wait and see what my favourite features are long term.

Gamesgbkiller 6 December, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   7

Ahhh.. Watching someone play it :’)

The very much need multitasking! One second i’m playing Killzone and with just a click i’m watching a youtube clip or i’m starting the Music Unlimited app too get to listen to my music while playing killzone. To top that I can speak to my friends while playing the game. Super happy with this and it can only get better ^_^.

Remote Play with the PS Vita

Been playing Knack (little girl on PS4) me on the vita helping her,
she loved it. Great family moment :D

Didn’t even know you could play 2 player this way.

Babbajabba 6 December, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   10

I’m loving the UI. It’s such a joy to navigate from item to item. Games load quick and with a swift button push you’re back out on the main menu again. So satisfying.

loonyspoony 6 December, 2013 @ 5:13 pm   11

The PS4 looks stylish to the extent that my wife never complained as I pushed it under the TV replacing the old DVD recorder, the controller is well designed with the curved R/L2 buttons and dual sticks with a slight dip making them tactile and easy to find. However, the main positive is the load time into the store, no longer having to wait for what seemed like an eternity until it appears as per PS3 the speed is so much better, that coupled with a more user friendly interface where I it prioritises my last played games makes accessing content much easier as well as exiting so quickly back to the interface. Really looking forward to how that develops over time.
The vita play has been a bit hit and miss for me as the router is a little way away but I’m sure that will be better when I get it sorted.
Overall it’s been a pleasure so far just need more to play on it.

doomsday619 6 December, 2013 @ 5:17 pm   12

Im loving the cross play chat its great alot of my mates don’t play the games i do so i can keep up with what’s going on with them while playing something completely different. *Just the echo needs sorting out but thts only a little niggle*.
Also loving the share feature absolutely amazing console.
Well done on a successful launch and here is to another amazing generation.

Kotatsu2000 6 December, 2013 @ 5:20 pm   13

The new pad is the star for me so far, it’s a huge improvement over the previous dual shocks. Resogun too is a real highlight.

I’m not however enjoying all the bugs in the OS. Media apps crash a *lot* (iPlayer especially, which is very much a ‘beta’ level product), wifi disconnects often, and I’ve had the system completely freeze up on me a few times. It feels really, really unfinished. The UI too feels so spartan as to look almost like a developer menu.

OS bugs aside (which need to be fixed urgently), I’m hoping there will be a media/blu-ray remote control released soon. The DS4 is great for gaming, but terrible for blu-rays/Netflix/LoveFilm etc. More media apps would also be nice, such as Now TV, YouTube, and for those without US accounts – CrunchyRoll.

Oh and more games too. AC4 is fantastic, as is Resogun, but beyond that… something of a wasteland. Where are the RPGs?

Well, it’s hard to choose one part of the Playstation 4 that is better than the others. I like the UI which is snappy, because of that I don’t have to wait forever to see my messages, friend requests, etc. The Twitch streaming is definitely a nice touch too.

In the end I have to say the Dualshock 4, is hands down the best part of the PS4. IT’S AMAZING! Everything from Resogun to Killzone just feels amazing with this controller. It’s comfortable and responsive. The triggers are a huge improvement over the Dualshock 3′s. Don’t even get me started on the thumbsticks. It’s the best controller I have ever held in my entire life.

I’m really enjoying the Ps4 as a whole but the things that fill me with joy and make me excited are either improvements compared to the ps3 or new possibilities alltogeter

I LOVE that games can install on the background while playing something else. I love psn+ but the long install of digital titles was always frustrating.

Really like the smooth remote play.

Enjoying the free to play Warframe

Keep it up Sony

I’m a 40 something gamer, who has and has all the consoles over the years, except this generation, I took the bold step and went, PS, mainly because I had limited use of a ps3 and had a PS plus subscription and mainly cost.

However, one week in, I couldn’t be more happy, the speed of the whole system, the superb Twitch feed lets me play games to my community, and the remote play just tops it all off, being able to play Next Gen games, on a handheld whilst the Mrs goes square eyes watching soaps, is for me an absolute gem.

And to round it all off, the entire UI, is simple but a million times better than previous.
And better still, the future of whats to come, excites me more than ever, and its a superb time to be a gamer.

The ONLY gripe, us in Europe did not get the 3 great free gifts the USA got, that was a big disappointment as it felt, we were slightly 2nd rate, which we should never be.
5 Stars for me.

BigBoyBanksy 6 December, 2013 @ 5:25 pm   17

Where do I start… The dualshock 4 is such an improvement over the dualshock 3. I can’t wait to see what Sony’s first party studios do with the touch pad.
The newly integrated social features have made the console a lot more social and friendly to use.
The hardware in the PS4 is a massive improvement over PS3 as I can now finally multitask to a better degree.
Finally the cross play between vita and ps4 will give the vita new life and show what it is capable of, running AAA console games.
Greatness is here for sure

IgnacioSan86 6 December, 2013 @ 5:25 pm   18

What im enjoying more is the fast OS, is pretty cool to switch between games, store, friends… Just so cool

Kotatsu2000 6 December, 2013 @ 5:26 pm   19

Not that I want to turn this into a moan fest, but I really hope digital pricing will be fixed soon. I wanted to go all digital this gen, but the prices are utterly ridiculous. Digital must always be CHEAPER than physical for obvious reasons, never, EVER more expensive.

It’s completely broken now, and should be priority number one to fix.

philfoofighter 6 December, 2013 @ 5:26 pm   20

All of it. I am an xbox convert and I haven’t looked back. Everything about PS4 has blown me away. The games look great. The free to play and instant games collection are better than I expected.

The speed of the overall system, Messaging, Trophies, Installing, Downloading. Everything is much faster. And the controller is so far superior to the dualshock 3 it’s unbelievable xD

Live streaming is one of my favourite new features. I was never able to afford the expensive equipment needed to do it before, but the PS4 lets me do it straight out of the box to show my friends what I’m playing. They think it’s a fantastic feature, too!

alphastreamz 6 December, 2013 @ 5:35 pm   23

i love the simplicity of playing with some of my buddies together online matches… it is just a matter of seconds joining a party chat and starting a match on killzone.

funny, it always reminds me of flOw… “life could be simple” now it finally is, with PlayStation 4.

It’s gotta be the Multitasking and the seamless, fast and fluid nature of the system. I love it. I haven’t got enough words to describe just how much I love it. Whether it’s playing a game on Battlefield 4, then Pressing the PS button to snap back into Netflix without having to open the app again, and then pick up on the show I was watching – it’s fantastic.

I’ve enjoyed Remote Play, too and it adds a lot of use to a console already bursting with brilliant features.

The DualShock 4 gets a whole lot of praise, and it’s for good reason! The controller feels so comfortable to hold, even for long gaming sessions. The whole console was designed with Greatness in mind, and boy does it deliver!

tony-juice 6 December, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   25

hi,

it is definitely the remote play – that is an awesome feature, I tried it and since then I´m addicted to this feature.
I played during my job in the office, on the railway station during waiting until the train arrives and also during my toilet-stoppage :)

SuperSaiyan4 6 December, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   26

FIX THE DATE ISSUE WITH NO SURROUND SOUND VIA OPTICAL ON PSN RENTED/BOUGHT MOVIES!!!!!

SuperSaiyan4 6 December, 2013 @ 5:42 pm   27

Meant to say DAMN issue

SuperSaiyan4 6 December, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   28

Also need 3D blu ray movie playback, mp3 player support and voice messages via headset instead of the TV!

imjustcheese 6 December, 2013 @ 5:44 pm   29

stand by mode for me is great, my internet is slow (2-3MB) so to download a game takes a while, leaving it in stand by mode allows me to leave it on overnight without the risk of it overheating.

the vita remote is an amazing feature also, i can play my stuff while the mrs watches the tv.. NO MORE ARGUMENTS!!!

Klaus9090 6 December, 2013 @ 5:45 pm   30

It’s power. There’s almost no loading time! Dynamic Menu, Store, Games, switching between apps almost instantly! Very great!

GTP_David 6 December, 2013 @ 5:46 pm   31

I love the overall UI. It’s so nice being able to immediately suspend a game, check notifications or go to the Store to start downloading a new game, then instantly hop back into the game. Even better that a game and one app can be co-suspended at the same time with super quick switching. It works well and it’s reliable. Once full on game suspension in standby mode is added in this will be a fantastic feature. Can keep jumping in and out of my favourite game, whether I leave it for 5 minutes or 5 days. A vast improvement over what’s gone before and just makes using the console a joy!

Mostly Games and Netflix… What else is there to do?

So bummed by the fact I can’t share games on my SUB account… I was under 18 when I got my PS3 at launch… But now I’m 24 and I can’t even share video’s or post to facebook :( … Please fix this!!

Could you please provide a roadmap on releasing new features? Thanks!

Not yet bought PS4, but I´m very very tempted..

The Remote Play feature seems very handy and I know, that feature would be used alot in this household. Kids watching tv and I still would be able to play PS4 games through Vita. Fantastic feature.

We even have two Vita consoles so there should not be any crying about gaming times or consoles, yeah right.. Kids would find a way :)

tiago-kun 6 December, 2013 @ 5:49 pm   34

Let me suggest this first:
-Offer some way to sort the games or applications.
On to the loving things!
This may seem like a minor thing, but that headphone jack on the controller is all kinds of wonderful. Being able to plug my ear buds and pass through all the sound makes for a great company for late night sessions without disturbing anyone.
I’m even considering the 7.1 wireless headset with this new found joy.
And the controller is just terrific, it’s so comfortable and responsive! I really like it! I just have a minor problem with it… For some reason, sometimes when I want to see the map on AC4, I push the PS button and not the touchpad -.-’ but it’s entirely a matter of getting accustomed to the controller. When Infamous comes around, I’ll be ready… I think… Or Destiny! :D Ah… Let me go practice some more.

Remote play has been the best feature for me so far, been using it just now to keep playing whilst watching the snooker and WC draw on TV. Also like the speaker & headphone jack on the DS4.

Also, for anyone that has been waiting Knack’s Quest is now out on Android!

cowbanana 6 December, 2013 @ 5:51 pm   36

I am really enjoying the aspect of watching the PS4 from the side lines. So far it needs to have its firmware ironed out and it needs a healthy dose of Europe-wide services available – not just for the favored few as always with SCEE. It also needs to support my Pulse wireless headset. It needs a lot of things including interesting games that actually make me want to own and play the system.

So for now I am watching and taking notes. The system doesn’t currently have anything to take time away from my beastly gaming PC – the multiplatform games are definitely best on PC and so far the PS4 doesn’t have anything unique that plays to my taste in games.

I will definitely buy a PS4 at some point, but it needs some extremely compelling content that I can’t play anywhere else. The system just launched and these things take time – that’s why I am in no hurry. Until then I have my PC and a rather large PS3 backlog to keep me entertained.

SuperHero43 6 December, 2013 @ 5:57 pm   37

I used to be a gamer and then I got married! But alas a gamer is always a gamer therefor I can’t wait to try remote play with ps vita (no ps4 for Greece yet!). It’s the main reason to buy a ps4.

FrostScythe1 6 December, 2013 @ 6:01 pm   38

The best feature for ps4 is remote play playing killzone shadow fall was amazing just imagine playing watch dogs ps4!!!!! and remote play”"”" forever

It’s simply kind of nice when you switch on the PS4 and my AV unit also switches on, not having to switch it on separately.

Shadykray 6 December, 2013 @ 6:07 pm   40

Every problem can be sorted out with a PlayStation.

wholeegun 6 December, 2013 @ 6:07 pm   41

The PS4 for me, has been a purchase that has made me so glad i joined next gen before i intended to.

The games look so crisp & clear, loving Resogun & the DualShock 4 feels very comfortable in my hands & is a joy to use.

The UI is simple to navigate.

I’m looking forward to my future gaming on the PS4 & all what the console has to offer.

AlexAtkinUK 6 December, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   42

I was quite enjoying sharing little videos of Assassins Creed 4, but its stopped working on my console. :(

I am loving the new controller though. I have always had huge cramp with dual shock to the point I couldn’t really use it but the PS4 controller is actually the most comfortable controller I have ever used. That is pretty huge as previously Xbox has been my top console/controller.

CerberusSco 6 December, 2013 @ 6:14 pm   43

The Dualshock 4 is just really impressive. I’ve never had a controller in my hands that is so comfortable to use & hold for long periods of gaming. The ergonomics are fabulous, it just works. The triggers are brilliantly placed and responsive, the light bar is an amazing addition and I love the placement of the Option & Share buttons. It’s just superb.

I’d also like to see more PS+ integration on the PS4 menu, that would be good.

Stonesthrow 6 December, 2013 @ 6:20 pm   44

I’m gonna go with the sound and audio in general. Everything sounds much more crisp and clear and that adds to the experience. Sound is half of the experience afterall.. Can’t wait to see what games like Bioshock end up doing with the audio.
Surprisingly loving the whole streaming thing too. Not to do it myself, but I really enjoy watching people and gameplay in between playsessions and it’s all so quick and seamless, in part due to the easy-to-use UI.
The DS4 is good in its own right, but I have to admit it’ll never come close to the previous design imho. But not going to get into that now.. Currently enjoying Assassin’s creed and still waiting for the code issue to get fixed to get into the online experience.

geoffreyc60 6 December, 2013 @ 6:21 pm   45

Really nice console but could do with 3D Blu-ray playback enabling in the next update and a dedicated remote control.

Of course clearing up the glitches – error CE-34878-0 seems to be one that crops up for a lot of people very frequently!

Also,network speed test seems to be widely inaccurate.

Overall very please!

VenomousAlbino 6 December, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   46

Remote Play is officially the Best Thing Ever™. My wife was watching Tudor Farm or some such bobbins yesterday so I decided to give the feature a go, and I was surprised by how smoothly it all worked. It’s a snap getting it all set up and once it’s up and running it works really well, even when I tried it upstairs; if there was any latency between my inputs and their respective actions being shown on screen, I sure as hell haven’t noticed it. And Killzone: Shadow Fall looks just as stunning on the Vita’s screen as it does on my TV.

Yep. Remote Play. Best Thing Ever™.

Hi there. I would like to suggest that maybe you guys can patch the PS3 to use the DualShock 4 flawlessly. I know that it needs to be wired which isn’t too much of a problem. However, it would make it infinitely better if you could add rumble support, PS Button functionality as well as any other features that are missing. This is the only thing that’s holding me back from buying a DS4 before getting the PS4 (which I’ll get in May!). Please can you guys implement something like this? It would be much appreciated!!!

Mohsi

Most awesome feature of the PS4 is remote play on Vita. Being able to play even when the wife wants the TV is awesome and has settled so many potential relationship issues that could have erupted when the wife’s “must see” TV show begins and I’m in the middle of an awesome boss fight in Resogun.

I have both devices on the home WiFi and the lag is almost non-existing.

arashi_85 6 December, 2013 @ 6:28 pm   49

Being able to switch between the tv & the Vita has been amazingly useful in our house and worth the price of admission alone. The other half can watch a blu-ray while I go on killing Templars in the Carabian!

I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised at how quickly I could start playing a game (in the past installs have taken ages) and also how easy it was to switch between various tasks.

Now if only I could destroy that pesky fort!

qadeera007 6 December, 2013 @ 6:29 pm   50

Love the fact it just feels so undeniably next-gen – crisp interface, hopping between a game and the system menu, the Dualshock triggers, using the touch pad for the OWL drone, the GRAPHICS on Killzone, the little tweaks on FIFA and Remote Play still feels awesome, never thought it’d be possible to have graphics this awesome on a handheld. Can’t forget the decision to not raise Plus prices. Mainly though, I can’t believe it’s… there! Just sitting there under my TV!

Load all