Posted 21 April

PlayStation.Blog Recap

The door closes on another week, one that is dominated by one piece of news. Yes, Kratos is returning to PS3 in a brand new game from Santa Monica Studios, and judging from the comments, many of you are getting excited. This is just the start and we’re looking forward to sharing more with you as the development process rages on. We think you’re going to be very happy with what the dev team is working on.

Here’s your recap.

Playstation EU

• Weekend Essentials 122 – Become a chess master on PS Vita, try your hand at rewriting sporting history and take to the skies on PS3 this weekend.
  • Design the target of Sly Cooper’s greatest heist yet – Create a treasure and it could be brought to life in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, winning you a PS Vita system.
  • Hands on with DmC – Style, swords and a devil may care attitude – it can only be DmC. Take a look at the demon hunting action adventure which is blasting its way onto PS3.

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

Want to hear more about Warrior’s Lair.

DAYDANNY666 21 April, 2012 @ 12:14 pm   2

Price cuts in video games often result in better sales!!!

Juhal_1234 21 April, 2012 @ 12:28 pm   3

i like davie222 videos don’t understand why james dont watch em…
because james would never want to disappoint the fans right?

more ratchet and clank hd trilogy news like a trailer atleast
also spyro ps1
and I’ve heard this alot… a timesplitters trilogy

also what happened to the batman arkham asylum dlc?
any chance you can tell the developers to put it back in?

Carnivius_Prime 21 April, 2012 @ 12:46 pm   4

Knock down the price of inFamous 2 please. Far too much at £49.99 given that it’s been out nearly a year or so. I rented the game back then and loved it and have been waiting patiently for the downloadable version to become more affordable so I can have it sat on my hard drive next to the first game and Festival of Blood.

DAYDANNY666 21 April, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   5

@ Juhal_1234 are you not davie222 just made a new account?

bennyrafal 21 April, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   6

@James

Any chances to PSOne Classics ? UFO Enemy Unknown and UFO Terror from the Deep?

Good week;) Best News was – ‘Xbox 360 sales down 48% in Q3′ :D (Sorry i couldn’t help saying that) ;) Hopefully SONY can at last go in for the Kill(like Kratos would LOL)& drop the price of the PS3 to $199 in the US & maybe £149 in the UK to(hopefully the few articles i saw on the internet today about the PS3 going to $199 in the US, the PS3 will stay at $199 in the US & not just be a short shop price war etc etc) ;)

manutreble 21 April, 2012 @ 2:42 pm   8

I just found out that smartphones iPhones etc can be hotspots for the psvita wifi models that £79 extra can go bye byes still getting 1

DAVIE222 21 April, 2012 @ 3:02 pm   9

Juhal_1234 thank you :) please subscribe. also your right about james, i want him to watch them!

DAYDANNY666 i dont understand what you mean?

James Gallagher 23 April, 2012 @ 11:10 am

Davie222, I appreciate that you want people to view your YouTube channel but repeatedly posting links in blog comments is spam and it will be moderated. Please refrain from doing that again.

manutreble 21 April, 2012 @ 4:51 pm   10

@9 stop beening a fanboy who cares about sales ps3 and Xbox are both great consoles

brucewillis215 21 April, 2012 @ 5:22 pm   11

You got to be kidding, no Ghost recon future soldier Beta for Ps plus members in Europe?

brucewillis215 21 April, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   12

If the Beta dosen’t come to Eu Ps plus then i probably won’t buy the game

StuDevo 21 April, 2012 @ 5:39 pm   13

Hey james.
Any chance of getting some info about uk pre-order bonuses for gravity rush?
In the US theres some exclusive dlc and just wondering if there will be in the Uk so I can pre-order it

James Gallagher 23 April, 2012 @ 9:46 am

Yes, I’m working on getting that news together and we’ll hopefully share it this week.

Juhal_1234 21 April, 2012 @ 6:37 pm   14

DAYDANNY666 nope im a retro every day gamer
i have my own youtube account and also love to see other gamers play, whether its this generation gaming or any last generation games

manutreble
sales are important, it shows if a company is doing good to lower prices and there is no reason whatsoever for you to say that to a customer of sony to stop supporting them, if i told you to ‘Stop’ eating you wouldn’t do it, as its needed to survive
for carl-g gaming and sony is his interpretation of food.

chrisandsheva 21 April, 2012 @ 8:40 pm   15

(1st) @ James/store team.. have just been on that other console. While there i noticed the big difference in ‘retail/downloadable’ games prices, compared to ours, i really cannot understand how a dev or publisher can tell ps to charge X amount, then tell ms a different ‘mostly’ cheaper one, Can you shed some light on this for me please ?.. a few examples.. Red Faction, psn, £57.99 xbla. £17.99… Protoype, psn, £31.99, xbla, £17.99.. theres Lots of other examples. And one, maybe two where xbla is charging a little more, ie, Motorstorm Apocolypse, psn £14.99, xbla £19.99… But all in all i feel that the psn prices, compared to ‘other’ outlets are Way to much.. So why and How can devs/publsh’s do this ?.. Again please lets know.. (will post more in a min.).

chrisandsheva 21 April, 2012 @ 8:59 pm   16

@ James (continued),
As i was saying i was using the ‘other’ console earlier.. some fool decided to send me my invite to Future Soldier for ‘that one’, Its been a while since i was last on it and James i Have to say, there xmb, or home screen, makes ours look Bad, the different services they can access is just mind blowing… I want us to do ‘better’, i mean we do have the more powerful cores/ram,? (not a tech head, so sorry if am wrong), Why/How can they get all those services and apps straight from their home screen, I really think the guys who do firware stuff should start looking at catching up to ms now.. Not that i’m going to swop main consoles if not etc, But it could be much better…As for beta, just kept saying servers unavailable, try later,… prob knew i use the $box for a door wedge..

manutreble 21 April, 2012 @ 10:56 pm   17

James did u know that this time last year that psn went down

ShootingStar_XCI 22 April, 2012 @ 1:38 am   18

Hello James, thanks for the recap.

I recall you were asking the community for suggestions for possible updates to the Blog some time ago.
Now you understand, I do not have any complaints, but I did just think of a few things:
If the number of comments & replies left on each article were to be shown on these Blog recaps, I may want to read or re-read them. For example: if there were an unusaully large amount of comments on a certain post then I’d be interested to see what was happening there.
Also, if the author’s name were to be shown, the same would apply – I appreciate when developers themselves take the time to write their own posts & reply to the community. And I’m more inclined to read these kinds of posts, even if it’s about a game I’m not particularly interested in. For example: I’m not at all interested in SEGA’s efforts in “Bringing Collaborative Play To Sonic 4 Episode II”, but when I saw Mr. Kebby was writing about the subject, I instantly read it.

Thanks again.
I hope you’re all having a great weekend!

James Gallagher 23 April, 2012 @ 9:58 am

OK, thanks for the feedback. Let me see what I can do with the layout to make it a bit more informative.

sasukeluffy 22 April, 2012 @ 1:33 pm   19

Motorstorm Apocalypse is PS3 exclusive, it isnt at Xbla…

chrisandsheva 22 April, 2012 @ 9:29 pm   20

Motorstorm exclusive..etc,
Yeah, dumb mistake by me.. But i now hate you (lol), had to go back on xbla to see what it was i ‘thought’ i’d seen,.. just some Motorstorm lookalike… Monster df, or something similar… mind you while there i realised that Prototype is now £14 instead of the £17, 99. that i put.. As i said they Do charge more for a few games, Duke Nukem being the £5.00 more ‘example’ i Should of used.. plus the CoDs and FiFAs are about same price, but stil, mistake aside, i hope James can tell us a reason for this, as all i ever read is ‘the publishers set the price’.. True as that is, Do ps/xbla Have to agree, or is it merely advice of the publishers ?.. Thnx for spotting my mistake.

James Gallagher 23 April, 2012 @ 11:14 am

I’m really not the best person to ask about pricing policies as it’s not my department or area of expertise. However, I do understand that digital game pricing is something that game companies are still figuring out and I do pass on reader feedback – on all topics – to the rest of the company. But as for ‘why such and such game costs X’ or other policies, it wouldn’t be my place to comment.

prycestation3 22 April, 2012 @ 10:39 pm   21

hey James any news on when the Playstation app comes to the PS Vita?

James Gallagher 23 April, 2012 @ 9:57 am

We’re still working away on it but I don’t have a date to share with you, I’m afraid.

flasheart456 23 April, 2012 @ 10:19 am   22

is there any plans for a events calendar on the Android phone app? it would make it really easy to check what events are going on.

James Gallagher 23 April, 2012 @ 10:35 am

That’s a good idea and one we have discussed here in the past. Do you know about this events calendar on playstation.com?

DAVIE222 23 April, 2012 @ 10:22 am   23

i hate having to sign onto the blog EVERY time i use PS3 BROWSER…james please put auto sign in to PS3 BROWSER, thanks :)

flasheart456 23 April, 2012 @ 10:47 am   24

yeah I noticed it the other day I got my eye on some events uncharted is one.I decided the other day to get involved in the ps3 community

chrisandsheva 23 April, 2012 @ 2:46 pm   25

@ James, thnx for reply, i thought you Was the person to ask about pricing etc, but never mind.. I agree it sounds silly asking why this/that costs less/more on X console, But as i asked the thing i would like more clarity on is the phrase (mantra!) ‘the pub/devs set the prices’, I have read this so many times, even from yourself on occasion, So basically what does that mean, Are these prices set in stone, or like they (devs/publ) do even in retail shops, merely there ‘recommended’ rrp ?.. as IF the later, well i don’t need to spell it out.
Also i Was hoping for some reply about our lack of apps/services from xmb, as ‘theres’ is very good, in comparison.. and i know you can give some answers concerning that, but again thnx for reply.

chrisandsheva 23 April, 2012 @ 2:55 pm   26

@ DAVIE222
Agree with you about the having to sign in every time (ps3 browser), it’s a right pain, But if i remember we used to stay signed in for up to a week, via a cookie.. So if thats been stopped it has to be for some security issue, i guess.. Not sure if it’s same on pc as i always clear/block most cookies anyway, But would be interested to know if it’s the same.. also when i last used the phone app.. (ages ago) that kept my email addy, making it easier, So maybe the ps browser could do similar.

ANDREAS0902 24 April, 2012 @ 5:57 pm   27

Can not wait for another adventure with kratos!! Hope the ce edition is awesome!