Posted 10:00am

The PlayStation Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

So, show of hands: who was tempted by the new Killzone Shadow Fall PS4 bundle we showed off this week? Plenty of bang for your buck, no?

Also making headlines this week, exciting DLC plans for The Last of Us, your first look at Mighty No. 9 – the new platformer from Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, a juicy Thief PS4 interview, and the unveiling of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag’s motley cast. If you can drag yourself away from GTA5 or FIFA 14 for long enough, please do check out the links below!

Please do tune in again on Monday – we’ve got plenty planned for next week!

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

70 Comments 14 Author replies
Show oldest first

dark_angel69 29 September, 2013 @ 10:21 am   1

Killzone Bundle was very nice. However I think I will stick with the console on it’s own and buy the game separately as I already pre-ordered them both and it worked out to be £6 cheaper than the first bundle (not for anyone that pre-orders now as price went up).

I would like to know more about the PS4 camera tho. Any chance we could get a post about it soon?

Would like to know what kind of games will be using it and how it will get used. The facial recognition and voice commands sounds cool but they don’t seem enough to make it worth buying. They just make a nice bonus. Want to know everything the camera can do compared to the Kinect before deciding if it is worth buying and if I want to switch to the second bundle.

Also if it would have some decent fitness games that don’t require the PS Move. Something like this for example:

Any chance we could have more info on the camera soon?
Any chance we could have a fitness game like that?

Fred Dutton 30 September, 2013 @ 10:24 am

Sure, we’ll talk more about the camera in the run up to launch. Nothing to announce today re. fitness games, but if anything comes in, you can be sure we’ll talk about it here.

I still haven’t received my code to download Ratchet Gladiator yet. :(

What’s the content difference between the US version and EU version of Beyond Two Souls as it has now been censored in Germany? Is the US game now longer? Does it affect the story?

Plus if a game is censored in one country in the EU why does that censorship apply to other countries in Europe?

Fred Dutton 30 September, 2013 @ 10:33 am

Ross Alexander 30 September, 2013 @ 3:11 pm

Hi Voodoo341,

I can fill you in with more detail on this.

There are only two amends between the EU and US versions of the game, amounting to about 5-10 seconds of gameplay that’s not been removed, just edited slightly to be in line with a PEGI 16 rating.

For BEYOND we wanted to make the game available to as many people as possible, hence applying for a PEGI 16 rating. The 5-10 seconds I mention above would have upped our rating to a PEGI 18, so it made perfect sense to make these two VERY minimal changes to get our planned 16 rating.

I can assure you that this does not affect the game’s story at all, and that if you didn’t know these scenes had been amended, you wouldn’t even notice.

Hope the above helps to allay your concern.

Thanks,

Ross

can i say thank you for keeping us in the loop about Ratchet Gladiator.
so all i have to wait for is my christmas present of GT6. and any games that i might buy for either vita or ps3

declan__watson 29 September, 2013 @ 11:00 am   5

Hey everyone ;)
Hello Fred, hope your enjoying this lovely Sunday. ;)
So like dark_angel said the Killzone Bundle is really nice and a cool edition, might brag my parents to pick me up this at Christmas :)
Been enjoying GTA V for a second week running, a brilliant and stunning masterpiece from Rockstar as are all there games, im also looking forward to the PlayStation Exclusive Agent too. ;)
And finally to finish a suggestion for the Xross Media Bars Music Player, I was thinking of getting the Walkman teams Xperia Walkman app with all the same features onto the PS3 and also possible Vita and PS4, but this is a suggestion so it might come up or might not but id love this to happen, be a really cool feature and I really like Walkman too, #1 Music Device/App in the world. ;) :)
So hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend Fred and ill see you tommorow.
Bye everyone! ;)

declan__watson 29 September, 2013 @ 11:07 am   6

Also @dark_angel I think Sony do have some fitness games for PlayStation. Sony are also a sports company as I understand from there aquisition of Hawk-eye Innovations for Goal-line Technology, as it said ‘to expand there sports division’ so something maybe Sony could be in the works for years, they could be making a Goal-line Tech bassed Tennis/Football game ;)
But we will have to wait and see but remember this, Sony always has there games working for years, DriveClub, first discovered in early 2000/01. Gran Turismo first development designs 1991 and PSmove in2000 as an EyeToy Perepherial but stalled to be released as Next-gen motion and continued wprked on in 2004/05. ;)

Hi Fred, I’d like to ask something different.

I have bought many digital games on my PS3 (courtesy of the awesome Sales every now and then), and some of them I wish I never did. They are not bad games per se, but rather not up to my taste. So, I played them for about 30 minutes, to see what they ‘ve got, and never got back. That’s some wasted money, don’t you agree?

Is it possible that in the future could we get a refund over unwanted games? I mean not games we ‘ve beat to the end and still didn’t like, but games that we gave up playing from the first day.

I think Steam will in the future refund gamers for this kind of situation, if I ‘m not mistaken.

Also, didn’t David Perry back in February, in the PS4 reveal, say something like “try it for free, and buy only what you love”?

Fred Dutton 30 September, 2013 @ 10:35 am

It’s an interesting suggestion, but I’ve got nothing to pass on today. For the time being, I’d recommend reading reviews, watching trailers and, where possible, playing the demo before release, so you can make an informed purchase!

Nightmare966 29 September, 2013 @ 11:52 am   8

Oh well, this week’s king is no doubt those PS4 Bundles — the 499€ one is just too good.

My other highlights were the, finally, release of DOA5:U Core Fighters (if you have the disc version, the save will work with the Free one. You just won’t unlock every character :P), and the Batman: Arkham Origins Knightfall bundle trailer — isn’t that a sexy costume for the caped Crusader? (also, all those sexy DLC costumes. Flashpoint? Injustice? Gimme!).

So it’s been a good week, this one :)

I wanted to re-ask, since last week it came too late I guess: Do you think there’s a chance to have a Q&A with Jim Ryan on the Blog, kind of how there was one on an online magazine not too long ago? It shouldn’t be too difficult — he doesn’t even need to get off his chair! :P

Thanks Fred, enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Fred Dutton 30 September, 2013 @ 10:37 am

Jim is a very busy man, especially over the next few months. If an interview opportunity does come up, I’ll make sure to put out a call for questions over Twitter (@PlayStationEU).

A_Nonny_Moose 29 September, 2013 @ 12:04 pm   9

I’d really like to know if Closure is ever coming to the EU store. And also will EU ever get Netflix on Vita?

Fred Dutton 30 September, 2013 @ 10:40 am

I’ve not heard anything from the Closure developer recently. If the situation changes, we’ll get an update up on the Blog.

And sorry, I’ve no news either way on Netflix at present.

gta v story out ( not to many bank robbery )
nowh waiting ps4

also i have question i ask already long time ago =
When platinium trophie 100% to sp mode
other platinium 100% mp mode
lots of games i not like to play mp ( i tink lots of peopel want )

dowload speed on psn ( ps4 )= beter very soon ?????
dowload list folders instead of +300 intims = when ?????

also digitale prices !!!! whath are you companie gone do about 69 € normale edition games = 59€ in real stores ore lesser .

info camera
info mincraft ps4 / vita

Also i tink when u buy new console = 2 controllers need to be always inside .

deep down = biggest disepointement of the week

So is our version of BEYOND TWO SOULS censored or not???

games far to expensive. Ps4 bundles are no cheaper except the camera bundle and game want £450 not £430.

games to expensive.bundle prices are no cheaper with a game. The only bundle with value looks like the kz mega bundle and game are charging £450 not £430.ps4 with ghosts bundle £409, £59 for cod ghosts :(

Not your field Fred but I will ask anyway.
Can finnish people start using the PS Mobile already for development and publish their creations as well?
The FAQ at PS Mobile development site is a bit vague right now.
Cheers.

Fred Dutton 30 September, 2013 @ 10:41 am

PS Mobile titles are currently not available for purchase in Finland, though local developers can certainly publish their games on the platform.

Hi Fred, as same as others I have not received a code for Ratchet Gladiator yet

Nightmare966 29 September, 2013 @ 4:34 pm   17

And on the Gladiator codes issue, Fred, please note that there’s people who didn’t even get Q-Force and got both the Motorstorm RC and the Gladiator codes. If people were given extra codes it’d be one thing, but if the ones who righfully deserve theirs don’t get it it’s a whole other matter.

Fred Dutton 30 September, 2013 @ 10:42 am

I’ll be keeping a close eye on this this week, and will do my best to make sure all those entitled to a code receive one.

No idea what’s recently wrong with mod team. Some time ago they simply deleted a complete second half of my contribution for a weekend debate. Besides a clean but critical joke as the punching ling, I still can’t imagine why it had to go.
This time they deleted the words. One that I used to describe a character in the game and one to describe myself (as a trophy w….). Seriously, what is the problem?

Something that isn’t within your responsibility Fred but maybe you forward that Sony should offer an API for the trophy data.
Doesn’t Sony constantly describe that they want to embrace the social component? Seems rather weird that Sony doesn’t support any third parties that offer services to the community. Far better services than Sony manages itself with its trophy sites, if I may say so.

supersmith2500 29 September, 2013 @ 6:22 pm   19

October is going to be an awesome month for the Vita. Dragon’s Crown and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate are out and I’m saving cash for them.

Also SCEE I think you should sort out your censorship policies out. You’re based in London in the UK. And censoring some bits in your games just for Germany is annoying for us European gamers and heck even the UK so I think you should make two versions of the games. One for Germany and one for rest of Europe and not to mention, Germany has their own rating system.

I mean does PEGI even allow gore in video games? I think you should have a word with them and you should let them judge to see if the game can be censored for Europe (except Germany or not). Some games on Plus had gore and are not censored. Great example, Dead Space.

supersmith2500

PEGI = a joke
stores not folowing rating
90% of parents even not understend ore not give a deam about pegi icones

If i want strippers nude ore see lots of drugs in the game = i am almoast 34 j. so i tink i nowh reality ore game en i not give a deam about pegi corupt system .
Also to germany governement = growh up go reed books en leave other peopel hobby alone ore play a game where i own you .

supersmith2500 29 September, 2013 @ 7:02 pm   21

@monoliet:
No offense mono but I just cannot understand what you say. Also it’s not PEGI’s fault for the censoring, SCEE are the blame.

I had to laugh as out of all people monoliet had to suggest “to germany governement = growh up go reed books”.
Oh, the irony!

declan__watson 29 September, 2013 @ 7:17 pm   23

Hey everyone :)
Back again, just some more suggestions for PSvita. I noticed Sony released an App a few months ago called TV SideView and noticed how they are going with gaming and Entertainment on PlayStation. Well, I thought of that app for vita because if we had access to TV on our Vitas, we could come in to our living rooms and connect Vita to Bravia and then enjoy live Streaming TV from our OLED screens and maybe something similar when PS4 launches.
Thanks again, just another suggestion ;)

declan__watson 29 September, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   24

You have great english btw Golwar but im suprised with Monoliets english. Sorry if im being abit harsh. ;)

Dear Fred,
I just learned that the EU and US versions of Beyond Two Souls are both cut. The US version misses 2 sexual scenes and the EU version is the German version that misses some violence

I respect Sony changes a peace of art due to laws in some countries. The citizens of these countries should go to their government and claim their right to be free. That battle is fought in many countries and I’m proud to say I live in one that has freedom.
But now Sony is taking that freedom away! That is unacceptable and disturbing. You did it with GOW, TLOU and now this piece of art and it hurts. Please tell Sony to change their policy and to add the cut content as a free update or DLC to all countries that has fought in the past for freedom of art! Please do a 180, it’s the right thing to do!

Here’s the proper recap, Sony!

Your customers want you to stop with the censorship! You are going too far in order to appease oppressive, freedom-limiting laws in one European country – Germany!

The rest of Europe have fought against censorship and for the freedom to express themselves. You are undermining and disrespecting centuries of anti-censorship.

Utterly shameful! Do you really want Sony to be viewed like this?

Make a special nanny-edition for Germany or just don’t publish games there. One thing is certain, you must stop the crazy European censorship now. It really has to stop! It is sickening.

Hi
I didn’t get my Ratchet Gladiator code either. I am not happy with the idea of ringing customer services. I never had good experience with them.

Hell-Raiser-85 30 September, 2013 @ 8:10 am   28

Hi Fred
Any news on Dead Nation & GOW for Vita?

@Fred You said: The US and EU versions are the same. If there are any minor regional changes, they will not affect game length or story.

That answer is not satisfying. Just like the changes in GOW and TLOU they probably are miner but they are changes and we don’t get the content as originally envisioned by the creator.
Please express our concern to the proper persons in your company that a part of your customers are not ok with this!

In the mean time I’ll try to get this attitude of Sony on as many European and American gaming sites as possible!

anyone know if dragons crown is cross buy?

@Fred: Thanks for the reply! I will. :)

If there are minimal region changes, then the US and EU version of Beyond arent the same. I would like to know what these changes are so ill wait for the reviews.

i get that people don’t like censorship but if it does not effect the gameplay then whats the big deal?

in the case of the last of us what’s censored a bit of extra gore or decapitation or something along those lines?
Does seeing brains leaving skulls and stuff like that actually improve a persons enjoyment of a game because i honestly don’t get it.

god i wish we still had stronger censorship as then i might never have wasted 1hr and 30 mins of my life watching the human centipede 2.

the fact that i have watched that terrible film shows i’m not exactly averse to gore myself i just don’t think it necessarily makes or breaks the experience its the gameplay that does that.

Still havent recieved my rachet:gladiator code after emailing and ringing SCEE 4 days ago

Hey Fred , upgraded my pre-order today , getting the KZ mega bundle , bring on nov 29th

Not gotten the Gladiator code either. :(

Good job that you got Ross Alexander to cover the topic Fred.

I don’t get the usual complaints about cuts. People exaggerate far too much.
With most of their reasoning cne could call almost almost all movies “incomplete”, considering how much material gets cut or changed or how many alternative strings are droped.

The only thing that should matter is if the final content package delivered to us is great. If that is satisfying, who cares if there could have been one naked body part more or if you don’t see limbs shattering in thousand bloody pieces? If that should be gaming’s most pressing issue: Halleluja!

And once more in moderation. *sigh*
Jeez, no idea what’s wrong about this last contribution but I feel like in the Kindergarten here lately.

Fred Dutton 30 September, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

Golwar, I’ll look into what’s going on here. I see no reason why this happened.

FatalExpert 30 September, 2013 @ 4:29 pm   39

^ This, some of the comments in the thread are of the cringeworthy variety. It always was going to be cuts to conform to PEGI16 in line with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, thats not censorship it’s softening content so that its suitable for the marketed audience.

Enjoy the game.

Nightmare966 30 September, 2013 @ 4:33 pm   40

@Golwar: Pretty sure that it is an automatic filter triggered by some words, or derivatives of those words — just to make sure the comment wasn’t made in an againts the ToS manner.

supersmith2500 30 September, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   41

Hey Fred, can I ask you something. I bought Q-Force on the day the Vita version is release and played on the PS3 version. I’m I still qualified for the free Gladiator title because if I am, I still haven’t got the code yet.

Still haven’t recieved my Ratchet:gladiator code, phoned and emailed SCEE like insomniac told us too, they told me that would call back on friday and never did. The game came out 126 days later in EU than US and still having to wait..

Grey__Ghost67 30 September, 2013 @ 8:39 pm   43

Just dropping a comment to say I haven’t received my code for Gladiator either.

TheJungler 1 October, 2013 @ 12:48 am   44

Just wanted to say, firstly, thanks Ross for coming out and commenting on the censorship questions. It really is important to gamers and is definitely made worse by the lack of comment in most situations. We really appreciate you engaging with us on this.

However, I’ll still take this with a pinch of salt as both you and Fred seem to have a loose definition of the word “same”. Although it is reassuring to hear that the affected content amounts to only 10/15 seconds, I will still probably be importing my copy from the US to receive the original version as the director intended.

You mention that the 10/15 seconds is how the EU was altered from the US original, but was there anything altered in the US version that remains intact in the EU?

There have been reports that violence was censored in the EU, but that sexual content was censored in the US?

No RC Gladiator code either. :(

Fred Dutton 1 October, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

To all those waiting on a Gladiator code – we’re monitoring this closely. If you haven’t received one by Monday, please do post again and I will do my utmost to ensure you get a voucher.

cowbanana 1 October, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   46

Bending over backwards for ratings is a total sellout move, a self-inflicted hit on your artistic integrity – of which you now have none. Such disappointing behaviour.

I’m not supporting that with a release purchase. Maybe used or bargain-binned at a later date. I’m not throwing good money at a compromised product.

If you don’t follow through on the original vision and let ratings dictate the end product you are utterly artistically bankrupt. Now we end up with a product that’s been dictated and lessened by some stupid ratings board. I bet they’re laughing now that they had the final say in yet another destroyed vision. *slow clap*

cowbanana 1 October, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   47

By the way, you can tell David Cage that this is exactly why his precious video games will never be art. Censoring for ratings is such a blatant corporate move that all artistic merit that could have been present is vaporized instantly.

Jarskaaja 1 October, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   48

I didn’t buy The Last of Us because of the censorship in Europe. And now I cancelled my preorder of Beyond Two Souls. Who the hell is making those decisions?

Project2insanity 1 October, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   49

@cowbanana; Please do share with us an anecdote of your own artistic endeavours. So far, you appear to be spouting pretentious nonsense, failing to understand that art needs to be appreciated to hold any value. Controversy does not equal art and so if cutting 5-10 seconds from a piece that will last several hours (bearing in mind it is amended rather than cut in this instance), why deny a potentially much wider audience from experiencing and enjoying it?

I totally understand you disliking censorship, I’m not in favour of it myself but try keeping it in context. I do feel the need, though, to reference the fact you may still play it when the price is lower. Seems a tad ironic, doesn’t it?

Preorder cancelled here as well. It’s a real shame that Sonys European branch is managed by executives who see censorship as the ideal way to boost sale expectations. This is the opposite why PEGI was created in the first place….

Load all