Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:00pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

It’s time to sit back and enjoy the weekend – a Bank Holiday one for those of us living in the UK – and I hope you all find the time to get some games in. I’m going to be playing Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (going for the last few gold medals) and watching a lot of sport. How about you?

Here’s your recap.

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

54 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first
millgate1 5 May, 2012 @ 12:18 pm   1

James, you wouldn’t happen to know if there will be any EU pre- order bonuses for Starhawk, would you?

James Gallagher 7 May, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

I’ll try and find out for you when I get back to the office.

DAVIE222 5 May, 2012 @ 12:19 pm   2

HEYO JAMES !!!!!!!!!!!

i might get ps vita on june 8th for my birthday! :)

James Gallagher 7 May, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

Great, hope you enjoy it. Which games are you thinking of picking up?

DAVIE222 5 May, 2012 @ 12:23 pm   3

James whats going on with the weekend dabate?

i see you dont do it all weeks now and you stoped giving game codes to the winners.

i think you should give game codes once a month and do normal weekend dabte every week.

DAVIE222 5 May, 2012 @ 12:25 pm   4

one more thing James, can we play Uncharted 3 Multiplayer sometime? i wanna do three team deathmatch with you and put it on youtube

taurus82 5 May, 2012 @ 1:34 pm   5

If there are any Broken Sword fans here, two of Revolution Software’s crew Tony Warriner and the Charles Cecil are currently discussing the prospect of bringing a Broken Sword HD Collection to PS3/PSN.
Please add your thoughts here http://bit.ly/JKhh8Y

James Gallagher 7 May, 2012 @ 2:28 pm

Thanks for sharing – brilliant games that I loved on PSone. Made me go away and research the Knight’s Templar straight afterwards.

Huono_peleis 5 May, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   6

I am ready for another week of misinformation, delays, broken promises, excessive pricing and arrogance.

Hell yeah – that’s Playstation lifestyle, baby!

Project2insanity 5 May, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   7

And in contrast to the above, I am looking forward to another week of top-notch gaming not available on other platforms.

Hell yeah – that’s Starhawk, baby!

James are you quitting? I’ve seen thers a Blog manager position on Playstation Jobs.

taurus82 5 May, 2012 @ 4:49 pm   9

Isn’t Datura also released this week?

almighty-slayer 5 May, 2012 @ 6:24 pm   10

Enjoy your bank holiday mate. You deserve it :D

I’m busy playing through Shadows of The Damned again (trophy hunting) with some Pure Chess Vita (Message Play) in between, and some Plants VS Zombies Vita too.

almighty-slayer 5 May, 2012 @ 6:27 pm   11

@hjm50 i asked him about this on twitter. He said he isn’t going anywhere (currently) but he can’t say any more about it yet.

MP_is_for_Chumps 5 May, 2012 @ 9:18 pm   12

You guys need to do more to make the EU blog stand out more compared to the US one.

Project2insanity 5 May, 2012 @ 11:23 pm   13

@taurus82: Indeed, it is. Datura on Wednesday. If it turns out anything like Linger in Shadows, I’ll be totally mesmerised! But still won’t have any idea what the heck is going on…

fjernbetjening 6 May, 2012 @ 8:35 am   14

Weekend Debate (Do I need to say more?)

baggy12 6 May, 2012 @ 10:17 am   15

James im going to be playing rayman origins just to get the last trophys along with black ops

Opt1mus76 6 May, 2012 @ 3:30 pm   16

Guessing I’m gonna get ignored here but just bought myself 3G PS Vita thinking I could get Wipeout free for topping up £5 as per the ad on Official Playstation Website (‘In addition, customers connecting with Vodafone will receive a PlayStation Network voucher code to download the high speed, anti-gravity racing title WipEout 2048 from PlayStation Store at no extra charge’) only to find that when I log onto Vodafone on Vita it says the offer expired on 21st March. Shouldn’t this have been taken off the website as it doesn’t state expiry date there and I purposely paid the extra for 3G model with this main incentive in mind based on that listing. Or has the offer been extended? Who should I complain to? Vodafone would seem to have done nothing wrong whilst Sony have continued to list an offer without expiration when the offer has passed. A reply would be appreciated

James Gallagher 7 May, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

Let me ask about this for you when we are back in the office on Tuesday.

almighty-slayer 6 May, 2012 @ 4:00 pm   17

I’d send customer services a message if i were you, Opt1mus

Juhal_1234 6 May, 2012 @ 8:53 pm   18

i hope james does indeed leave sony and the blog, not to be rude but he hardly helps/support consumers. hopefully sony hires someone who actually replies to posts day one. truly am devastated.

DAVIE222 6 May, 2012 @ 9:08 pm   19

I completely agree with Juhal_1234

James is a great guy and all but we need a blog manager that replys to our comments on a daily basis. I mean its not like hes got hundreds of comments to reply back to. about 15-30 people comment on this blog. (exept for store update) so its not that hard to reply back, seriously James your a great blog manager but you need to start replying back to comments or step down.

Lucreto 6 May, 2012 @ 10:12 pm   20

I don’t want James to leave but I can see why with the incessant whinging constantly coming from the certain few. No matter how much he does for the blog there is a constant air that he doesn’t do enough.

His job is fairly difficult as he has to contact developers and publishers to get content and new information on the blog. He has schedule interviews, record them and write a blog post about it. He is in meetings as well all for our benefit. He might not have time to read each and every post and certain powers that be might stop him revealing information and a few think James is just ignoring us.

He has a life outside of work so he can’t post at our beck and call. He is not paid to answer comment out of hours so why should he.

E3 is 4 weeks away I am sure he is snowed under at the moment getting all the posts ready beforehand then a 12 hour flight to the US and prepare interviews for the show.

I hope he doesn’t leave but the job application is for help on the blog. There are 3 working on the blog in the US.

I appreciate all the hard work James does for the blog and thank him for what it is today.

James Gallagher 7 May, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It’s very good of you and always interesting to hear what you think of the blog – especially our bad points. I agree that rate of reply is an area where we can always improve, and I just ask people to understand that we can’t be completely candid all of the time.

We’re a small team and the more readers we get, the tougher it is to reply to everyone, but every one is read and appreciated.

DAVIE222 6 May, 2012 @ 11:45 pm   21

Lucreto

After reading your comment i feel bad for what i put. Your right, James has alot to do so, yeah James dont you dare leave PLEASE!

Project2insanity 7 May, 2012 @ 12:09 am   22

Gotsta agree with Lucreto; nothing wrong with the management of this blog. It’s people’s own ignorance to what roles actually are that causes their grievances in the vast majority of instances.

Opt1mus76 is a prime example, if you excuse the pun: not necessarily the question itself but rather the “Guessing I’m gonna get ignored here” as if a reply should be otherwise mandatory. No disrespect to you, Opt1mus76, for you may not have intended it that way but almighty-slayer is right; get in touch with customer services. You may be very lucky and have it addressed here, few cases are escalated this way.

The contact details are at the back of game manuals.

CassyChan 7 May, 2012 @ 12:15 am   23

Exactly, being fair to James his job is to manage the blog’s content, not to make friends with everyone who posts here, handle technical or store queries, complaints or general moaning (which makes up the majority of comments that people want replies to).

For those who need tech support or want to make a complaint:
help@uk.playstation.com

For those looking to make a male friend online:

Simple :)

almighty-slayer 7 May, 2012 @ 12:19 am   24

James is a great guy, he does a lot for this blog and i think he comes across as very friendly in the comments. I have no doubt that he would answer every question here if he had the time (and, in some instances, if he was allowed to give away that information).

GenericBlogPost 7 May, 2012 @ 12:24 am   25

JAMES i keep getin error 80030416 n PS store isnt workin proprly 4 me

also y has their got 2 be maintenence once a munth n y is they’re a new firmwear?

nd wen is crash bash guna b on da store?! (i no i can bye it off ebay 4 2pownds butt i dnt want to)

plz reply cuz otherwize ill go 2 xbox!!!!1

do ur job james sort it out gawhhh

PS plz fix my avatar and make uncharted4 hd

millgate1 7 May, 2012 @ 3:14 am   26

Very well said Lucreto.

Huono_peleis 7 May, 2012 @ 9:38 am   27

Main reason for whining is (I think) the fact that people are unable to get assistance and/or information they need anywhere. Customer service usually don’t have clue and I simply don’t understand why simple questions like “Where is Velocity?” or “Is Velocity a UK exclusive since it’s not yet available anywhere else though it should?” get ignored when a simple yes or no would do the trick.

That is just a recent example – there are questions people have been asking for months that are very likely ignored deliberately.

This ignoring and avoiding that goes on and on creates anger – people feel cheated and in many cases rightly so.

It’s like Sony is annoying their customers on purpose. :D

Skookie30 7 May, 2012 @ 10:11 am   28

I dont want james to leave even if SCEE sucks getting us content, but the ppl who should go are are SCEI for putting in a multi-region in place.

i do agree james is to get others to spread the workload & of course to answer posts often.

ben bateman over on SE-members blog works fantastic & he said he the only 1 man there. :)

Skookie30 7 May, 2012 @ 10:25 am   29

* also he won’t make any comments today it’s monday in may = a bank holiday here in UK.

it intresting how many bank holiday’s we get in UK then the rest of the world we had a bank holiday not long ago at easter.

i think i read & hear we get another extra to mark queen diamond jubilee this summer & we are the Host of olympic summer games.

Project2insanity 7 May, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   30

Firstly, I’d like to say this is actually a darn good- albeit unintentional- weekend debate.

Secondly, @Huono_peleis: bear in mind the majority of questions that are being ‘ignored’ either have already been answered which people have dismissed or cannot be answered for whatever contractual reasons. As an example, how many times does a certain character need to ask about Crash Bash?

On the other hand, I completely agree that instances like Velocity should have prompt replies but these are probably fewer than you think.

Lastly, if Mr Gallagher does go, here’s hoping it’s on to bigger and better things. (And that CoolRichy doesn’t replace him! Sorry, kid, couldn’t resist…)

Lenomy 7 May, 2012 @ 1:17 pm   31

@Huono_peleis
That’s a very good example!
It’s small things like this that will be the death of Playstation.

The problem is, there is no communication between Playstation and the Playstation blog.
Everytime I have asked about, for example a PSOne game, this blog turns my question around and puts the blame on me for not “telling Konami that I want … on the store”, you would think Sony would stress the developer or even pay them money to push their catalouge to the store, forget that. It’s sad to see so many Sony employees go but really, was anyone suprised?

Lenomy 7 May, 2012 @ 1:20 pm   32

@Project2insanity

The thing is, there is always people who are new to the blog, how should they know their question has already been answered?

It takes two seconds to answer a yes or no question.

Nobody likes repeating but hey, it’s a blog.

Dhaliwaljagjit 7 May, 2012 @ 2:20 pm   33

Dhaliwaljagjit

DAVIE222 7 May, 2012 @ 2:42 pm   34

not sure yet James but i might get ressistance burning skies and that future lbp game

James Gallagher 7 May, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

You should try Golden Abyss too as I know that you like Uncharted – the aiming using tilt controls is great fun.

glennFAP 7 May, 2012 @ 2:43 pm   35

Why doesnt it post my post

DAVIE222 7 May, 2012 @ 2:44 pm   36

looks like this whole talk about James and SCEE has became this weeks weekend dabate! ha :)

DAVIE222 7 May, 2012 @ 2:46 pm   37

who keeps reporting my youtube channel links? i put them on the blog so james and others can check out my youtube channel but someone keeps reporting them, getting them taken down

to the guy reporting my youtube link: is it that affensive?

Project2insanity 7 May, 2012 @ 2:52 pm   39

@Lenomy; I think you misunderstood my point. Newcomers generally don’t complain that much and some of the community will provide answers each week where they can, like Catkiller. Many newcomers normally take the time to read our comments so they do get the answer. I’m sure a much larger number get their answer from Google as well. And you’re correct, it is a blog; it’s not a forum nor a database.

No disrespect but this isn’t a place to have our hands held. The community knowledge is massive but certain individuals won’t accept an answer from anyone bar an employee.

As for PSone classics, try to bear in mind costs against return. You may see popular requests here, doesn’t mean the cost will be justified. And doesn’t it make more sense to approach the publishers so they have a genuine idea of fanbase rather than one man giving a business suggestion?

Lenomy 7 May, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   40

@Project2insanity
The sad story is that here is the only place you can get heard, you can call Sony sure but you might aswell be talking to a trash bin.

Sure, thing is though, everything is about the money.
The cost will be nothing compared to what they get on AAA games selling in the hundreds of thousands.
Ofcourse there are exceptions like Tekken 3 with Gon license and what have you, but that can be solved to if they want.

DAVIE222 7 May, 2012 @ 3:21 pm   41

like uncharted? James its the greatest game series ever! but i play golden abyss on my friends ps vita every lunch time (at college) so i played most of it already. :)

Great to know that you know i like uncharted :)

manutreble 7 May, 2012 @ 4:47 pm   42

i bee getting psvita soon 3 weeks on monday and picking up a few games uncharted GA wipeout 2048 r fighters :D and a few download games

millgate1 7 May, 2012 @ 6:26 pm   43

Thanks a mill James!

chrisandsheva 7 May, 2012 @ 10:01 pm   44

Have to agree with the ‘majority’ about James, for the time i been reading this blog i cannot fault his approach, given what little i know about ‘contractual’ reasons for Not being to answer some questions, imo James is a good guy, But like All things big, business, politics,, erm football management, If the product, strategy or even team don’t perform, it’s the top, or one of the top guys who both get the blame, even hate, And are Expected to go… Not that i am saying psn has failed, not that much, But things Could be much better, both in timed releases, and costs, esp compared to a certain large region, again WE know this isn’t the fault of the team, but ppl need to focus ‘somewhere’.. and like has been mentioned, cust services seem very ill informed, so that unfortunately leaves this blog for most to ‘vent’ any frustration..

back in min.

chrisandsheva 7 May, 2012 @ 10:18 pm   45

I think also that, as @ projecttoinsanity said, the knowledge that the readers of the blog hold is vast, But i agree also (for some reason..?.) theres a Lot of ppl who’ll Only believe a answer, which is usually correct, IF it only comes from a member of the blog.. thats just mad, well obviously there Is some stuff that only staff can confirm, But mostly there questions get answered by us.. (mostly).. that is a area i personally would like to see improvements in, i mean i try and answer anything i can, and i know many others do as well, yet i still see too many genuine ignorned questions that could be answered in a moment, but sadly aren’t, So to wrap it up, James has said he (the team) Could (or should) do more, well so can we, i really like reading this blog but It would be much better if no questions (mostly) Ever went without answer, either by the team OR by us.

joshboy101 7 May, 2012 @ 10:27 pm   46

James is it true we are going to start paying for online cause not payig is the only reason why ps3s are better than xboxs

Juhal_1234 7 May, 2012 @ 11:06 pm   47

you know, i have an idea,
how about a ‘ Your Questions And Answers’ blog post .

where staff can post answers to recent and high demand’s questions as a blog post.
it could be done, every end of months
like J.Ashraf does on playstation store updates.
its a good suggestion, that way people like me won’t be angry that the blog posters are ignoring IMPORTANT questions? eh, give that a try

Catkiller1 8 May, 2012 @ 11:31 am   48

@ DAVIE222

You were told last week that although the links are enjoyable, as they’re your own personal links, it’s classed as SPAM. You’ll find it’s the moderators that are deleting your posts without reports.

In general it’s okay to post info on upcoming events or gaming news but to advertise your own personal videos etc is not.

Unfortunate but that’s the way it is :(

Catkiller1 8 May, 2012 @ 11:50 am   49

I would like to add to Lucreto POST NUMBER 20

It’s good to also see that James has taken time from his day off, to still reply to members posts.

If you do eventually change roles & a new Manager is appointed, then I hope he/she has the same mindset as yourself.

We all have our off days now & again & things get said that wouldn’t normally. The main gripe that I have personally & most members have, is the communication. I don’t mean with regards to answering every single post but if the majority of members are asking the same thing over & over again, then it would be nice to receive some form of answer to put those questions to bed!

The level of professionalism with the store posts every week are dire! The typos, pricing errors (Major problem), & misinformation are highly annoying. The KZ3 Multiplayer issue annoyed me to say the least. Confusion, especially when it was stated that “Yes it’s free” well obviously if it’s a trial & the descritption on the trial stated “trial & unlock”! Would have been beneficial to all of us if the truth was stated from the start, as to me it seems that we were going to receive the full multiplayer experience, but then at the last minute it was pulled.

DAVIE222 8 May, 2012 @ 12:45 pm   50

I agree with catkiller. Sony got me hyped up for kz3 because I only played it once last year but then I download the full multiplayer and then I couldn’t play it!!!!! Bs use aparently I levelled up to much

Lucreto 8 May, 2012 @ 1:47 pm   51

DAVIE222

Sony stated before release it was a trial to a certain level but you have to pay to unlock the full thing after that.

There was a blog post about it as well a day before release telling us this.

Catkiller1 8 May, 2012 @ 2:07 pm   52

@ Lucreto

For it’s first initial release it was mentioned that it was a Trial but for the SALE it wasn’t!

Andy also added confusion by stating that “yes, it’s £0.00″ giving the impression that it’s the full Multiplayer release & the description states Trial & unlock, so that’s where the whole mess began. Again this is a communication issue as stated before.

It should have read from the beginning: Killzone 3 Multiplayer Trial was £0.00 now £0.00!

Catkiller1 8 May, 2012 @ 2:27 pm   53

It was hinted at a few weeks ago when someone asked if there would be a sale on pixeljunk titles, the answer was “A Pixeljunk sale you say, wouldn’t know anything about that” ;)

It has just been announced that the US PSN will have a sale today! Please say it’s coming to EU tomorrow? I would pick up Pixeljunk Racers 2nd Lap & Shooter 2 :)

Catkiller1 8 May, 2012 @ 2:43 pm   54

A “MAJOR” announcement incoming on the 10th May with regards to Hitman. I can’t see it being a release date as that’s hardly “MAJOR”.

I’m thinking a possible HD Collection ;)