Posted 11:01am

The PlayStation Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Hey there everyone. It’s time once again to take stock of the last seven days of PlayStation Blogging. Highlights this week included closer looks at Tearaway and Killzone: Mercenary, behind-the-scenes God of War: Ascension and Soul Sacrifice footage, Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank updatesm, and The Last of Us gameplay impressions. Take a look at the full rundown below.

We’ve plenty to look forward to next week as well, including more on Killzone: Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and we’ll see you back here on Monday.

Playstation EU

• Weekend Essentials – New PlayStation Plus offerings, Dead Space 3 and Bentley’s Hackpack… you’d better take the phone off the hook this weekend.
  • Prepare for 20.02.2013 – Sign up for updates and we’ll keep you posted.
  • Try PlayStation Mobile games for free – Pick up a fun-packed game for your PS Vita, Sony and other Android smartphone or mobile devices from PlayStation Store.
  • Game On – Get your week off to a flying start with these animated spectaculars and tips on making games.

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

33 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first

I wonder if this might cue more moans about the freebie, hopefully it will not take too long in getting a new date for Vita Q force players.

supersmith2500 10 February, 2013 @ 11:22 am   2

Terrible week once again. Barely any replies this week except from the developers. Btw, can you do your best to replies to the comments next time? I mean if you do have time, it least reply to some.

Fred Dutton 10 February, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

Sorry things were a bit quiet this week – it was a busy week at SCEE and many of the usual contributors were out of the office for much of it. We should be livelier from Monday.

Nemeth050506 10 February, 2013 @ 11:57 am   3

Hey, any news about the replacing of Sleeping Dogs in Germany? ;)

Fred Dutton 10 February, 2013 @ 5:30 pm

Not yet I’m afraid. We’re working on it and will hopefully have an update on the German Blog before too long this week. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Hexahedronaut 10 February, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   4

So I guess you guys are back then? (welcome back)..seems like it hit the fan this week. gota feel for the Germans being blatantly lied to by you guys about sleeping dogs. really hope you dont mess up the skyrim dlc next week personally that would be it for me.

Pyromobster 10 February, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   5

Am I the only PS Plus user having trouble with sleeping dogs? I downloaded and installed, but when I try to download the 965mb update, an error occured! So until this is fixed, I can only play Sleeping Dogs offline :(

Huono_peleis 10 February, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   6

@ Pyromobster:

Sleeping Dogs has no online play. It only uses the net connection to update leaderboards. You can simply bypass the patch pressing circle. It works just fine without it.

Pyromobster 10 February, 2013 @ 12:27 pm   7

I know that, but I cant play while being signed into PSN!

Dosentortellini 10 February, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   8

PLEASE ANSWER DEAR MODS!
OFF TOPIC ! :
any news about skyrim dlc’s in germany? (bethesda said the european releasedates aren’t for evry country) when the dlcs are coming??? i cant wait anymore! if no one of u have a answer,please contact Bethesda and make a blog post about the actuell stand! THX <3

Fred Dutton 10 February, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

Bethesda still hasn’t 100% confirmed release dates around Europe. Keep an eye on their Blog and Twitter feed – I’ll be sure to re-Tweet on @PlayStationEU too when they make an announcement.

Is Aliens:Colonial Marines getting day 1 digital release on Tuesday ??!

dark_angel69 10 February, 2013 @ 2:13 pm   10

I thought this was a good week with the great PS+ games and news. Only disappointing thing this week was the news about the free game with Ratchet and Clank Q Force. Would like to hear some more news about The Last of Us and Defiance.

Just 10 more days to go! We’re half way there to hearing the big news

supersmith2500 10 February, 2013 @ 2:56 pm   11

Also, I thought February was going to be a great month for the Vita. Besides, Both Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4 Golden are out on the same week in 2 weeks time. I hope don’t see a another screw up with Ragnarok Odyssey just like what happened to LBPVita and Dokuro when people just got the demo instead of the full game which they paid for.

Excellent stuff as always but all i can think about is the 20th of this month!!! :P :P :P HURRY UP!!! 20th!!! :D

PIREDERAS 10 February, 2013 @ 4:30 pm   13

Many, many thanks to Sony. I read the news about the Playstation Meeting being held at the 20th of February, while studying for my exams. Damn those boring exams!!! Can’t wait to see what Mr. Hirai has to say!

Also, the coming months until June are going to be tremendous! I can easily think about 10 or so games I would absolutely love to pick up (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Ni No Kuni, Soul Sacrifice, The Last of Us, among others), and another 10 which I ‘m very, very interested in (God of War: Ascension, Remember Me)!

stil playing ni no kuni ( best game in times )
but next weeks are also good
dlc skyrim
terraria
ragnorack odysee
star wars zen pinbale2 tabels

why stil 4 versions of call off duty in ore store ????? 1 = eng/fr
( rest not our contry )
on ps vita no demo ragnorack odysee ( u need to dowload via ps3 )
= u realy not have 1 update whitout problems .

also i tink u need to hire pers. to blog who give replies.

give use report problem buton in the psn store
then option =
not working
rong language
only demo no key
only key no demo
rong price
other = fil in tekst exampel = game/ demo mising ( buton not avaibel when stil updating )

razordude 10 February, 2013 @ 5:34 pm   15

Are we ever going to get the 10% plus discount applied to Ridge Racer PS Vita – as advertised in the sale? Or are reply about why it has not happened?

TINTINTB303 10 February, 2013 @ 5:53 pm   16

This may be a question for Jawad but you may know what the score is Fred?

When is the Sleeping Dogs, Year of the Snake DLC being released??

I finished the game and Nightmare at Northpoint DLC last year and would love to have a reason to return to the brutal streets of Hong Kong.

Cheers matey

Tintin :-)

Fred Dutton 10 February, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

I’m afraid I’m not too sure about that. I’ll look into it when I’m back in the office though.

On the top right of this blog there’s a space for links to the store updates, video store and comic store. Can you add PS Plus to this? On the day the Plus content went live I had to type it into the search box and still go back through three pages of results before I found the Plus content post. The comic store doesn’t even exist anymore, so it should be an easy switch and would make things much easier to navigate.

Fred Dutton 10 February, 2013 @ 9:14 pm

That whole section up there is going to get a re-vamp in the next few months hopefully. There’s lots of things I want to add/take away! Alas, it’s not quite as simple as clicking my fingers, but we’re getting there.

“it was a busy week at SCEE and many of the usual contributors were out of the office for much of it. We should be livelier from Monday.”

In other words everyone is working hard for the meeting in 10 days time. Then there is destination playstation the week after.

Very busy times.

How come PS Store starts automatic downloading instead of adding games to cart? (when selecting Plus content)

Project2insanity 10 February, 2013 @ 7:42 pm   20

@razordude; You might be best to take a second look. There isn’t a further 10% discount off Ridge Racer mentioned on the post.

almighty-slayer 10 February, 2013 @ 8:01 pm   21

So i assume the comments on the Ratchet and Clank update went unread?

Fred Dutton 10 February, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

No, they were definitely read and all your comments were taken on board. Unfortunately I can’t comment beyond what was in the original post.

razordude 10 February, 2013 @ 8:22 pm   22

@Project2insanity – you’re right this has now been edited from the post, but it was there originally. They either got it wrong or Namco decided that they didn’t want the discount applied.

FruitsEverywhere 10 February, 2013 @ 10:10 pm   23

sry for the Off-Topic, but could you show us some news on Jazz:Trumphs Journey… im looking forward for this game but its been quiet lately :) thx :)

JayManGamer 11 February, 2013 @ 6:40 am   24

@razordude Yeah, I was waiting for the PS+ discount like an idiot.. Nice of them to fix the post >.> I bought it anyway, it was worth buying imo, pretty fun.

bitbydeath 11 February, 2013 @ 8:14 am   25

Looking forward to the PS4 announcement on the 20th. Have booked the day off work for it.

Any word on how long it goes for?

almighty-slayer 11 February, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   26

Well that’s good to hear, Fred. However, it would be nice to have some kind of comment from the chap that posted the blog. I can’t see the point in posting a blog if he isn’t willing to answer the questions and comments people have. Especially as he was willing to answer questions on the US blog. Some kind of acknowledgement of the comments would be nice. Thanks though.

It seems that Germany gets Binary Domain as a replacement for Sleeping Dogs?
Can’t claim that this news would result in enthusiasm, as BD is just an “okay” game. Generic shooter, average quality. Surely nothing that any gamer would mention in the same breath as Sleeping Dogs, right?

But at least I can acknowledge that it is far far better than what happened to us with PSP Lego Batman or Gotham City Imposters. Someone obviously put a bit more effort into this replacement. So I guess … Thanks Chris Howe?

But don’t get me wrong, this is pretty much the bare minimum that I expect! And how about if you’d simply share the identical content for everyone from now on? Three disappointing months in a row is really enough.

Fred Dutton 12 February, 2013 @ 2:56 pm

Well, I’d reserve judgement until you’ve played it. BD has a really unique feel and I enjoyed it a great deal. I’d say it’s destined to be a cult favourite when this gen is done and dusted.

Of course, we’ll do our very best to make sure everyone gets the same content. Local legal quirks can make this challenging at times, but hoepfully you shouldn’t see too much more of this sort of thing in future.

I already got BD via Steam Fred. It was one of those “Hey, look at that amazing sale! Lets gift it to everyone and play it together” occasions.
With the not so unusual result that we played it just once or twice. ;)

Oh, the best part about this SD-affair was that I checked the official forum once again and found your PM from last Christmas. A late thank you for 90 days code!

I think we have a kind of symbiosis dear Fred. You share good news with me, I’ll thank it with positive feedback.

Anyway, I think I said it often enough that I appreciate your efforts. I usually try to be fair, even in the hour of greatest disappointment! ;)

Thus I can accept BD for example, because I can absolutely understand the circumstance that the options were rather limited. Be it in SquareEnix’ library or in general.
I still don’t get why it wasn’t possible to give us the cut version of SD though. Pretty much everyone would have accepted a delay, if just the digital version of that cut version was missing.

Oh well, let’s close that chapter and move on to new uproars! :)

supersmith2500 12 February, 2013 @ 4:36 pm   30

Now my avatar thing is glitching with a grey face again. X (

supersmith2500 12 February, 2013 @ 4:43 pm   31

Why I’m the only one that has a avatar missing? Mine should come with Sonic.

Sonic doesn’t like you, that’s why he hides. ;)

supersmith2500 12 February, 2013 @ 5:29 pm   33

@Golwar
Well I hate to say this Gol but it really bugs having no avatar and I’m not using the blog until they sort my avatar out.