Posted 10:00am

The PlayStation.Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Ahoy there, one and all. Fred here with your weekly glance over the shoulder at the week that was. I think ‘quality not quantity’ is an accurate summation of PS Blog’s output over the last seven days. While it was certainly quieter than usual, there was a fistful of very pleasing announcements. My highlights? A new behind-the-scenes video for the thoroughly charming Diggs Nightcrawler, a look at Watch_Dogs on PS4, and a first glimpse at the brilliantly bonkers Men’s Room Mayhem on PS Vita.

Also, a quick reminder to check out our limited-time flash sale on brilliant PSN adventure The Unfinished Swan. It’s a steal at 50% off.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and we’ll see you back here tomorrow. We’ve a busy week in the offing, with some intriguing game announcements planned. On that note, back to Soul Sacrifice!

Playstation EU

• Weekend Essentials – Soul Sacrifice and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon as well as three new games in the Instant Game Collection. Here are your Weekend Essentials.
  • PS4 Recap: DUALSHOCK 4 hands-on – This is how the PlayStation 4 wireless controller will make playing video games feel better than ever.
  • Top Tips: FIFA Interactive World Cup – The Grand Final of the FIFA Interactive World Cup 2013 kicks off over the weekend. Hone your FIFA 13 skills with these tips from the reigning champion.
  • Level Up – Test your gaming knowledge in the official PlayStation Quiz.

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

49 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

darkdudes_2 5 May, 2013 @ 10:11 am   1

is it safe to buy Little Big Planet Karting, Twisted Metal, Uncharted 2 or Starhawk for PS+ Owners?^^

Fred Dutton 7 May, 2013 @ 8:52 am

At present, there are no plans to bring these to Plus, but the schedule is only firm for the next month or two.

hfred123 5 May, 2013 @ 11:02 am   2

Any news on when PS Mobile is getting rolled out in more countries? Really want it to come to Norway.

And what happened to Counter Strike GO? Did you guys ever contact Valve to get a response, or were you just hoping it would sort tself out? Or is it a mistake on Sonys end? I think you should just tell us if you know, because it’s pretty clear that EU ps3 will never get this title. It’s only fair we know the reason.

Thanks for a response

Lucreto 5 May, 2013 @ 11:02 am   3

“Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and we’ll see you back here tomorrow. We’ve a busy week in the offing, with some intriguing game announcements planned.”

It is that time of year again. E3 is nearly here and every May is a taster with game announcements. Little Big Planet 2 was announced in May as was Infamous 2.

I can’t wait to see what they are especially with the PS4 release this year.

If people don’t know Sony’s E3 conference is on the 11th June at 2am BST.

Basket21 5 May, 2013 @ 11:22 am   4

Hey fred ..

last week in the recap i asked about the full trailer of beyond.

u said :

Posted on 29 April, 2013 at 9:23 am by Fred Dutton

Just working on that now actually. It came in hot!

So where is it?
The blogpost hasnt been updated nor is there a new blog post?

Is it hidden somewhere cause i cant find it.

Fred Dutton 7 May, 2013 @ 8:53 am

I’ll have a PEGI version up soon, sorry to keep you waiting.

@darkdudes_2
Starhawk was in PS+ last September (single player campaign only), so it’s not going to reappear again.

Oh, and the Unfinished Swan is still not 50% off, only 48% (£9.99 to £5.19), false advertising there! Besides which SCEA gave a very good deal of $3.75 for it some time ago, shame you couldn’t get the same over here, this digital region nonsense really needs to die out for the next gen, it’s all the same internet after all.

@Fred
Any idea about the ETA for the subtitles patch for The Walking Dead?
The other systems got it mid March and I can try to run my imagination as wild as I want, I still won’t have the slightest idea what could take Sony’s QA so long to let a patch pass, that simply adds localized subtitles.

Besides, those free DLCs for Bioshock Infinite haven’t appeared yet either. You’ll remember how Ross wanted to see that content shared for EVERYONE in Europe instantly? And now, several weeks later, it still remains an unsolvable mystery.

Sorry, but such things are obviously parts were SCEE fails industry standards. We can expect better service, we demand better service.

Fred Dutton 7 May, 2013 @ 8:54 am

I don’t have any information about TWD patch unfortunately. I’ll get in touch with Telltale and try and find out what’s happening.

nakano1987 5 May, 2013 @ 12:48 pm   7

Is there some bug or an EU licensing issue with the Zen Pinball 2 tables? Yesterday I wanted to download the trial of “Zen Pinball 2: Ninja Gaiden Sigma II (Trial)”, but it says to me I don’t own “Zen Pinball 2 Unlock Key”. What’s that?

slocod 5 May, 2013 @ 1:50 pm   8

Hey Fred,

Any news on Hotline Miami ?
It should come out this spring(only a month left)!

And do you know if Resistance 3 will be added to PS3 Essentials on PSN Store ?

thanks

Fred Dutton 7 May, 2013 @ 8:54 am

No firm date on Hotline Miami yet – as soon as there is we’ll let you know. Ditto Resistance 3!

dark_angel69 5 May, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   9

Just 5 weeks until E3! Can’t wait for it. Just a pity its on the same day as Microsoft and quite late.

Was thinking there, obviously it will be live here in the blog but it would be nice if there was a live chat beside the video. Am sure no-one here would want to chat in the comment section until it all over especially having to refresh the page to see if they got a reply. But it would be nice if we had a live chat on the blog so can chat and watch same time. Just a thought.

Do you think Ubisoft would still be reading their post on Watch_dogs? It would be nice if my questions got answered cos am sure many would want to know too before they know which edition they want to buy.

Also a little heads up. I’ve heard someone say that a few news websites is already informing us there are spoilers on The Last of Us all over the internet already. Might be a good idea to not Google it incase you run into spoilers. But of course the blog here would be safe.

Fred Dutton 7 May, 2013 @ 8:56 am

We’ll be firming up our E3 coverage plans shortly – I’ll take this into consideration!

I should think Ubi mightn ot have eyes on the Watch Dog post now. I’m speaking to them today – I’ll see if I can get information.

darkdudes_2 5 May, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   10

@MrT820 thx :D
I buy it as soon as possible :D

dark_angel69 5 May, 2013 @ 2:22 pm   11

Omg I just had the most weirdest mystery ever. I put my PS Vita down and left the portable charger on top of the screen as I was typing my previous comment. The screen started shaking up and down between activities and the game. When I finished typing, I put the laptop down and picked up the Vita again to get back to playing Uncharted.

But something happened… I got a message saying thank you for your purchase. I was like WTF?!?! I never made any purchase. Checked the downloading and it was downloading Uncharted Fight for Fortune. I checked the store to find out the price of it and it is £3.19.

Now the weird this is, how did it manage to make a purchase when I don’t have any credit in the wallet (well just 29p) and I don’t have a credit card or anything saved? I checked my email to see the last thing I bought and it told me my new total was 29p. I got no email about this purchase either.

Is this game free for PS+ members or what the hell happened there?

Podyman 5 May, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   12

Hi Fred,
in one of last blog recaps you wrote that our Singstar complaints “were responded to last year”. Sorry, but i’m trying as hard as i can, but i can’t find anything except Ninas Scherer arrogant entry at http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/23/get-ready-for-singstar-on-the-xmb/ …but obviously there isn’t any meaningful answer. Could you please tell me, where i can find official SCEE statement to our complaints? Thank you.

Nightmare966 5 May, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   13

Well, you guys must be having an actual busy May, even if not reflected on the Blog, since E3 is happening soon and there should be an actual load of info on the new PS4, on new games for all consoles, and any other news you may have related to your services. Plus preparing the Blog for any conference streams and the such.

On this week, I’m still not sure what is Men’s Room Mayhem about, but I’ll gladly find out when we have a demo, and we got the Plus new games. Enjoying Absolution, although I’d rather keep Blood Money’s style!

So yup. There’s something I’m disappointed about, though. You guys haven’t noted yet that the Add to Download Queue function from the Web Store is now live (been for a week in fact). I thought you guys would make a bit of noise about it, seeing it was a feature many have wanted for years? But oh well, it’s nice to see that the Store is slowly upgrading… Now we only need those filters :P

Question time! I asked some time ago if you knew something about the Store being accessible from Android devices, and you answered you’d try to see what you could find. So were you able to find anything?

So yes, let’s see what this next week is bringing to us – and June :D

Fred Dutton 7 May, 2013 @ 8:57 am

Alas, no news at present about Android compatibility. Happy to hear you’re enjoying the Remote Download feature.

FBZ1501 5 May, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   14

So is Netflix ever gonna come out for the Vita???
It’s been out in the states for a year I think?!

zalwelgoedgaan 5 May, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   15

Hopefully we’ll hear tomorrow what the PS+ June games are, my HDD is ready.

supersmith2500 5 May, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   16

@zalwelgoedgaan:
Tomorrow is bank holiday so don’t except much news tomorrow.

skells22 5 May, 2013 @ 3:47 pm   17

another week wthout any news on ratchet and clank q force vita, we need a update to stop speculation on this game like the date and also any news on data grab 2 for our gladiator freebie

zalwelgoedgaan 5 May, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   18

@supersmith2500:

Ah, thanks. Still hyped for more PS+ and E3, though. :]

supersmith2500 5 May, 2013 @ 4:36 pm   19

@zalwelgoedgaan:
Me too, how do you know there might be a another batch of Plus content next month next week?

left4bread3 5 May, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   20

I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!

The US has Fatal Frame AKA Project Zero Weeks back

NOW AN ANNOUNCEMENT THEY GET 2 ASWELL WTH SCEE WHERES OURS???!!!!

zalwelgoedgaan 5 May, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   21

@supersmith2500:
Well, it’s just a hunch that it will be revealed early. Last June, we got Infamous 2, LBP2, MotorStorm Apocalypse etc. They will be replaced this June with at least a handful of new first party PS3 titles (I bet PlayStation All-Stars is one of them) that will stick around for a year as well. Wishful thinking, but I hope Sly Cooper 4 is one of them. XD

CoolRichy007UK 5 May, 2013 @ 5:16 pm   22

i bet dark_angel69 hacked the ps vita for a free game (Sets phazers to hmmmmm)

Pyromobster 5 May, 2013 @ 5:32 pm   23

Hey, I’m really enjoying Hitman Absolution (I got it on my birthday, thanks PS Plus) and FC3: Blood Dragon.

Also, @20, calm down bread =3

MaxDiehard 5 May, 2013 @ 5:38 pm   24

@Nightmare966

Mens Room Mayhem, have a look for videos of FLight Control HD. It plays similar to that. Easy to play, but highly addictive.

supersmith2500 5 May, 2013 @ 6:07 pm   25

@zalwelgoedgaan:
Very likely. Maybe Uncharted 3 GOTY and Modnation Racers as well.

Golwar 5 May, 2013 @ 6:53 pm   26

My bets still are on PSASBR, LBP Karting and Twisted Metal.

Deadeyye 5 May, 2013 @ 7:52 pm   27

@Fred
any change to get GTA Vice City Stories for PSP/Vita for discount or free in PS+? Now that there are so many new information on GTA V i guess many players would want to play some GTA on Vita in waiting for big release :D

zalwelgoedgaan 5 May, 2013 @ 8:10 pm   28

@Golwar:

The flops of 2012, yeah those a very likely to appear. XD

BBear_27 5 May, 2013 @ 8:49 pm   29

Hey fred, any update on what’s happening with deadly premonition?

redalertrules 6 May, 2013 @ 12:41 am   30

hey there fred could you please give an update on when we an pre order the beyond two souls special edition in pal regions, as all the places i have asked havent even got the game or dont have that special edition for pre order, as you said we would get details soon.

Golwar 6 May, 2013 @ 1:43 am   31

@zalwelgoedgaan
More likely than an HD update of a PS2 classic for sure.
And there simply haven’t been any better exclusives, besides PSN titles as Journey.

AshishSahoo 6 May, 2013 @ 4:29 am   32

Fred,
A question to ask, are Soul Sacrifice US and EU servers same or different? I asked this, since I wanted to know if I can play multiplayer with my US friends.
Cheers!

Skookie30 6 May, 2013 @ 12:24 pm   33

Happy bank holiday if you live in Uk, a busy week ehh I don’t believe it don’t expect to see any features for Vita & ps3 till after E3 besides it be less of Ps3 stuff & more ps4. :|

Voodoo341 6 May, 2013 @ 6:04 pm   34

Cant wait to see Call of Duty at this years E3.

Kandracar 6 May, 2013 @ 6:15 pm   35

Hi Fred, I hope you are enjoying the bank holiday.

Just wanted to ask if by any chance you might be able to do something about getting a sale on the Modnation Racers dlc. At around £7 each if I remember right it’s to much to get them at this stage in the games life. Any info much appreciated.

ChristianScholle 6 May, 2013 @ 7:20 pm   36

Please, we want new AAA-Titel for the PS-Vita !!!
GrandTheftAuto for the Win!!! More Handygames are crap -_-

Rodia_73 6 May, 2013 @ 10:50 pm   37

Nina. Singstar. Rod Stewart. Baby Jane. Get it!

Start justifying silly icon in top of my games list.

(please)

skells22 7 May, 2013 @ 7:23 am   38

and no repleys to any of the posts but that was understandable yesterday as it was a bank holiday.

Nightmare966 7 May, 2013 @ 10:00 am   39

Hey Fred, just a little update on Android compatibility. Yesterday before going to bed I tried entering the Store with my Xperia S, looks like it loaded everything :P

So guys, if you want to use your mobile to browse the web Store, try it out :D

Mattbrad 7 May, 2013 @ 11:37 am   40

Is the playstation network down? Cant sign in anywhere

DBEUROPA187565 7 May, 2013 @ 11:55 am   41

matt it probably is because I cant sign in either I keep getting an error message. it was supposed to have been sorted by now.

dark_angel69 7 May, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   42

Just 5 minutes ago I was playing Defiance. There was beginning to be lack of players joining a competitive match so I went off the PS3 to do some work. Turns out I didn’t have much work to do so came back to the PS3. Couldn’t log in but is now working again now

SetsunaF_Seiei_ 7 May, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   43

OMG! my bank account details has £0.00 and PlayStation network has an error code login 8071053D OMG PSN has been hacked again today as my Bank Details on PSN has been leaked my BANK is now taking legal action against PSN as not once but twice this has happened!!

Sorrow12324 7 May, 2013 @ 12:25 pm   44

Nice

X-CACTUS-CRACK-X 7 May, 2013 @ 12:46 pm   45

when is yu gi oh duel of decades being released for the Europe store? and is there a possibility of guardian heroes being released for ps3?

SetsunaF_Seiei_ 7 May, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   46

yu gi oh duel of decades is only on SCEA & SCEJ PSN Store it will never be released on SCEE PSN Store just like CS GO won’t be on SCEE PSN Store as SCEE are B*****DS

Golwar 7 May, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   47

Hm, neither LBP Karting nor Twisted Metal for the IGC within the next 1-2 months? Now you have me wondering what we might see as the next 3 annual titles in June Fred.

With those candidates eliminated, Sony’s 2012 library offers PSASBR, some HD remakes, Move titles and PSN games.
Besides PSASBR all seem unlikely, because they aren’t in same weight class as the previous games LBP2, inFamous 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse.
I also doubt that we’ll see some older games. New games might give Plus a momentum before the PS4 appears, but it seems unlikely.
So what’s left? Games from other publishers?

Ah, speculating is fun!:)

darkdudes_2 7 May, 2013 @ 2:56 pm   48

@Fred Dutton

thats a big surprise O_O
i dont know what can replace LBP2, Infamous 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse O_O
could it be tokyo jungle, HD Collection, Ratchet & Clank? O_O

IntenseFAtE98 7 May, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   49

When will Resistance, Disgaea 3 and Little Big Planet come on PS Plus for the Vita? It’s been a long time since these games have been released. I’m from India so I also wanted to ask when will the MOVIES store open in the playstation store on the vita. I have been waiting for months for that to come on the store.