Posted 22 December
And lo, a busy 12 months of PlayStation Blogging draws to a close. Yes, as of today, I’m packing up and heading home for Christmas. However, that doesn’t mean things will be quiet here on the Blog. Anything but. We’ve got a busy fortnight of guest posts lined up for you, including loads of developer Christmas cards, end-of-year interviews, festive quizzes, a few ‘behind the scenes’ specials and lots more besides. It’ll be fun, promise.
I’ll be popping up in the comments whenever I can and you can expect a few festive posts bearing my name too, but please forgive me if I go silent for a few days – I’m in foreign lands between Christmas and New Year.
In the meantime, we’ve had another busy week here on the Blog – so please indulge in a little catch-up reading. Highlights included a preview of your Plus content for January, the results of our inaugural Game of the Year vote, an update on Ratchet & Clank: QForce and a guest post from the clever chaps behind the new Oddworld HD re-releases. See below for all your links.
Right, I’m off to do my Christmas shopping. If anyone has any idea what I should get for my mum, I’m all ears. Thanks so much to you all for welcoming me on to the Blog this year and keeping me on my toes – it’s been a blast. Happy holidays everyone!
- 12 Deals Of Christmas – Deal 9 in the 12 Deals of Christmas promotion revealed!
- God of War: Ascension single player demo included with Total Recall Blu-ray – If you pick up the Extended Director’s Cut of Total Recall on Blu-ray , you’ll gain access to the God of War: Ascension single player demo.
- Community update: Black Ops 2, Far Cry 3 and Hitman challenges – The festive season is upon us and we’ve got more activities, events and competitions than you can shake a pack of mince pies at!
- Video Store update 17th December 2012 – Four new releases arrive on the Video Store this week, including The Imposter and Cosmopolis.
- Labyrinth Legends launches this week on PSN – Creat Studios is very excited to bring you this new fast-paced, quirky, addictive, hackin’-slashin’ dungeon crawling adventure.
- Sack it to Me: Marvel Heroes returns this week – Marvel Heroes Costumes, the re-release of the Winter Seasonal Creator Kit and lots more is new in LittleBigPlanet this week.
- PlayStation Mobile: Cosmic Clean-Up sweeps in tomorrow – In Cosmic Clean-Up, players must strategically use the fire from the ship’s thruster burn to destroy the space junk that is blocking their path.
- Ratchet & Clank: QForce updates and DLC incoming – Developer Tin Giant has been hard at work finishing the PS Vita version of Ratchet & Clank: QForce, which will be available soon in early 2013!
- Introducing Knytt Underground, your next PS Plus title – Nicklas Nygren, the Creative Director of Nifflas’ Games, discusses Knytt Underground, a quirky and strange tale that connects to various things in his own life.
- Happy holidays from the Puppeteer team! – Check out this special Puppeteer Christmas card, designed so that you can reach out to your friends, family and gaming buddies and put a smile on their faces.
- PlayStation Home: 2012 Winter finale – A Winter Island, Home Tycoon sale, Konami animations and tattoos, and lots more this week in PlayStation Home.
- 12 Deals Of Christmas – Deal 10 in the 12 Deals of Christmas promotion revealed!
- Holiday sale for PlayStation Home – The festive season is here again and the PlayStation Home team has been working as hard as Santa’s elves to bring you some great savings on PS Home content.
- Rev your engines for the GT Academy Challenge – For those gamers enjoying the bumper version of Gran Turismo known as the GT5: Academy Edition, the next few weeks will get even more interesting. The special seasonal event included with GT5: AE – the GT Academy Challenge – is about to kick off.
- PlayStation Plus: Your January content – January’s PS Plus offerings include BioShock 2, Guardians of Middle Earth, and Mortal Kombat.
- LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack is out today! – The LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack is out now! This brand new pack lets you use your PlayStation Vita as a controller in LittleBigPlanet 2, allowing you to play the game in a totally new and exciting way.
- ‘Heads-up’ Store update 19th and 21st December 2012 – This week in PlayStation Store: Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD, Knytt Underground, Fuel Overdose and plenty more.
- PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards 2012: All the winners – The polls are closed and the votes have been tallied. Check out the full list of PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards winners as chosen by you.
- Return to Oddworld on PSN this week – Two Oddworld games have just arrived to PSN! Say ‘hello’ to Stranger’s Wrath and Munch’s Oddysee (again) in full on HD flavours.
- The music of Wonderbook: Book of Spells – The fourth and final ‘Making of’ Wonderbook: Book of Spells video focuses on a large and significant part of the creative process – setting the game to music.
- 12 Deals Of Christmas – Deal 11 in the 12 Deals of Christmas promotion unveiled!
- Festive sale on PlayStation Store! – Even more content is on offer as there is an update to the Festive sale on the PlayStation Store.
- Rapid Angel blesses PSN with its presence today – MonkeyPaw Games announces its latest weird and wonderful game to be released onto PSN.
- Fuel Overdose under starter’s orders on PSN today – We get an insight into why strategy was added to Fuel Overdose, courtesy of executive producer Skander Djerbi
- Happy holidays from Keiji Inafune and the Soul Sacrifice team – Keiji Inafune stops by to deliver a festive message.